Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #106
rdkeim
Mouseketeer

Loved reading about your trip - you did a great job! Your younger son has the greatest smile!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #107
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I am so sad that your TR is over...all good things must come to an end though right? I still don't have to like it I felt so sad reading your last post, it's exactly how we all feel on that final day, and I do exactly what you did, this is our last this, and this is our last that....the whole day...drives Jasmine crazy

We don't have another trip scheduled until 2013 but Jasmine keeps checking online for deals

I am so happy that I got to know you thru your TR and I'm glad we'll still be able to chat on mine!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2011, 09:36 PM   #109
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post
I posted on Facebook and saw Pixiemama reply she was on the ME on her way here while I was sitting out there. Made me smile.
Awwww!

You're right, all good things must come to an end... but it sounds like your last night at MK was a good one! I still can't get over that view you had!

Angie is planning on taking her family back to WDW next October... in fact, we talked about it during our trip and how we should go together (her girls are a bit younger than mine, but they get along great!) I had originally told my girls we wouldn't go back until the Fantasyland expansion was complete... so when I asked them if they would want to go next year instead, they said NO! So I guess it's back to 2013 for us, too. Which will probably work out better... I really want to stay at a Deluxe, so this would give me 2 years to save instead of just one!

I noticed you updated your photo collage in your signature... love all the new pics!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 10-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #110
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Final Thoughts

All in all we had a fabulous trip, even with the rain storms, closures and a few missed rides. I am itching to go back already, although honestly, I'd really like to go just DH and I without the kids. I'm thinking they wouldn't go for that.

I applied for the Disney Moms Panel just for the heck of it, but didn't make it to the second round.

Here is the full finished collage for this 2011 trip

I have it printed on a plaque type thing. The videos are done and we've watched them and the photo book is sitting on the Fedex truck on it's way here this morning!!!

I put the trip summary video on Photobucket, it's about 4 minutes long if anyone is interested

We still missed quite a few things I wanted to do. LMA, Art of Animation, FoW (since it wasn't running both days we went to AK), Kali (again, down or crazy wait times), most of WS (at least got a few countries in), Snow White and Peter Pan (we didn't stop for either of those this trip and Snow White will be gone next time ), FOTLK, and Fantasmic (although I'm not upset about F!, not sure I care much).

I was very happy we at least got to a few countries in WS, Canada, UK, Mexico and Norway. Rode Maelstom (not sure why but I love that ride), saw Illuminations, loved Mickey's Philharmagic, ate at Pecos Bills, and I rode EE twice! Saw Wishes from every angle, and got to see Memories with Eric in it in person. That was the biggy, even if I only saw it once.

Thanks for following along and re-living it with me!

Old 10-24-2011, 11:21 AM   #111
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I just read the rest of your TR, so sad when trips end! It was a great report though, I enjoyed reading it!

We also had all of that yucky weather, but it didn't ruin our trip by any means.

I love your collage! What a great way to display your trip memories!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 10-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #112
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Love the whole collage... and your fantastic TR! Only bad thing was that we just missed the chance to meet
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 10-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #113
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

Well it's obviously time to start planning another trip! I loved reading along - I wish that our paths could have crossed - but I do love being facebook friends!
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: