Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2014, 01:07 AM   #1
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

Slightly OT: Broadway Across Canada

Hello! Weird question, but does anyone know of any discounts for the Beauty and the Beast Broadway Across Canada tour? It is coming to Edmonton next year and I'd love to take my DD, but the prices seem so high! Maybe it's just that I'm from the States, but it seems like the touring shows are about 1/3 to 1/2 cheaper down there!

Anyway, I'll pay the going rate if I must, but would love to get a better deal if possible. I did check MouseSavers, and they didn't have any discounts listed, but I thought all of you might know of something. Thanks!
KateDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:18 PM   #2
Fivers
Mouseketeer

It's not just you, they are much cheaper in the States! I think Alberta in particular is expensive for that type of theatre, Toronto and Vancouver are much better, but not once you've added the plane tickets to get there, lol.

I know they do discounts for group sales, but I think that's minimum 15-20 tickets or something crazy. My Mom used to be able to get somewhat discounted tickets through her social club at work, so not sure if something like that would be an option for you. Other than that, unless they're doing lotto tickets on the day of, I've never been able to find any good discounted Broadway Across Canada tickets. I would love to hear if someone else has!

One other thing, I'm not sure if you've ever been to the Jubilee in Edmonton, but it's absolutely massive! Nothing like the nice small theatres for musicals in the States. I've gotten second balcony tickets because they were all I could afford, and to be honest it really wasn't all that great. You're just so far away you miss a lot. If that's the route you're going, I would recommend investing in some inexpensive, bright binoculars, they definitely make a difference!
Fivers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

Thank you Fivers! We haven't been to the Jubilee yet, so that is good to know! We'll have to see if we can avoid the second balcony. I'm getting nervous though, because I checked the seating chart the other day, and just about everything else was sold out!

I am going to have my husband check with his work and see if they have any sort of discount available. I know they had a small discount on tickets to the Citadel, so it might be worth a try. Otherwise I guess I'll just bite the bullet!
KateDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:01 PM   #4
ABCanada
Mouseketeer

Sign up for the "Bottom Line Productions" emails and they will send you codes for Presale and discounts if there are any.
The discounts are usually earlier in the year.

There is a lot of good and reasonably priced theatre in Edmonton.
My daughter always enjoyed Freewill Shakespeare outdoors in the Heritage Amphitheatre in Hawrelak Park. They have two plays annually in the summer. One a comedy. Tickets are reasonable and there are pay what you will performances.
ABCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #5
Fivers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateDrake View Post
Thank you Fivers! We haven't been to the Jubilee yet, so that is good to know! We'll have to see if we can avoid the second balcony. I'm getting nervous though, because I checked the seating chart the other day, and just about everything else was sold out!

I am going to have my husband check with his work and see if they have any sort of discount available. I know they had a small discount on tickets to the Citadel, so it might be worth a try. Otherwise I guess I'll just bite the bullet!
Good luck finding tickets! I hope you and your daughter enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCanada View Post
Sign up for the "Bottom Line Productions" emails and they will send you codes for Presale and discounts if there are any.
The discounts are usually earlier in the year.

There is a lot of good and reasonably priced theatre in Edmonton.
My daughter always enjoyed Freewill Shakespeare outdoors in the Heritage Amphitheatre in Hawrelak Park. They have two plays annually in the summer. One a comedy. Tickets are reasonable and there are pay what you will performances.
Good to know, thanks! There is definitely tons of great theatre in both Calgary and Edmonton, it's just too bad that the big touring shows are so darn expensive!
Fivers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: