Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2011, 07:35 AM   #61
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Well it's working. I just looked at my grade and I have an A in the dreaded Statistics class.

Also, I noticed your siggy that you've gone down another pound. I think that deserves a dancing banana. I need to take you example on that too. I have until next November to get some of this weight off and be in good enough shape to walk around WDW.
This trip in Dec, I wanna be down 40 pounds. I am almost there. BUT my ultimate goal is for our big trip in NOV. I want to be down a total of 60 pounds

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #62
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
This trip in Dec, I wanna be down 40 pounds. I am almost there. BUT my ultimate goal is for our big trip in NOV. I want to be down a total of 60 pounds
I don't know how long you've been working on it, but your doing an amazing job!!! I really need to do it as well. Hopefully, when I go to the doctor on Friday, he'll put me on something that will help me loose all this water weight. I have a really bad water retention problem. Plus if I loose weight, it might help my blood pressure issues.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #63
ksloane
DIS Veteran

We'll be at Pop Nov 16-21!!
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #64
mommyof3princess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I don't know how long you've been working on it, but your doing an amazing job!!! I really need to do it as well. Hopefully, when I go to the doctor on Friday, he'll put me on something that will help me loose all this water weight. I have a really bad water retention problem. Plus if I loose weight, it might help my blood pressure issues.
I hope he can help you. I have water retention issues but I have noticed that since I started really working out and sweating, then I dont have them as bad. That may help

Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
Old 10-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #65
new york 1
Mouseketeer

Myself and DW going POFQ Nov11-Nov16
new york 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #66
Hmom
Mouseketeer

Been busy at work, but I've had a very Disney weekend!

Checked prices - they'll change, but good to have an estimate.

List of restaurants & other new adventures from DH & DS.

Reviewed grocery delivery list.

Adjusted packing list.

Decided no Discovery Cove - waaaaay too expensive!

Now, the debate is to fly Monday night after work or early Tuesday morning. Early is very early. Flight would leave around 6am. My vote is Monday night, but we still have lots of time to decide

Happy planning!
Hmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:05 AM   #67
mommyof3princess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by new york 1 View Post
Myself and DW going POFQ Nov11-Nov16
We will be there at the same time! I cant wait!

So our November trip is a surprise BUT Dh and I have been talking and I am on the fence about this: I was thinking about giving the girls the Disney trip for Christmas. I last Oct trip because we did a Disney movie night every Friday and we counted down on a specially made count down calandar. It was fun and I think I will miss that. I wont tell them specifics like who else is going(DBro, Ddad, Dmom, DGrandmom, Dpop pop0 OR that we are staying in POR royal rooms. What do you think?

Old 10-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #68
scases
Earning My Ears

We are going the week of Thanksgiving. This is our first big trip to Disney. We have family that lives in Orlando and work for Disney. We have been to Magic Kingdom for a day, but didn't get to fully enjoy it. This time we are doing a full week. My family thinks I am crazy for wanting to plan this far in advance, but I want to have every thing ready and planned so when we arrive we don't have to decide anything except maybe what we will eat.

I am new so any and all tips are welcome. I have a family of 5 - 2 adults and 3 kids (4,11,13 at time of trip)

scases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #69
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
We will be there at the same time! I cant wait!

So our November trip is a surprise BUT Dh and I have been talking and I am on the fence about this: I was thinking about giving the girls the Disney trip for Christmas. I last Oct trip because we did a Disney movie night every Friday and we counted down on a specially made count down calandar. It was fun and I think I will miss that. I wont tell them specifics like who else is going(DBro, Ddad, Dmom, DGrandmom, Dpop pop0 OR that we are staying in POR royal rooms. What do you think?
I haven't had time to come on here to check out all the new posts due to school and other life related stuff But I've got a week off school this week and I'm planning on being on the DIS for a good chunk of it I've updated the main page as best I could so if I've missed anyone please let me know.

It's really up to what you want to do. If you really enjoyed having that time together to get excited about your upcoming trip than maybe you could just tell them that your going but not with who and where. Or you could just set movie nights and not tell them what its for

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #70
peachiepie
Mouseketeer

We'll be there the first 2 weeks of November, but I've read that apparently one of these weeks is likely to be "Jersey week"? Done a bit of googling and found out it's about the New Jersey schools...but can anyone tell me how that's likely to effect the crowds? I remembered to check when the school holidays here are, but forgot to look into these sorts of events!
peachiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #71
Hmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachiepie View Post
We'll be there the first 2 weeks of November, but I've read that apparently one of these weeks is likely to be "Jersey week"? Done a bit of googling and found out it's about the New Jersey schools...but can anyone tell me how that's likely to effect the crowds? I remembered to check when the school holidays here are, but forgot to look into these sorts of events!
I think we've been there twice during that time frame without much fuss. That is really the main reason we love to go in November - lower crowds & great weather.
Hmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:19 PM   #72
RobinHoodGirl
Which way to Sherwood Forest?

Since it's being slightly more confirmed I'm checking in for November 2012

We're going November 8-14 and staying at the Wilderness Lodge.

I went about the same dates in 2010 and excited to go again (not just cause my birthday falls in this week). Also I'm foreseeing this to be perhaps the second most laid back trip I've taken to WDW which is always an added bonus!
Old 11-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #73
brownielq
Earning My Ears

Nov 9 - 16 for our Honeymoon

We'll be staying at PORFQ and I'm effing stoked.

July/ Aug 1997- Polynesian & All Stars Sport
May 2003- Off site
March 2004- Off site
Nov(5-12) 2005- Off site
Nov(1-8) 2008- Off site
Jan(21-28) 2011- Caribbean Beach Resort
Nov(10-16) 2012- Honeymoon!
brownielq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #74
peachiepie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownielq View Post
Nov 9 - 16 for our Honeymoon
Congratulations!
peachiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #75
AnnieDan_Artlover
Mouseketeer

Hey, I changed my dates... again.
I updated my original post, but just to make it easier for you Archdandy, here are the new dates :

Whole trip :
Nov. 24th to Dec. 16th

WDW : Nov. 28th to Dec. 14th

(does it still count as dates in November? )
AnnieDan_Artlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: