Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #76
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Bride 2011 View Post
Portland, literally right over the bridge! I grew up here, but I did live in Middletown for about a year (Westlake area) right after DH and I got engaged. Thanks for the compliments! I am hoping to get around to a TR soon...I am procrastinating because I hate uploading stuff to photobucket. I'd def recommend a videographer, even if just for the ceremony. That was such a blur for me afterwards and I'm so glad we have it all on film. I'm actually much happier now, four months after my wedding, that we did videography because you lose the little details over time and it is so fun to go back and see it all happen again. Can't wait to read more, I have to catch up on everything over the last couple days!
Wow that is great! I actually grew up in Bolton and we just bought our house we're in now in July 2010!
I got some help from another poster when I didn't know how to add pictures, and though I have used photobucket too, I've noticed if the pics are somewhere else, you can still click and go to "properties" then paste in the URL and it works the same (but per the advice I got it doesnt work every time) I'm sure everyone else as well as myself want to seee!!
Thanks so much for reading, and I appreciate any help and advice you can lend!!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #77
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Today I received an email from Jennifer Brune for my floral? Anyone heard of her? She asked me to fill out a questionnaire in prep for my meeting with them (PS on 10/4). The actual email is signed Laura Kidd, Floral Director.
I am crossing my fingers we are assigned Elizabeth because everyone on the boards who gets her can't say enough good things and floral is very important to me! I can't believe it's getting so close!!
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #78
DVC Bride 2011
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
Today I received an email from Jennifer Brune for my floral? Anyone heard of her? She asked me to fill out a questionnaire in prep for my meeting with them (PS on 10/4). The actual email is signed Laura Kidd, Floral Director.
I am crossing my fingers we are assigned Elizabeth because everyone on the boards who gets her can't say enough good things and floral is very important to me! I can't believe it's getting so close!!
I think that means you have Laura but don't worry, she gets great reviews too! I have seen her on some of the TV specials for Christmas stuff in Disney. I think she's been around a long time, so she knows her stuff!
DVC Bride 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #79
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think that means you have Laura but don't worry, she gets great reviews too! I have seen her on some of the TV specials for Christmas stuff in Disney. I think she's been around a long time, so she knows her stuff!

Oh really? I figured by the 'Floral Director' title, her name went on everything and it was slightly generic. I'll have to do some research on people who've had Laura!! yippeee!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #80
tric8783
DIS Veteran

We had an awesome engagement party last night! It was so great to see everyone and take everything in. One of my friends from high school that enjoys taking pictures came and took pictures for us which I loved, and they came out so clear, I am definitely a picture person so I was so appreciative!!

Walking into the party (in my bro's back yard and so happy it didn't rain at all!!!)

Here are DF and I standing behind a sign future SIL had made that I thought was so cute!

My maids and I (missing 2 out of state-ers)

Handsome DF and his men

Our entire BP (minus my two ladies)

Our ring bearer and flower girl

I am so excited becasue I am only working 2 days this week, then I have Wed and Thurs off and we head down to Disney on Friday!! Yippeee!!! I am trying to get everything together for our PS, pictures, dress fabric samples, ribbons of the actual colors I am going for etc etc. So excited!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #81
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

How did ur party go??? I thought about u yesterday bcuz i had a bday party i attended, pics please....
Old 09-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #82
virtuous girl

oh wow... that was fast
Old 09-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #83
virtuous girl

AWwww.. the kids r 2 cute, Nice pics
Old 09-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #84
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
oh wow... that was fast

Great minds think alike!!
It was really nice, thanks for thinking of me!!
Old 09-26-2011, 06:18 AM   #85
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Love the sign that FSIL made!! Pretty!

You both look great! Glad you had fun!
Old 09-26-2011, 06:34 AM   #86
DVC Bride 2011
Mouseketeer

Party looks like it was a lot of fun! I love your dress! So glad the weather held out for you,too. So exciting that you are heading to Disney this week! My in-laws just got back and said it was a little cooler than normal for September. Can't wait to hear all about it!!
DVC Bride 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:40 AM   #87
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Love the sign that FSIL made!! Pretty!

You both look great! Glad you had fun!
thank you so much!! I LOVE the sign too. told her we were going to frame it over the fireplace. DF didnt' like that idea
Old 09-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #88
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Party looks like it was a lot of fun! I love your dress! So glad the weather held out for you,too. So exciting that you are heading to Disney this week! My in-laws just got back and said it was a little cooler than normal for September. Can't wait to hear all about it!!
Thanks!!! I actually got my dress online (Rue la la) and hadn't tried it on or anything so I was pleasantly surprised with it! I can't wait to get down there, only 4 more days!! We are about to get some colder weather starting this weekend, I'll have to peek if it's a whole east coast thing and pack accordingly! Just being there is enough for me whether it's cold or not, at least I'm not working!! This is totally me right now:

Last edited by tric8783; 09-26-2011 at 08:58 AM.
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #89
belle2211
DIS Veteran

It must be a whole east coast thing I live 5 mins from MK and right now it says that on Sat its supposed to be a high of 86 and on Sunday a high of 81! That's definitely cooler than normal!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:18 AM   #90
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

Looks like you had a great engagement party! Im glad the weather turned out good for you The flower girl and ring bearer are so cute!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: