Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #31
peachiepie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
How did you get the free dining for October 2012? I havent seen anything about it being released for then yet? I've been waiting patiently for them to This is our first time in November and I cant wait to be able to go for the Halloween and Christmas stuff!
We're English and over here they are offering free dining for all of next year if you book this year. But I guess we probably have different offers running as I've seen several people on here saying they are waiting for free dining to be announced.
peachiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #32
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachiepie View Post
We're English and over here they are offering free dining for all of next year if you book this year. But I guess we probably have different offers running as I've seen several people on here saying they are waiting for free dining to be announced.

Maybe this means they will be opening it up to the U.S. I sure hope so. Do you remember when it was first offered to you?
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #33
peachiepie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Maybe this means they will be opening it up to the U.S. I sure hope so. Do you remember when it was first offered to you?
We only started thinking about the trip last month so not sure, but it was in the holiday brouchure and the t&c's indicate that it's been running since the start of 2011 and we needed to book before November 2011 to get the deal.
It's if you book a moderate hotel you get the Counter Service Dining Plan or if you book a deluxe you get the Standard Dining Plan...although we booked a moderate (POR) and have paid the difference to upgrade to the Standard Dining Plan.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #34
Smileybug

Quote:
We only started thinking about the trip last month so not sure, but it was in the holiday brouchure and the t&c's indicate that it's been running since the start of 2011 and we needed to book before November 2011 to get the deal.
It's if you book a moderate hotel you get the Counter Service Dining Plan or if you book a deluxe you get the Standard Dining Plan...although we booked a moderate (POR) and have paid the difference to upgrade to the Standard Dining Plan.

Thank you for answering my question. I do hope you have a great time planning and an even better time on your trip.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #35
peachiepie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you for answering my question. I do hope you have a great time planning and an even better time on your trip.
Thank you! I've already started thinking about our ARD's and a MNSSHP costume...maybe I am planning a bit too far in advance?!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #36
Smileybug

Quote:
Thank you! I've already started thinking about our ARD's and a MNSSHP costume...maybe I am planning a bit too far in advance?!

You can never plan to early. Its the planning that keeps me sane while waiting on the trip. Well........there are some people that might tell you that I'm not exactly sane any time. But that's a whole other thread.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #37
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll be there Nov.24th - Dec.1st
Added you to the list!

Quote:
Ahh. Hopefully that means they will announce it here as well. I am a little worried that they wont have free dining this fall as they do every year because the free dining for this fall was extended so much. I would hate to have to pay OOP for dining

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #38
Happy Mom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant wait for Disney View Post
Our trips overlap! I love your list of DIY stuff-if only i could get DH to agree to matching shirts..sigh..it doesnt seem likely..but maybe since it's my birthday...
DH doesn't care about that stuff. He'll wear almost anything I get him, and he knows the kids will love if we all match one day.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:22 AM   #39
Smileybug

Good morning ya'll.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:52 AM   #40
peachiepie
Mouseketeer

I only realised this morning that they only have one of the waterparks open between October and March, bit sad now as was really looking forward to both of them!
Old 09-16-2011, 07:15 AM   #41
Smileybug

Quote:
Added you to the list!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Mom2 View Post
DH doesn't care about that stuff. He'll wear almost anything I get him, and he knows the kids will love if we all match one day.
I'm thinking about seeing if I can get my DH to do this one day. But it is just the two of us.

Quote:
I only realised this morning that they only have one of the waterparks open between October and March, bit sad now as was really looking forward to both of them!
It seems that I read somewhere that one is closed for maintenance. Not sure though.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #42
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was wondering this myself because we've never been to the water parks at Disney and it would have been great to go. Which one is it that is still open?

Old 09-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #43
peachiepie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I was wondering this myself because we've never been to the water parks at Disney and it would have been great to go. Which one is it that is still open?
I don't think they've announced for 2012 as yet, but apparently they are closing Blizzard Beach from 30th of October for 3 months, then it's reopening and Typhoon Lagoon is closing for 3 months.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #44
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

We'll be going in November now as well. We are going to be at WDW from 11/12-11/17, are planning at staying at the FWC.
This trip has made so many changes already. The original idea was to go in November for our oldest DS's 15th bday. I was in the hospital with him for a week before I had an emergency c-section with him at 32 weeks. When they would tell me to "calm down" I would think about one day taking him to WDW. I can think of no better place to celebrate his 15th bday. Then we moved it to May, and I made several resort changes after booking it. Tomorrow I'm going to call and change it back to November. The plan is to hurry and get to WDW to spend the week before Thanksgiving there. Then slowly come home and see some other things in FL and on the way home.
Hopefully, they will have free dining for Nov 2012 and we can upgrade it to the DlxDDP.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #45
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
We'll be going in November now as well. We are going to be at WDW from 11/12-11/17, are planning at staying at the FWC.
This trip has made so many changes already. The original idea was to go in November for our oldest DS's 15th bday. I was in the hospital with him for a week before I had an emergency c-section with him at 32 weeks. When they would tell me to "calm down" I would think about one day taking him to WDW. I can think of no better place to celebrate his 15th bday. Then we moved it to May, and I made several resort changes after booking it. Tomorrow I'm going to call and change it back to November. The plan is to hurry and get to WDW to spend the week before Thanksgiving there. Then slowly come home and see some other things in FL and on the way home.
Hopefully, they will have free dining for Nov 2012 and we can upgrade it to the DlxDDP.
I think a lot of us are hoping for the free dining I'll add you to the front page and hopefully you'll be joining us in November for sure!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: