Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2011, 07:36 AM   #91
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
It must be a whole east coast thing I live 5 mins from MK and right now it says that on Sat its supposed to be a high of 86 and on Sunday a high of 81! That's definitely cooler than normal!
I'll take 86 and 81 gladly!! Only a few more days til we're down there, yipee!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 07:38 AM   #92
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash8716 View Post
Looks like you had a great engagement party! Im glad the weather turned out good for you The flower girl and ring bearer are so cute!
Thanks!! We really enjoyed it! Aren't they?? They had their own little photo shoot of them sitting on this ledge, too funny!
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #93
tric8783
DIS Veteran

So I work in insurance and I've been working like a dog doing OT since we got engaged and I found my dress so I could go back and get it before we go on vacation since they told me the particular designer takes 5-7 months! I'm excited to report I get paid Friday and my OT is finally enough that I can go get my dress!!! I'm so excited!! I have an appointment 10am on Friday to get measured and order it! I've really been stressed I wouldn't be able to work enough to order it in time so this is such a relief!

I'm working today then I have the rest of the week off and we leave on Friday afternoon for Disney - we can't wait!!!

One week from today until our PS!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #94
DVC Bride 2011
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
So I work in insurance and I've been working like a dog doing OT since we got engaged and I found my dress so I could go back and get it before we go on vacation since they told me the particular designer takes 5-7 months! I'm excited to report I get paid Friday and my OT is finally enough that I can go get my dress!!! I'm so excited!! I have an appointment 10am on Friday to get measured and order it! I've really been stressed I wouldn't be able to work enough to order it in time so this is such a relief!

I'm working today then I have the rest of the week off and we leave on Friday afternoon for Disney - we can't wait!!!

One week from today until our PS!!!!
Yay for ordering your dress and for your PS in a week! I'm so excited to see how everything goes! I am to get the 'it's been six months since I've been to Disney' feeling...so jealous that you're heading down there! I guess I will live vicariously through you
DVC Bride 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #95
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Tomorrow we'll be heading down to Disney, yippeeee!!

My sister, her husband, and my nephew are heading down on Saturday, then my mom is heading down on Tuesday (just in time for the PS). My nephew is only 16 mos so I'm really excited to be with him in Disney!

I've been running around mad getting things for the PS, I printed a bunch of pictures of ideas I like, I also started to look for other flowers besides peonies that I can use so I can be prepared when they tell me how much peonies will be! I also got a sample of the fabric/color for the BM dresses, and some gray ribbon to show which shade of gray we're thinking. We've got our AP vouchers, ME vouchers, etc all set! I just need to pack us up today and we're good to go! Soooo excited!!!

I also went dress shopping with mom yesterday (for her). She wants something that hits right below her knees apparently, my girls are wearing short dresses but is it appropriate for the moms to be wearing short dresses too? I know we're not going for the super formal feel, and it's in FL so it will likely be hot, IDK. I'm trying to steer her towards long. We'll see I guess!! I'm hoping to get her to try on more tomorrow when we go back to the store to order MY dress- so excited for this too!!!

Anyone want to know anything specifically in FL? We're there for 9 days and we've got time, I don't mind taking pictures of certain things etc. I'm going to try for buttons too and if we're able to get more, I'll let you all know and send them out, for those that aren't going down for a bit- before you spend money on ebay if they still have some strays down there. We're not bringing the computer with us so this will likely be my last post til we're back! Cross your fingers for us we have nice weather please!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #96
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

I'm so excited for you!!! You are going to have so much fun. Make sure you don't eat at all before the food tasting, you can't believe how much food they are going to give you. I can't wait to hear about everything when you get back.

Glad to see you that you are ordering your dress. Thats a big thing off your list. As far as your mom I don't see anything wrong with her having a shorter dress since you aren't going with a real formal wedding and since your bridesmaids will be wearing a shorter dress. My girls are wearing long dresses and so is my mom and mil. The women we worked with suggested that the parents match the style of our bridesmaids.

While you are in Disney if you are able to find some extra just married pins I would love 2!!!

Have a great time, say hi to Mickey!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #97
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

TAKE LOTS OF PICS!!! i luv 2 read PJ's with pics
Can i get a favor??? when u get on the monorail 2 the magic kingdom can u take pics of the wedding pavilion & the beaches on both sides... i dont need a close up just a broad view of the construction that is going on... Thanks a million Have a blast
Old 09-30-2011, 02:06 AM   #98
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

You know, here in the UK, it is relatively unusual for the MOB to wear a long dress, no matter what the BMs are wearing. Most MOB here wear short dresses and elaborate hats!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:47 AM   #99
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Hope you have a blast!!
Old 10-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #100
tric8783
DIS Veteran

A quick update, live from WDW!!

Hi Everyone!! I am sitting on our balcony at the BWV and have so much to share!! My sister is here with her husband and nephew and great for me, she brought her work laptop, so i borrowed it for a few minutes to give an update!!

We had our PS on Tuesday and it was AMAZING!! Maxine is great and so is Laura (floral). It really solidified our choice for having a Disney World wedding! AND we are more than happy to report we are now getting married on SHIPWRECK BEACH!!! DF is more than thrilled with me, with Maxine, and with life in general now that we are getting married on the beach. It did slightly irk me that Maxine said we could have it there without hesitation when I battled our coordinator previously and was shot down. buttttt since it worked out, I'll take it!!!

We are also having a "progressive wedding" now, by having the ceremony on the beach, cocktail hour at SBP, then reception still at the BW ballroom. The ballroom was also very pretty (except for the horrid chairs of course). Our tasting was also AMAZING. Really, nothing negative at all to say or complain about. We are definitely happy campers!! Even after 6 hours of planning, DF had nothing to complain about, which made me so happy too!

I did walk down to check out the beach at the WP- it hasnt been touched yet on either side. There are stakes up on the Floridian side (i took pics but can't add them through sister's work computer), but no construction yet. The beach on the poly side is also completely intact AND- again Maxine without hesitation told me we could have our wedding for 80-100 people on the beach at the Poly. Color me P.O.'ed since I originally wanted it there, but now that we have the block and everything planned at the BW, we're staying at the BW. FYI to future brides, if you want the beach next to WP (Poly side), they'll do it. :

I'm also on the hunt for "Just Married" pins, but when you ask for them, they just hand you "Happily Ever After" I'm convinced they've been completely replaced at this point.

Well that's all for now, I will update with more details and pictures once we're back on Sunday!! Enjoying our last few days in the world before we come back for our wedding- eee!!
Old 10-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #101
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

AH! Shipwreck Beach is amazing! Congrats!! So happy the PS is going well!

Your plan sounds amazing.

Don't give up on the Buttons! Try Guest Relations at MK!

So glad you could give us an update!! Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #102
tric8783
DIS Veteran

We are back home so I'll post some pics and more details about our trip!!
Yesterday it POURED, I mean poured all day long, which was a sign it was time to go HOME!

We got to WDW Friday night 9/30, walked right onto our ME bus and over to BW. Our room was the absolute last room on the hall and I was irritated at first, but we soon discovered being on the end also meant stairs next to our room which led right to the pool and walking path the HS. We ended up enjoying it all week long! We headed over to BC and ate at Cape May, amazingly we walked right in with no reservation, which shocked me since F&W Festival had just started, but we took it with no complaints!
We hung out in the parks, around the pool, etc, and mostly relaxed a lot all week long!
We had our PS on Tues 10/4.

We got there about 12:50 (scheduled to start at 1) and waited about 15 min. for Maxine. First things first, we were obviously staying at the BW and had been looking at that beach at the BC wanting to get married there for days, so we had to ask if we could move it there. As I said before, she didn't even hesitate and said, sure you can do it there, lets see if its open. She then also offered the Poly Beach right next to the WP. My mom wanted us to move to the Poly but I didn't want to bus everyone over from the BW and back so I put my foot down quickly and said no. We did go out and take a look at it though:

I also checked out the other side for curiosity, and someone was about to get married apparently so we were scooted away quickly (which I made DF run so we didnt ruin anyones wedding- oops! We got pretty close before someone told us, which I thought was odd, why wouldnt they stand closer to the parking lot/Franck's to stop people but oh well)

and excuse DF for being nuts. hahaha
Old 10-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #103
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Of course we talked about needing Parasols, fans, etc for now outdoor May wedding. I was planning to get my BM and myself parasols anyway (I found them for about $7 each), then I was thinking program fans. I'm not sure if its too much to give people a parasol and a fan, but Maxine says yes. Then she sent me pics of the beach where other people added large beach umbrellas. So now I'm thinking fans for guests, umbrellas like the pictures she sent, then parasols for just BMs and myself. What do you all think?
(the pictures arent working so ill work on that)

The fans I plan to give out:

So after we decided to move the ceremony, next we asked if we could have Cocktail Hour at SBP- again it was open so we got it!

Maxine says we'll have the ceremony at 5, we really only want about a 20 minute ceremony, so cocktail hour will be from 5:45-6:45pm instead of 6-7pm, so that guests have 15 minutes to walk from the beach to SBP, then 15 minutes again from SBP to the reception in the Boardwalk ballroom. She also said she would hurry people along to the cocktail hour so that we can take pictures on the beach without everyone watching, which I'm happy about. I gave Maxine the color pallette swatches we're going with, told her the overall feel we want for the wedding and it was off to the menu tasting!

We met with Chef Charles, who was AMAZING. We are so excited to have him as our chef for the wedding!!

Here he is doing his magic:

We tried appetizers first, lobster beignettes (I dont eat lobster but DF says they were amazing), beef teriyaki skewers, and caprese skewers

We decided to go with all 3 for the cocktail hour! My mom also asked about adding in a pierogi station (kind of like in F&W Festival) for my polish heritage. DF and I both laughed, but if she wants to pay for it, we figured why not! haha So we'll see about that!

We also tried caesar salad and penne alla vodka, which we are also getting. I forgot to take pictures of them (I forgot to take the apps too and Charles made me a new plate so I couldnt ask for the other two also )
We decided we are definite on those two also!

Then for entrees we tried:
surf and turf (yes i was again so excited to try it i forgot the pic first so its already dug into... haha)

We also tried chicken and steak combo with risotto

Pork tenderloin with polenta

We decided to go with single entrees instead of the duo, because we were so full sampling we figured it would be just too much food and it would go to waste anyway. We decided on Filet with a mashed potato and mixed veggies, and the tanglewood chicken, with the starch TDB. I really liked the polenta but we weren't sure everyone would. The chicken was ahhhmazinggggg. We eat chicken almost every day and this was still the best we've had. Apparently they leave the bone in on one side to keep it juicy, and that it sure was. Everything was amazing and we left so happy with our choices!!
Charles even sent us with a parting gift- a whisk with a label "whisked away" and heart cookie cutters "cut out for love" it was so nice of him!
Old 10-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #104
tric8783
DIS Veteran

after the tasting, we took a peek into the ballroom, which was set up for some sort of seminar- not the best pic but you get the idea. The walls are a really pretty light pink which works with our colors.

The carpet is a pink/fuscia and blue, very bright. It doesnt necessarily go with our light, pastel, neutral colors, but it could be worse!

The lobby area of the conference center where you can see the carpet better:

the hallway of our ballroom and salons (we have 1/2 the ballroom and salons 4-6)

We then hopped back in Maxine's car and headed back to meet with Laura (floral) as well as taste our cake!!

Here is Maxine (left) and Laura (right)

They were both super nice!!

If you remember my floral previously, I had a few ideas. I really wanted all white peonies,but I wanted them closed. Laura told me basically they couldnt guarantee me they would be as tight as the picture I wanted, so we decided to go with my other pick:

It has peonies, ranauculas (sp?), and tiny bits of hyndrangea.

The boys are going to have ranauculus bouts, DF will have white to match me, and GM will have light pink.

BM's will have bouquets similar to this, with peonies, ranauculus, hydrangea and anemones (lilly of the valley is in this bouquet but it wont be in the BM's, apparently Laura said a few strings of this flower are about $200)

My mom, DF's mom, and DFs gram are going to carry a single rose each, and right now the father's are wearing single rose bouts as well. (The ranauculus is too small for the moms to carry and we want the dad's to match them maybe? We'll see how this looks I guess)

As for aisle decor, now that we're on the beach, I'm not sure if we have too much going on.

DF also found this in my pics and liked it, but not sure how much it will be or how it will look on the sand
Old 10-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #105
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
Hi Everyone!! I am sitting on our balcony at the BWV and have so much to share!! My sister is here with her husband and nephew and great for me, she brought her work laptop, so i borrowed it for a few minutes to give an update!!

We had our PS on Tuesday and it was AMAZING!! Maxine is great and so is Laura (floral). It really solidified our choice for having a Disney World wedding! AND we are more than happy to report we are now getting married on SHIPWRECK BEACH!!! DF is more than thrilled with me, with Maxine, and with life in general now that we are getting married on the beach. It did slightly irk me that Maxine said we could have it there without hesitation when I battled our coordinator previously and was shot down. buttttt since it worked out, I'll take it!!!

We are also having a "progressive wedding" now, by having the ceremony on the beach, cocktail hour at SBP, then reception still at the BW ballroom. The ballroom was also very pretty (except for the horrid chairs of course). Our tasting was also AMAZING. Really, nothing negative at all to say or complain about. We are definitely happy campers!! Even after 6 hours of planning, DF had nothing to complain about, which made me so happy too!

I did walk down to check out the beach at the WP- it hasnt been touched yet on either side. There are stakes up on the Floridian side (i took pics but can't add them through sister's work computer), but no construction yet. The beach on the poly side is also completely intact AND- again Maxine without hesitation told me we could have our wedding for 80-100 people on the beach at the Poly. Color me P.O.'ed since I originally wanted it there, but now that we have the block and everything planned at the BW, we're staying at the BW. FYI to future brides, if you want the beach next to WP (Poly side), they'll do it. :

I'm also on the hunt for "Just Married" pins, but when you ask for them, they just hand you "Happily Ever After" I'm convinced they've been completely replaced at this point.

Well that's all for now, I will update with more details and pictures once we're back on Sunday!! Enjoying our last few days in the world before we come back for our wedding- eee!!
I'm glad to see that someone else is getting married on Shipwreck Beach. We're having our wedding there two days after you! Hopefully, we'll have nice weather. I can't wait to read more of your PJ!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: