Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2011, 01:19 PM   #31
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Just saw the FedEx truck across the street and got all excited! *pout* He drove away without bringing me anything!
HeatherLassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #32
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLassell View Post
lol My kids think the rooms look awesome. I think my boys would hate staying in a Little Mermaid room. The Family Suites are atleast boy friendly themes. We all love Cars (but that carpet is gross and crazy), Nemo and Lion King!
The Cars suites were my least favorite!! Everything looks brown! Some of the Lion King and Nemo suites were ok but just too bright for me to handle for a week. Clearly the rooms are geared toward kids!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #33
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
The Cars suites were my least favorite!! Everything looks brown! Some of the Lion King and Nemo suites were ok but just too bright for me to handle for a week. Clearly the rooms are geared toward kids!
Yeah only reason I'd stay at the AOA is because I'd be bringing my 3 young kids. If I had the budget I would be at one of the Animal Kingdom resorts I think! I love animals and it looks amazing.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:16 AM   #34
Enchanted88
A dream is a wish your heart makes

I'm in!!! I'm on the Oct. '12 thread and saw you started a PTR!! I'm starting one soon, too! AoA looks too fun!! We are staying and POP as well, and we might switch over to AoA..or maybe just leave for next time! I'm so glad I'm not the only one wanting to do everything I possibly can for our trip that's a year away as I can! lol I am in good company! Can't wait to read more!

401 days 'till Disney!!! But who's counting?!?! --A PTR
Enchanted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #35
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted88 View Post
I'm in!!! I'm on the Oct. '12 thread and saw you started a PTR!! I'm starting one soon, too! AoA looks too fun!! We are staying and POP as well, and we might switch over to AoA..or maybe just leave for next time! I'm so glad I'm not the only one wanting to do everything I possibly can for our trip that's a year away as I can! lol I am in good company! Can't wait to read more!
Welcome! And make sure you post your PTR once you start it so I can join yours! I'm just gonna wait a few months and see how the $ situation is. I might switch or I might not! lol I have no idea. I just know we have 8 day park hoppers and I have till April to decide on the ADRs that I want to make!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #36
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

First day of school is today! Ava had her first day of Kindergarten, Braden was off to his first day in grade 3 and Cole (who had the biggest change) went to a brand new school to start HIGH SCHOOL! They all very quickly let me take a photo each this morning. lol It was really sunny so we went around to the back of the house to find some shade.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #37
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Came home at 7pm to see a DISNEY STORE box...just sitting on my front step. Boy they are trusting that no one will steal it!

The kids shirts are awesome!!!! But mine came in and it was the wrong shirt! *pout* But anyways Theresa at the DisneyStore was awesome and within 10 minutes or so she was making sure the correct shirt would be sent out. She didn't say anything about what I do with the wrong shirt. Do I get to keep it? I'm fine with sending it back if they provide the shipping stuff. I guess I'll see when it comes in! But she never said anything other than "I'm so sorry ma'am. The new shirt will be on its way!" and something about sprinkling tinkerbell dust on my thursday. She was really nice!

*the shirt that came in was the Golden MINNIE MOUSE tee instead of the Golden MICKEY MOUSE tee. I can see how they might get confused easily. Only reason I want the Mickey shirt is that it's a very pale golden colour and the shirt they sent (minnie) is a very dark grey. I'd rather not attract the sun!*
Old 09-09-2011, 07:09 AM   #38
Enchanted88

Quote:
Came home at 7pm to see a DISNEY STORE box...just sitting on my front step. Boy they are trusting that no one will steal it!

The kids shirts are awesome!!!! But mine came in and it was the wrong shirt! *pout* But anyways Theresa at the DisneyStore was awesome and within 10 minutes or so she was making sure the correct shirt would be sent out. She didn't say anything about what I do with the wrong shirt. Do I get to keep it? I'm fine with sending it back if they provide the shipping stuff. I guess I'll see when it comes in! But she never said anything other than "I'm so sorry ma'am. The new shirt will be on its way!" and something about sprinkling tinkerbell dust on my thursday. She was really nice!

*the shirt that came in was the Golden MINNIE MOUSE tee instead of the Golden MICKEY MOUSE tee. I can see how they might get confused easily. Only reason I want the Mickey shirt is that it's a very pale golden colour and the shirt they sent (minnie) is a very dark grey. I'd rather not attract the sun!*

Yay for Disney shirts! I'm trying to hold off on buying things for the trip, because I think if I started now, I wouldn't be able to control myself! hahaha

But I have decided to order a Disney sun dress this spring, becasue from what I learned here on the DIS, that's the only time they sell them, and they are SUPER cute! But I will definately be buying some other things as well! I LOVE your carry on bags! tooo cute! I might have to get some of those!

Old 09-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #39
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted88 View Post
I LOVE your carry on bags! tooo cute! I might have to get some of those!
Well to keep the excitment alive (plus I buy usually only things on sale and I always search for promo code discounts) I am ordering from Disney Store once every month or 2.

And unfortunately you can't get the same bags cause they have all been discontinued by Disney! *sad face* I don't know why. I can't see they weren't good selling products. But they don't have ANY personalized luggage/bags anymore on disneystore.com

A disney sun dress? Hmmmm I will have to watch for these! lol
Old 09-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #40
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Awesome video!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PDRu...ayer_embedded#!
Old 09-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #41
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing the video

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #42
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Thank you for sharing the video
NP! I will be sharing everything I find cool over the next year!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #43
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Oh my goodness I need a Disney intervention!

Watching a video from when the Fantasyland expansion was FIRST announced and I started crying (little sobby tears) when they showed the Beasts restaurant. I am just THAT excited to show my kids Disney World and my daughter especially all of these princess areas!!!

Tell me I'm not the only one who gets this emotional? I mean as I've said it will have been almost 18 yrs since I've been there when we go next year. Maybe I'm also really excited for me?
Old 09-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #44
Enchanted88

Quote:
Oh my goodness I need a Disney intervention!

Watching a video from when the Fantasyland expansion was FIRST announced and I started crying (little sobby tears) when they showed the Beasts restaurant. I am just THAT excited to show my kids Disney World and my daughter especially all of these princess areas!!!

Tell me I'm not the only one who gets this emotional? I mean as I've said it will have been almost 18 yrs since I've been there when we go next year. Maybe I'm also really excited for me?
I am just as excited! You are not alone!!! I can't wait to eat there, and just bask in Beauty and the Beast land! haha

Old 09-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #45
jenny105
DIS Veteran

That restaurant looks gorgeous!

Nope, you're not the only one. I cry during Wishes. And when I went to DL this past spring (first time!) I cried during World of Color. EVERYBODY cried during World of Color. I also got a little choked up when I went to see Winnie the Pooh in theaters. I'm a big sap!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: