Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #811
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
What a beautiful wedding ceremony. You looked gorgeous. Sorry you had issues with the flowers, but in the end, everything was beautiful.
Thank you! I agree, from a distance, none of our guests had any idea what was going on and everything looked picture perfect. I am so so grateful for that. I really don't want our guests thinking anything went wrong at all, don't want to ruin their "image" of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Oh my goodness! Everything looks just perfect and beautiful! You were absolutely stunning! It seems like you had the perfect day!
Thanks Faith!!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #812
goodmorningirl
Mouseketeer

I cannot believe how much that DJ screwed up! I would have died. I guess at that point you have to let it go as much as you can, which you did and enjoy your first dance. I'm sorry so many mistakes happened. It is clear even from the guest picks that the ballroom looked beautiful.
goodmorningirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #813
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer

Oh, twin, I just want to go down to FL and throttle that DJ for you! I do so hope he offered some money back or something, for being such a dumb*** (might as well asterisk it myself, since I know the boards would anyways)

I'm so nervous about the rest of the evening! I hope everything went well!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #814
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear your Mum chased up floral and their was some compecsation, however agree with you that it wasn't ablout money and they should have got it right to begin with.

Loving all the pics. Can't wait for next installment for the BW pics.

Ugh, that DJ.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #815
jlocmac
DIS Veteran

I really suck at keeping up with the commenting, but I'm reading along!!!

I'm so glad you were able to use the pics to get started on your wedding day report! (Even though those "other photogs" sent your pics! I had a lot of fun sneaking around taking pics of everything. My hubby was laughing at me the whole time! Then he would say "Oh make sure you get a pic of that!" I have more pics than what I posted on the FB page, but I think they're similar to the ones I posted.

It still pisses me off that they messed up that bad. Even though everything was still amazing... REALLY?!?! It's not like the whole DFTW thing is cheap or something!!!!

Can't wait to read more!

BTW: I LOVE LOVE LOVE allllllllllllllll of your pics!!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #816
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmorningirl View Post
I cannot believe how much that DJ screwed up! I would have died. I guess at that point you have to let it go as much as you can, which you did and enjoy your first dance. I'm sorry so many mistakes happened. It is clear even from the guest picks that the ballroom looked beautiful.
Thank you!! I have our pro pictures, I'm going to add them now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourgypsy View Post
Oh, twin, I just want to go down to FL and throttle that DJ for you! I do so hope he offered some money back or something, for being such a dumb*** (might as well asterisk it myself, since I know the boards would anyways)

I'm so nervous about the rest of the evening! I hope everything went well!
That night before we left Vita told me they were going to take $500 off the DJ and to let Josh know. Josh was so mad, he said (again) the money is not the problem here, it's that he just ruined this moment for us and we can't ever get that back. They ended up giving us a full refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
Glad to hear your Mum chased up floral and their was some compecsation, however agree with you that it wasn't ablout money and they should have got it right to begin with.

Loving all the pics. Can't wait for next installment for the BW pics.

Ugh, that DJ.
Thanks for following along! As I said above, I got our pro pics, here we go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlocmac View Post
I really suck at keeping up with the commenting, but I'm reading along!!!

I'm so glad you were able to use the pics to get started on your wedding day report! (Even though those "other photogs" sent your pics! I had a lot of fun sneaking around taking pics of everything. My hubby was laughing at me the whole time! Then he would say "Oh make sure you get a pic of that!" I have more pics than what I posted on the FB page, but I think they're similar to the ones I posted.

It still pisses me off that they messed up that bad. Even though everything was still amazing... REALLY?!?! It's not like the whole DFTW thing is cheap or something!!!!

Can't wait to read more!

BTW: I LOVE LOVE LOVE allllllllllllllll of your pics!!
haha, no worries on not commenting! I'm glad you're following I'm so glad and grateful you did!! Josh would do the same thing, laugh at me and tell me I'm crazy. bahaha Yeah, it still frosts me too. grrrr

pic time!!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #817
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Soo I tried to go back in order and add pics, but I exceeded the amount I'm allowed sooo I can't. I did add some if you want to take a look! Otherwise, we'll continue here

Our first look:

and one of us on the couch right before Josh's family came in and bombed us (haha)

and then back in the villas lobby on the pink couch:

I LOVE how these came out! AND let me put it out there that after seeing our professional pictures, I am completely in love with my bouquet!!

Some ceremony details:
(I was so glad I upgraded our chairs, they really made it look so pretty I think)

(programs designed by our amazing Wendy!)

We also had oversized shells laid on top of the palms

before the ceremony started:

My dad and I walking out:

Once my girls and I got to the sand, we took our shoes off

Last edited by tric8783; 06-08-2012 at 09:04 AM.
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #818
tric8783
DIS Veteran

I don't want to bore anybody with pictures, so here are just a few more from the ceremony

I did cry during our vows, and thankfully Rev. Jack had a hankie for me

Old 06-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #819
tric8783
DIS Veteran

A totally unglamorous photo for you ladies... I told you it was HOT! lol

This next series was during our private time right after the ceremony and are some of my favorite shots!

During this time, our guests were heading to cocktail hour and we started taking family pictures!

with my parents:

plus Josh

his parents

his whole family

mine:

and both together

We also got some with our siblings

and our nieces and nephew

Probably a few weeks before J&M gave us a sheet to complete with what pictures we needed/expected, so that day they didnt ask us at all, they went to work on the ones we told them and I think totally impressed everyone with getting everything and moving on. They were so amazing!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #820
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Then it was time for bridal party pics!

my gorgeous girls

Close-up of my sister/MOH's bouquet with calla's

the boys turn!

then we got everybody together

and headed for the beach!

The Bridesmaid bouquets up close

Miss flower girl!

Last edited by tric8783; 06-08-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #821
tric8783
DIS Veteran

We sent the bridal party off to cocktail hour!
A few detail shots of the food and details:

Custom Koozies!

Our mad libs!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #822
tric8783
DIS Veteran

I had written before I think, but basically we thought we'd have time for ourselves on the beach etc and we didn't. We grabbed the balloons and started taking fun shots with them while we walked over to the boardwalk!

When we got to the ballroom, it looked AMAZING:

A few details:

Silver envelopes laid out with the fastpasses in them :

Our lowered kids area

Our table

Last edited by tric8783; 06-08-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #823
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Last I left off we had been introduced and had our first dance. I haven't shared these with anyone but unfortunately there are pics when we first came in and I can just see it written on Josh's face

this is me trying to brush it off, Josh not so much. haha

We went into our first dance:

We had some cry-ers in the room (myself included)

After our dance and our salad, we took off with J&M and headed to the boardwalk! After what had just happened, I was so glad we were taking time to ourselves again to regroup.

Last edited by tric8783; 06-08-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #824
tric8783
DIS Veteran

At this point, Vita had come down to scold us for leaving the reception. The photograhers took care of her but let us know we couldn't stay down here forever. At this point my feet were killing me, my shoes HURT! So much for comfort. But I'm sure the heat/swelling didn't help. Since she came down and told us to come back, we didnt head to the photobooth, bummer. Then I wanted to take a pic with the Boardwalk sign lit up. We head out there and there's an ME bus in the way. We decide we'll wait anyway, then as that bus is getting ready to pull away, another one comes... grrr! Since Vita had already yelled at us, we decided not to wait and went back. I definitely regret this, that was a picture I wanted and when we went back inside, dinner had already been served, so Josh & I sat down and ate. We could have stayed out taking pictures longer and no one would have noticed (besides Vita apparently). We did get amazing pictures so I really can't complain about that, I just feel foiled. So if there's a shot you future brides want, tell your planner to wait and go for it!!

We came back in and sat down for dinner, the photographers disappeared so I assume they went to eat too. We got them all full meals and asked Vita to set them up a table in one of the smaller rooms. As far as I know this happened, we didnt have any complaints!

The food was delish! As soon as we sat down, people starting coming up to us. I had gotten Josh a lobster tail with his chicken and surprised him, so the table closest on his side was his parents, aunts and uncles etc. They were making comments about HIM getting lobster.. helloooooo this is HIS wedding?! Stinkers.. haha I did notice the songs while we were eating. I had made a specific list of songs I wanted played, during dinner, in the beginning of dancing, at the end of the night etc. Thankfully he abided by this for the rest of the night. I honestly think Josh scared the crap out of him in the beginning of the night and he didn't dare waiver from the list. However, I was glad he played what I asked.

We were able to eat our full plates and then it was time for our parent dances! We decided to do both parents at once and we danced to Ben E. King's "Stand By Me". I think the song worked really well and everyone seemed to enjoy it

Last edited by tric8783; 06-08-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #825
tric8783
DIS Veteran

After the parent dances everyone had eaten and gotten drinks. Now it was time to PARTAYYYY!

We met our cousin Beckett that is almost a year old, only less than a handful of the family had gotten to meet him before since they live out of state. So cute!

I grabbed Ty for a dance!

Josh got jealous sike!

My college girls!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: