Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #121
tric8783
DIS Veteran
 
tric8783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Middletown, CT
Posts: 985

So after emailing with Maxine, we have now switched our DP at the GF Marina over to Epcot at UK, she put a hold for us on the Upper Terrace and Lochside. Granted I have been to the world probably 40 or 50 times and likely walked by this so many times, I have no idea specifically where it is. I imagine it's either between the UK and Canada, or near Rose and Crown? I'm sure someone here knows hopefully?

We're still debating if we'll be able to invite everyone, or just the wedding party, or if we'll rent the float boats instead and go into Epcot to see the fireworks that way (which she said is through recreation and completely different). A part of me really wants a pre-rsvp and asking if people expect to come in on Friday or not. But at this point I know that's not something I can do, we are about to send our STD's (hoping we get a good picture from our e-pics next week) and then invitations will go out in what, mid to late January? I'll have to check the timelines on this but I feel like we should know our numbers by March so invites I assume would go out late Jan, early Feb?? Can you tell I really like to plan ahead and it's killing me that I can't??? :

I also asked Maxine in my reply back if we'll be able to stick signs in the ground, like a "leave your shoes and dig your toes in the sand' for the shoe check at the beach, then I've been eyeing an 'Eat, drink & be married' sign for cocktail hour. I'd also like to get 'Happily ever after starts here'' for the reception, but since we're in the ballroom I'm not sure where we'd put it , unless we could put a bucket of sand or something inside with the sign in it. We'll see what she says! Anyone else use signs like this or were you told no?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
__________________
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #122
disney-a-holic
Mouseketeer
 
disney-a-holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: uk
Posts: 224

Congratulations on your disney wedding!!

everything looks and sounds amazing!!!

Loveing the act that you will be having your Dp at UK pavillion!! As i am from the UK!!

I look forward to following all your planning - you and your man make a cute couple!!!
__________________

DEC 06 ~ PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE ~ 1ST TRIP
OCT 08 ~ ALL STAR MUSIC

OCT 10 ~ MICKEYS WATERSONG VILLA FOR 3 WEEKS
disney-a-holic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-15-2011, 01:32 PM   #123
tric8783
DIS Veteran
 
tric8783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Middletown, CT
Posts: 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-a-holic View Post
Congratulations on your disney wedding!!

everything looks and sounds amazing!!!

Loveing the act that you will be having your Dp at UK pavillion!! As i am from the UK!!

I look forward to following all your planning - you and your man make a cute couple!!!
Thanks so much!!! I really hope we will be able to keep the DP, as I have a major sweet tooth and I think it's a great way to welcome everyone and thank them for coming to celebrate with us!!
__________________
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #124
jlocmac
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 629

Love reading about your PS. Since we had an Escape wedding, we didn't have one. It sounds like you guys had a blast!!

I really like all of your ideas for the wedding. I think the umbrellas and stuff are a very good idea for the beach. Our wedding was just last month, but it was SOOOOO hot!! I couldn't believe it. As the day went on, it just got hotter. So the fans and umbrellas will really help your guests out. Plus the shoe check and sandals idea is great!!

I hope you get to have the DP. We didn't have one. We thought about it, but then decided against it. I kind of wish we had now, but oh well. It didn't make or break my wedding trip. That's for sure! But me and the DH did the Tomorrowland Fireworks DP on our honeymoon. It was a blast!!!

Can't wait to read more!!
__________________
jlocmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #125
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer
 
CDsSleepingBeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
Thanks!! I am really looking forward to seeing this "vision" of mine pan out!! We have our floral director assigned, I can shoot her an email and ask her the price if you want to know before then! My BM's and I will be wearing our heels from the BC out to the sand, then taking them off and walking up the aisle barefoot. DF said he wants to just keep his shoes since they will be in their suits, I told him he runs whatever the boys do, so that's up to him! We decided we're going to just write the ceremony is at the BC Resort and not specify the beach so that the shoe check can be a cute little surprise. I'm sure people will figure it out and talk about it before the wedding but I decided I'm going to buy smaller quantities of flip flops and parasols rather than spending a lot for stuff people may or may not use!!

I found our parasols online from lunabazaar.com, they are between 5.50 and 7.95 each depending how many you get. I am also getting our fans from navyandlavender.com, for 1.08 each (and they look like they are nice quality). I found both vendors in the back of a wedding magazine on a list of "100 websites you need to know about"
Thanks for the links!! Those are great prices! If you don't mind sending her an email, I am curious as to what the price is for one of those canopies. I'm sure I've been driving my planner crazy with emails asking about prices , but we want to go to our PS knowing what we can afford so we don't have to scratch as much off later.

I love how you're using the shoe check as a surprise! That's such a cute idea!
__________________
CDsSleepingBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #126
tric8783
DIS Veteran
 
tric8783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Middletown, CT
Posts: 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlocmac View Post
Love reading about your PS. Since we had an Escape wedding, we didn't have one. It sounds like you guys had a blast!!

I really like all of your ideas for the wedding. I think the umbrellas and stuff are a very good idea for the beach. Our wedding was just last month, but it was SOOOOO hot!! I couldn't believe it. As the day went on, it just got hotter. So the fans and umbrellas will really help your guests out. Plus the shoe check and sandals idea is great!!

I hope you get to have the DP. We didn't have one. We thought about it, but then decided against it. I kind of wish we had now, but oh well. It didn't make or break my wedding trip. That's for sure! But me and the DH did the Tomorrowland Fireworks DP on our honeymoon. It was a blast!!!

Can't wait to read more!!

Thanks so much for following along!! I'm hoping it won't be too hot, but we're hoping to keep our ceremony short just in case! I'm really crossing my fingers we get to keep the DP too!!
__________________
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #127
tric8783
DIS Veteran
 
tric8783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Middletown, CT
Posts: 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsSleepingBeauty View Post
Thanks for the links!! Those are great prices! If you don't mind sending her an email, I am curious as to what the price is for one of those canopies. I'm sure I've been driving my planner crazy with emails asking about prices , but we want to go to our PS knowing what we can afford so we don't have to scratch as much off later.

I love how you're using the shoe check as a surprise! That's such a cute idea!
No problem! I have gotten so much useful information from here, I thought I'd try and pass along as much as possible! : I did go ahead and email our floral planner, Laura. I will let you know when she responds!! I actually sent her a lengthy email that I didn't plan on, so she might take a few days to respond, but I will definitely check in once she does!!
__________________
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #128
Ash8716
Disney Maniac
 
Ash8716's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somes, CT
Posts: 411

I love that you changed the DP to EPCOT officially. I think this will be better since you will actually be up close for the fireworks rather than listening to music on loud speakers! It's funny you say you don't know where the terrace is at the UK pavilion. When we booked France I couldn't picture ours either. I have to EPCOT so many times but I guess there are a lot of things you don't pay attention to until you are planning a wedding. We had the same struggle you had trying to decide who to invite to the DP. At first we were going to do it just for immediate family and wedding party but then after a lot of thought decided since we aren't doing a brunch and since our guests were traveling so far we would try to work it into our budget to invite everyone. Whatever way you decide you will have so much fun!!

BTW I can't wait to see your engagement photos. Do you know where you doing them yet? Whose your photographer?

Oh and I love your leave your shoes sign So much fun!
__________________
Ash8716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #129
JenKatt
Geek in training
 
JenKatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Apollo Beach, Fl
Posts: 2,120

You have passed the upper terrace lockside at the UK many times. The easiest way to think about it is like this: when you come through the International Gateway from the Epcot hotels and go up the bridge that crosses into France, if you were to instead go down the UK side, it's right there. It's almost never busy, it's right next to the Rose and Crown and the fish and chip shop. If you know where the boats line up for the illuminations cruises, it's the other terrace opposite france along the bridge.
__________________
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page." (St. Augustine)




JenKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #130
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Posts: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
my dress! (i still have to go back and order but I am sure this is the one!) and my FSIL is holding up a hair broach we are going to have sewn on for some added bling!
Hey!!! Loving your dress, very beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my PJ and leaving such sweet comments. I have been out of commission for a while because it has been crazy busy these last few weeks. We had our
engagement party this last weekend and on Sunday went to try on dresses with my bridal party. I found my dress!! Isn't it an amazing feeling? Did you cry when you put it on? I didn't at first but my whole group started to and I couldn't help it. Again, your dress is so pretty and you look stunning! I love your chosen venues, you are correct, that whole area is just incredible. I had never been to the boardwalk, nor the beach or yacht club. What a beautiful part of WDW! Congrats to you my dear, I wish you both all best!
__________________
CourtenayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:37 AM   #131
tric8783
DIS Veteran
 
tric8783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Middletown, CT
Posts: 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash8716 View Post
I love that you changed the DP to EPCOT officially. I think this will be better since you will actually be up close for the fireworks rather than listening to music on loud speakers! It's funny you say you don't know where the terrace is at the UK pavilion. When we booked France I couldn't picture ours either. I have to EPCOT so many times but I guess there are a lot of things you don't pay attention to until you are planning a wedding. We had the same struggle you had trying to decide who to invite to the DP. At first we were going to do it just for immediate family and wedding party but then after a lot of thought decided since we aren't doing a brunch and since our guests were traveling so far we would try to work it into our budget to invite everyone. Whatever way you decide you will have so much fun!!

BTW I can't wait to see your engagement photos. Do you know where you doing them yet? Whose your photographer?

Oh and I love your leave your shoes sign So much fun!
Thanks Ashley!! I am prettttty excited we are holding the space and crossing my fingers and toes it will work! I feel like since we're asking everyone to come down there, it's not like a normal wedding and I feel like we need to do things for everyone (so far between my DF, mom and I, I'm the only one whoe thinks so). I also really want to do a Farewell breakfast or brunch on Sunday, but of course I want to plan things like we're millionnaires. hahaha Once we get our BEO and can see where we are and if we have any room, I'll be able to make some more decisions I think. I'm also thinking of maybe doing a continental type farewell in the Attic at the Boardwalk maybe as a come as you wish, leave it open for a few hours but not a set time. I'm not sure! Are you doing anything farewell?

I am so excited for our e-pics! 2 days! We are using Justin & Mary Marantz, justinmarantz.com, we set up the day and time awhile ago but didn't discuss the details yet, I'm waiting to hear back from them for a location. I really wanted to go down to New London after seeing your pics but we are meeting them at 5:30 Friday to get the lighting, so I can only imagine the traffic at 5pm on a Friday, we'd have to leave work early! haha Right now I am thinking we are going to do them at an orchard that is close to where we live, but I'm waiting to hear back from Mary to see if that works. Fingers crossed!!
__________________
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:40 AM   #132
tric8783
DIS Veteran
 
tric8783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Middletown, CT
Posts: 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenKatt View Post
You have passed the upper terrace lockside at the UK many times. The easiest way to think about it is like this: when you come through the International Gateway from the Epcot hotels and go up the bridge that crosses into France, if you were to instead go down the UK side, it's right there. It's almost never busy, it's right next to the Rose and Crown and the fish and chip shop. If you know where the boats line up for the illuminations cruises, it's the other terrace opposite france along the bridge.
Thanks!! I'm not going to lie, I'm still confused I think you're saying it's either to the left of Rose & Crown (it is closer to Canada than France), or it's closer to France once you cross the bridge. Either way I think it's a pretty good view of Illuminations so I'm happy with either one!!
__________________
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #133
tric8783
DIS Veteran
 
tric8783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Middletown, CT
Posts: 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtenayB View Post
Hey!!! Loving your dress, very beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my PJ and leaving such sweet comments. I have been out of commission for a while because it has been crazy busy these last few weeks. We had our
engagement party this last weekend and on Sunday went to try on dresses with my bridal party. I found my dress!! Isn't it an amazing feeling? Did you cry when you put it on? I didn't at first but my whole group started to and I couldn't help it. Again, your dress is so pretty and you look stunning! I love your chosen venues, you are correct, that whole area is just incredible. I had never been to the boardwalk, nor the beach or yacht club. What a beautiful part of WDW! Congrats to you my dear, I wish you both all best!
Thanks so much!! So exciting you had your e-party and found your dress!! I didn't cry with my dress, no one in my group did either (haha) but after I took it off I knew I'd be back to order it, and didn't even want to try on anymore. When I did go back and order it I loved it even more! Can't wait to see my actual dress come in, see how it will bustle (I've been told it will bustle on the side to keep the lines) and get the bling sewn on too! Yippee!! Thanks so much for your sweet words, best to you too!!
__________________
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #134
JenKatt
Geek in training
 
JenKatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Apollo Beach, Fl
Posts: 2,120

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
Thanks!! I'm not going to lie, I'm still confused I think you're saying it's either to the left of Rose & Crown (it is closer to Canada than France), or it's closer to France once you cross the bridge. Either way I think it's a pretty good view of Illuminations so I'm happy with either one!!
I knew it sounded confusing. I'm at work so I can't make a map to show you. But if you look at this link you can see where it is. It's the area outlined in red with the Rose & Crown next to it and France right across the bridge.
__________________
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page." (St. Augustine)




JenKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #135
tric8783
DIS Veteran
 
tric8783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Middletown, CT
Posts: 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenKatt View Post
I knew it sounded confusing. I'm at work so I can't make a map to show you. But if you look at this link you can see where it is. It's the area outlined in red with the Rose & Crown next to it and France right across the bridge.
Oh that looks great! Thank you soo much! I feel like I had no idea there was so much room over there, now I am even more excited!
__________________
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: