Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #61
mya1k9
Mouseketeer

We leave Sunday, love reading your report. Your right, theres all the time in the world to go at our pace, I really need to remember to slow down and just enjoy the infatuation of my kindergardeners!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #62
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPATSMouse View Post
Dropping in from Lisa's TR. I noticed you are a fellow Illinoisian and Disney enthusiast, great combonation. I'm enjoying your TR and looking forward to more.
Glad you're here! We Illinoians seem sort of scarce! Especially those not from Chicago. Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
The MSEP pic of the castle does not seem blurry (unless my vision is fading). It is nice. I cannot wait to read about the invitation.
They don't look too blurry, just not too good . There were a couple of invitations on this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mya1k9 View Post
We leave Sunday, love reading your report. Your right, theres all the time in the world to go at our pace, I really need to remember to slow down and just enjoy the infatuation of my kindergardeners!!!
Oh, I'm so jealous!! 2 days? Have a great time! Thanks, and I am so glad we did let her guide us. We really loved seeing Disney through her eyes. It was a new and great experience.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #63
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

What a wonderful first day! I'm sorry that Maddie wasn't a fan of Splash Mt, but maybe next time she won't be as afraid of the dark or the darker parts of the storyline.

The pics of your DH and DD all dressed up for halloween are too cute! It brings back happy memories, because my Dad always used to dress up with us kids, and take us around for trick or treat. I think the neighbors got more of a kick out of seeing my dad as a giant leopard or horse or Robot or whatever, than they did out of the kids costumes!

I'm glad you got a good viewing spot for wishes, and I love the new castle show too!
Old 09-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #64
shan23877

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
What a wonderful first day! I'm sorry that Maddie wasn't a fan of Splash Mt, but maybe next time she won't be as afraid of the dark or the darker parts of the storyline.

The pics of your DH and DD all dressed up for halloween are too cute! It brings back happy memories, because my Dad always used to dress up with us kids, and take us around for trick or treat. I think the neighbors got more of a kick out of seeing my dad as a giant leopard or horse or Robot or whatever, than they did out of the kids costumes!

I'm glad you got a good viewing spot for wishes, and I love the new castle show too!
It really was a wonderful first day! I wouldn't have changed a thing. I hope that by our next trip (hopefully next May) she'll be a little more brave about the dark rides.

That's awesome that your dad used to dress up with you guys! Those two were a big hit in the neighborhood last year. This year they're going as Belle and Beast (in human form, so really just a prince )

Wishes was great as usual, but Magic Memories and You was amazing. I was tearing up the whole time!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:04 AM   #65
shan23877

The One With Empty Streets and A Date With Royalty

When I was 7 years old, my grandparents took me on my first WDW trip. While I remember many things about that trip, what stands out most is that they took me to lunch at Cinderella Castle.

DH and I had a few surprises in store for DD4. We wanted DD to understand that some things that we would be doing were very special without ramming costs down her throat, so we printed “invitations” for her to find.

We woke up at 6:30 on our second Disney day. After DH and I showered we woke Maddie up and let her find her first invitation. She had been cordially invited to dine with royalty at Cinderella Castle that morning.

Maddie was not clothed when she got her invite so I got a little creative before posting this one

She was SO excited! “Good idea to pack my new Cinderella dress you made Mommy!” Very lucky indeed! (For the rest of the day Maddie basked in the glory of being called Princess everywhere we went) We got ourselves together and got to the bus stop by 7:45. The bus for the Magic Kingdom came quickly and we were there by 8:00.

I was really excited to take pictures on an empty Main Street, but DH’s picture tolerance was already getting low. I wasn’t too sympathetic, but still didn’t get as many photos as I would have liked.

Frustrated Bryan

"Time for my photo shoot!"

The stunning murals leading to CRT

Last edited by shan23877; 09-19-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #66
shan23877

The One With Empty Streets and A Date With Royalty Part 2

And finally we made it here

We checked in at Cinderella’s Royal Table at 8:15, and were called in immediately.

Apparently there are restrooms to the left of the armor

Awesome! We’re in early! Maddie had her photo taken with Cinderlla and we headed upstairs. (I knew ahead of time that Cindy would be greeting the guests, not participating in the meal, but I still think that it’s weird that it’s her castle, but she’s only downstairs)

"Mommy, Cinderella asked if my Fairy Godmother made my dress. I told her no, just my mommy."

We were seated at a great table by the windows overlooking Fantasyland.

Our waiter was great, really friendly. He took our orders immediately. Adults are given a choice of a traditional breakfast plate (eggs, sausage, potatoes) or cream cheese stuffed French toast. Children are given a plate that includes French toast sticks, eggs, and bacon.

Our waiter delivered our drinks and pastries quickly, and soon our food arrived. I got the egg plate and DH got the French toast. Neither of us was very overwhelmed by the food. It was pretty standard stuff, I guess we were both expecting more for the price. Maddie also got a magic wand and a wishing star.

I think it's awesome that the children are given weapons before 9 am!

[

In no time we heard princess music and were being visited by the ladies. Snow White was first.

We soon discovered the downfall to our great table was that Maddie was facing the window and was looking down in every picture! DD was really excited, but after such a long first day in the parks and only getting 7.5 hours of sleep she wasn’t exactly high energy. She was glad to finally meet Snow White, but didn’t have a ton to say to her, so she moved on pretty quickly.

Next to visit our table was Arial – another first meeting for DD. She was a little more animated with her.

Aurora soon followed, and then came Belle in her “book reading clothes” because to my daughter there's an outfit for EVERY occasion.

We finished our meals, settled up with our waiter (we paid OOP instead of burning 2 TS credits on breakfast) and headed out of the castle. We’ll try CRT again as long as DD loves the princesses, but next time I think we’ll go for lunch or dinner.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:21 AM   #67
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

How exciting? I was 29 the first time I dined in the castle. My husband was against eating there at first, since we do not have any daughters. "It is for girls, " he said. "What do you think I am," I replied? He gave in, and I loved it. DS loved it too! Your DD sure looks like she had a great time as well! Who doen't love the castle? AHHHHHHH!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:21 AM   #68
Fall1
DIS Veteran

So cute!! I was 10 when I ate in the castle but it was King Stefan's then. We are taking DS and DD after their BBB appt for the first time next month!! Can't wait, loved seeing your pictures!
Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7

Last edited by Fall1; 09-19-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:07 AM   #69
shan23877

Quote:
How exciting? I was 29 the first time I dined in the castle. My husband was against eating there at first, since we do not have any daughters. "It is for girls, " he said. "What do you think I am," I replied? He gave in, and I loved it. DS loved it too! Your DD sure looks like she had a great time as well! Who doen't love the castle? AHHHHHHH!
ALL Girls love the castle! You're exactly right. I'm glad your son enjoyed it too. The first time I went my male cousin was with us (also 7) and I remember him being as excited as I was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall1 View Post
So cute!! I was 10 when I ate in the castle but it was King Stefan's then. We are taking DS and DD after their BBB appt for the first time next month!! Can't wait, loved seeing your pictures!
I'm pretty sure that it was King Stefans when I first went too. It was cough 1984 cough. All I remember is being there . We did BBB-maybe I'll be able to day 3 before you leave- and it was AMAZING. So worth the money, a great experience for DD. We'd do it again in a heartbeat. We went to 1900 Park Fare that night but I kinda wish we'd done CRT instead. Live and learn. We'll do it that way next time So jealous that your trip is only a month away!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:49 AM   #70
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I forgot to ask yesterday. It was 3am when I was reading your report, so I was sleep deprived. That invitation is adorable. Did you make it yourself?
Old 09-20-2011, 05:23 AM   #71
Fall1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I'm pretty sure that it was King Stefans when I first went too. It was cough 1984 cough. All I remember is being there . We did BBB-maybe I'll be able to day 3 before you leave- and it was AMAZING. So worth the money, a great experience for DD. We'd do it again in a heartbeat. We went to 1900 Park Fare that night but I kinda wish we'd done CRT instead. Live and learn. We'll do it that way next time So jealous that your trip is only a month away!
It was 1984 when I went too...how funny!!
Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Old 09-20-2011, 06:57 AM   #72
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

There is nothing like breakfast in the castle! Looks like your DD is having a fabulous time!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #73
shan23877

Quote:
I forgot to ask yesterday. It was 3am when I was reading your report, so I was sleep deprived. That invitation is adorable. Did you make it yourself?
Thanks! Actually DH made it. I was quite impressed with what a great job he did!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #74
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

What great luck with Rapunzel! She's so popular. And great job on the cinderella dress. I agree, nothing to write home about food wise at CRT, but you can't beat the ambiance!

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
Old 09-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #75
shan23877

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
There is nothing like breakfast in the castle! Looks like your DD is having a fabulous time!
It was the perfect way to start the day! She loved it, but I think that to her BBB trumped breakfast . I'd love to do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
What great luck with Rapunzel! She's so popular. And great job on the cinderella dress. I agree, nothing to write home about food wise at CRT, but you can't beat the ambiance!
We go SO lucky with Rapunzel. Those lines got crazy! I'm just disappointed that we didn't get to see Flynn. Thanks for the compliment. Luckily DD hadn't seen the fancy dresses that the princesses wear in WDW so I didn't have to try to make one of those! The castle was great, I guess I just expected more from the food. I'd like to try dinner next time around.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: