Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #391
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Love the costumes!

Love the cat in the tutu, so cute... but I have to mention your Princess Peach tutu - it's awesome. I'm a big Super Mario geek.

Saw the pic of you and your mum on FB, congratulations! xxx
Old 02-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #392
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Princess Marathon TR, Part 1!

Happy Monday, everyone!

So, everyone needs to stop what they're doing right now and sign up for a Disney race. Not kidding. They are AMAZING!

We had such a fun trip and the 5k was a blast! Without blabbering on, I'll just jump right into the TR!

Friday:
We left the house around 8:30 and got to WDW at 10:30ish! We went straight over to the Expo because I heard that it is always crazy busy and packed!

They had fun backdrops to take pictures in front of:

The Expo was NUTS! There were TONS of vendors selling running gear, nutritional stuff, etc. And, there were a ton of people there too! We picked up our packets and started shopping!

While we were there we tried about every type of "power bar" on the market (and also got a ton of samples!) as well as Cliff Shots which are just sugar and water. They're meant to give you some energy as you're running. I could just DRINK that stuff! So yummy!

The Bippity Boppity Boutique was there sprinkling us with Pixie Dust! You can see a bit on my shoulder but we were COVERED!

Jeff Galloway :

Cindy's slipper was there!:

I wound up picking up an official 2012 Disney Princess Marathon Bondi Band (help to keep the hair out of your face!) and Zensah compression socks. I get really bad shin splints when I run and these things were highly recommended!

My sweet Pookie (what we call my dad) got a custom made shirt that said Train Like a Beast! My dad played football his whole life and was on his way to playing professionally before he had a terrible accident on the field and broke his back. He hits the gym almost everyday and tries his best to work through the pain!

After the Expo we headed over to AKL Kidani to check in! We decided we're never staying at Kidani again. We ALWAYS are at the far end of one of the wings, have to walk FOREVER, and just miss being close to the food, bars, etc. Jambo House it is!

We unpacked all of our gear:

We settled into the room and went downstairs to fix our ADRs. We decided to eat at Boatwright's for Friday night and make an ADR at Chefs de France for lunch on Saturday! We managed to get an ADR at Le Cellier but cancelled it because we knew we'd be stuffed from Chefs de France!

After a quick nap we headed over to Boatwrights at POR. HOLY CRAP-- I loved this restaurant!! So yummy and I loved the theming! We spent a lot of time walking around the resort before heading back to AKL.

I chatted with Max for a bit and went to bed around 8:30 because we had to be up at 4:30 the next morning!
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #393
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Princess Marathon TR, Part 2!

Saturday/Race Day!

We woke up at 4:30 to the horrible sound of Stitch's voice. Confession time: I HATE Stitch. Hated the movie, hate the ride. Not a fan. I'm SO upset that Mickey doesn't do the wake up calls anymore. So, when I went to answer the wake up call to only find Stitch yelling in my ear at 4:30am I wasn't a happy camper.

We laid out everything the day before so we jumped up (okay, more like rolled out..) and put our clothes on. My mom and I put on a full face of makeup because we weren't about to go run a Princess race looking like the Ugly Step Sisters!

We were out the door and down to the bus stop at 5:15. We froze our BUTTS off.

Look, Ma! Bondi Bands double as EAR MUFFS!:

Mom being cold (and sleepy):

Me being cold (anyone see my prominent vampire teeth?!):

We hopped on the bus and off we went to EPCOT! We got there and it was already PACKED. The DJ was already spinning some tunes (he was great) and we were pumped!!

I met Snow White...

We tried to figure out ways to just start at the finish line...

We eventually got rounded up into our corrals.. we put ourselves in the 11-13 minute mile. We are pretty slow! Here we are all ready to go!:

All the people in front of us:

All the people behind us:

Fireworks send off and here we go!!:

Flynn and Rapunzel were there to see us off:

We ran past a dead Back Lot Tour vehicle and a dead Jungle Tour boat:

We entered through the cast member entrance:

YAY:

YAY:

We only stopped for 2 pictures even though there were tons of characters around!:

We finished at 1 hour and 1 minute which I was furious about! We are NOT that slow and I was fuming.. race brain, ya know? Haha! We figured out, however, that if we subtracted the 20 minutes we spent waiting in line for the characters, the 3 minutes it took for us to get out of the corral, as well as 2-3 minutes for all of the bottle necking while we were in EPCOT (seriously an issue!) that we actually did improve our time!!

Mom with her bling:

Me with mine:

The box of food they gave us.. It was so disappointing.. we got ready to eat hummas, crackers, fruit snacks, a banana, trail mix, and a square of chocolate.. I wanted BAGELS!!

All cleaned up and ready to hit EPCOT!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #394
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Princess Marathon TR, Part 2 Continued and the Hair Trial!

After we got cleaned up, we went to EPCOT!

Pookie and I went to space:

We met a lady:

And I met my favorite little chef (and character), Remy!

We love eating at Chefs de France. The food is amazing, the service is great, and Remy makes me cry. Every. Time. I love him!

We met Mary:

And Alice:

They both were really interested in our bling! Alice said she should start training so she could finally catch the White Rabbit! Too cute!

We spent the rest of the day just relaxing and walking around Future World and the World Showcase. We left around 4:30 because we were pooped and my dad was in a lot of pain.

We went back to AKL and slept!! Then, we headed over to The Mara for some dinner and went to bed around 9!

Hair Trial!
After my disastrous hair trial with Madara, I booked a trial with Beaute Speciale for 8-10am Sunday Morning! Jessica was there early and she was so sweet! I absolutely loved her!

With no further ado, here are the results.. I love it!!:

Just as Jessica was finishing up we got a call from the Police Department. They told us my dad's office had been broken into (for the 4th time). My dad was devastated. We packed up frantically, sent Max to sit at the office to guard it, and called our handy man. We hit the road and were home by 1. Not the best way to end the trip but we all agree that we had a great time!

We found that the robbers took NOTHING from the office. Which is good but also super frustrating because now we have to repair a giant glass door for nothing. Poor Pookie!

So, all in all-- the 5k was amazing and we had a wonderful trip! Beaute Speciale was fantastic and I recommend Boatwrights to anyone looking for a good casual restaurant!

ALSO, Pookie and I are going to do the Expedition Everest Challenge in May!

Thanks for reading along everyone!!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #395
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Well Done
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #396
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

Your race looked like so much fun! I am dying to run a Disney race, but it will probably have to wait until after the wedding.

Your trail run for your hair is so cute!! It looks really pretty.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #397
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Great update, Faith! That race looks like so much fun, I hope I can make it out to do one some day myself : )

You and your Mom looked so adorable in those tutus! I would have been totally distracted with all the characters and Disney stuff too, what a fun way to race! And fireworks? wowser. Doesn't get much better.

Your hair looks BEAUTIFUL!! I'm using Beaute as well, so I'm really happy to see that they continue to deliver a great product. (especially since I won't be able to do a trial myself) It really looks perfect on you!! The curls in the back look amazing. Really great.

Sorry about the break in!! They are so devastating and frustrating. That really sucks.

Glad it was a great trip overall!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #398
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer

You and your mom are just so cute! The races look so fun; I know I could never run them, but maybe walking one day! Is there a time allotment?

I'm so glad the hair trial went much better this time! They did such a great job.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #399
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

I always love reading your TRs! I'm so glad the race was fun! I can't wait for the Everest Challenge, maybe I'll see you there!

I'm so sorry about the break in. That's great nothing was stollen though! In college my computer was stollen and it was awful!

For our site vist trip DF and I are staying at POR. I wasn't planning on it but maybe we'll have to check out Boatwrights since you liked it.

OH! And the hair is gorgeous! So glad you're happy with it!

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #400
NicknNancy
Mouseketeer

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I want to do one so badly! Nick is really into running and I just can't get into it. Hopefully after the wedding I have more time to train lol.

That totally sucks about your dad's office! At least everyone and everything is ok!

I LOVE your hair! It really suits you! Can't wait to see it all put together with the dress and everything!

Looking forward to reading more!
NicknNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #401
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

I LOVE the pick of u & pookie flying in space! It made me laugh u guys had an awesome time they did a great job with ur hair, I love it
Old 02-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #402
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

It looks like you had a great time! I would really love to try doing a Disney run someday. You looked adorable in your tutu!

Your hair trial looks fantastic. Much better than the last one! I love how they did your hair in the front.

And I'm with you... I am really not a fan of stitch either! I know a lot of people love him but I steer clear when I can, lol.
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #403
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Love your TR. Looks like you had so much fun!

I would love to do a race but I'm so unfit and I can't run. I fall over my own feet

I absolutely love your hair, Jessica did a great job. It really suits you.

Sorry to hear about your Dads office being broken into, thats awful. Sad that people would do that and incredible maddening.

xx
Old 02-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #404
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Faith,

Looks like you had a fabulous weekend. Love the tutus!!

Your hair turned out gorgeous!! So much better than Mandara. Love all the curls.

Sorry about Dad's office, but glad nothing was taken.

Good luck with Everest race! Are you doing the Wine & Dine? That's the weekend of our VR and was curious.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #405
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

I just loved your recent TR! You and your mom are precious in those outfits.

Thanks for the info on the compression stockings, I am always wanting to find some that don't look like grandpa socks, I had never heard of that brand.

Your hair looks gorgeous! It frames your face perfectly.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: