Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #451
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

I'm so glad you chose your wedding party! I'm a firm believer in the more the merrier (within reason) when it comes to this as long as you've carefully chosen the people. They will make your wedding day that much more special!

Yay for Expedition Everest Challenge! I've been doing a Couch to 5k program that worked like a charm so I am so ready to go! Our team name is something like "H.O.T. Princesses." (we don't think we're hot, H.O.T. stands for Houswives of Tallahassee, lol) Maybe I'll see you there.

That's so exciting that you're about to start your student teaching! I did mine at Cypress Bay High School in Weston and it was absolutely the best educational experience of my college career. Nothing like basically being a full time teacher with no pay! Lol. But seriously, I hope you love it!

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #452
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

So I am sorry for not posting as much lately. I went back and re-read some stuff. I tend to miss things. Anywho...Your second hair trial was WAY better. You look great, they did a nice job. That race with the tutus...hahaha wow...you girls are too funny. And Snow White was looking a little different than usual. Hmmmm

Each and every one of those flower pics is gorgeous, it's hard to choose one really. I can't decide between them. Those colors are soooo pretty.

Well, sorry again for being kinda MIA but glad to see everything going well. Be back sooon! xoxo.

Last edited by CourtenayB; 04-18-2012 at 09:41 AM.
CourtenayB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #453
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

That's great that u decided on wedding party! I think it will make it a bit more fun YAY for almost being done school!! It will feel like a load of bricks lifted off your shoulders... Can't wait to see your DIY projects!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #454
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

Hi I think this is the first time posting on here but I've been following along! Loved the pics of the bridal party! Can't wait to read more!

(Me) (DH) (DD 3)

Childhood Trips 1987-2008 <Original Port Orleans, All Star Sports, Pop Century>
Married on Disney Boardwalk June 2010 <POFQ>
Babymoon Trip Dec 2010 <Pop Century>
First trip as family of 3 April 2013 <PORS>
5th Anniversary Trip Sept 2015 <BLT>
Boston Disney Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #455
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Bridal Shower Plans and Random Bits of Wedding Updates!

Hey ladies!
It feels like it’s been forever since I’ve updated my PJ! But, I’m back with a mini-update!

We have bridal shower plans, people!

My beautiful MOH, Liz, and my mom are planning my bridal shower! I know your mom isn’t supposed to help but my mom was really excited and I like for her to be involved so we threw tradition to the wind!

They are throwing me an Alice in Wonderland themed shower!! I’m so excited! The date will be August 4th so I won’t have to worry about it during the school year.

My only requirement was that it be brunch. I freakin’ LOVE breakfast food and jump at any excuse to have it! So, a menu was settled on:

Juice
Orange and Cranberry

Bakery
Breakfast Breads, Croissants, Pastries and Bagels
Sweet Butter, Cream Cheese and Preserves

Seasonal Fruits
Sliced Melons and Berries

From Silver Chafing Dishes
French Toast with Warm Pecan Maple Syrup
Farm Fresh Scrambled Eggs
Smoked Bacon
Breakfast Sausage Links
Red Bliss Breakfast Potatoes
Westchester Selection of Coffee and Tea

The shower is at the country club and the food is pretty tasty. I’m already pumped about that French toast! MMM!!

My MOH, Liz, is a busy girl (finishing up her BS this May then off to get her PhD in the Fall) so she doesn’t have much time to do much planning as we get closer to the date. She and my mom have been super productive and already ordered my invites and a few other paper goods. They’ve already started collecting centerpiece items too! I’m telling you, they’re quite impressive!

Here are the paper goods. Aren’t they ADORABLE?! I’m obsessed!!:

Since we are now officially doing the Alice theme, I bought myself an Alice inspired dress today. It was only $48 from Nordstrom!:

I’m so so excited for the shower! I know these next few months are going to fly by. I can’t believe it’s almost May!

More random bits of wedding news:
-My girls have made some hair decisions! So far, 2 out of 4 girls are getting their hair done by Beaute Speciale. My mom is also getting her hair done. Can’t wait to see how extra gorgeous everyone looks!

-After finals I’m going to start my DIY projects! Hooray!

-We’re pretty sure we’re going to add red to our color scheme. We just love how fresh and modern aqua and red look together! I promise it’s prettier than you think—go Google! When we make a final decision I’ll be sure to update!

And finally, Pookie and I are running the Expedition Everest Challenge May 5th! We’re working on matching t-shirts and finalizing our plans. I will post when we get a bit closer to the day!

Thanks for reading along girls!

Last edited by MrsDuck; 04-01-2014 at 02:47 PM.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #456
DisneyEverAfter
Can't wait to marry my prince charming!

I can definitely relate to the severe allergies (allergic to dust, every kind of flower, grass, & trees--spring is NOT my friend!) & also the IBS =\ IBS definitely sucks.... Both DF & I have forms of it (along with his whole family actually!) We can relate...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Your shower invites! They are so friggin' adorable! I didn't have a bridal shower (since our wedding is more like an extended elopement) I kinda wanna steal these invites for a potential baby shower in the future

Love that dress too! Royal blue is one of my fav colors :D Can't wait to read about your DIY projects G'luck with finals!
DisneyEverAfter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #457
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

oooft sorry to hear about the health issues! had my wisdom teeth out a few years ago and it was a doozy. My parents even came to take care of me. (pre DF) Big hugs to Max! I'm sure you'll be a great nurse.

I LOOOOVE your bridal shower ideas! That dress is going to match perfectly and those invites are to die for! So stinkin cute!

Glad you're almost done with finals, you can pull through I know it!

And I say totally add the red. The colors are totally fresh and modern and will go great together. You've got great plans and it's getting all firmed up!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #458
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Faith,

Sorry about the allergies. That stinks. Hope you feel better soon.

Good luck with finishing up school. You must be relieved to be getting to the end.

Best of luck to Max on the wisdom teeth. I hope they give him good drugs.

Love the shower theme and the invite is amazing!!! Can't wait to see more. I drove by Westchester so many times when I lived at Quail Ridge, but never been inside. I have heard great things though.

Good luck finishing up all your school work!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #459
luvs2cruise
Mouseketeer

Faith, I have been a lurker reading your PJ for some time. All of your plans sound great. I love your Alice themed bridal shower...cute, cute, cute!!!
luvs2cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #460
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Hey! Your shower looks adorable! I LOVE those invites! And the dress! And I've never heard that your mom isn't supposed to throw you a shower..my mom and my matron of honor through mine at Disney and my parents paid for it! I can't wait to see more!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #461
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Yay for being almost done with school, you must be so excited for the break. I can't wait to see the DIYs you make.

Sorry to hear about the medical issues. I hope your allergies chill out and you DF's wisdom teeth removal isn't too rough.

I LOVE the invites and the Alice in Wonderland theme. I can't wait to see how it turns out. So cute! That dress is adorable.

I had to google red and aqua because I just couldn't picture it but it looks really nice together. The red is a nice pop. I think it will look pretty.

Good luck with the exams!

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #462
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE INVITES!!!! Cute dress also The food sounds delicious, HHhhmmmm! Sorry about the your allergies but you are right, at least its not cats & dogs! That would totally suck..
Old 04-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #463
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

Ugh Allergies...NO FUN! However, your shower invites are TOO CUTE and so is your dress!

I always think that Alice tea parties look like so much fun!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #464
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

•Coincidentally, my sister-in-law is getting her wisdom teeth out today too. I hope Max has a speedy recovery. Luckily, it is a pretty easy surgery.

•I hope you can control / recover from some of your health issues too! It's no fun feeling icky.

•Good luck with the rest of your semester--You'll kick butt.

•Love the shower invites and dress. Those breakfast foods sound SO yummy. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

•I am rather fond of red and aqua together, good choice!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL December 2004 - DLR: Offsite December 2005 - DLR: Offsite August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010 - WDW: POP Century November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #465
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

I hope your finals go well, missy! You're almost done: hang in there! I'm also glad your allergy isn't worse or food-related.

Your bridal shower invite is GORGEOUS though! I am in lurvvvee with it.

The dress is also darling. Your shower is going to be so much fun!!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: