Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #811
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Oh you started!!

I truly didn't truly have the concept of how large a cruise ship is. Wow!!

I love the pictures from Hawaii and I love the tribute to Jim.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #812
sheridee32
Mouseketeer

It looks wonderful my aunt and uncle lived in HI for a long time and my mom and aunt took my grandmother to see her when she was about 70 my mom said it was an awsome trip. Honestly that is not one of the places that I ever wanted to go its beautiful but I want to go to Alaska and to Europe. I love the ocean but I am satisfied with what is on the mainland. Looking forward to more report glad yall had fun you earned it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #813
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Oh you started!!

I truly didn't truly have the concept of how large a cruise ship is. Wow!!

I love the pictures from Hawaii and I love the tribute to Jim.
ship was big, but compared to the newer ones its pretty small!
thanks, I was able to make 3 tributes to my

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridee32 View Post
It looks wonderful my aunt and uncle lived in HI for a long time and my mom and aunt took my grandmother to see her when she was about 70 my mom said it was an awsome trip. Honestly that is not one of the places that I ever wanted to go its beautiful but I want to go to Alaska and to Europe. I love the ocean but I am satisfied with what is on the mainland. Looking forward to more report glad yall had fun you earned it.
how cool for them to live there! it was beautiful and Megan and I want to go back someday, will probably stay at Aulani or on Kauai.....did the cruise to AK in 2008, was very pretty too! Europe will wait until Megan graduates from high school, so have 6 years to safe for that!

will hope to get another post up soon....with the way the boards are so wonky today don't even want to attempt right now, ate a bunch of my posts today

Old 04-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #814
ellenbenny
DIS Veteran

Awesome start to your TR, love the pictures. My son and his girlfriend were in HI around that time Mar 25 - Apr 2. They went to Oahu and the Big Island. It looks awesome, would love to go some day! Can't wait to read more.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:39 AM   #815
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I am sorry it took so long for me get over here! With The Dis acting up yesterday - I didn't have the time to get everything done that I wanted to do.

I loved your HI pictures - it looks so lovely there. I am very anxious to see the rest of them.

As usual - I love your message to Jim in the sand. I know he was so happy to see you enjoying yourselves, and enjoying time with your family.

Quote:
check in for the cruise went pretty quickly and here we are all ready to cruise...our shirts were made by a fellow DISer cogero....thanks Chiara for our great shirts, got lots of great comments on them!

I love this picture and I love the shirts - Chiara, you did an amazing job on them!

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip Lisa... Tell me, was your cruise ship pretty large?

D~
Old 04-13-2012, 06:56 AM   #816
cogero
DIS Veteran

Hawaii is on our list of must visits but we are waiting until J is a little older.

Love how the shirts came out Lisa. Thanks for sharing the picture. I love all your pictures.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
Old 04-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #817
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenbenny View Post
Awesome start to your TR, love the pictures. My son and his girlfriend were in HI around that time Mar 25 - Apr 2. They went to Oahu and the Big Island. It looks awesome, would love to go some day! Can't wait to read more.
Hi Ellen! thanks, it was a fun trip! hope you get to visit someday! hope they had a fun trip also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I am sorry it took so long for me get over here! With The Dis acting up yesterday - I didn't have the time to get everything done that I wanted to do.

I loved your HI pictures - it looks so lovely there. I am very anxious to see the rest of them.

As usual - I love your message to Jim in the sand. I know he was so happy to see you enjoying yourselves, and enjoying time with your family.

I love this picture and I love the shirts - Chiara, you did an amazing job on them!

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip Lisa... Tell me, was your cruise ship pretty large?

D~
Finally know what you are saying, had lots of posts eaten yesterday
it was very pretty and loved having the sun and warmth
didn't she do a great job on the shirts
will try to post an update over the weekend!
actually the ship is smaller - they built it specifically for the islands only hold about 2,100 passengers and 1,000 crew but it was nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Hawaii is on our list of must visits but we are waiting until J is a little older.

Love how the shirts came out Lisa. Thanks for sharing the picture. I love all your pictures.
sure you all will love it....since you have DVC are you planning on staying at Aulani?
we loved our shirts too! thanks again for making them!

Old 04-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #818
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO furious with the DIS right now. I did a long response after I got your message that you started, and it didn't post (this has happened on other threads and to other people).

I love the start of the trip (the tribute to Jim is wonderful) and I am so looking forward to all of your pictures. We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon almost 29 years ago and I doubt we'll ever get back, so I'm enjoying seeing all of your pictures.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #819
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO furious with the DIS right now. I did a long response after I got your message that you started, and it didn't post (this has happened on other threads and to other people).

I love the start of the trip (the tribute to Jim is wonderful) and I am so looking forward to all of your pictures. We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon almost 29 years ago and I doubt we'll ever get back, so I'm enjoying seeing all of your pictures.
I know its been crazy....you showed up that you had posted, but nothing was there ....maybe you can go back for your 35th anniversary!!!

Old 04-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #820
babynala
DIS Veteran

What a great start to your trip to Hawaii. The cruise sounds amazing. It must have been nice to spend some time with your brothers. Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #821
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
What a great start to your trip to Hawaii. The cruise sounds amazing. It must have been nice to spend some time with your brothers. Can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Hi Liz, it was fun!

had an update all ready, hit POST and the boards went down so think I'm going to wait another day or two before I post another update!

Old 04-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #822
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Hawaii is so beautiful !! I'm with Chiara .. It's on my list of must do's some day.

Looking forward to your report !!

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 04-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #823
mommy2mrb

Day 2 - Maui

ok, trying to update for the third time...fingers crossed the boards co-operate!

Megan and I had a beach day planned, we ordered room service for breakfast and went to get on the bus to head for Wailea Beach!

on our way

pulling up to the beach

we got settled in with our beach chairs and umbrella and hit the ocean...the water was a bit chilly at 75 degrees

we enjoyed our time at the beach...had some yummy wraps and Hawaiian potatoe chips and relaxing in the beautiful setting...

we had 3 hours there and then headed back to the ship....we got showered and cleaned up and hit the shops and looked around a bit more before getting ready for dinner.

we ate in the Skyline restaurant again to celebrate Megan and Zach's birthdays...unfortunately we were seated right in front of the band who were extremely loud, we complained to the hostess, the head waiter and even guest services, but they refused to move us...lucky the band took a break while we were eating, but we were all fighting headaches and didn't enjoy the meal like we should of....we got out of there as quick as we could and headed out to get our family photos done

we found a spot to have the kids open up their cards/gifts and relaxed before heading to see the Aloha Polynesia show....

Old 04-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #824
mommy2mrb

the show was a bunch of different dances from the polynesian islands...was very good and entertaining!

one of the male dancers dressed up as an "auntie" and was taking out the cute hula girls

after the show it was time for bed!

Old 04-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #825
mommy2mrb

Day 3 - Maui - Lahaina

today we all went to Lahaina together...we took a free shuttle over to a mall, then the city bus....only cost us each $2.00 but had to wait an hour for the city bus.

on our way

look who we saw in the clouds

we walked around the town, looking in shops and galleries....to me this felt a bit like Key West

we had lunch at Cheeseburgers in Paradise...see key west!

walked back through town to the bus and headed back to the ship

my nephew Zach really was sick with a terrible cold, so he headed down to rest while Megan and Max hit the pool for a bit

Megan, mom and I had dinner that night in the Teppanaki restaurant, was so good - by far the best meal we had on the ship!

dang...photo bucket froze on me...will try to post more later...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: