Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #106
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

Everything looks delicious!!! I'm happy u got what u want
I'm not sure if u were thinking of me but THANK U SO MUCH 4 getting pics of the WP beaches on both sides Now i have a better idea of where we can take our pics at...
Old 10-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #107
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Maxine did say we could have a ceremony in the 1/2 round on the beach as well, so we'll be doing that too. I had picked Disney Instrumental songs to walk down the aisle and assumed we would just play the CD of them. We want the ceremony to feel very intimate, do not want it to be a big production, so to our surprise, we can get a guitar, harp, etc, for less than a sound system. She told us if we dont want to have microphones we really shouldn't get the sound system. My mom really wants a violin to keep it traditional(?) she was really starting to get under DF and I's skin with her comments at this point. She also made several digs about the ceremony not being Catholic, which Maxine or Laura could do nothing about.

So we told her right now likely we want an acoustic guitar. She told us he could walk and play with everyone behind him over to cocktail hour, which DF thought was the coolest idea ever. (As long as they're good! lol)

As of now, DF's grandmother and both sets of parents will walk in to the instrumental of "Can you feel the love tonight" (Lion King), he BMs will come in to "Someday my prince will come" (Snow White) and I'm coming in to "So This is Love" (Cinderella). We'll see how these sound on a guitar and go from there. Anyone else have the acoustic guitar??

For cocktail hour, the plan is for the white linens provided by the hotel, with a silver wrap/tie to give them an hour glass shape, and a single vase with a peony bud (or similar flower once price comes in) floating in them.

We figured we'd keep this pretty simple since the setting and food itself are really enough!

For reception, they gave us the ok for the votive placecards (as long as the votive is battery and not a real flame, which works), We are going to color coordinate the ribbon colors on them with the food and give Maxine a master list also. DF's niece is 12 so she doesnt classify as a "child" 3-9, but there is no way she's going to eat a 5 course meal. Maxine told us to just put her down as a child and they'll get her a kids meal- great!

I also asked about paper lanterns over the dance floor or swagging, swagging she said was about $2500 or $2800 I think she said, and the lanterns are about $1000. We'll see how the budget comes out - we don't have any transportation and photographer is already being paid for outside of the BEO, so we'll see how close we can come to the 20k.

Oh another side note-- we have drinkers, and DFs family is particular about their Vodka. To get them what they want (Absolut) we'd need the signature package, but really dont care about the other liquor. Maxine told us we can purchase the lowest liquor package and take out other liquors to add in the absolut, without having to upgrade to the higher package completely. DFs parents are paying for the open bar, so I'm sure they'll be happy about that.

We did get shot down on sparklers, she told us if we want to do them off our balcony on our own time, she won't say anything about it, but it can't be organized at the end of the wedding. Oh well, I was expecting that!!

The day went by so quick I forgot to ask about TTD, so that'll be a later email. She kept saying in Disney time we have so long, which I guess is a good thing, but I need to go with it, right now I'm sort of stressed we don't have everything set like a wedding at home would be already.

Oh and, for getting ready- we are moving over to the Beach Club now for our stay, (DF and I) and we can rent a conference room at the Yacht Club with a $500 F&B minimum. She said if two weeks prior to the wedding it's not booked, we can use it for free (not have to spend $500 on food etc). I picked up an Earl of Sandwich catering menu and would really like to use them rather than pay $500 for lunch, so fingers crossed no one wants the conference rooms!!

If anyone has questions let me know, I'm sure I forgot a lot as I'm sitting here trying to think of what else we went over!

Next up - rehearsal dinner and Welcome DP
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #108
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
AH! Shipwreck Beach is amazing! Congrats!! So happy the PS is going well!

Your plan sounds amazing.

Don't give up on the Buttons! Try Guest Relations at MK!

So glad you could give us an update!! Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Thanks!! We are beyond excited!!
One of the mgrs at the GF recommended asking my planner for the pins, so I'm going to try that!
Old 10-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #109
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsSleepingBeauty View Post
I'm glad to see that someone else is getting married on Shipwreck Beach. We're having our wedding there two days after you! Hopefully, we'll have nice weather. I can't wait to read more of your PJ!

Yes! You were my inspiration to ask again, and I'm so glad we did!!
What are you doing for your decor on the beach? I saw you were looking for a tropical band or trio?
Definitely hope we both have nice weather!!
Old 10-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #110
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
Everything looks delicious!!! I'm happy u got what u want
I'm not sure if u were thinking of me but THANK U SO MUCH 4 getting pics of the WP beaches on both sides Now i have a better idea of where we can take our pics at...
Thanks! We are happy too and the food was seriously amazing! (Did I say that before? )

Yes I was thinking of you!! We didn't ride the monorail during the day time, just to dinner at Ohana and Kona a few nights when it was too dark to see! But hopefully you can get a good idea from the pics- def the beach on the poly side seems secluded and perfect for pics or a ceremony. I don't think you can walk on the beach at all on the GF side, that wall is right along the sidewalk and theres no space to get around it that I saw. I assume the stakes might be where they are either puting the building, or where they are extending the land out.

Maxine did comment also basically confirming it is a DVC hotel, I'm not sure if the announcement has gone out yet but . She did make a good point, she said if your neighbor decides to go build a shed or addition on their house, they dont tell you or ask you first, they just do it. She said thats basically what happened with them, the whole wedding business doesnt really understand why they're doing it but obviously they have no say. With no building up yet and just the walls I wouldn't freak at all, but I cant even picture how it will look with another building right there. My fam has been going to Disney since I was little and I remember staying at the Poly before the GF was even built (and we have pics of it being built). I'm sure in the end, it will look like it has always been there!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #111
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Soo for our rehearsal dinner and DP,
right now we are planning to have the rehearsal dinner at Ohana (as long as we can get in), Maxine said with 30 people they will want us to either to go to first seating at 5pm or last seating around 9pm. So we're hoping to go at 5, have rehearsal at 3:30pm, then the DP as a Welcome Party after.

Sooo, with everything over at the BW/BC area, DF thought we should keep the rehearsal dinner there too and cut out the DP altogether. Then we started talking about maybe renting the boats at YC and taking over the wedding party only into Illuminations. Then I thought about renting boats and bringing in everyone that was there Friday night (but we'd need lke 6 boats).
Then the more we went into Epcot for F&W Festival, I saw DP's there and how nice they looked and how cool it would be to bring everyone in VIP.

So we took a day and walked around BW, BC, YC, Swan and Dolphin looking for a restaurant to keep the rehearsal dinner in the area.
DF loved Todd English's Blue Zoo at the Dolphin,

and we also liked Shula's in the Dolphin

DF decided we'd go with Blue Zoo and I secretly wanted to keep it at Ohana. Thankfully, we had a reservation for our last night at Ohana, and headed over. We had a table on the aisle right where they do the limbo, and I said, "Wouldnt it be so fun to have it here???" As the food kept coming and was amazing as always, he finally said we couldnt have it anywhere else, yay!

Now the DP. I'm thinking we'll get a van to bring the wedding party to dinner at Ohana and bring us back to the BW, then we'll either go into Epcot or rent the boats and see Illuminations. The more I read about DPs at the GF Marina the more I'm not so sure. You're viewing it from outside the park, if you pay to have the sound piped in, other guests staying or who just happen to be at the GF, will stop and gather to hear, etc. I just dont know I'm not sure what to do! I guess we have time to figure out who will really be in town Friday night and who will want to come and see how many people we are talking. Anyone know (I'm sure there are a few of you that do ) what the minimum is for the Epcot DP off the top of their head?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #112
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

I was so excited to your read your update after the planning session. Sounds like you guys had an awesome time and got so many things accomplished. I love that you changed the ceremony and are now doing it at Shipwreck Beach. I love that location we wanted to do our welcome party their originally. Cocktail at Sea Breeze point is so cool too, I guess thats the advantage of not having a December wedding, you can do more things outside! All your plans sound beautiful, I can't wait to see it all come together! You must be getting so excited, the planning session makes things seem more real.

Thanks for the pictures of the construction at the Wedding Pavilion! We are doing a welcome party for Illuminations so i can't give you my number won't be accurate but I believe it is $250 to rent a portion of the France area and then $2500 food/bev minimum. Then it is $12.95pp for anyone who does not have a park pass that day. I will see if I can find my original quote when we were only doing a DP and let you know.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #113
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash8716 View Post
I was so excited to your read your update after the planning session. Sounds like you guys had an awesome time and got so many things accomplished. I love that you changed the ceremony and are now doing it at Shipwreck Beach. I love that location we wanted to do our welcome party their originally. Cocktail at Sea Breeze point is so cool too, I guess thats the advantage of not having a December wedding, you can do more things outside! All your plans sound beautiful, I can't wait to see it all come together! You must be getting so excited, the planning session makes things seem more real.

Thanks for the pictures of the construction at the Wedding Pavilion! We are doing a welcome party for Illuminations so i can't give you my number won't be accurate but I believe it is $250 to rent a portion of the France area and then $2500 food/bev minimum. Then it is $12.95pp for anyone who does not have a park pass that day. I will see if I can find my original quote when we were only doing a DP and let you know.
Thanks so much, yes we are so excited!! No problemo on the pictures! Our DP is sort of a welcome party I think, we're not really sure just yet. haha Are you serving a meal, etc? We def don't want to serve a meal (we're feeding the WP then I think asking everyone to meet us afterward), but we're even thinking maybe drinks and just mickey bars or something, I'm not sure really! Hopefully it all comes together, I'm enjoying following along with your plans too!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #114
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
Yes! You were my inspiration to ask again, and I'm so glad we did!!
What are you doing for your decor on the beach? I saw you were looking for a tropical band or trio?
Definitely hope we both have nice weather!!
I'm happy you got it! I'm actually surprised it's not a more popular ceremony location.

I haven't gotten prices back yet, but we would like to have the tropical ensemble for our ceremony if they're not too expensive. We're also considering the violinist or guitarist.

We want to keep our ceremony decor pretty simple. I think we're going to have aqua blue tulle with a starfish tied on each end-chair. I'm going to have them scatter hot pink rose petals, and we'd like a small canopy with aqua blue and white tulle, but we won't be able to get an estimate until our planning session in December. If it costs what I think it might, we probably won't be having a canopy. Have you decided what you're doing for ceremony decor?
Old 10-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #115
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm happy you got it! I'm actually surprised it's not a more popular ceremony location.

I haven't gotten prices back yet, but we would like to have the tropical ensemble for our ceremony if they're not too expensive. We're also considering the violinist or guitarist.

We want to keep our ceremony decor pretty simple. I think we're going to have aqua blue tulle with a starfish tied on each end-chair. I'm going to have them scatter hot pink rose petals, and we'd like a small canopy with aqua blue and white tulle, but we won't be able to get an estimate until our planning session in December. If it costs what I think it might, we probably won't be having a canopy. Have you decided what you're doing for ceremony decor?

Well, we'll (hopefully) get our BEO before December so you can get some sort of idea for a few things from what we're doing if you want!
Maxine told us to bring the sound system to the beach would be about $800, and to have an acoustic guitarist would be about $500. She said he/she could go over to cocktail hour also. My mom requested the violin so I assume we'll get that on the BEO too and then cross it off. Your decor sounds pretty and very with your theme! I really hadn't planned anything beach-y before we knew we could do it on the beach, so we don't really have anything mixed in (shells, starfish, etc). Right now, I am going to do a shoe check, provide flip flops and parasols for guests, then place a fan and program at everyones seats. If you look back through my pics, we asked for ribbons on the sides of the chairs, and flower petals swirled in a pattern down the aisle. DF mentioned liking the canopy, but I can only imagine what it would cost and since the ceremony for us is only going to be about 20 min, I didnt even ask about it- Maybe we'd both be pleasantly surprised! Oh we're also having a hi-boy table to do a sand ceremony behind us or off to the side, and my latest idea is to have a memorial candle in a hurricane glass before the aisle. Not quite sure how I'm going to get all this stuff down there since we're flying but should be a good time!!! hahaha

Maxine could not stress to me more that we were going to need to provide fans, parasols, etc for guests that is was going to be hot for guests even for 20 minutes. I guess if she's wrong at least it will add a few nice touches
but be prepared for your planner to say the same to you, I hadn't thought about that before, figured it was short they'd be fine.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:11 AM   #116
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Our first guest booked their room today at the Beach Club!!!
I am so excited!! (Besides us and my parents of course, we booked through DVC already)

I've written down all my lists of things we want and that I'll need to get, etc.
And I got amazing templates and sites for welcome boxes from Nichole that I am pumped to start working on. Makes this rainy gloomy day here in CT a little bit better! My BM's are all ordering their dresses this week too, yay!
Old 10-13-2011, 11:28 AM   #117
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Great progress!!

It's so exciting that someone has booked for your wedding-- makes it seem more real!
Old 10-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #118
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post

Well, we'll (hopefully) get our BEO before December so you can get some sort of idea for a few things from what we're doing if you want!
Maxine told us to bring the sound system to the beach would be about $800, and to have an acoustic guitarist would be about $500. She said he/she could go over to cocktail hour also. My mom requested the violin so I assume we'll get that on the BEO too and then cross it off. Your decor sounds pretty and very with your theme! I really hadn't planned anything beach-y before we knew we could do it on the beach, so we don't really have anything mixed in (shells, starfish, etc). Right now, I am going to do a shoe check, provide flip flops and parasols for guests, then place a fan and program at everyones seats. If you look back through my pics, we asked for ribbons on the sides of the chairs, and flower petals swirled in a pattern down the aisle. DF mentioned liking the canopy, but I can only imagine what it would cost and since the ceremony for us is only going to be about 20 min, I didnt even ask about it- Maybe we'd both be pleasantly surprised! Oh we're also having a hi-boy table to do a sand ceremony behind us or off to the side, and my latest idea is to have a memorial candle in a hurricane glass before the aisle. Not quite sure how I'm going to get all this stuff down there since we're flying but should be a good time!!! hahaha

Maxine could not stress to me more that we were going to need to provide fans, parasols, etc for guests that is was going to be hot for guests even for 20 minutes. I guess if she's wrong at least it will add a few nice touches
but be prepared for your planner to say the same to you, I hadn't thought about that before, figured it was short they'd be fine.
Thanks! We have a lot of ideas for what we want, but it seems so hard to get prices for everything. I feel like I'm constantly emailing my planner for prices alone. Your decor sounds like it will be absolutely beautiful! I love the flower petals swirled like that!

We've decided to go with either the guitarist or violinist. I asked my planner about canopy prices, but she said that's something I would have to ask the florist. Our planning session is early in December, so I will be sure to ask and let you know what she says.

Since we're only having about 30 guests (mostly family), we've just told everyone that our wedding will be on the beach so they will want to avoid high heels, etc. DF and I, as well as our wedding party are going to go barefoot on the beach.

Our ceremony is going to be about the same length as yours, so I figured our guests would be fine, too. Hopefully, we won't have record heat at that time of year. I really like your fan/parasol idea. We're going to have to consider that now.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #119
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Great progress!!

It's so exciting that someone has booked for your wedding-- makes it seem more real!
Yes! I agree!! I had another girlfriend from college email me saying she is booking also at the BC! It gets me so excited and my wheels spinning for everyone to meet up outside of the actual wedding activities!!
Old 10-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #120
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! We have a lot of ideas for what we want, but it seems so hard to get prices for everything. I feel like I'm constantly emailing my planner for prices alone. Your decor sounds like it will be absolutely beautiful! I love the flower petals swirled like that!

We've decided to go with either the guitarist or violinist. I asked my planner about canopy prices, but she said that's something I would have to ask the florist. Our planning session is early in December, so I will be sure to ask and let you know what she says.

Since we're only having about 30 guests (mostly family), we've just told everyone that our wedding will be on the beach so they will want to avoid high heels, etc. DF and I, as well as our wedding party are going to go barefoot on the beach.

Our ceremony is going to be about the same length as yours, so I figured our guests would be fine, too. Hopefully, we won't have record heat at that time of year. I really like your fan/parasol idea. We're going to have to consider that now.
Thanks!! I am really looking forward to seeing this "vision" of mine pan out!! We have our floral director assigned, I can shoot her an email and ask her the price if you want to know before then! My BM's and I will be wearing our heels from the BC out to the sand, then taking them off and walking up the aisle barefoot. DF said he wants to just keep his shoes since they will be in their suits, I told him he runs whatever the boys do, so that's up to him! We decided we're going to just write the ceremony is at the BC Resort and not specify the beach so that the shoe check can be a cute little surprise. I'm sure people will figure it out and talk about it before the wedding but I decided I'm going to buy smaller quantities of flip flops and parasols rather than spending a lot for stuff people may or may not use!!

I found our parasols online from lunabazaar.com, they are between 5.50 and 7.95 each depending how many you get. I am also getting our fans from navyandlavender.com, for 1.08 each (and they look like they are nice quality). I found both vendors in the back of a wedding magazine on a list of "100 websites you need to know about"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: