Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #181
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
So I've been emailing with our photograher and she came up with this great board to show what we're going to do for our e-pics tomorrow!

I'm on the lookout for a light pink ruffl-y cardigan and a grey sweater for DF. She asked if DF could make this headboard for the shoot, to play up the breakfast in bed proposal, but we don't have any old wood laying around and I'm not really sure where to get some in a day, so that might be foiled. Still super excited to see what we really do!
Looks like so much fun! I can't wait to see how the pictures come out. Glad to hear that you are happy withe photographers. Engagement photos are such a fun way to get to know them and their style! What park did you end up going to?
Old 10-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #182
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
haha, no worries!! Sorry I ruined the excitement for you! But next week we'll try again!! They told me to call back the same #, so hopefully I won't have any issues!!
Don't worry, you didn't ruin the excitement. I just wish the person I talked to hadn't told me that in the first place. I hope everything runs smoothly when you call Friday! That number should work for you. The lady I talked to only gave me the other number to call after I told her I wanted reservations for 1900 Park Fare. Only a few more days!
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2011, 09:54 PM   #183
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

Hey Tricia, just found your PJ...love your ideas! and coincidentally I live in Middletown, CT too! Hope you guys are safe after the crazy storm from the weekend. Looking forward to reading more!
Old 11-01-2011, 03:52 AM   #184
ladyemz
Mouseketeer

Glad your Engagement pics went well, look forward to seeing them!

Emma & Scott's Wishes Wedding PJ

DLP - 2008, 2011
WDW - 2011 POR/BLT, 2012 - Offsite villa (March - DFTW Planning!) SSR/GF/DCL/BLT (October - Our wedding and Disneymoon!)
ladyemz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #185
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedee View Post
Hey Tricia, just found your PJ...love your ideas! and coincidentally I live in Middletown, CT too! Hope you guys are safe after the crazy storm from the weekend. Looking forward to reading more!
Too funny!! Thanks for following along! Ugh this storm!
Old 11-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #186
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyemz View Post
Glad your Engagement pics went well, look forward to seeing them!
Thanks!! Our photographer told me we'd be on their blog either end of this week or early next, and then we can see the rest in 2-3 weeks!
Old 11-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #187
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Checking in!! We got a freak snowstorm up here in CT on Saturday night, we lost power about 11pm on Saturday night and don't have it back yet! We thankfully have natural gas and city water, so we have hot water, but no heat, lights/power etc. Of course it's dark by about 6pm up here too now, so I get home from work and try to get as much as I can done, then we start lighting a fire and candles and sit around playing with our pup til we go up to bed about 9:30. booooring!! haha It's sad I can't wait to go to work so I can get online and see what's going on in the world!

They are saying it could take 10-14 days, I'm really hoping it won't be THAT long! We are trying to keep our pipes from freezing at this point having fires at night. Last night we got the house temp up to 67 and this morning when we woke up it was 58, so only a 10 degree drop overnight, which could be worse but burrrrrrrrrr!!

Since we decided to let my mom invite the family she wants, and DF's mom added one of his uncle's we didn't plan to invite, now of course we need more invites. I had to email our invitation girl today and ask her if we can look at regular invites instead of pockets. I really want pockets, but for 75 they are getting over budget. Hopefully we can come up with something I love just as much or even more as the pockets! Wishful thinking!

I also got an email from our photographer that we will be up on their blog late this week or early next. I'm so nervous!! We took a lot of pictures with serious faces, which I never do. They are pretty well known and have over 6,000 followers on their facebook page alone, who knows about their blog. Eeek!! Fingers crossed the pictures are good and I'm not totally embarassed when they go up!! I'm trying not to think about it but all of their pictures are gorgeous so hopefully ours will too (even if they have to blur us out and it's us blurred in the background and close up of some foliage)

I can only update from work so I'll try to come back and post if we're up on the blog! Or if we get power back any time soon!! Cross your fingers for us, please!!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #188
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

Good luck with power! Hopefully we get power back soon, at least you have hot water. We have a gas fireplace but for whatever reason its not working. Figures lol Stay warm and safe
Old 11-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #189
DVC Bride 2011
Mouseketeer

I hope you get power back sooner than the 10-14 days! We got ours back on Tuesday but only because Portland didn't lose any transformer lines in the storm. I've never seen so many trees/wires down though! It's crazy. At least you can take hot showers - that was my least favorite thing about no power. Cold showers and then having no heat when you get out is miserable!

Ok, off to go catch up on all your wedding news!
DVC Bride 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #190
tric8783
DIS Veteran

WHOOO HOOOO WE GOT POWER !!!!
I'm so excited!! It has been a few frigid nights and now I get to work at home tomorrow, thankfully! When you're not used to driving into the office, it becomes so terrible to have to go in every day! I guess I shouldn't complain though!

No e-pics yet but thinking we'll be up on the blog soon, eek! I'll let you know when we are!

I'm on the search for flip flops on clearance for our shoe check, thinking about hitting up the J.Crew outlet this weekend (if they have power that is!)
Any other suggestions besides the obvious Old Navy??
Old 11-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #191
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you finally have power again!! That sounded awful!!

I love pocket invites but they are pretty pricey. You could always buy them from Cards and Pockets (www.cardsandpockets.com) and assemble them yourself! I think that's what we are doing.

Let us know when the pictures go up! I can't wait to see them!

I love J. Crew for flip flops! Also try DSW! If you're looking to buy online, Zappos is great too!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:06 AM   #192
ladyemz
Mouseketeer

Glad you got your power back and can work from home again.

Don't worry about your photos, I am sure they are going to be FAB.

Good luck with the hunt for flip flops, sorry I am not much help as I am in the uk!

Emma & Scott's Wishes Wedding PJ

DLP - 2008, 2011
WDW - 2011 POR/BLT, 2012 - Offsite villa (March - DFTW Planning!) SSR/GF/DCL/BLT (October - Our wedding and Disneymoon!)
ladyemz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:54 AM   #193
tric8783
DIS Veteran

YAYAYAYA!!! JUST BOOKED OUR REHEARSAL DINNER AT OHANA!!!!

I'm so excited!!

They can book up to 31 people through the regular reservation line, we were able to get in at 5pm for 28 people with no issues whatsoever--- yipeeeee!!! I can't believe we'll be there in 180 days, ahhh!!
Old 11-04-2011, 07:02 AM   #194
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Glad to hear you finally have power again!! That sounded awful!!

I love pocket invites but they are pretty pricey. You could always buy them from Cards and Pockets (www.cardsandpockets.com) and assemble them yourself! I think that's what we are doing.

Let us know when the pictures go up! I can't wait to see them!

I love J. Crew for flip flops! Also try DSW! If you're looking to buy online, Zappos is great too!

We are soooo glad to have power back!! I did take a look at Cards and Pockets but it seemed complicated for me, I'm sure it's not really but idk. I'm waiting to hear back from Impressions with how much the price may go down to not get pockets, so we'll see! The invites I want are pretty simple, they aren't intricate, no ribbons or etc on them, just flat printing. So I'm crossing my fingers!

I will def check out DSW! I looked on Zappos but they cheapest ones they have are Havainias for $18/pair.. boo. haha Thanks!
Old 11-04-2011, 07:04 AM   #195
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyemz View Post
Glad you got your power back and can work from home again.

Don't worry about your photos, I am sure they are going to be FAB.

Good luck with the hunt for flip flops, sorry I am not much help as I am in the uk!
Yes! I am so comfy in my pj's right now!
I hope you're right!! I will report back when I can find some and where I was able to get them!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: