Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #31
tric8783
DIS Veteran

I just got off the phone with Maxine, who seems super nice!! We set up our PS for 10/4/11 at 1pm. She told me it could go until 5 or 6pm- I'm going to keep that minor detail from DF for now!!

yay!! so excited!!!
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #32
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the honeymoon and Rev. Tim!!

I can't wait to hear about your PS!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #33
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Congrats on the honeymoon and Rev. Tim!!

I can't wait to hear about your PS!
Thanks!! I can't wait to get down there! We obviously have seen our locations and everything before, but this time we're going to see our "wedding venue" I can tell it's going to be so much more special!!

On Rev Tim- I haven't heard back from him now since Saturday Does he normally get back to you quickly? He told me he was available, gave me all the info and contract, sent me something in the mail (which I got) and now nothing... I'm starting to get bummed a little
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:22 AM   #34
DisneyHappiness
Earning My Ears

Hey! First, Congrats! Second, DF and I are also catholic and we have Rev Tim!! He does take a little while to respond but you can always email him to see if be received your contract. Also, DF and I are going to have the marriage blessed in the church after awe get married. That way it will be recognized in the church . Love what you have so far!!

"Happiness is the road we travel, not the destination..."-Unknown
"You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough."-Joe Lewis

DisneyHappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #35
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

I love ur dress ... I like how it is fitted then flares in the bottom I was searching 4 ur PJ on my PJ but didnt find it & it so happens u posted it 2day on my PJ!!! Make sure u insert ur PJ link on the bottom of ur ticker so other people can check ur PJ out when u post...
Old 09-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #36
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
I love ur dress ... I like how it is fitted then flares in the bottom I was searching 4 ur PJ on my PJ but didnt find it & it so happens u posted it 2day on my PJ!!! Make sure u insert ur PJ link on the bottom of ur ticker so other people can check ur PJ out when u post...
I did mess around today and add my PJ to my signature! I also got a little carried away with the tickers and added 3!!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #37
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Happy Friday! I feel like we are making some progress!!

I emailed the two invitation people Disney recommends and they both replied super fast, excited to see what they come up with! I am slightly crafty, granted I am like extra beginner compared to most of you, but the invitations are one thing I want to have made and not do. We'll see how that works out!
I am hoping for pockets so fingers crossed we can make it work!

I also was at our local grocery store recently and started checking out the clearance section for Disney stuff for welcome bags. My first find was swim rings, swimmies and beach balls! I got one for each of the kids we think will come to the wedding, (swimmies for the toddlers, tubes for the big kids and beach balls for the babies) They are Disney Princess (girls obvi) and Cars (boys)! yay!

Also received confirmation from Alix, Maxine's assistant, with the confirmation for our PS. Need to narrow down 8 options to try and send it in by Tues (14 days before!) Also went over the planning worksheet last night with DF, got his input and finished it! So excited that is done since I was initially stressed when I saw it!

Oh we also got our packet in the mail today (well my parents did since we listed their address) and our annual pass vouchers are inside!! That will save us around $600 for our trip in two weeks if we activate them now so I am pumped!! Definitely doing the happy dance!!
Old 09-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #38
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

$600!!! Do u know what i can do with $600!!
Let us know what they come up with 4 ur invites
I still have 2 go over my list 4 my planning session which is coming up as well
U know what i realized as i was checking out ur ticker??? that u get married about 1 1/2 wks after me
Old 09-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #39
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
$600!!! Do u know what i can do with $600!!
Let us know what they come up with 4 ur invites
I still have 2 go over my list 4 my planning session which is coming up as well
U know what i realized as i was checking out ur ticker??? that u get married about 1 1/2 wks after me
YES $600!! haha Park Hoppers for 8 days are around $300 a piece! I'm already thinking what I can do with that instead!! yippee!!

I will definitely post once I get some samples and pricing for invites!

So fun!! We were originally trying to get a date in April but the venues we wanted weren't available... apparently WDW has proms at the BW? lame. haha just kidding but it definitely foiled us!! I guess now looking back I'm glad I have a few more weeks to pay for things, even if it's only a few weeks I'll take it!!
Old 09-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #40
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

Yay for getting your planner and setting up your PS!!!!! You must be very excited. Looks like things are coming together. I have heard Maxine is great. Thats awesome that you are doing Aulani, DF and I were thinking about that too. I'm sure you guys will have so much fun. It looks beautiful there.

Oh ya I hope you can convince DF to do the church thing!
Old 09-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #41
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Thought I'd add some pictures on this beautiful Saturday morning!

These are all just ideas of things I like so far and I'm interested to see if my ideas change once we get closer!
First up, Floral, and as a preface, I am obsessed with peonies, but my coordinator warned me they are (very) pricey.
For my bouquet:

or

for DF and GM (We are still working on how to make the GM different from DF. Thoughts? I told him maybe a different tie, different bout etc? Any ideas??

For my BM's

Love the look of this place setting:

and the long tables instead of rounds:

Old 09-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #42
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Next, decor!

Not sure how Disney is with candles, but I thought this may be a pretty and inexpensive way to give some height if I go with the low vases of flowers?

another way to add some height maybe

I think these paper lanterns are so fun, but not sure how they would work in the ballroom!

some pink lighting perhaps??

and my latest find on Etsy that I am thinking of using as placecards, favors, decor/lighting in one!

And for the ceremony!
I found this ceremony in the round on Cheryl's PJ and I love it! I don't think we want everyone all the way around us though, maybe only 2 or 3 of these 4 sections of chairs?

really like the simplicity of these ribbons on the chairs

I also think this is super pretty and fun, but no idea how expensive it would be

I've always liked these "balls" of flowers

My plan is also for either programs that are fans, or programs and fans separately ( I think we definitely need fans outdoors in FL in May, even if the ceremony is only 20 minutes, am I right?) We're also going to do ribbons for our exit which I've also found on etsy! (I love etsy and am obsessed).
Old 09-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #43
tric8783
DIS Veteran

My cake inspiration! I sent this picture to Maxine with the planning worksheet like the instructions say, and I'm nervous to find out how much it'll cost with the flower work

Also thinking about leaving the reception about 20-30 minutes early with a sparkler sendoff

and I'm debating trashing my dress! I think it would be really fun to go over to Stormalong Bay to their walk in section, but I'm not sure if they'll let us since the pools are normally closed with nets over them by the time we'd get there (about 10:30PM or so) but I'm going to ask Maxine and see if I get a flat out "no" or what they say. Anyone else hear anything like this?

I had this 'great idea' to do a planned balloon release too but I'm not sure really how that would all work or if Disney would want to know we are releasing like 50 balloons at once?

*story behind this- when we were little, we always were allowed to get one balloon during vacation and keep it for the week. The morning we left to go home, we would go out on the patio/balcony and make a wish and let our balloon go. We always wished to come back, and we always did!
Old 09-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #44
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Hi sweetie - Just a quick word about Rev Tim. He can sometimes be a bit slow at responding and even seem a little disorganized at times!! He was worrying me just before our VR as I hadn't heard from him and couldn't get on with my order of service programmes until he let me have a general plan of the how things would run. I only had 14 guests and I was printing and making the programmes myself, and so it didn't matter too much as I was not intending doing them until the week before we left for Florida.
However, he did get back to me in plenty of time for me to complete my programmes and even when I added an extra reading in to our service a few days before (literally!!), he was not fazed!! I think if you are having your programmes professionally printed, and thus, need the information well ahead of time, you may have to bug him a bit by e-mail, and explain why you need a basic outline of the service early on!! In the end, our service ran like clockwork in the exact order he said it would!!!
I think the bottom line is that he is not great at the communication thing early on, but will do you a fantastic service, and he really is the sweetest of men when you meet him face to face. We loved him and the service he did for us!!
Good luck and, by the way, I am loving all of your inspiration photos!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #45
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Hi again!!
Just read your previous post (our posts must have crossed!!)
I am pretty certain that other brides who have looked in to sparklers have been told that they are not allowed!! This was, I think, for a ceremony staged exit though, so it may be worth asking about it them being used for a reception exit.
I would not hold out much hope for the balloon release either. I have never heard of any Disney brides doing this, and I think they may say that it is a danger to the animals at AK and AKV if the balloons were to travel over in that direction and come down near them. I know that stray balloons get out of people's grasp at MK and float away, but I guess that there is quite a difference between that and a planned release of a number of balloons. Again, worth an ask though!!
I think that another bride wanted to do a TTD at SAB and was told she had to pay an expensive fee for a lifeguard!!! Could a TTD on another day after the wedding be a possibility if they won't allow you to do it on the night of your wedding!! Our TTD session was 5 days after our VR and it was lovely to wear my dress twice!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: