Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #31
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

The family tour sounds like a lot of fun and your Dad will love Kennedy. Jacob and I went our last weekend in Florida and had a great time. Warn him that it will be really sunny and hot, not a lot of trees.

Can't wait to read about your trip!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #32
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Exciting news!!! The big job interview? I got it! I will be a permanent full time primary teacher as of August. So excited, surprised and relieved!!!!

Sooooooooo I can now start to get stuck into my planning. Just got the tickets to pay, our ESTAS to do and travel insurance to confirm.

Going to make a little light green mickey head too to put on my bag just in case! Would love to meet a fellow diser out there!

Almost done with my tshirts. Patches look great and got some ribbon to go with them so the girls are super happy with them. Will post pics soon!

Last edited by ScotsMinnie; 05-15-2012 at 03:50 PM.
ScotsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #33
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!!!! How exciting!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
Old 06-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #34
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Tickets are here! Yay!

Sooooooo much has happened recently that I haven't even looked at this PTR!

As I mentioned in my last post I got the big job I went for and am still on Cloud 9! After a year on supply I finally have a permanent post. Even better I ahve been places in the lovely little school near me where I have been covering an illness for the last few months. I love it there!

Today we had a really exciting day as the Olympic torch for the London 2012 Olympics came right past the school. It is being carried by athletes and local community heroes and all of the children dressed in red, white and blue and we waved our flags and cheered like crazy!

Here we are waiting and the torch eventually coming past.

Back to my trip though! We now have our flight info and tags etc and our park tickets have arrived!

We have got tickets for my Dad, DH and DD11 for Universal.

We have got our 14 day Disney tickets, just about to order 1 annual pass and that will be all! It makes sense for us to get 1 annual pass as the savings on parking make up for the extra cost by far.

Having the tickets makes it so much more real. Still got loads to do though before we go. I need some bits and pieces to wear and lots to organise for us being away. The dog is being left at my Mums house with my cousin's daughter who is going to stay there with them. Need to make sure she has had a bath and is on her best behaviour!

We have now booked our transport to Manchester for our flight. DH and my Dad are going to drive down in one car with most of the luggage. Mum, the girls and I are booked on the train. We will all meet at our airport hotel. The trip down is not so bad but on the way home we get back t the airport at about 8am (3am florida time) and it is a 4 hour drive home. DH can get a wee sleep on the plane and says he will be fine to drive. I can never sleep and know I will not feel good enough to drive back home. The train will be the better option for me. Looking forward to a relaxing trip.

The only issue is that DH has got tickets for a concert in Manchester that night. He loved this band in the 90s and they have reformed and are only doing a few venues. He was over the moon when he realised they were playing Manchester the night that we were there. I am just hoping he doesnt make a lot of noise coming into the room at midnight and wake the girls up. He may not make it to Florida of he does!!!

The other good news is that another family we know well have just booked to go to WDW same time as us so we will be planning to meet up with them towards the end of our trip and the beginning of theirs. It will be so nice to meet up with them.

We also have been thinking about our first day and have changed our plans slightly. Last trip DH and my Dad went to the east coast to do some fishing. They have decided they really want to do that again. They are going to head off first thing and do the 4 hour fishing trip. Mum, the girls and I are going to go to Downtown Disney to hit some shops. DD6's eyes are going to pop out of her head when sees World of Disney so we may be in there for a loooooooong time! We will get an icecream sundae and activate our annual pass. We will then meet the guys there after they drop the little hire car at one of the Downtown Disney hotels and go back to the villa for some pool time and a little disco nap for the girls. (Disco nap is a little sleep in preparation for a night out!). We will still be really jet lagged so this will be essential if we are going to enjoy our dinner at OHanas. Really looking forward to it!

Old 06-14-2012, 05:47 AM   #35
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Love the pics of the Olympic Torch. Did you take the girls out of school for it? One of my other friends from there in Scotland did.

for having the tickets! That does make it feel all real.

That's that your husband will get to see the band. I can't imagine driving 4 hours after two weeks at WDW and that long flight.

Sounds like the first day will be really nice.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #36
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Love the pics of the Olympic Torch. Did you take the girls out of school for it? One of my other friends from there in Scotland did.

for having the tickets! That does make it feel all real.

That's that your husband will get to see the band. I can't imagine driving 4 hours after two weeks at WDW and that long flight.

Sounds like the first day will be really nice.
I was really lucky at my school as the torch went right past the front of the school. The girls school is quite a bit from the route. They took the two oldest classes to see it and it was a 4 mile walk for them. It would have been too much for the younger ones so you could pick them up and take them yourself if you wanted to. I work so thats not easy but we were lucky enough to hold the torch when it toured with the bank my brother works for so I just left her in school. She told me she had already held it so was happy to stay with her friends at school.

It was a good day but even the little ones at our school got bored waiting and were thoroughly underwhelmed!!!!! The older ones enjoyed it though! (and us oldies!)
Old 06-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #37
Happydog
DIS Veteran

How neat that you were able to see the torch! That is pretty amazing and what a unique opportunity! Alas, I didn't get my act together about the pen pal thing, but the trip is a surprise. So maybe, if you are at wilderness, if you still have that plan, we can meet up for a hello!

You must be excited about the trip getting close! I know I am!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #38
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

Hey You will have arrived in WDW by now

I did not get to pop in last week to join your send off - have a magicial trip

Big congrats on your appointment, permanent positions are like golddust these day

Look forward to reading about your trip.

We too had a great view of the olympic torch it travelled through the village the children enjoyed the experience.

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
gallmcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #39
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Hi all! Thought I would drop by to say we have now been here for a few days and are having a fabulous time. The journey here was long but easy and we are slowly getting used to the heat. Can't wait to tell you all about it!
Old 07-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #40
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

Sounds wonderful, we are still having rain! Enjoy every minute : )

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
Old 09-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #41
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I am so ashamed of not posting in here about our trip! I promise to start a trip report very soon especially since we have just booked next years trip!!! A very different trip so will share all when I get some time to sit down and tell our story!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #42
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

Oh a trip for next year does sound good : ) look forward to your trip repor

Old 09-30-2012, 06:25 AM   #43
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

How exciting you have another trip planned. I'll be patiently waiting to hear all the details of both!

Old 01-12-2013, 04:59 AM   #44
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

My poor deserted trip report!!

Well its been ages since our trip and as I have said we have actually booked a new one so I am going to upload some pics today and share some of the fantastic things we did while we were away. We really did have an amazing holiday which passed way too quickly. The activities we lined up worked out perfectly and noone wanted to come home.

As our ADRs are already booked for this year and I am sooo in the Disney mood I will try super hard to get something on here!

Old 01-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #45
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Travel day and Day 1!

Finally got some pictures uploaded so will make a start on this report. Words may be sparse as it was quite a while ago but I will share some of the photos and remember what I can!

The trip to Manchester and the flight to Orlando was actually quite easy. Virgin flight was great and the girls were so good keeping themselves busy. Car pickup was also easy and we were on our way home in our huge car before we knew it. The car was enormous! It felt like driving a truck - I loved it!!!!

Arriving on the monorail!

The villa was lovely and after a trip to Publix for supplies and a swim in the pool we had an early night and hoped that the jet lag would be kind.

Taking advantage of the tendency to rise early on the first day due to jet lag Dad and DH went off to Port Canaveral again this year for their fishing trip.
They had a great time and caught lots of fish. They have used the same company 3 times now and love the relaxed atmosphere and the friendliness of the people who run the boat.

Mum, the girls and I had a slow morning getting ready but were still ready to go shopping pretty early! In fact we were at the Premium Outlets before they opened!!! Dashed jet lag!

We spend some $$ and DD10 bought herself some converse trainers. After we had finished we made our way to Downtown Disney for a look round and our first little taste of Disney. We looked in all the stores and the girls had a great time.

A serious pose!

Cheeky monkey!

Certificates for playing Puffles in Duffles!

I bet everyone has this photo!

Katie overjoyed to find her favourite bear!

Of course we enjoyed an ice cream! They were massive!

After meeting the boys again we headed back to the villa to get cleaned up for our dinner at O'Hanas. We had never had dinner there before so were really looking forward to it. Of course, since it was the 3rd July we were also hoping to be able to watch the fireworks from the beach there too. The dinner was fantastic. Why had we not eaten there before????

We made our way to the beach afterwards and the girls played in the sand until the fireworks started. It was a lovely night although there was some thunder and lightening near the MK so it was delayed by over an hour. We didnt mind waiting though and they were so worth the wait.

We headed for home and to bed as everyone was exhausted. We were traveling to see friends the next day and were really excited to spend time with them. A fantastic first day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: