Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
McKclanof6
Earning My Ears

American girl dolls on QVC this year?

Has anyone heard if Qvc will be selling the american girl dolls again this year?

Thanks
McKclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
ThreeAngels
DIS Veteran

Location: Born and raised in Buffalo, NY. GO BILLS!! Now raising our family near Atlanta, GA.

I've been wondering the same thing. I've searched on their website a few times hoping something would show up, but it hasn't. This is where I've always found out about it, though, so hopefully someone will know.

ThreeAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
Graciesmom77
DIS Veteran

I called QVC on Sunday and the woman told me to keep checking online. She said as long as she has worked there they have had it every year and has not heard any thing different for this year. I sure hope they do. I need to get Kanani for DD10 and I love that you get an extra outfit or some deal with QVC. These darn AG girls and their stuff is not cheap.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
winesis
Earning My Ears

I would love to know the date as well.
winesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran

I think they will sell them this year just once, but not as a TV show. I don't know much, but will post if I see it announced on their website. They have sold them for the past three years, so the customer service rep was right. Last year was just once, so that's why I think it will be once again as well. The AG anniversary on QVC is around 9/11; or maybe around a Christmas show (the 25th of each month leading up to December).

I still have Julie in the closet from a over a year ago; that's my DD's b-day gift. I also got Chrissa and Elizabeth there. I have yet to buy a doll from AG itself, but QVC offers good deals.
QVCshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #6
lts862
DIS Veteran

We got Chrissa and a shole set of her stuff on QVC a few years ago. It was a great deal!! I am keeping my eyes open for something similar this year! Good Luck!

Proud SSR owner

lts862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #7
kinntj
DIS Veteran

QVC shopper-What I was looking for was those stuffed turtle or ladybug nightlights. My 7 year old loves her (got it when she was 6 last Christmas) and I wanted to buy 3 more. They are $35 a piece and they show stars in different colors on the ceiling. QVC has the neatest things sometimes. I love their service too.

Nevermind, I found the Twilight plush constellation Nightlights I wanted. I ordered 3 with one on waitlist. If I don't get it, not a huge deal...I hope i do though. They were $29.43 with S & H and tax. My 7 year old hauls hers everywhere, even on vacation to go to sleep.

I will look forward to the AG sale they have.

We're back from our June 2014 Aulani trip!

Currently reading: 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
2014 Book challenge: 12
Insurgent, Allegiant, Eat Sleep Move, Unbroken,

Last edited by kinntj; 09-03-2011 at 12:37 PM.
kinntj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #8
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinntj View Post
QVC shopper-What I was looking for was those stuffed turtle or ladybug nightlights. My 7 year old loves her (got it when she was 6 last Christmas) and I wanted to buy 3 more. They are $35 a piece and they show stars in different colors on the ceiling. QVC has the neatest things sometimes. I love their service too.

Nevermind, I found the Twilight plush constellation Nightlights I wanted. I ordered 3 with one one waitlist. If I don't get it, not a huge deal...I hope i do though. They were $29.43 with S & H and tax. My 7 year old hauls hers everywhere, even on vacation to go to sleep.

I will look forward to the AG sale they have.
I just saw your update, but here's the link:
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...ook-by-Cloud-B

I've had good luck with their waitlists. My kids like those Zoobies, and I saw they have a zebra one. My son will flip!
Old 09-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #9
kinntj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QVCshopper View Post
I just saw your update, but here's the link:
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...ook-by-Cloud-B

I've had good luck with their waitlists. My kids like those Zoobies, and I saw they have a zebra one. My son will flip!
Now you've peaked my interest and will have to look what a Zoobie is. I love having a niece and nephew that are 1 and 3! Such a fun age to shop for.

Those are cute! plush with blanket and mini. I better stop now while I'm ahead. Trying to save money for a AG bundle.

Thank you for looking it up. I kept typing in Kids nightlight and nothing would come up. I was ready to give up, when I typed in night light and then it popped up. I was so excited! There are certain things I buy from QVC. AG, some toys, and Philosophy!

Last edited by kinntj; 09-03-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #10
vitalogy
vitalogy

american girl

I am always out about 500.00 dollars when i go to american girl doll store
vitalogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #11
kinntj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalogy View Post
I am always out about 500.00 dollars when i go to american girl doll store
That's really not hard to do at all. It's all staring at you to "buy me". I'm glad I live far enough away from one, where I don't shop in store. When it comes to QVC, I buy around $200 though. Bad enough.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #12
mom2val
Can't wait to go back

Just checking to see if anyone has heard if there will be a show on qvc before Christmas. DD really wants Molly and I was hoping qvc would offer her this year.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #13
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2val View Post
Just checking to see if anyone has heard if there will be a show on qvc before Christmas. DD really wants Molly and I was hoping qvc would offer her this year.
Nope, I haven't heard anything. To be honest, I'm not sure they are even doing it this year, but if they do, I guess the best bet would be around the 25th of any month leading up to Christmas.

I promise to post if I hear anything. But, if AG offers free shipping and you haven't heard anything about QVC by then, I'd probably just go ahead and buy her through them.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #14
bas71873
DIS Veteran

It is QVC or HSN? I ask because I could have sworn I read a thread recently about AG stuff being sold at HSN? Should I watch for AG at both?

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #15
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lts862 View Post
We got Chrissa and a shole set of her stuff on QVC a few years ago. It was a great deal!! I am keeping my eyes open for something similar this year! Good Luck!
When you say a "whole set", what did that include? I'm just curious. DD got the $179 set for Kinani for her bday, so I'm curious to compare what the AG set vs. the QVC includes or does not include.

Also, does QVC only usually offer 1 doll or do they give your options? DD is just now getting into these dolls, so I'm new at hunting down AG bargains!

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: