Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #466
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

*I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed at the same time earlier this year or last summer I can not remember which. As long as he takes his pain meds he will be ok. I also do not recommend trying to eat an almond inevitably you will bite it and a piece will get stuck in the hole in your mouth from your tooth. I would wait a good while before doing that....personal experience speaking!

*I am so glad you are doing a bridal shower. I am not having one nor does it seem I will be having any kind of a party. We had wanted to do it may 6th but I just have not been able to help my friend that is trying to do it by even giving her a list of people. We wanted it to just be a teresa is getting married party but I have had no time to help. So I guess that won't be happening....oh well

*I love the dress you bought it is so you

* I can't wait for school to be out I have a lot to do in a few short weeks to get all my DIY stuff done once school is over...no pressure!

Ok well keep updates coming love you girl!

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #467
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

So sorry about your foot, hun! And, that you have to bow out of the Everest Challenge.

I hope your foot feels better soon and that Max recovers quickly from his teeth.
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #468
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer

Yay for almost being done with school! Congrats!

I'm sorry you've been having so much pain lately, but at least the doctor was able to figure out what it is and hopefully there's some relief in sight? What can they do for a twisted colon?

Your bridal shower sounds like it's going to be so much fun! I LOVE the invites - super cute. And your dress!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #469
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

I love your bridal shower invites! They are so cute! And the menu sounds absolutely delicious, I have to say that my mouth is watering right now. The dress you found is super pretty and will go great with the theme!

So sorry about all your health issues and now especially your foot! Hoping you have a speedy recovery.
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #470
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Hi, Faith! I got beind but I'm all caught up now! Seriously, how crazy are the south FL allergies right now? Mine have been terrible and I just recently found out that I have 5 allergies I never even knew about! Ugh, gotta love Zyrtec!

Your shower sounds like it will be precious! The food looks super yummy and I really love all of the paper goods. I never get over the "eat me" tags! Oh, and that dress...so cute!

I've seen aqua and red together and it really pops. Good choice!

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #471
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Im so sorry twin, I havent been on the boards much lately!! I love the dress you chose, how cute!! Also the invitations are so adorable, I love that it says to RSVP to the Queen of Hearts or off with your head love it!!

Hope you guys are feeling ok and doing well!!
Shannon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #472
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Expedition Everest Challenge Plans and a Bridesmaid Dress Dilemma (and solution?)!

Good morning girls!
We leave tomorrow for the Expedition Everest Challenge and I wanted to do a quick update!

Itís been a whirlwind of drama in my neck of the woods recently! As the majority of you know, I broke my foot on 4.20 when I was out for a morning run with my dad. I just got too close to the edge of the sidewalk and my foot just rolled right off. I was miserable for the first week but now am feeling a lot better. Iím in a huge walking boot. Itís a pain but better than being in a cast, I guess (even though I really wanted a cast so the characters could sign it this weekend, ).

Here's my boot! Notice how HUGE it is in comparison to my leg? We call it my Transformer Leg. [And no, I'm not wearing pants.. don't judge me!! ]

The same day I broke my foot Max had his wisdom teeth out. He was REALLY miserable. One of the teeth was horizontal () and he couldnít eat much for a week. As a result he is now extra skinny.. Jealous!

Here he is being grumpy and wearing his icepack on his head.. there's my foot pre-boot.

FINALLY, our trip for this weekend was almost cancelled because we found out yesterday that my 92 year old grandma is in heart failure. Sheís on medication and the DRs told us we could go this weekendÖ Max is going to check on her multiple times a day.

Whew! Now that all of that is over, letís move on to the fun stuff!

Trip Plans!
Friday: we are leaving early tomorrow morning and are going to pick up our race packets. **Iíve decided that Iím going to walk the 5k.** I wasnít going to do it at all but I want my medal! My mom was going to take my place and just give me her medal but that feels like cheating Iím disappointed I canít do the obstacles or actually run but Iíll take what I can get!

After packet pick-up, weíre going to try to check into AKL- Jambo! From there, itís off to DHS! We will spend the rest of the day there. We have a dinner ADR at the Brown Derby. Has anyone eaten there?

After the Brown Derby, we are going to the Boardwalk to check out Jellyrolls and ADH for the wedding! Trying to decide where we should have our after party!

Saturday: RACE DAY! Actually, we have ALL day before the race as it doesnít start till like 9pm. Iím going to be pooped!

We are going to MK till the early afternoon, then probably hitting the pool at Jambo, taking a nap, eating something light, and heading over to AK around 7:30ish for the race!

Before I decided to go break my foot ( ) Pookie and I had really elaborate costumes planned. BUT, then when we thought I couldnít go, he and my mom were just going to wear the official race shirts. BORING. I decided yesterday that I was going to walk it and we scurried to make shirts. Nothing too exciting but better than nothing! I got a little messy with my application but I figure itís dark and no one will see.

Pookie was very upset about the glitter

After the race AK is open till 2 or 3am. Weíll probably ride Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids, and EE then head home. Iím assuming Iíll be exhausted and my foot will HATE me by then.

Sunday: Breakfast ADR at Kona Cafť. Time for some Tonga Toast! YUM!

We have no other plans for Sunday except to leave in the afternoon. I wish I could make it to the MK meet up but weíll have used up all our park tickets and honestly, I donít know if Iíll be in any condition to walk anywhere.

In wedding related newsÖ

My Bridesmaid Dress Dilemma:
I have a huge issue with asking my girls to spend a lot on a bridesmaid dress theyíll never wear again. Iíve been in too many weddings where I shelled out $300+ for dress and hair. Not happening at my wedding. I want it to be easy for my girls as I know itís already expensive for them to fly, stay at Disney, etc.

I had my heart set on this dress from Alfred Angelo until I found out that price after tax and shipping was $217.

I know my girls would pay for it but I feel bad asking. SO, it was back to the drawing board!

You ladies were so lovely giving me suggestions on the FB group. I decided to look into Mindyís suggestion of Target Bridesmaid dresses and was pleasantly surprised! They donít have much selection but they do have this:

Itís $74 after tax and shipping! Iíve read mixed reviews on it so I decided just to order one. They have a good return policy and I figured it was the only way to see how it would really look considering theyíre not sold in stores. Iíll keep you all updated!

In the meantime, my mom and I are going to look at Davidís Bridal again (really not a fan but I guess itís worth a shot!) and find a retailer that has Pretty Maid dresses.

In my last bits of newsÖ.
1. Iím starting my DIYs! I think Iím going to start working on our newsletter today and go from there.

2. We are printing our shower invites and wedding invites next weekend! Yes, itís early but Iím determined to get as many wedding related things done before I start student teaching in August!

Thanks for reading along ladies!!

Last edited by MrsDuck; 03-01-2014 at 02:26 PM.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #473
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

I'm so sorry about your foot but I'm glad you decided to walk the race! I hope you still have a great weekend and if you're approached by a random girl with curly blonde hair don't be freaked out because that will probably be me! Lol.

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #474
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

Yucky, so sorry about your foot. And breaking your foot on the same day as Max getting his teeth pulled....geez. AND IBS and twisted colon.... Lol....bright side: you know what's wrong and you can get help. I am glad you guys are feeling better too.

I think the Target dresses will be very nice, and for $74 you can't beat it. I LOVE Target, amd I have a ton of clothes from them that are pretty nice. Let us know how you like it. And you are so sweet for helping out your girls by keeping the price low.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #475
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Faith,

Glad you are done with school! FAU, right? I almost transferred there, but decided to slog it out in the cold of Chicago. Good luck with the student teaching. Good news that your assignment is close.

Love the pic of you and Max! Classic!

Good luck with the race. Hope it's not too hard on the foot. Have a fabulous trip.

I like the Target dress. I am curious to see what you think of it when you get it. Fingers crossed that it works out for you. That is very considerate of you to be so concerned about the cost.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #476
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

I am glad that you have decided to do your race, even if you can only walk it. It will still be a lot of fun, I'm sure.

I am also interested in how the Target dresses look in person. I saw Mindy's post about them and checked them out. They didn't have anything that would work for my wedding, yet. But, hopefully, if this takes off for them they will add more colors!! I really do like the picture of the dress you posted, looks very similar to the AA one
Old 05-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #477
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

I'm glad u are still doing the race... It wouldn't be the same without u! sorry about your grandma can't wait to see all your DIY projects!
Old 05-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #478
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Look at you, still running the race! Good for you. I'll also keep your grandma in my prayers.

Annnnddd I really hope that bridesmaid dress looks nice in person. The cost is good, and I think it's really pretty!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #479
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

Good luck with the race, Faith! Just be careful, and don't over-do yourself. We want you heal, too.
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #480
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

very cool that you are deciding to do the race however I do agree with some people that you really need to not over do it or the bones won't heal right. If they don't heal right you run the risk of having constant pain when running or a nagging pain for the rest of your life !! Which I would not want from you so just listen to your body.

The shirts are cool I am jealous of all your marathons. I want to do one.

I know how you feel on bridesmaids dresses which is why my girls are just finding a black dress that they like. I like the target dress and I am sure you will get this all figured out.

want to do my DIYs? I need some prayers since my wedding is 59 days away and I have so much to do!

Love you girl have an awesome weekend

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: