Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #361
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran
 
MrsDrewsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 747

Great update!

I would definitely make the hoodie and shirts. You and the other ladies could always wear them to the parks, and it's always fun to wear things like that around the house or as a pajama top.
__________________
MrsDrewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #362
Shannon84
DIS Veteran
 
Shannon84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Richmond, VA (from western MA originally)
Posts: 1,988

First of all I forgot to comment after reading last time, you and your momma look great and I am so proud of you ladies for doing the 5k!! I can't wait to hear about the next race

I LOVE your DIY ideas...the Thank You sign is super cute!

If you dont think its worth making the sweater if they wont wear it again...perhaps you can find a cute alternative that maybe goes with your coral or teal wedding colors or something for them to get ready in? I dunno just an idea

I LOVE the idea of the apples because I think those are incredible looking...but my only word of advice would be if it sounds too difficult to pull off dont do it because you wont need the added stress the week leading to your wedding Plus the M&Ms are super cute...and TONS of colors to choose from!!

I can't see the soulmate shirts pic its a sad red X

I say yes to the Menu card...for the drink reason like you mentioned
Shannon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #363
Jilian
DIS Veteran
 
Jilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,255

What a cute idea with the thank you sign.

I get what you mean about the zip up hoodies. If you're torn on whether to do them for others maybe do something that can be worn again like mickey ear rhinestones on a zip up hoodie? I just ordered one from etsy of minnie with a tiara.

I've seen the mickey confetti on etsy too. Etsy is a gold mine, seriously!

I like all of your DIY projects. I'd be worried about the apples transporting well, etc. We were in DHS this weekend and saw those exact apples on Sunset Blvd by the villian store (or maybe it was the villian store?) on the left. They looked awesome! I think they were $8.95 each or so. So if you reallllly want them, and don't want the hassle of making them and transporting them maybe you could send someone over the day before to buy them in bulk? They had a few others that looked great too. They had so many amazing treats there, DS and I got a few.

I can't wait to see how all of your DIYs come out.
__________________



Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #364
belle2211
DIS Veteran
 
belle2211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Right behind the Magic Kingdom
Posts: 1,919

So I just read another PJ where you posted that you are a Gator alum! When did you go there? I graduated 10 years ago (wow! I didn't realize how long ago it was til I just typed that) and am a die-hard Gator!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #365
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 542

I poured my heart out in the newsletters i created & my guest STILL ask me questions that were answered on them!
Im ALL about the glitter but i think ur planner is right, they will plucking them out of u 4 hrs!
Those mickey apples looks DELICIOUS! they get my vote u r going 2 have 1 busy summer
__________________
virtuous girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #366
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran
 
princess_ariel_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Derbyshire. UK
Posts: 1,716

Wow, those are some really cool DIY projects you've got lined up there.

The thank you signs cute and the mickey apples are fab, you should deff make them lol

you're going to be one very busy bride!! xx
__________________

Last edited by princess_ariel_85; 02-09-2012 at 04:57 PM.
princess_ariel_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #367
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Posts: 304

Yum!

I have to say that I LOVE the caramel apples! How adorable. Logistically I think they are going to be pretty difficult though. Have you ever made caramel apples or the like? I have made and decorated them a few times (I am a baker and cook and am constantly in the kitchen) and it's tough. Making them might not take too long but decorating them will take very long...I don't want to discourage you I just want to give you advice so you know what you're getting into. Also, they don't last that long, maybe a few days. So you would have to make them last minute and use them asap. I made some apples with decorations and they lasted about three days before they started to get gross and taste weird and the candy started coming off. If you don't coat them with caramel then they will last longer. I hope this helps and I am sure whatever you decide it will be great.
__________________
CourtenayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #368
librarygeek
DIS Veteran
 
librarygeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,865

Wow, lots of updates, I love it! I think you should make the shirts for your MOH and whoever else, as long as you can get the materials for cheap. I did tank tops I thought they might not like them but they had a lot of fun wearing them for the bachelorette party.

The apples are adorable favors, but I feel like they would be such a huge pain in the butt to make and keep fresh and nice!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #369
Zarabear
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 159

Just joining in, and thanks for accepting my out of the blue friend request on FB! I wanted to see more pictures!

I love reading along on all the planning. My husband and I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage this year and I'm hitting my 30th birthday! We were married on the 3rd anniversary of our 1st date, (and a year to the day after he proposed!) I love it when things work out like that.

Can't wait to read more and to see it all come together in time for a picture perfect happily ever after for you two!


~Zara
(Rachal)
Zarabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #370
KelcieGrace
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8

:)

I just read through your PJ. Can't wait to keep reading.
KelcieGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #371
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer
 
tinydancr06's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 417

Hi! I finally finished reading your pj! Your plans look awesome so far and I have to say your engagement photos are precious and I love the safari dress. I love your DIY ideas, too! That's so funny that you go to FAU, I was just there the other day! Excited to follow along until your big day!
__________________
"But if I know you, I know what you'll do. You'll love me at once the way you did once upon a dream."

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!




tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #372
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW
 
Chilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 13,578

I watched Thor the other week as well.

I'd say yes to menu's and no to programmes as they just get binned.

I think the Moms might like hoodie's though, maybe not white so they are more practical, you need to find them in teal and coral!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #373
dreamsdidcometrue
Mouseketeer
 
dreamsdidcometrue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 109

I just spent the morning reading your PJ and loved it I am sick in bed with the flu so I needed something to distract me from my pounding head, which you did with great spunk All your summer plans for DYI's sound great! I def think the caramel apples sound the best but I do understand your concern for storing them. Maybe you could ask your planner for suggestions? Maybe she has a place to store them for you?
__________________
A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep



My PJ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2856391
dreamsdidcometrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #374
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran
 
NoOrdinaryPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,409

Just read through your entire PJ! Everything looks great!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #375
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran
 
MrsDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 147 miles from WDW
Posts: 5,219

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourgypsy View Post
You're gonna be one very busy girl this summer!

Even though it means a bit more work, I think your mom and MoH will love them. I know Vicky's super excited to wear her MoH shirt at Disney. (That reminds, I need to convo the girl from Etsy )

Love, love, love the card box! It's gonna look super adorable in your colors

I'm not sure how the temperatures are in December there, but I feel like the caramel apples, you'd have to worry about melt-age in addition to transportation. Unless you have some big coolers? And when would you give them out? The baker in me is trying to come up with some useful ideas for you!

What are you thinking of doing for the door hanger? I'm super curious, but tend to not be very crafty

We're doing the same thing for Doug's hat. Thanks for the reminder

A whole weekend away from the DIS AND tumblr means a very long (but fun!) day in front of the computer today!
Thank you! I think I will make the jackets for them as I'm sure they'd like them even if they never wear them again!

Yeaaah, I'm trying so hard to make the apples work but I don't think they're going to.

I have no clue about the door hanger yet! I'll keep you updated!


Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahb01 View Post
I love all of your DIY plans! I love the apples, but I can see how they would be difficult to transport and "keep". Maybe you could use them for a shower if you are having one?
I will definitely try them for the shower-- that's a great idea! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
Great update!

I would definitely make the hoodie and shirts. You and the other ladies could always wear them to the parks, and it's always fun to wear things like that around the house or as a pajama top.
That's a good point! I think I'll make them! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
First of all I forgot to comment after reading last time, you and your momma look great and I am so proud of you ladies for doing the 5k!! I can't wait to hear about the next race

I LOVE your DIY ideas...the Thank You sign is super cute!

If you dont think its worth making the sweater if they wont wear it again...perhaps you can find a cute alternative that maybe goes with your coral or teal wedding colors or something for them to get ready in? I dunno just an idea

I LOVE the idea of the apples because I think those are incredible looking...but my only word of advice would be if it sounds too difficult to pull off dont do it because you wont need the added stress the week leading to your wedding. Plus the M&Ms are super cute...and TONS of colors to choose from!!

I can't see the soulmate shirts pic its a sad red X

I say yes to the Menu card...for the drink reason like you mentioned
Hi girlie!
An alternative to the jacket is a good idea-- maybe I'll chat with my mom and see if she has any ideas!

Ugh, I know.. the apples are too adorable to pass up but I just don't think they'll work! I think we may just do the M&Ms and call it a day!

Thanks twin!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
What a cute idea with the thank you sign.

I get what you mean about the zip up hoodies. If you're torn on whether to do them for others maybe do something that can be worn again like mickey ear rhinestones on a zip up hoodie? I just ordered one from etsy of minnie with a tiara.

I've seen the mickey confetti on etsy too. Etsy is a gold mine, seriously!

I like all of your DIY projects. I'd be worried about the apples transporting well, etc. We were in DHS this weekend and saw those exact apples on Sunset Blvd by the villian store (or maybe it was the villian store?) on the left. They looked awesome! I think they were $8.95 each or so. So if you reallllly want them, and don't want the hassle of making them and transporting them maybe you could send someone over the day before to buy them in bulk? They had a few others that looked great too. They had so many amazing treats there, DS and I got a few.

I can't wait to see how all of your DIYs come out.
Ooh, a jacket with something more re-wearable is a good idea! Thanks!

I have an Etsy addiction.. if I go on there too much I'd be broke! I need to go check out their Mickey confetti.

Having them delivered is a good idea! $8.95 is so pricey though! I'll have to run it by DFi and see what he thinks! Thanks girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
So I just read another PJ where you posted that you are a Gator alum! When did you go there? I graduated 10 years ago (wow! I didn't realize how long ago it was til I just typed that) and am a die-hard Gator!
Chomp Chomp!

I was there recently-- '09! I stayed for 1.5-2 years before I moved home. I just missed my parents and DFi too much!

I did get my AA from UF so I consider myself alum.. Plus, I joined the Alumni Association.. that counts, right!?

Always glad to find another Gator!
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
I poured my heart out in the newsletters i created & my guest STILL ask me questions that were answered on them!
Im ALL about the glitter but i think ur planner is right, they will plucking them out of u 4 hrs!
Those mickey apples looks DELICIOUS! they get my vote u r going 2 have 1 busy summer
Ugh, that's what I'm worried about but I guess it's unavoidable-- guests will still ask questions!

Yeah, we're going to skip the glitter! Thanks girl!


Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Wow, those are some really cool DIY projects you've got lined up there.

The thank you signs cute and the mickey apples are fab, you should deff make them lol

you're going to be one very busy bride!! xx
Thanks so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtenayB View Post
I have to say that I LOVE the caramel apples! How adorable. Logistically I think they are going to be pretty difficult though. Have you ever made caramel apples or the like? I have made and decorated them a few times (I am a baker and cook and am constantly in the kitchen) and it's tough. Making them might not take too long but decorating them will take very long...I don't want to discourage you I just want to give you advice so you know what you're getting into. Also, they don't last that long, maybe a few days. So you would have to make them last minute and use them asap. I made some apples with decorations and they lasted about three days before they started to get gross and taste weird and the candy started coming off. If you don't coat them with caramel then they will last longer. I hope this helps and I am sure whatever you decide it will be great.
My mom and I have made caramel apples before but not the Mickey ones. I think it would be really tough to make them, transport them, etc. We're probably going to skip it unless we find some magical solution! Thanks for your thoughts-- I appreciate it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Wow, lots of updates, I love it! I think you should make the shirts for your MOH and whoever else, as long as you can get the materials for cheap. I did tank tops I thought they might not like them but they had a lot of fun wearing them for the bachelorette party.

The apples are adorable favors, but I feel like they would be such a huge pain in the butt to make and keep fresh and nice!
Ooh, I forgot about wearing the jackets/stuff to the pre-wedding parties! Definitely makes me want to make them for sure now!

You're right- the apples are too just too difficult. UGH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarabear View Post
Just joining in, and thanks for accepting my out of the blue friend request on FB! I wanted to see more pictures!

I love reading along on all the planning. My husband and I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage this year and I'm hitting my 30th birthday! We were married on the 3rd anniversary of our 1st date, (and a year to the day after he proposed!) I love it when things work out like that.

Can't wait to read more and to see it all come together in time for a picture perfect happily ever after for you two!


~Zara
(Rachal)
Hi there! Thanks for joining in! Wow, big year for you this year-- congrats!!

Thank you so much!


Quote:
Originally Posted by KelcieGrace View Post
I just read through your PJ. Can't wait to keep reading.
Hi! Thanks for reading along!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancr06 View Post
Hi! I finally finished reading your pj! Your plans look awesome so far and I have to say your engagement photos are precious and I love the safari dress. I love your DIY ideas, too! That's so funny that you go to FAU, I was just there the other day! Excited to follow along until your big day!
Aww, thank you so much!! Glad you're here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
I watched Thor the other week as well.

I'd say yes to menu's and no to programmes as they just get binned.

I think the Moms might like hoodie's though, maybe not white so they are more practical, you need to find them in teal and coral!
I liked Thor! Did you?

That's what I'm thinking too-- the menus are useful, the programs- probably not!

And a great idea about the colored hoodies! Thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsdidcometrue View Post
I just spent the morning reading your PJ and loved it I am sick in bed with the flu so I needed something to distract me from my pounding head, which you did with great spunk All your summer plans for DYI's sound great! I def think the caramel apples sound the best but I do understand your concern for storing them. Maybe you could ask your planner for suggestions? Maybe she has a place to store them for you?
Glad my PJ could keep you company!

What a great idea about asking my planner! Thank you!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Just read through your entire PJ! Everything looks great!
Welcome and thank you!
__________________
Faith
AP. DVC. FL Res.
Our Swan and Dolphin Wedding!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: