Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #211
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Ekk I love them!

you look sooo pretty and happy!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #212
jlocmac
DIS Veteran

You're pics are great!! Good thing you were able to come up with the props.. they really worked out wonderfully.

You looked gorgeous!! And you're DF.. not so bad either!! They guys never get any compliments!
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #213
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much ladies for the love!!
Sorry about the "" I was a little excited!

jlomac, I agree, DF is pretty hunky, let's give him some credit!

I am in absolute awe of our photographers for making us look so good!!

AND today I heard from Maxine that I should have our BEO by Thanksgiving (1st round of course!)

So glad tomorrow is Friday!!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #214
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer

Your engagment pictures are gorgeous!! We carried balloons in some of our engagement pictures, too!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #215
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsSleepingBeauty View Post
Your engagment pictures are gorgeous!! We carried balloons in some of our engagement pictures, too!
Thank you!! DF wasn't sure about my balloon idea, but I like how it turned out! They're so fun for some added color!!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #216
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

I love love the engagement photos! They came out awesome. The balloon idea was really cute, they were some pictures! You look beautiful
Old 11-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #217
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash8716 View Post
I love love the engagement photos! They came out awesome. The balloon idea was really cute, they were some pictures! You look beautiful
Thanks so much Ashley!!
Old 11-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #218
tric8783
DIS Veteran

So I'm not sure if you saw that I posted on the main board, but one of my girls was planning to stay at the S&D, we get a discount through work, and she has been calling every couple of weeks to see if the rates have been released yet for us through the wedding. So she called last week and they told her the Swan is sold out () and the Dolphin doesn't offer any discounts. She was planning to stay there since it's so much less than BC and BW and she'd still be super close.
I've also noticed everyone seems to tell us if theyre going to stay at either BW or BC, they're choosin BC. So I started to regret blocking both BW and BC and no middle resort

I posted on the main board yesterday if anyone had ever heard of switching out your block, and a few people suggested I might as well ask, so I did- good news!! We didn't drop any resorts, but we were able to take some of our nights at BW and move them to CBR! So now we have 5 rooms at BW and 5 rooms at CBR for Fri and Sat night. My maid is super happy and hopefully will give a few other people this option too! I am thrilled with the person running our block too, her name is Kristen and she emails me back immediately... and I mean less than 1 minute on the 3 times I have emailed her- amazing! I may just send her a little gift after the wedding too!

That's all for me for now, I feel like I need to get things into gear and start making moves, but I feel like I really can't yet Only two weeks til Thanksgiving which means only a few weeks until our BEO!!

I've been debating making our dinner reservations too, but now that we have to give our cc I'm slightly stressed about it - even though they totally made the system because of people like me!!! Don't laugh or judge but I totally make at least 2 dinner reservations per day so we have options!! We always go during F&W and usually can't get in anywhere unless we have them... so foiled. Anyone know- if we make a reservation with our card and then cancel it at least 24 hrs before, we can do that right? I have no idea yet if people will want to eat with us etc or not yet! Thoughts?
Old 11-13-2011, 09:59 PM   #219
tric8783
DIS Veteran

We booked our flight down to FL!!
We are going Wednesday morning (getting in around 9am), so hopefully that will give us enough time! I plan to ship as much as I can down to my mom's best friend that lives close-by, then do a shopping trip for snacks, assemble and deliver the welcome boxes and then relax and take it alllll in!

Now we just need our flight to Hawaii and we're good to go!
Old 11-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #220
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Hi there! Just tuning into your planning journal...your engagements pictures turned out great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
So I'm not sure if you saw that I posted on the main board, but one of my girls was planning to stay at the S&D, we get a discount through work, and she has been calling every couple of weeks to see if the rates have been released yet for us through the wedding. So she called last week and they told her the Swan is sold out () and the Dolphin doesn't offer any discounts. She was planning to stay there since it's so much less than BC and BW and she'd still be super close.
I've also noticed everyone seems to tell us if theyre going to stay at either BW or BC, they're choosin BC. So I started to regret blocking both BW and BC and no middle resort

I posted on the main board yesterday if anyone had ever heard of switching out your block, and a few people suggested I might as well ask, so I did- good news!! We didn't drop any resorts, but we were able to take some of our nights at BW and move them to CBR! So now we have 5 rooms at BW and 5 rooms at CBR for Fri and Sat night. My maid is super happy and hopefully will give a few other people this option too! I am thrilled with the person running our block too, her name is Kristen and she emails me back immediately... and I mean less than 1 minute on the 3 times I have emailed her- amazing! I may just send her a little gift after the wedding too!

That's all for me for now, I feel like I need to get things into gear and start making moves, but I feel like I really can't yet Only two weeks til Thanksgiving which means only a few weeks until our BEO!!

I've been debating making our dinner reservations too, but now that we have to give our cc I'm slightly stressed about it - even though they totally made the system because of people like me!!! Don't laugh or judge but I totally make at least 2 dinner reservations per day so we have options!! We always go during F&W and usually can't get in anywhere unless we have them... so foiled. Anyone know- if we make a reservation with our card and then cancel it at least 24 hrs before, we can do that right? I have no idea yet if people will want to eat with us etc or not yet! Thoughts?
My step-mom also had issues dealing with the Swan & Dolphin. They told her one thing, and then another...at one point she was also told that they were all booked up my wedding weekend...which happened to be a complete lie. We were going to do a room block there to give guests an option other than the Disney resorts but after the crap she dealt with from them we're not even mentioning them.
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #221
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

I LOVE UR EPICS!!! DF did a great job posing 4 shots u guys look awesome 2gether
Old 11-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #222
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
We booked our flight down to FL!!
We are going Wednesday morning (getting in around 9am), so hopefully that will give us enough time! I plan to ship as much as I can down to my mom's best friend that lives close-by, then do a shopping trip for snacks, assemble and deliver the welcome boxes and then relax and take it alllll in!

Now we just need our flight to Hawaii and we're good to go!
Yay So exciting, looks like you will have plenty of time to get everything you need done before the wedding.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #223
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
Hi there! Just tuning into your planning journal...your engagements pictures turned out great!

My step-mom also had issues dealing with the Swan & Dolphin. They told her one thing, and then another...at one point she was also told that they were all booked up my wedding weekend...which happened to be a complete lie. We were going to do a room block there to give guests an option other than the Disney resorts but after the crap she dealt with from them we're not even mentioning them.
Thanks so much!!! Yes, I definitely think it's who you talk to there
I inquired on doing a block there also, but they made us guarantee at least 10 rooms (not nights but rooms), and with our guarantee through Disney already, we just couldn't guarantee 10 more rooms there. Oh well I guess! Their loss now!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #224
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
I LOVE UR EPICS!!! DF did a great job posing 4 shots u guys look awesome 2gether
aww thank you!!! I keep going back and looking at them, can't wait to see the rest!!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #225
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash8716 View Post
Yay So exciting, looks like you will have plenty of time to get everything you need done before the wedding.
Hopefully!! I've seen other people go down a lot earlier so I hope we're able to get everything done on Weds so we can relax Thursday and enjoy being in disney with our guests!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: