Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Planning Journal Directory:
About Us--> just scroll down!
Wedding Plans!
The DRESS! And, other Wedding Attire!
Floral/Decor Inspiration + Wedding Bands AND Disney Store Swag!
First Dress Fitting, my Headband, and our Welcome Bag bags!
Buttons (Just Married?!) Galore, Ears, the MENU, and the Videographer!
Tentative Wedding Weekend Plans! Plus, I Need Your Opinions! And, a brief Honeymoon update!
Mr. and Mrs. Exit Ideas!
Engagement Picture Plans, Sand Ceremony Vase, and Bridal Party Decisions!
Upcoming EPCOT Trip and Cake Ideas!
EPCOT Mini-TR!
Current Budget-- Updated 10/30/12!
The Invites, Apartment Progress and... PUPPIES!
Engagement Pictures Sneak Peek!
My (Dorky) Holiday Greetings Video, Our Colors, and December Trip Plans!
The One Year Mark (and our 6 year anniversary!), Possible Favors, and Christmas Wishes!
ALL 300 of our Engagement Pictures are Here!
Last Week's Planning Session, a Fun Surprise, and THIS Week's Trip's Plans!
Hair Trial, Cake Tasting, Mom's Birthday, and SHANNON LOVE!!
Save the Dates and This Weekend's Disney Trip Plans!
A Few Wedding Checks, a Question, and a Life Update!
DIY Plans!
Princess Marathon Weekend Plans!
Princess Marathon Weekend TR Part 1!, Princess Marathon Weekend TR Part 2!, Princess Marathon Weekend TR Part 2 Continued and HAIR TRIAL!

A Few Small Updates (and Ch-Ch-Changes!)!
Mini Updates-- Hair/Makeup, Our Registries, the Bridal Party, and a Schedule! + More!
Bridal Shower Plans and Random Bits of Wedding Updates!
Expedition Everest Challenge Plans and a Bridesmaid Dress Dilemma (and solution?)!
7 MONTH MARK! EEC TR, Wedding Accommodations, and Personal News!
{almost}6 Month Mark Update! DIYs, Shower, Gifts, and MOAAR!
Teresa's Wedding Recap & My Wedding Updates (FINALIZED favors, rehearsal plans, officiant, gifts+!)!
Almost 2-Month Update!
Floral Order and Quote!
Groom Ear Hat, Cardbox/Mailbox, Rehearsal Deets, and 2 months!
2 Weeks to Go!
Vendor Reviews, Picture Preview, and Video Trailer!

My Vendors:
Venue: Disney's Swan Resort
Wedding Planner: Diana with Just Marry!
Reception: The Swan's Garden Grove
Photographer: Poirier Wedding Photography
Videographer: Paul Duhon of PD Weddings
Officiant: Rev. Tim Herring
Violinist: ??
Bridal Attire: For the Bride in Ft. Myers, FL. (Dress designer: Essence of Australia)
Rehearsal Dinner Dress: Tadashi Shoji
Invites: Michaels
Save the Dates: Wedding Paper Divas
Baker: It's Tasty Too!
Hair/Makeup: Beaute Speciale (Jessia T for hair)
Bridal Shower Invites: Etsy Seller-- Blue Sugar Press
Custom Hangers: Etsy Seller-- http://www.etsy.com/shop/EricaMayMade

Hi!

I have been a longtime lurker on the DIS boards for a while now but finally decided to become a member and start a PJ because WE'RE GETTING MARRIED AT DISNEY WORLD! But you already knew that... Onto the important stuff!!

Faith:

I am a social studies teacher! I love to think about Disney, go to Disney, talk about Disney, etc. When I'm not busy with that or school, I like to read, talk about Harry Potter () watch movies, pretend that I am a good scrapbooker, and sing in my car shamelessly, dancing included.

My favorite Princess is Rapunzel and my two other favorite Disney characters are: Daisy Duck and Remy!

Max:

Max graduated with his BA in Political Science in the Summer of 2010. He now works as a loan modifier for a financial company! He loves playing videogames, watching movies, Star Wars, animation, Disney World, and just having fun. Seriously, this guy takes fun pretty seriously.

His favorite characters.. well, are undecided. He simply can't pick! His favorite character (that he can list!) is Donald Duck!

About Us:

We owe everything to our Mommas. My mom and Max's mom worked at the same school for 2 years, and that is how we met! Typically, my mom's teaching department would hold parties where teachers would bring their families and everyone would chat, have fun, etc.

Max and I met at one of these parties when I was 11. We never spoke to each other that night (he was "too cool", and so was I! ) but we later both agreed that we thought the other was cute.

I became good friends with Max's sister and started seeing more of Max. We became friends, starting talking, etc. You know what happens next...

Well, on December 22, 2005, Max sent me a MySpace message telling me he loved me and wanted me to be his girlfriend. After all these years, I felt the same way. I responded and we've been together ever since!! We will be getting married on our 7 year anniversary!

We love just being together, having fun, being silly. We really are best friends and I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else.

We are lucky enough to get to Disney World pretty often. We live about 2 and a half hours away and are DVC members. Expect lots of mini-TRs from me between now and the wedding!

The Proposal:
A little backstory is in order before I continue with the proposal story.. Max and I have always known that we would get married one day. On October 14th of 2006, Max asked me if I'd marry him one day. I said yes.

Fast forward to October 14, 2010...
Our proposal was perfect and exactly what I wanted. Quiet, and just the two of us. Max picked me up after work to go spend the evening with him and told me there was "something" he needed to put away when we got home. I had no clue what was going on but thought it was weird he announced this. Whatever.

We get home, he goes to put this "something" away.. in the dining room. I follow him because what is he doing?! (Did I mention that sometimes I think I'm Nancy Drew?).. as soon as I see the dining room, I start crying.

On the wall, he printed out a bunch of pictures of us from last 5 years and has the words "Will You Marry Me" printed on sheets on paper.

... Max got down on one knee (and said something sweet that I don't really remember) and asked if I would marry him? I said yes!! We cried, called everyone that we needed to call, changed our Facebooks ().. then ordered pizza and watched a movie!!

It was perfect! My ring is beautiful.. here it is:

I am so happy that Max and I are one step closer to being Mr. and Mrs.!

Well, that's about all I can write today as I need to leave for work soon (I work Part-Time at Hallmark), but I will probably be posting pretty regularly. I have lots of wedding things to show already, and quite a few Disney trips coming up!

Up Next: Our Wedding Plans.. and "You already have a wedding planned in South Florida?!"

Last edited by MrsDuck; 09-04-2013 at 09:47 PM.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
gertiesquidge
Mouseketeer

Hi Mrs Duck,
What a lovely story Congratulations on your engagement and your upcoming wedding

I can't wait to hear more of your plans and about your trips to WDW, you are so lucky to be able to visit so often

Best wishes
Gertiesquidge
gertiesquidge is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Faith sweetie - Yay!!! You started a PJ!!!!
Looking forward to following along!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Hiya Faith!

Congratulations on the engagement and the upcoming wedding.

I'll def be subbing in to your PJ, have fun with your planning, can't wait to hear more
Old 09-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Hello, Faith!

You two are so adorable!
I can't wait to read more about your plans--I love the locations you've chosen!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #6
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Thanks for reading along everyone!

Last edited by MrsDuck; 09-04-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #7
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Thanks for reading along everyone!
Count me in too!!! Love the avatar!! Cute couple in real life too

Like your date!
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
DisneyBride'03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBride'03 View Post
Count me in too!!! Love the avatar!! Cute couple in real life too

Like your date!
Thanks so much!

I see you are running the Princess Half! My mom and I just signed up for the Royal Family 5k! We aren't runners and we thought the 5k would be a good place to start! Maybe we will bump into each other!

Last edited by MrsDuck; 09-04-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Thanks so much!

I see you are running the Princess Half! My mom and I just signed up for the Royal Family 5k! We aren't runners and we thought the 5k would be a good place to start! Maybe we will bump into each other!

Congrats on planning your wedding!

My best friend and I are not runners, but to get ready for my wedding, we decided to try to start running. And we started with the princess 5K last year. It was awesome! There are people who walk the whole thing so we definitely didn't feel out of place and there are characters along the way. It's tons of fun and we've now signed up for all the Disney 5Ks (although we still hate to run outside of those!)
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #10
pinkfairy1684
DIS Veteran

Hi Faith! Glad you started a PJ! Can't wait to read more!
pinkfairy1684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #11
mickin
Starlight, Starbright, first star I see tonight

congrats on your engagement!!! that was a cute story...
I have a BAE in music education and let me tell you that its really hard to get a job right now in that field. My suggestion is that you try and make as many connections as you can and try to get your foot in the door anyway you can. Also check for certification status where you live. We moved from FL to DC and the school systems up here dont accept FL certifications, so I had to spend all last year taking tests and such that I already did in FL.

But best of luck to you and your fiance.
Me Jay 25 DB Tracie 24 Luna First trip 1989, 1991-1995 All stars, Dixie Landing, 1996 DVC members at OKW, 1997-2008 All DVC resorts, Coranado, POP, 2009-2010 at least once a month, 2010 vinylmation obsession starts, May 2011 first stay at Bay Lake. Wedding set for Jan 6th at WP/ADH Our PJ

mickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #12
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
Congrats on planning your wedding!

My best friend and I are not runners, but to get ready for my wedding, we decided to try to start running. And we started with the princess 5K last year. It was awesome! There are people who walk the whole thing so we definitely didn't feel out of place and there are characters along the way. It's tons of fun and we've now signed up for all the Disney 5Ks (although we still hate to run outside of those!)
Glad to know it's okay to walk the 5k! We're hoping to run it but we may have to cheat and just walk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfairy1684 View Post
Hi Faith! Glad you started a PJ! Can't wait to read more!
Hi Lacey! I just started reading your PJ! Your day is so close!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickin View Post
congrats on your engagement!!! that was a cute story...
I have a BAE in music education and let me tell you that its really hard to get a job right now in that field. My suggestion is that you try and make as many connections as you can and try to get your foot in the door anyway you can. Also check for certification status where you live. We moved from FL to DC and the school systems up here dont accept FL certifications, so I had to spend all last year taking tests and such that I already did in FL.

But best of luck to you and your fiance.
A fellow teacher! It's so tough to get a teaching job nowadays. I hoping that my M.Ed in Reading will help with the job situation; plus my mom is a teacher and I'm hoping her connections get me somewhere.. maybe? Fingers are crossed!

Thank you so much for the tips though- I will definitely take it all into consideration!

Thanks again for the warm welcomes! I'm sure I'll be posting a real update soon! There's so much to say!

Last edited by MrsDuck; 09-04-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #13
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Wedding Plans!

Our plans are as follows:

Ceremony: the Swan’s Crescent Terrace! I love the elevated part in the middle and the view. Plus, we also liked it because it seems fairly private for a public space! Our ceremony will be held at 5:00pm.

Reception: My family never makes/made ADRs. One trip we wanted to go somewhere nice for dinner but every restaurant was packed except the Garden Grove. Begrudgingly, we went.

Well, I fell in love. I loved the buffet, the pretty tree in the middle, and more importantly: the characters! The Garden Grove NEVER seems to be crowded and the characters always take their time with you at your table.
We are having our reception at the Garden Grove and I cannot wait! I’m not telling anyone that the characters will be stopping by! We want it to be a fun surprise!

Here are a few pictures of my family's most recent trip to the Garden Grove! Also, my mom is starring in one of the pictures!

Impromptu After-Party: We plan on continuing the party at Jellyrolls! I’ve never been but thought it’d be a fun place to keep the celebration going.

Does anyone have any reviews of Jellyrolls? Or, any other suggestions as to what else we could do after dinner?

That's about the extent of our plans.. . I'm starting to collect ideas about a no-pressure welcome party the day before the wedding (Lurkyloo style! Thanks for all the great ideas, Carrie!), welcome bags, rehearsal dinner locations, etc. Current and past brides' PJs have been of so much help!

Again, thanks to all of you who are reading along! I can't promise that my PJ will be super entertaining but I do hope it can one day help another bride and at least become a place for me to keep track of my ideas!

Hope everyone is having a happy Monday!

Up Next: The DRESS! And more attire plans!

Last edited by MrsDuck; 05-31-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #14
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Your wedding plans look great! I LOVE Jellyrolls! I go there all of the time since I'm a CM and we ended my bachelorette party night there. I've seen several brides there before and I always wanted to go in my wedding dress after my wedding, but since my reception didn't end til 1:30am, I couldn't. You will have a blast there!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #15
pinkfairy1684
DIS Veteran

Jellyrolls is AWESOME! I used to go there all of the time when I was a CM in the College Program. We plan on going back on our upcoming trip!!!
pinkfairy1684 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: