Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #376
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Chomp Chomp!

I was there recently-- '09! I stayed for 1.5-2 years before I moved home. I just missed my parents and DFi too much!

I did get my AA from UF so I consider myself alum.. Plus, I joined the Alumni Association.. that counts, right!?

Always glad to find another Gator!
Oh, you're definitely a Gator!

And I saw your note in the post about programs...I didn't have any and no one seemed to notice!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #377
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

I was beginning to think you disappeared on us. Glad you are back! How have you been? Did you find a solution to the caramel apples or some other yummy treat? I am sure you will come up with an amazing idea. Rice krispie treats are always fun!
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #378
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Yes Thor was good, need to watch Captain America now.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #379
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Princess Marathon Weekend Plans!

Happy Fat Tuesday lovelies!

I don’t have a wedding related update today but I am here to fill you in our plans for our Disney Princess Marathon Weekend!!

I’m so pumped but nervous at the same time.. I haven’t run in awhile. Thankfully we’re only doing the 5k so we should be okay.. but still! We do the run/walk/Galloway method—love it!

So, here it is:

Friday: my mom, daddy, and I are leaving first thing in the morning! It will take us about 2.5 hours to get to the Happiest Place on Earth!
As soon as we arrive, we’re hitting the race expo! I’m so so so excited to see all of the merchandise here and just get HYPE about the race!

We don’t have anything else planned as I know how crazy and time consuming the race expos can be. So, after we’re done shopping (my poor pookie will have to find something to do while my mom and I break the bank…) we’re heading over to AK Kidani to check in! It’s one of the race resorts and we get complimentary transportation to the 5k the next morning.

We have an ADR at Boatwright’s at POR for Friday evening! We wanted to try something new and really liked this menu.. I’ll review in my mini-TR!

Saturday: 5k day!! We will be getting up probably around 4:30 or 5am to get ready and catch the bus to EPCOT. I’m so excited!

The Princess Marathon is a BIG deal in terms of costumes, or so I’ve heard. Apparently, the majority of women DO dress up for the races! We decided we’d keep it simple and wear tutus.

Faith Fact: I danced from age 4-18 so I have a TON of dance costumes (saving them for my own dress up purposes and for a possible little baby girl!). We dragged those out from under my bed and went to town!

At first we thought we’d wear full on costumes (totally kidding—this was never a possibility but we wanted to try them on and be silly)

Here’s mom being Belle:

And, here I am as Princess Peach (not a dance costume):

Together!:

Pretty, huh?

Then we decided we’d keep it simple and just wear tutus…

Belle:

Rapunzel:

Oh, and here’s the cat.. she’s not running but she wanted to wear a tutu too.. :

We’ll be wearing shorts and running attire but I’m so thrilled to be wearing this tutu too!

Back to the plans:
We’ll run/walk/crawl the race, I’ll update Facebook (holla!) and text my twin/fellow marathon love Shannon.

After, we’ll head back to AKL Kidani to get cleaned up before we hit the parks!! We aren’t sure which one to go to yet.. we know we’re going to skip MK since Max and I were just there but haven’t narrowed down the decision any further.

We have an ADR at 5:30 at Jiko so we’ll either leave the park and go back later or just cancel the reservation sometime this week in case we’re worried about park time!

Sunday: Up early for a hair trial with Beaute Speciale! They’re coming from 8-10am to make me look beautiful, dahling! Let’s hope they can!

I’m using the same hair inspiration picture from before and crossing my fingers it turns out the way I’m hoping.

After, we’ll check out (so sad!) and grab lunch at Mimi’s Café (off-property) before heading home. We LOVE Mimi’s Café. There are none around us so we always stop by when we’re in Orlando!

I appreciate any pixie dust you can send our way for the 5k!

Also, I need MAJOR pixie dust for my Modern Middle East midterm on Thursday! I’m freaking out yet can’t bring myself to study… bad!

Thanks for reading along everyone! I’ll post a mini-TR upon our return!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #380
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer

-So glad it's not just me with all the old dance costumes! And hey, I have that same shirt from Threadless!

-I love the expression on your cat's face

-Mmm...Mimi's Cafe. I miss them! Have a carrot muffin for me?

-Good luck and sending lots and lots of pixie dust! You're a smart cookie and you're going to do just fine!
Old 02-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #381
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Oh, I can't wait to see the results of your hair trial! I'm supremely jealous that you are local and get the dry run

You are going to do SO great at the 5K! It's so cool that you and your Mom get the chance to do that together. And having all of those awesome dance outfits to chose from, NICE! I just started training for my own that I will be running in April, but there is no dress up. You've inspired me though, maybe I'll just show up in my own tutu
Old 02-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #382
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer

I love the costumes! I was a dancer, too (age 2-18)! Have fun at the marathon and your hair trial!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #383
Jilian
DIS Veteran

OMG, I'm dying over the princess kitty picture!

You and your mom are so cute! I think you'll look adorable with your tutus running. Have fun together.

Yay for AK, I love it there now. It is my new fave place, so relaxing.

Good luck on your midterm, I'm sure you'll rock it.

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #384
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Love the costumes! People definitely dress up to race! You'll see everything from full out costumes, to just plain running clothes. I'm so jealous you're going to be wearing tutus!!! I want to wear one so badly, but the friend I'm running with won't wear one. It was pulling teeth to get her to wear a tiara! Maybe I'll see you there!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:59 AM   #385
jessiegirl84
Mouseketeer

Good luck for your race!! I hope it goes well. Your costumes are so cute, especially love the one of your kitty with the tutu thats definitely something I would do to my cats hehe.

I hope your hair trial goes really well! Your so lucky that you don't live that far from the happiest place on earth

Jess & Dave - 2 Aussies engaged and married in the most magical place on earth!
jessiegirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:02 AM   #386
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Sending lots of pixie dust your way
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #387
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Yay! I've missed your updates, Faith! You and your mom look adorable in your tutus. :D

Sending you MAJOR pixie dust.

Are you going to get one of the new princess dooneys at the expo? If so, I am majorly jealous!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #388
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh wear the full costumes!!!

and bring kitty in the tutu

I love that you ladies are wearing tutus for the race..I have always wanted to dress up for a race but haven't followed through with it!!

You are going to have so much fun, take pictures, I cant wait to see it!!

Ps we have a mimi's cafe right around the corner from my condo...come visit Ill take you
Shannon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #389
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Kitty in a tutu is the best ever!

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #390
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

I love your tutus!!! I hope you have a great trip! I JUST signed up for the Everest Challenge with a friend. That'll be my first race ever so let me know how it is! Can't wait to hear about the hair trial, too!

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: