Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #346
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You
 
Icecoldpenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,131

Faith,
Hi my dear! Sorry I have not been in touch lately I think we are both just crazy busy.

so glad you had fun with your race and I am jealous of the princess marathon.

I am planning on using beaute speciale but I don't know much about them.

I got my STD in the mail it was AWESOME!!!

ok keep in touch oh and I am so glad you got an AP psych class that is way way cool!

Teresa
__________________

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #347
Jilian
DIS Veteran
 
Jilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,255

Yay for your violinist being able to play Married Life. I'm still waiting to hear back from mine on her guitarist.

Yeah for your MOH coming home for a while. Happy shower planning, you crack me up with your ideas!

Have fun with your AP Psych, that is a fun class!

Nice work on the run! I've been slacking so much on running, I really need to get back into it. Where did you run? That looks like a place we visited in St. Pete. You and your mom are so cute together! I hope my daughter wants to hang out with me like that when she's older!
__________________



Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #348
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 486

I would LOVE to see a Hunger Games themed shower! That'd be so awesome!

I think I recall seeing on the Beaute Speciale website that they do trial runs at their salon? Double-check to be sure, but I want to say I remember reading that.

Go you and your mom for doing that 5K! And for running it! I've done one in my life, and I walked it. (Asthma and running don't mix well) But hey, the runners need people to run past to make them feel awesome, so I'm happy to play that role
__________________
yourgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #349
NicknNancy
Mouseketeer
 
NicknNancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 345

Hey Faith! That is so awesome that you and your mom run together! I keep trying to get up to 5k but I'm like you....I hate it when I am running...and so far I peaked at 2k. lol Getting there!

As for your hair trial, I am getting mine done by LeJeune and, if you are not staying on Disney property, they charge 50 bucks extra to come out there. So, as we are staying off-property for our PS, I will be going to their location.

Hope this helps! Good luck on the Princess run!
NicknNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #350
belle2211
DIS Veteran
 
belle2211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Right behind the Magic Kingdom
Posts: 1,919

That's so great about the 5k! I'm like you...I HATE running! With a passion! I've been doing it for about a year (sporadically) but I still hate it. I love the races though! I've done 4 Disney, 2 Sea World, and 1 Universal ones. Disney ones are the best (not saying that just because I'm Disney fanatic!) but because I love their music that they have before the race to pump you up, and because they have characters along the routes (there have been several characters that I don't have pictures with like Abu and the Snow Prince...but we've been running for times so we didn't stop. But this Princess 5k we've decided to run from character to character and get those pics!) plus you get an awesome medal at the end, which you don't at the other races. We're doing a 10k in March and I actually start my training for that this week...yikes!

As for Beaute Speciale, are you stayiing off property? I think as long as you're close to Disney, they'll come to you. I live right behind Magic Kingdom, and they had no problem coming to me for my hair trial/engagement pics and for my MK Bridal Shoot.

Oh and side note, I love the Pink Owls! Ever since I got married and my last name changed to Howell, I've been OBSESSED with owls! Good thing they're trendy right now!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #351
Jilian
DIS Veteran
 
Jilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,255

I forgot to comment on Beaute Speciale: they come to you. They don't charge a travel fee as long as your on property. They don't have a salon for you to go to, I tried asking that when I was going for my trial. I really liked Jackie, I printed lots of pictures and told her what I was looking for and she made it happen. She was open to making changes too and I liked that. She also made sure to assign herself to me for the actual day so she can re-create the hair/makeup from the trial.
__________________



Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:51 PM   #352
J.ThaddeusToad
Mouseketeer
 
J.ThaddeusToad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 228

Yay for your violinist playing Married Life! That song was a must for us as well! Is Jennie Rudberg your violinist by any chance?

Oh my goodness! A Hunger Games shower?! If your guests won't get it, invite me!!!
__________________

Me DH


J.ThaddeusToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #353
J.ThaddeusToad
Mouseketeer
 
J.ThaddeusToad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 228

Yay for your violinist playing Married Life! That song was a must for us as well! Is Jennie Rudberg your violinist by any chance?

Oh my goodness! A Hunger Games shower?! If your guests won't like it, invite me!!!
__________________

Me DH


J.ThaddeusToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:04 PM   #354
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran
 
princess_ariel_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Derbyshire. UK
Posts: 1,716

Hey Faith,

Yay for the violinist being able to play Married Life. Good news, glad you can have the song you want.

Glad you had fun on the run I wish I had the motivation to run.... lol btw love the t-shirts., they're so cute xx
__________________
princess_ariel_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #355
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran
 
DoomBuggy0922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,856

I'm so glad to hear everything is going so well for you! Congratulations on racing with your mom: that's so awesome! And I actually didn't do a hair trial with Beaute Speciale... but they were amazing, regardless. :D
__________________
Jackie Chris: Smokey

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!



DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #356
emoses
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10

Yah!! So excited about student teaching and for the princess run in february! You and momma will have so much fun! Sorry I haven't been posting! I've just been super busy! But I've certainly been lurking and keeping up with the posts! haha

Yah for coming home in July and starting to plan!! I have so many ideas and I still vote hunger games shower! Can't wait until all this interview stuff is over and I can just focus on shower planning!
emoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #357
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran
 
MrsDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 147 miles from WDW
Posts: 5,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
Faith,
Hi my dear! Sorry I have not been in touch lately I think we are both just crazy busy.

so glad you had fun with your race and I am jealous of the princess marathon.

I am planning on using beaute speciale but I don't know much about them.

I got my STD in the mail it was AWESOME!!!

ok keep in touch oh and I am so glad you got an AP psych class that is way way cool!

Teresa
Miss you girl! You're right though- I think we're both swamped.

So glad you got the STD!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Yay for your violinist being able to play Married Life. I'm still waiting to hear back from mine on her guitarist.

Yeah for your MOH coming home for a while. Happy shower planning, you crack me up with your ideas!

Have fun with your AP Psych, that is a fun class!

Nice work on the run! I've been slacking so much on running, I really need to get back into it. Where did you run? That looks like a place we visited in St. Pete. You and your mom are so cute together! I hope my daughter wants to hang out with me like that when she's older!
Thanks!! I'm sure your DD will want to hang out! My mom is my best friend and I'd rather spend time with her than with my friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourgypsy View Post
I would LOVE to see a Hunger Games themed shower! That'd be so awesome!

I think I recall seeing on the Beaute Speciale website that they do trial runs at their salon? Double-check to be sure, but I want to say I remember reading that.

Go you and your mom for doing that 5K! And for running it! I've done one in my life, and I walked it. (Asthma and running don't mix well) But hey, the runners need people to run past to make them feel awesome, so I'm happy to play that role
Wouldn't a Hunger Games shower be awesome?!

I will look more into Beaute Speciale.. I keep hearing great things! Thanks!

And, Thanks!! I follow a plan that consists of running and walking so I have plenty of people who pass me by! I'm right there with ya!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NicknNancy View Post
Hey Faith! That is so awesome that you and your mom run together! I keep trying to get up to 5k but I'm like you....I hate it when I am running...and so far I peaked at 2k. lol Getting there!

As for your hair trial, I am getting mine done by LeJeune and, if you are not staying on Disney property, they charge 50 bucks extra to come out there. So, as we are staying off-property for our PS, I will be going to their location.

Hope this helps! Good luck on the Princess run!
Ugh, I hate running too but let me tell you: crossing the finish line is amazing! Keep trying, girlie!

Good to know about LeJeune!! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
That's so great about the 5k! I'm like you...I HATE running! With a passion! I've been doing it for about a year (sporadically) but I still hate it. I love the races though! I've done 4 Disney, 2 Sea World, and 1 Universal ones. Disney ones are the best (not saying that just because I'm Disney fanatic!) but because I love their music that they have before the race to pump you up, and because they have characters along the routes (there have been several characters that I don't have pictures with like Abu and the Snow Prince...but we've been running for times so we didn't stop. But this Princess 5k we've decided to run from character to character and get those pics!) plus you get an awesome medal at the end, which you don't at the other races. We're doing a 10k in March and I actually start my training for that this week...yikes!

As for Beaute Speciale, are you stayiing off property? I think as long as you're close to Disney, they'll come to you. I live right behind Magic Kingdom, and they had no problem coming to me for my hair trial/engagement pics and for my MK Bridal Shoot.

Oh and side note, I love the Pink Owls! Ever since I got married and my last name changed to Howell, I've been OBSESSED with owls! Good thing they're trendy right now!
I can only imagine how fun it must be to run in Disney races! I can't wait for our first one!!

We are staying on property-- I'll call them today. Thanks!

I owls! They're adorable and my school mascot. Super cute and super trendy which just fuels my fire!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
I forgot to comment on Beaute Speciale: they come to you. They don't charge a travel fee as long as your on property. They don't have a salon for you to go to, I tried asking that when I was going for my trial. I really liked Jackie, I printed lots of pictures and told her what I was looking for and she made it happen. She was open to making changes too and I liked that. She also made sure to assign herself to me for the actual day so she can re-create the hair/makeup from the trial.
Thanks for the helpful info Jilian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.ThaddeusToad View Post
Yay for your violinist playing Married Life! That song was a must for us as well! Is Jennie Rudberg your violinist by any chance?

Oh my goodness! A Hunger Games shower?! If your guests won't get it, invite me!!!
You know, I don't have a clue who my violinist is!! Just Marry booked her/him for me and I didn't think to ask!

And yes!! Everyone is welcome to the Hunger Games shower!


Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Hey Faith,

Yay for the violinist being able to play Married Life. Good news, glad you can have the song you want.

Glad you had fun on the run I wish I had the motivation to run.... lol btw love the t-shirts., they're so cute xx
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
I'm so glad to hear everything is going so well for you! Congratulations on racing with your mom: that's so awesome! And I actually didn't do a hair trial with Beaute Speciale... but they were amazing, regardless. :D
I've heard that you simply can't go wrong with Beaute Speciale!! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoses View Post
Yah!! So excited about student teaching and for the princess run in february! You and momma will have so much fun! Sorry I haven't been posting! I've just been super busy! But I've certainly been lurking and keeping up with the posts! haha

Yah for coming home in July and starting to plan!! I have so many ideas and I still vote hunger games shower! Can't wait until all this interview stuff is over and I can just focus on shower planning!
Hi lovie!! It's okay!

I can't wait to see you! YAYAYAYAY! You'll do great on your interviews-- so proud of you!
__________________
Faith
AP. DVC. FL Res.
Our Swan and Dolphin Wedding!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #358
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran
 
MrsDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 147 miles from WDW
Posts: 5,226

DIY Project Plans!

Happy Monday, friends!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! We didn't do too much-- watched a movie (Thor) and finished up the 2nd season of The Walking Dead before the next season starts on Sunday!

Today I thought I'd post about my DIY plans! I won't be starting on these until the summer but I need to get my butt organized! I know the summer will creep up on me here soon and I want to have all of my ideas in one place!

We aren't doing too many DIY projects which is good and bad, IMO! Good because I'd probably drive myself nuts but bad because I like to be busy (and drive myself nuts... )!

Here we go!:

Thank You Sign
We plan on creating a sign for us to hold up after the reading that will say "Thank You". From there, we'll turn that picture into a postcard and send it as our Thank You notes.


"Bride" Zip-Up Hoodie
Since it will probably be chilly out for the wedding, I plan on buying a white zip up hoodie and the word "bride" in rhinestones that can be transferred onto the hoodie via iron. This will be perfect for getting ready!

I'm debating on whether or not I should make them for my MOH, mom, and FMIL.. I just don't see the point in making them for them as they will never wear them again-- I know I won't either but I feel it's different for me. What do you think? Should I make them for my MOH and our moms?


OOT Bags
I know I've showed these bags off before but here they are again! I'm not sure what we'll put in these bags yet but we will create some type of Welcome Bag for our Out of Town Guests (which is everyone, haha!).


Card Box
I love the towering card boxes I've seen around but don't think they'll be appropriate for our wedding! I think we will have a one or two layer card box and call it a day. I like the round boxes and will decorate it similar to this one but using coral and teal instead!


Newsletters
Thanks to the lovely ladies here I've collected many, many newsletter templates!!

We will be sending out just one newsletter. I don't want to bombard our guests and I'm pretty sure it will just hit the trash can anyways!

We will send out a newsletter in July.

Exit Confetti
You all know that I wanted glitter for our exit buuuut, I've decided to settle for confetti after much consideration (okay, mostly my planner and my mom telling me that they'll have to spend time picking glitter off me).

I'm not sure where we'll order the confetti (amazon?) but I'd like to put them in some type of bag/cone,etc.

Clearly this project needs more thought!

Favors
We are all over the place with our favors. We are definitely doing something edible. Who doesn't like eating?

The contenders:
1. M&Ms-- either personalized or just teal/coral.
2. Mickey Caramel Apples-- I found an awesome recipe on FamilyFun but am wondering if they'll be too hard to make, store, and transport.


I'd really like to do the apples but I just don't know how hard they'd be and how to figure out the logistics.

Door Decorations for the Honeymoon
Regardless of where we are honeymooning to I'm figuring we'll have a door and it needs decorated!

I'll hit Home Depot to take a "few" Mickey head paint chips. Ninja Mode Faith!!

I'll convince DFi to make a sign for our door and a couple other fun things!

Max's Groom Baseball Hat
Max is a hat guy but refuses to wear the new Groom ears.. I don't blame him. They aren't my favorite.

We found Lurkyloo's wonderful tutorial on how to make baseball ears! We will definitely be doing this!


Soulmate Shirts
I found these on tumblr (I'm www.coralsheep.tumblr.com if anyone wants to follow along-- I'll always follow back!) and am obessed!! I LOVE them. We will definitely be making these for the honeymoon.


**Possible Projects**
I'm not sure if we should make the following projects.. what do you all think? I don't want to waste time or money on paper products but I feel like they could be nice additions? Feel free to share your opinions!!

Wedding Programs
We'd include a note, the bridal party which is just my MOH and his BM, the order of the wedding, and... ? What else?

Really not sure if these are worth it although they're nice. Of course, they'd be teal/coral.

Menu Cards
We are having a buffet for dinner but I'm wondering if we should make menu cards still. They'd be useful since we are getting a bar package with specific drinks our guests can order.

Teal/coral design. Simple. On cardstock.

I'm thinking that these are a "Yes" solely for the drink reason.


I *think* those are all of them!! I'm sure I'll think of more as we get closer (door hangers!) but for now, this is my list!

Thankfully, I have the summer off and will be making all of these (minus the degradable stuff) then. I am student teaching in the Fall and will have no time to do it then!

My FMIL will be flying down a week before the wedding to help get things ready so hopefully she can help if we need it. My mom will be super helpful too! Max is really artsy and talented so I'm glad I have him (for many reasons! )

In other news, I emailed Beaute Speciale for a trial run and am hoping to hear back from them soon!

Hope everyone has a great day!
__________________
Faith
AP. DVC. FL Res.
Our Swan and Dolphin Wedding!

Last edited by MrsDuck; 02-06-2012 at 02:28 PM.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #359
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 486

You're gonna be one very busy girl this summer!

Even though it means a bit more work, I think your mom and MoH will love them. I know Vicky's super excited to wear her MoH shirt at Disney. (That reminds, I need to convo the girl from Etsy )

Love, love, love the card box! It's gonna look super adorable in your colors

I'm not sure how the temperatures are in December there, but I feel like the caramel apples, you'd have to worry about melt-age in addition to transportation. Unless you have some big coolers? And when would you give them out? The baker in me is trying to come up with some useful ideas for you!

What are you thinking of doing for the door hanger? I'm super curious, but tend to not be very crafty

We're doing the same thing for Doug's hat. Thanks for the reminder

A whole weekend away from the DIS AND tumblr means a very long (but fun!) day in front of the computer today!
__________________
yourgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #360
sarahb01
Mouseketeer
 
sarahb01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 245

I love all of your DIY plans! I love the apples, but I can see how they would be difficult to transport and "keep". Maybe you could use them for a shower if you are having one?
__________________
sarahb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: