Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #166
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
Hey girl! Sorry to hear all about the family drama! My parents and DH's parents invited a ton of friends to the wedding too. Probably as many as DH and I did. My parents paid for the wedding but I told my mom that as long as her friend didn't cut into my budget then it was fine And only a couple of them came, which made my mom happy

And what is it with people. I have a cousin who is married and has 3 kids. My wedding was Saturday evening. He came with his wife and kids to Disney on Wednesday and left Saturday MORNING!!! Just so they could get our room discount! And they didn't even bother trying to see me! My mom was super pissed but I told her I didn't really care since I could use that money towards something I wanted more!

Good luck and I hope it all works out!

Thank you! I cannot believe your cousin came there for the discount and left the morning before the wedding. AND didn't even try to see you?? That is bold! haha My mom hasn't said anything about me letting her invite them, she's too irritated that DF's family is accusing her of being rude. I guess it's always something
Old 10-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #167
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsSleepingBeauty View Post
I counted up the days and I think Sunday is my day to call, so yours should be in just a few more days. I'm still going to double check myself, though. Good luck!

I hope the stress goes away and you're able to have fun with planning again!

I have been checking timeanddate.com almost daily! Today I'm at 191, so tomorrow is my day!! Do you have the ph# for group reservations off hand? I was told to just call regular reservations, 180 days before. hmmm. I'll try anything I can!

I hope so too! Our e-pics are tomorrow so I'm hoping that gets me excited again!
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #168
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
I hope your guest count comes to a number that you like!!

Snow!! How exciting! I'm a FL girl and think snow is pretty fun... I bet no one else shares that sentiment but me! For your sake, I hope the snow stays away for engagement pictures! Can't wait to see them!

The koozies sound adorable! Can't wait to see the pics!
I hope so too!! I am so interested to know exacty who is coming and who's not like NOW. hahaha

They're still saying snow flurries, but not until later. Hopefully they are right!! I am getting realllly excited for them, and to finally meet our photogs!

I am also really excited for the Koozies, I love any and everything that is personalized and they were a rather inexpensive personalization I thought!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #169
tric8783
DIS Veteran

So I've been emailing with our photograher and she came up with this great board to show what we're going to do for our e-pics tomorrow!

I'm on the lookout for a light pink ruffl-y cardigan and a grey sweater for DF. She asked if DF could make this headboard for the shoot, to play up the breakfast in bed proposal, but we don't have any old wood laying around and I'm not really sure where to get some in a day, so that might be foiled. Still super excited to see what we really do!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #170
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
I have been checking timeanddate.com almost daily! Today I'm at 191, so tomorrow is my day!! Do you have the ph# for group reservations off hand? I was told to just call regular reservations, 180 days before. hmmm. I'll try anything I can!

I hope so too! Our e-pics are tomorrow so I'm hoping that gets me excited again!
The number our wedding planner gave me is (407) 939-7707. As long as you have your room reservation number, you should be able to make your reservations tomorrow.

I hope your engagement pictures turn out great!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #171
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Wow!! I LOVE your e-pic inspiration board!!! Gorgeous!! Cant wait to see those pictures!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:54 AM   #172
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The number our wedding planner gave me is (407) 939-7707. As long as you have your room reservation number, you should be able to make your reservations tomorrow.

I hope your engagement pictures turn out great!

So I just tried to call and nope! haha She said I can make them at 180 days from my check-in date, and then she can make any reservations for 10 days from my check-in. We are checking in 5/2, so I have to wait another week to call! Next Friday it is! Foiled!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:55 AM   #173
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Wow!! I LOVE your e-pic inspiration board!!! Gorgeous!! Cant wait to see those pictures!
Thank you!! I'm really looking forward to it!!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:39 AM   #174
ladyemz
Mouseketeer

Just read through your PJ, love your dress and it will look super pretty with the sparkle on! Hope your e-photos go well today and you don't have any snow! Look forward to reading more, I especially love your ideas for the signs!!!

Emma & Scott's Wishes Wedding PJ

DLP - 2008, 2011
WDW - 2011 POR/BLT, 2012 - Offsite villa (March - DFTW Planning!) SSR/GF/DCL/BLT (October - Our wedding and Disneymoon!)
ladyemz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #175
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
So I just tried to call and nope! haha She said I can make them at 180 days from my check-in date, and then she can make any reservations for 10 days from my check-in. We are checking in 5/2, so I have to wait another week to call! Next Friday it is! Foiled!
I'm so sorry. That's what I had been told by someone at dining reservations, so I was very excited until now. I called that number this morning and the lady I talked to gave me another phone number and said I would have to call them. I went ahead and called THAT number and the lady answered, "1900 Park Fare," so I figured that would work. Since my day to call is now the Sunday after yours, I asked her what time they would be open and she said someone should be in around 6:30 am. I guess I will be up early that day. Did they give you a better number to call to make your reservations?
Old 10-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #176
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

Awesome inspiration board! luv ur ideas
Do u have a facebook account?? Mrs Duck created the Disbrides page! Friend request me- Michelle Martin Sanchez. We r trying 2 spread the word 2 all the brides... Hope u have a blast taking ur e-pics!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:26 AM   #177
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyemz View Post
Just read through your PJ, love your dress and it will look super pretty with the sparkle on! Hope your e-photos go well today and you don't have any snow! Look forward to reading more, I especially love your ideas for the signs!!!
Thanks so much!! We had snow Thursday night, it was GORGEOUS yesterday (so happy & lucky!) and tonight we are supposedly getting 6-12 inches. Eek!! Thanks for following along!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:27 AM   #178
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so sorry. That's what I had been told by someone at dining reservations, so I was very excited until now. I called that number this morning and the lady I talked to gave me another phone number and said I would have to call them. I went ahead and called THAT number and the lady answered, "1900 Park Fare," so I figured that would work. Since my day to call is now the Sunday after yours, I asked her what time they would be open and she said someone should be in around 6:30 am. I guess I will be up early that day. Did they give you a better number to call to make your reservations?
haha, no worries!! Sorry I ruined the excitement for you! But next week we'll try again!! They told me to call back the same #, so hopefully I won't have any issues!!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #179
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
Awesome inspiration board! luv ur ideas
Do u have a facebook account?? Mrs Duck created the Disbrides page! Friend request me- Michelle Martin Sanchez. We r trying 2 spread the word 2 all the brides... Hope u have a blast taking ur e-pics!
Thanks!! So glad you're back I am about to head to your PJ!
Yes I am! I will go there now too! haha
Old 10-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #180
tric8783
DIS Veteran

So our engagement pics could not have gone better... we are so thrilled with our choice for our photographers!! I was able to get my hands on everything they asked us to bring and I can't wait to see the pictures!!

We went down to their house (they live in New Haven right on the water) and followed them to a park close by, with a view of the water and some gorgeous trees. ahh I hope they come out good so I can share!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: