Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #16
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Hi there!! Just jumping in. I love all your plans! CL is beautiful!

I feel your pain on the Catholic wedding. My mom is very upset we aren't getting married in the Church. It's been tough. If I may, check out Rev. Tim Herring. He does a lot of Disney weddings and I just hired him for mine!! Apparently, he can perform a Catholic "ceremony"-- not sure how, but it could be an option! http://www.disneyweddingminister.com/

Can't wait to read more!
Old 09-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #17
tric8783
DIS Veteran

QUOTE=MrsDuck;42571579]Hi there!! Just jumping in. I love all your plans! CL is beautiful!

I feel your pain on the Catholic wedding. My mom is very upset we aren't getting married in the Church. It's been tough. If I may, check out Rev. Tim Herring. He does a lot of Disney weddings and I just hired him for mine!! Apparently, he can perform a Catholic "ceremony"-- not sure how, but it could be an option! http://www.disneyweddingminister.com/

Can't wait to read more![/QUOTE]

ooo thanks I will check him out!!!
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2011, 08:32 AM   #18
tric8783
DIS Veteran

trying to add pics!

Last edited by tric8783; 09-10-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #19
tric8783
DIS Veteran

DF and I on one of our many trips to Disney:

us with our baby Goonie at his puppy class graduation:

a better picture of Goonie without his tongue hanging out!

the ring! (yes i'm in desperate need for a manicure and my fingers swelled up i was so nervous!)
Old 09-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #20
tric8783
DIS Veteran

my dress! (i still have to go back and order but I am sure this is the one!) and my FSIL is holding up a hair broach we are going to have sewn on for some added bling!
Old 09-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #21
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Thanks to MrsDuck, I did send an email to Rev. Tim Herring, and got a response! He is available for our date and time! He seems very nice and definitely has a lot of experience. Did you meet with him first or etc before booking him or did you just select him and go with it? Curious if we should wait and meet with him while we are in Disney in October or if we should book him now in case within the next month someone else books him. Thoughts??
Old 09-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #22
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

I just finished reading your planning journal! Looks like you already have a lot of decisions made! Sorry about all the drama with your bridesmaid! You gave her the option of not being in the wedding so that is the best you can do at this point, now its all on her. From what you said it seems like you may be better off if she chooses to opt out of it.

So just a thought on the Catholic thing. DF and I are both catholic and this is something that is very important for him and his family. It is to my parents as well but they have always known I wanted a Disney wedding so wasn't much of a shock that it couldn't be Catholic. DF's mom has been great about it though. We have decided we are going to do a small ceremony here after the wedding.This way we will get our marriage blessed by the catholic church and be able to raise our children catholic. We are only going to have my parents, brother, Jeff's mom and siblings attend. We are not making a big to do of it nor are we telling everyone coming to the wedding we are doing this.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #23
Diamond Girl
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=tric8783;42570704]
(Snip)

Also officiant's- we're from CT, we're both Catholic and we know we can't have a Catholic ceremony on the CL. My mom isn't over it, but I am. I am assuming at this point I have to wait for my Wedding Planner to give me a list of officiant's? How does this work? I really have no idea about anything like that or if we need to meet with them or interview them or whatnot, or if Disney just assigns one and they show up. I need some help with this too.
[QUOTE]

I don't mean to crash your thread, but I just wanted to give you another option. My son and his DF are getting married in August 2012. They are having a Catholic Ceremony at Corpus Christie Catholic Church at Celebration and then following with a reception at the Grand Floridian.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #24
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash8716 View Post
I just finished reading your planning journal! Looks like you already have a lot of decisions made! Sorry about all the drama with your bridesmaid! You gave her the option of not being in the wedding so that is the best you can do at this point, now its all on her. From what you said it seems like you may be better off if she chooses to opt out of it.

So just a thought on the Catholic thing. DF and I are both catholic and this is something that is very important for him and his family. It is to my parents as well but they have always known I wanted a Disney wedding so wasn't much of a shock that it couldn't be Catholic. DF's mom has been great about it though. We have decided we are going to do a small ceremony here after the wedding.This way we will get our marriage blessed by the catholic church and be able to raise our children catholic. We are only going to have my parents, brother, Jeff's mom and siblings attend. We are not making a big to do of it nor are we telling everyone coming to the wedding we are doing this.
Thanks Ashley! I am actually thinking about doing this too with just our families, in the Church at home I mean. It's definitely important to me to be able to christen our kids, etc in the future- DF, not so much. But I'm going to try my best!!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #25
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Girl View Post
I don't mean to crash your thread, but I just wanted to give you another option. My son and his DF are getting married in August 2012. They are having a Catholic Ceremony at Corpus Christie Catholic Church at Celebration and then following with a reception at the Grand Floridian.
Thanks Marie for the idea!! DF was set on a beach ceremony and we really like that we can at least have it outdoors! I had thought about going over to Celebration, and I think if it were really important to us we'd do that. We might do like Ashley suggested and have a small ceremony just us and parents in our Church here once we come home! I'll keep everyone posted as we get closer with this!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #26
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

First of all, your dog is adorable!!

Your ring and your dress are just gorgeous!!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #27
tric8783
DIS Veteran

A quick update!
I got a call last night from Alex, assistant to our planner, Maxine!! I tried to do a little research on here about her and so far, everyone seems to like her! We have a phone meeting set up for tomorrow afternoon, and she just emailed me (Alex did technically) about the PS. This PS worksheet is stressing me out! Just looking it, they want me to know every aspect of the ceremony and wedding, how I am lining up the BP already etc?? ahh!!

I did email her back and ask if we can set up the PS while we're down there in Oct, so fingers crossed she says yes!!

On another bright note, We booked our HM! We are going to Aulani in Hawaii! Now to start researching that- whew I feel like I'm living on the computer these days looking up everything there is to know!!

And heard back from Rev. Tim Herring- think we're going to book him! ( I may have already said that)

Happy Hump Day!!!

Last edited by tric8783; 10-13-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #28
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
First of all, your dog is adorable!!

Your ring and your dress are just gorgeous!!
aw thank you, you are so sweet!! This is definitely the first time I've put the dress out to anyone it was kind of a weird but nice feeling moment to put it out there!!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #29
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
aw thank you, you are so sweet!! This is definitely the first time I've put the dress out to anyone it was kind of a weird but nice feeling moment to put it out there!!
I just love your PJ! That dress is a show stopper, and that ring!!!! BEAUTIFUL. You have so much planned and I think it all sounds good.

Sorry to hear about your BM, that is a shame. Some people expect so much but just can't gove back. It's much better for you to put yourself first and not let her mess up your magical day, as sad as the situation is. At least you have 5 other BM's right there with you who are happy to be by your side.

Keep us posted and congrats and good luck with everything.
CourtenayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #30
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtenayB View Post
I just love your PJ! That dress is a show stopper, and that ring!!!! BEAUTIFUL. You have so much planned and I think it all sounds good.

Sorry to hear about your BM, that is a shame. Some people expect so much but just can't gove back. It's much better for you to put yourself first and not let her mess up your magical day, as sad as the situation is. At least you have 5 other BM's right there with you who are happy to be by your side.

Keep us posted and congrats and good luck with everything.
Thanks Courtenay!! Love all the info I'm finding on these boards and I think without them I wouldn't have 1/2 of the things I've found so far!! I definitely have all of you to thank!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: