Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
Earning My Ears
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 31

Mini trip report...pix to come

Hello to my Disney loving' peeps!

We returned yesterday from a magical 8 days at the World! This was my 3rd trip, DH's 2nd and our boys' 1st! Lots of incredible memories! I took over 500 pictures and wore out the battery on my camera, plus my slow as snail computer is having issues uploading pix to the PhotoPass site - so NO pictures yet. You know how the pictures are worth more than words could express!! But I will be back soon for that.

Just wanted to share a few highlights. We arrived at PopCentury Saturday morning 10/15 - gorgeous day! The weather was fabulous all week, although the mornings were a little too cool for our taste. I debated on whether or not to bring light jackets...and I ended up leaving them at home just because I figured it would warm up during the day and we would be stuck carrying our coats around the parks.

The week before our trip I caught DS's strep throat virus. Boo. Started taking an antibiotic and turns out I am allergic to it! My face, neck and chest were covered in a pretty ugly pimply rash. I was so embarrassed, but didn't care. We were at Disney and I wasn't going to let it pull me out of the clouds! However taking Benedaryl all day everyday was slowing me down quite a bit. 3 days into the trip, being drugged up on Benadryl and headache medicine...picture this, me trying to feel the 'magic' while walking around half-asleep all day....not ideal. It was then I realized I had a sinus infection in the makings as well. I ended up going to the nearby urgent care center and was prescribed an antibiotic (crossing fingers I'm not allergic to it too!). And by the next day I felt 100% again! Yay!!!

The first few days we pushed really hard getting a lot done. And I was amazed at how much we manged to accomplish without falling apart from exhaustion! Saturday, we started the day at AK and got our Dinoland on. Dinosaur was wild and LOUD. DS6 was feeling adventurous wanted to ride EE...he cried during the whole thing. boo! Then we ended the first night with the F! dinner pkg at H&V. The show was breathtaking! The food at H&V...blah!!! I only chose H&V because it was buffet, I thought the kids would get a varied selection and it would be quick so we wouldn't have to 'wait' on food to be ordered. Next time we are going with Mama Melrose!

Sunday we spent all day at MK! Wonderful wonderful day for that park! We waited no longer than 20 minutes for any ride. And got a TON of stuff done! In no particular order: Pirates, Jungle Cruise, PeterPan, Pooh, Dumbo, Carousel, SmallWorld, BTMR, Splash, Buzz, PeopleMover, ate ice cream and watched Celebrate Parade, met Mickey, Train, and more! Awesomely perfect day! And got back to the room by 7 pm!

Monday was Epcot day and we arrived first thing and stayed all the way through until Illuminations. Again, we got so much done in one day! We thought we got a pretty good seat for Illuminations. I can't describe exactly where it was - close to Canada - along the guardrail of the lake where a sidewalk with benches leads to a viewing spot. Next time we will choose a spot further from the water's edge. We were pelted with firework shrapnel that left stains on our skin, but it eventually washed out. Not that I'm complaining...just speaking in hindsight We had lunch at the Cantina....for future reference - don't eat the colored tortilla chips. They're good going down, but make a color change somewhere along the way! lol! sorry if TMI. I had a near freak-out experience over that one. Enough said. We also had dinner at the QS place in the American pavillion. Liberty Inn? DS's hamburger was pink and unedible. Never again. Note to self: get the deluxe dining plan next time! The kids meals did not have enough options! Kids can only eat so much burgers, mystery meat nuggets and fries!

Tuesday ....hmmmm. I think this was the day I went to the doctor. The kids and DH stayed the morning in the resort room doing homework while I went to the m.d. That afternoon we went to DTD for lunch at Cooks of Dublin (yum!!) and a little DisneyQuest. Then Casey's Corner & MNSSHP that evening. With a little RAIN. Yes, the ONE day it rained on us was the party night. We took ponchos, and hoped to not have to wear them. Ended up putting them on (hateful things!) and by the time we all had our ponchos on it would stop raining. Then we would take them off. Then by that time it was drizzling again. We gave up. No ponchos and wandered around in the drizzle. We still had a spooky good time. My hair being the especially spooky part! We got great seats for the BtY parade on the mercantile side of the road in Frontierland. Watched the fireworks from the bridge going to Tomorrowland. Great candy! Lots of fun! Hope to go back again in the years to come!

Wednesday we spent the morning at Pop, the boys swimming and me being lazy poolside (although colder after the rain) and I also got a little laundry done. Then we headed out to MK for the MSE-parade (beautiful! although crazy crowded!) and Wishes! We watched Wishes from the AAA viewing area in the lower Plaza area. It was a great spot and so good to have a comfortable seat!

Thursday we went back to Epcot to get our final Test Track and Soarin fixes. The boys rode Test Track 3 times in a row and I got FPs for Soarin and we rode it twice that day. We had lunch at the Cantina again (my theory was right...it definitely WAS the colored tortillas!) For dinner we indulged at Boulangerie Patisserie (oh yeah!) and snacked on popcorn later .

Friday was a morning at HS & evening at MK. HS was a mad house! Stood in line for an hour at 9:30 am for Toy Story Mania...although it was totally worth it! That was the only time we got to ride it but it was so much fun! Way better than Buzz at MK! Went on the Backlot tour. Someone should have warned me it was a waste of time. Would have rather stood in line for TSM again! Then the evening at MK was interesting! Got a FP for SpaceMt. Went and stood in line for an hour at BTMR (kids favorite!) went back for Space and it was shut down Thought we would ride PeopleMover to pass the time (we love that ride!) but it was shut down! Grabbed a FP for Buzz, then headed over to the TikiRoom because we hadn't seen that yet....and it shut down while we waited in line for 15 minutes! argh! At that point we went to eat dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Yum, yum and more yum! What more can I say?? We are now full as a tick, but head over to Buzz (yes! It's not shut down!) But while we are riding, it breaks down and gets stuck! Yes! We racked up tons of points! I had over 200,000 and DH had over 400,000! Awesome! Then we went back to Space Mt and it was open so we FPed through it and DH & DS6 rode it for the 1st time and loved it! Perfect way to end the night...we rode People mover a few times in a row. So relaxing. Headed back to the room early to pack and rest.

Saturday we explored AK a little more - rode the safari and saw some wild animals, then headed to DTD for TRex cafe (the boys loved it, but by that point in our trip I was already overstimulated with sights, people and noise enough as it was) then we surprised the boys with the best souvenir yet...going to RideMakerz at Team Mickey! They LOVED it! Also used our 16 leftover snack credits at Goofy's Candy Co. Awesomeness.

I have so many kudos and very few complaints. We are totally mesmerized by Disney! It was a fabulous trip - almost like a dream! Although coming back home was very welcomed...we missed our comfy beds! (Pop beds are hard as a rock and so little!) We missed our fur-babies (a.k.a. cat & dog) so much that we dreamed about them at night during our trip. I still have to look at our pictures over and over to really grasp how many truly wonderful memories we made! I am trying to upload pix to Disney's PhotoPass site but it is a daunting task. I only got 15 uploaded when my fully charged camera battery died out. I probably could have had them uploaded while I was at Disney with their camera services there, but I didn't think about it. I don't know if I can get all my pix uploaded in the next 30 days! I really want to make one of those memory books! I may end up taking my memory stick to WalMart and getting prints made and just putting them in an old fashioned photo album. But I'll definitely get some uploaded here on the boards this week. Just had to share our Disney experience! I'm not too good with words so this post really doesn't do it justice.
BelleQ is offline  

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.