Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #436
DisneyBrideCKB
Mouseketeer

YAY for updates! Been spending some time catching up on your PJ!

I like the teal and coral together, I think they are beautiful colors, but I understand wanting to keep it just teal. I think it will be gorgeous and you'll be happier in the long run because those colors are more timeless.

As for wedding parties, when DF and I started this wedding planning journey my preference was no more than 4 people on either side. I thought this logistically was a good number. Practically, however, it was impossible. You know how it goes, ask this person, gotta ask that one too. Anyway, in the end we wound up with uneven numbers. I have 7 he has 6. While that number is WAY bigger than I was hoping for, and therefore I am incurring more costs, someone much wiser than me put it this way:
These are the people that are standing up for you at your wedding. They will be the people you run to when you fall on tough times, and they are the ones that will hold youup, give you advice, and put you back on the right path.
Thinking about that changed my view point and I care much less about the number and the unevenness, and more about the people that thought enough of my and my DF to stand up for us. I'm truly honored to have so many people willing to do that for me.
Maybe that helps. If you have people willing to stand up for you, I say the drama is worth it, and the more the merrier!
And finally the cake.... I LOVE the idea of changing the coral to silver. I think that would be uh-AWESOME!
Can't wait to see pics!

Kathryn & Charles PJ!
October 6th, 2012
WDW, WP / GF
DisneyBrideCKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #437
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Mini Updates-- Hair/Makeup, Our Registries, the Bridal Party, and a Schedule! + More!

Hello my lovely ladies!

I feel like it's been forever since I've updated! Honestly, not much is happening around here other than school (boo!) BUT I do have a few updates I'd like to share with ya'll!

First up:
I booked Beaute Speciale for hair and makeup for me! After my amazing trial I had to have Jessica T. do my hair! I also decided to do the airbrush makeup. I'm never fully satisfied with my foundation and figured the airbrush was worth it!

My only issue is that I want to do my eyes myself. I have years of experience with makeup artistry and really am controlling with my makeup . I am going to see if I can just pay for the airbrush-- I asked but Veronica kind of avoided my question? Or maybe she didn't see it? Either way, I'll be asking!

I also booked my mom for her hair but she may get her makeup done as well.

Since we added a bridal party (see below!) the girls can add on hair and makeup if they want to. I've already emailed them about it and have only heard back from one of them...

Next:
We registered! It was an EPIC process. Since we don't live together we don't have anything. It was SO much fun to register but at the end of the day we were pooped!

We registered at Macy's and Target. We didn't register for china; we're hoping that our guests can find something affordable on the list for them! We tried to register for things in all different price ranges!

Third:
We decided on having a bridal party!! I'm looking forward to spending time with these people. They are by-far the most special in our lives. Here's a brief intro to each of them:
*Liz-- MOH*

Lizzy is a Disney freak like us. She also loves Harry Potter, Star Wars, Hunger Games, baking, and relaxing. We've been best friends since 10th grade and are pretty much twins!

*Kylie and Jamie-- Bridesmaids*

These are my twin cousins who are more like sisters to me than anything. Love them so much!

*Caitrin-- Bridesmaid*

Cait is one of my good friends and Max's sister! We've been friends since we were 11! We don't get to see each other often but she makes me laugh like no other! We always have so much fun together!

*Patrick-- Best Man*

Patrick is Max's brother! He and his wife will be having a baby Nov. 10th! This was a super easy choice for Max.

*Steve, Ian, Mario, and Ben-- Groomsmen*

(Don't ask about that first picture, lol! And, the girl pictured is Ben's girlfriend!) Our friends from college! We have a lot of fun together!

A Tentative Day of Schedule!
I just have been chatting with my photog about the day of the wedding-- she helped me put together a timeline!

10am: hair and makeup starts!
1: photog arrives
1:30: hair and makeup ends!
3: first look and formal pictures
4:15: back to the room to freshen up and relax for a bit
4:30/4:45: time to leave! --> or whatever time Diana tells me to be ready!
5: WE GET MARRIED!
5:30: off to the Garden Grove for the reception
7-?: Boardwalk and Atlantic Dance Hall and/or Jellyrolls!

I'm sure I'll be up at 6am that morning!! I want to eat somewhere nice that morning and then get room service for lunch.

I think that's all I've got for today-- thanks for following along!

Last edited by MrsDuck; 03-01-2014 at 03:24 PM.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #438
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Congrats on selecting a wedding party, it sounds like you picked some fun people!

I'm not sure about the eye question, I'd guess that they won't give you a discount for doing your own eyes.

your timeline sounds good. Leave lots of extra time if you can, we thought we had a ton of time and ended up running late. The more time the better!

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #439
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Faith,

What a lovely bridal party, I hope they give you lots of help and no stress!

Good luck with the last weeks of college. Can't wait to see your DIY projects over the summer.

Yay for registering! I hope you get some good stuff.

I like the timeline. That's what I am trying to work on before our Planning Session in 4 weeks.

Good luck with the training!

Have a great weekend.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:00 AM   #440
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Aww what a sweet bridal party!!!
Have you made any decisions about your floral? Are you sticking with all white?

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #441
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

•Love the bridal party pictures, especially the guys, haha!
•If you want to do your own eyes for wedding day, I say do it! However, like Jilian said, I don't think they'll give a discount. On the morning of my wedding, my mommy came over to our getting-ready room and asked one of the Beaute Speciale beauticians if she could help pin up her hair on one side. My mother has pretty short hair and just wanted like a little comb put in and BS said it would be an additional $70. Umm, no thank you!
•Good luck with the end of school!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL December 2004 - DLR: Offsite December 2005 - DLR: Offsite August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010 - WDW: POP Century November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:52 AM   #442
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

Picking the bridal party is one of the hardest parts, so yea! for getting it done! I say, if you want to do your own eye makeup, do it. You want to look the way YOU want to look, and so what if they don't give any discount, really. It's probably a small price to pay for the peace of mind.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #443
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

-I think Jessica T. might have been who I had! Well, I had two Jessicas working on me. What does she look like? Dark hair and tanned skin? Regardless, YAY Beaute Speciale!!

-I hope you have better luck with your registry than I did. We got, like, nothing from it!

-Your bridal party is adorable. (I lol-ed at the picture of the guys' heads on the pillow.)

-And I'm impressed/proud of your Everest challenge. Go you!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #444
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Congrats on selecting a wedding party, it sounds like you picked some fun people!

I'm not sure about the eye question, I'd guess that they won't give you a discount for doing your own eyes.

your timeline sounds good. Leave lots of extra time if you can, we thought we had a ton of time and ended up running late. The more time the better!
Thanks Jilian! I'm thinking there will be no discount for the eyes but I guess that's okay! Glad my timeline looks pretty good given your experience!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethieTink View Post
Faith,

What a lovely bridal party, I hope they give you lots of help and no stress!

Good luck with the last weeks of college. Can't wait to see your DIY projects over the summer.

Yay for registering! I hope you get some good stuff.

I like the timeline. That's what I am trying to work on before our Planning Session in 4 weeks.

Good luck with the training!

Have a great weekend.
Oh goodness, I hope they are helpful and not stressful too!

Thanks so much! I can't wait to get started on my DIY stuff- it's all I can think about!

Can't wait to hear about your PS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Aww what a sweet bridal party!!!
Have you made any decisions about your floral? Are you sticking with all white?
I have no idea what the heck I'm doing with the floral. I *think* I'm sticking with the all white but my planner told me not to make any decisions yet! Probably good advice for indecisive brides like myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
•Love the bridal party pictures, especially the guys, haha!
•If you want to do your own eyes for wedding day, I say do it! However, like Jilian said, I don't think they'll give a discount. On the morning of my wedding, my mommy came over to our getting-ready room and asked one of the Beaute Speciale beauticians if she could help pin up her hair on one side. My mother has pretty short hair and just wanted like a little comb put in and BS said it would be an additional $70. Umm, no thank you!
•Good luck with the end of school!
Geez, $70!! They sure are pricey! I think I may do my own eyes regardless. I really just want the airbrush. I guess I'll just eat the rest of the money for peace of mind!

Thanks so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvvwl View Post
Picking the bridal party is one of the hardest parts, so yea! for getting it done! I say, if you want to do your own eye makeup, do it. You want to look the way YOU want to look, and so what if they don't give any discount, really. It's probably a small price to pay for the peace of mind.
Thank you! Your post encouraged me to just do my own eyes regardless! I appreciate it!!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #445
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
-I think Jessica T. might have been who I had! Well, I had two Jessicas working on me. What does she look like? Dark hair and tanned skin? Regardless, YAY Beaute Speciale!!

-I hope you have better luck with your registry than I did. We got, like, nothing from it!

-Your bridal party is adorable. (I lol-ed at the picture of the guys' heads on the pillow.)

-And I'm impressed/proud of your Everest challenge. Go you!
Yes! That sounds just like Jessica! Apparently there are two Jessicas so it sounds like you got the double whammy of Jessicas!

You guys didn't get much off your registry? UGH, that's what I'm worried about! It was such a hassle to register-- I hope we get a few things!

LOL- our friends are nuts. No controlling them and there are certainly no explanations for our photos..

Thanks love!!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #446
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Congrats on school! And your practicum, that's such a huge step

I'm going with Beaute Speciale as well, I think you can't go wrong with them! Especially since you had such a great hair trial, they are going to be excellent! If you want to do your own eyes, I say go for it. I agree that they will likely charge you the same price but it sounds like it would be worth it to you.

Yay on your wedding party selections! I'm sure everyone felt very honored to be included!

Your timeline looks really good (I made some notes!) I still haven't firmed mine up yet, so you're way ahead of me!

Go team dogbone! How about two matching shirts like this?

Pink dogbone

or

Blue dogbones
Old 04-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #447
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Good luck with the rest of school
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #448
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

Very happy you decided to add the bridal party. You will be so happy with such great friends by your side.

That cardboard cut-out picture in the bed is HILARIOUS and now I am even more sure you will be super happy to have them along for the ride. So funny.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #449
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Awesome bridal party! They sound like so much fun. And I had fun registering too - though Jason expressed absolutely no interest in it so I picked out everything myself and just let him approve it!

Good luck with student teaching! I know it's tiring but it sounds like you're going to be a really great teacher
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #450
TabZ
DFTW Bride October 2014!!

Fab updat Faith :D

Love your bridal party, you look like your going to have such a ball with them helping you through your big day!

I'm hoping to book Beaute as well, only heard good things about them, and will probably go airbrush as well so can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Good luck with the last 5 weeks of school, bring on those summer holidays!! xx

November 2002 - DLC - offsite, April 2005 - WDW - offsite, October 2005 - DLRP - offsite, October 2008 - DLRP - offsite,
July 2011 - WDW - POR, October 2011 - DLRP - Dream Castle Hotel ENGAGED!!! November 2013 - WDW - CSR & Disney Dream

Planning our Disney Fairytale Wedding 21st October, 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2847299 Wedding PJ
TabZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: