Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #541
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaMouse View Post
Great update! Cant believe how close your wedding is !!!!!
Love the UP inspired mailbox, so cute! I think T-Rex will be a great time! Cant wait to read more!!!
Thanks Shana! It can't believe how fast time is going by!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
I love the mailbox!

I've never been to T-Rex, but from what I've seen it looks like a lot of fun! And the invite is so cute!
Thanks so much! T-REX is awesome-- lots of fun but pretty loud!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
Seriously time does really fly! I love the rehearsal lunch that is so awesome I would love to be a guest at that and what a fab price! I also like the invites he did! The RSVP nightmare can be annoying but I kept a spreadsheet and that helped a ton. The card box looks great and so does his hat! Good job girl keep plugging away

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I just started a spreadsheet! I just hope everyone sends back their stupid cards so I can keep track! Thanks girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancr06 View Post
Hi, Faith! I am FINALLY all caught up and you have done such a great job so far! Your rehearsal at T-Rex sounds like it will be a blast and I love the silly invites! Oh, and your cardbox is amazing! I love everything and can't believe how close you are! The time really does fly!
Thanks so much!! I appreciate your kind words!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerkell007 View Post
Holy crap! Seeing your "Up" inspired mailbox card holder brought a tear to my eye. I love love LOVE that.

I recently went to a wedding in NY and the bride did a lot of personal touches that represent them as a couple and it was so beautiful. I know that your's will be nothing less than that too...so hurry up cause I wanna see me some pictures!

Happy 2 month mark! (LESS than 2 months now!!)
Aww, you are so sweet! That comment made me so happy. I can't wait and I promise pictures!
Old 10-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #542
Tinkerkell007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Aww, you are so sweet! That comment made me so happy. I can't wait and I promise pictures!
Awww, it's the truth. We are FB friends so I've been peaking at your pics every now and then so I don't miss anything. LOL

PS- I also loved your bridal shower, it looked so fun and pretty. Very creative!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #543
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

All caught up! Everything looks great!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #544
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

I just read through your whole PJ - your engagement pictures are adorable!! Looks like you're two months out now! =)
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #545
DreaminDisney529
Earning My Ears

Hi Faith!

I just caught up on your PJ! I LOVE how you are having your reception at the Garden Grove. I think it's really great how you were able find a place that is special to you, a good price AND has characters Your guest will be so surprised!

Cassie
Old 10-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #546
tiggerfan77
I clearly do not make it to WDW enough

Having a rehearsal dinner at T-Rex is an awesome idea! I ate there for the first time last December and my son and boyfriend loved it! And I must admit I was geeking out as well!
tiggerfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #547
xkaittloveex
Mouseketeer

Joining in!

I just read your entire report and... I AM IN LOVE!
I am so excited for you and I cannot wait to keep reading!

Congratulations. And you are beautiful!
xkaittloveex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:19 AM   #548
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

You really are close now! It's funny, I joined the DIS in January 2011 and at that point 2012 seemed so far away! But now I know people planning weddings even as far ahead as 2014, and I know that will come sooner than you know it too!

I love that you're having your rehearsal at T-REX. I think it's totally fine to have it in the morning, whatever works! And I don't know if you've had it before, but that Paleozoic Chicken Sandwich is one of the best sandwiches I've ever ate. Jason loved it so much we had to split my plate In fact, it's because of him and that sandwich that we're going back to T-REX on our next trip! :lol: And the invites are hilarious!

Also, the Up card box is fabulous. I love it!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #549
Talbot23
Earning My Ears

Faith~ I have been following along with your PJ and just wanted to tell you that everything looks amazing! You are getting so close now!
Talbot23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #550
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for all the sweet comments and well wishes!

Things are going smoothly. Will update soon!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #551
westjones
Mother of Two Disney Princesses
Boy I learn something new all the time on these boards!

I just saw your thread, and I have always thought a Disney wedding would be so wonderful. I am curious, are you renting out the restaurant or just have a reserved section. And are the characters just there normally or are you paying to have them attend?

I don't suppose you could give a ballpark as to how much that would cost? (I understand if you don't want to).

I was just curious how it worked there. I never thought about a Disney wedding at the Swan.
westjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:40 AM   #552
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by westjones View Post
I just saw your thread, and I have always thought a Disney wedding would be so wonderful. I am curious, are you renting out the restaurant or just have a reserved section. And are the characters just there normally or are you paying to have them attend?

I don't suppose you could give a ballpark as to how much that would cost? (I understand if you don't want to).

I was just curious how it worked there. I never thought about a Disney wedding at the Swan.
Hi!

We aren't renting out Garden Grove but just have reserved the "upper section" of the restaurant. The characters are normally there for dinner so we are just reaping the benefit of characters without shelling out the $$. That said, they will, of course, rotate throughout the restaurant since they aren't there for us.

The entire wedding for 50 some people including all vendors, my dress, etc is running us about $10k. It can definitely be done cheaper- I've hired pricey vendors, bought an expensive dress, etc. Honestly, going the Swan route for a Disney wedding was the best way for us to go. SO affordable, great communication, and virtually no restrictions.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #553
westjones
Mother of Two Disney Princesses
Boy I learn something new all the time on these boards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Hi!

We aren't renting out Garden Grove but just have reserved the "upper section" of the restaurant. The characters are normally there for dinner so we are just reaping the benefit of characters without shelling out the $$. That said, they will, of course, rotate throughout the restaurant since they aren't there for us.

The entire wedding for 50 some people including all vendors, my dress, etc is running us about $10k. It can definitely be done cheaper- I've hired pricey vendors, bought an expensive dress, etc. Honestly, going the Swan route for a Disney wedding was the best way for us to go. SO affordable, great communication, and virtually no restrictions.

Thank you so much! I have a DD who wants to get married at Disney (but not until after college graduation) and we watched a Disney wedding show, but it was so expensive that I didn't think it could be an option for her. But this sounds like it might be doable if she and her guy really want it.

I hope you post pictures of the event, it is coming up soon! I will show her.

I never ever even thought about the Swan as a wedding location. BTW, is the minister who is doing the ceremony someone you know or someone the Swan is able to contact to do it for you? We aren't from Florida or anywhere near by, so we wouldn't know anyone there to ask to do it.

Thanks again!
westjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #554
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by westjones View Post
Thank you so much! I have a DD who wants to get married at Disney (but not until after college graduation) and we watched a Disney wedding show, but it was so expensive that I didn't think it could be an option for her. But this sounds like it might be doable if she and her guy really want it.

I hope you post pictures of the event, it is coming up soon! I will show her.

I never ever even thought about the Swan as a wedding location. BTW, is the minister who is doing the ceremony someone you know or someone the Swan is able to contact to do it for you? We aren't from Florida or anywhere near by, so we wouldn't know anyone there to ask to do it.

Thanks again!
I will for sure post some pictures!

Our officiant is someone from Orlando that we hired based on reviews on other brides.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #555
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

22 Days!!!!

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: