Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #16
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

The ADR's look great! I can't imagine trying to make all of those by calling each day. for you Mum. And I love all of your choices, especially WCC. One of our favorites.

Have a fabulous time shopping. And I hope you find the perfect bag, I'm looking for a nice backpack myself.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #17
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

She did well!!!!!

Well after a great day wandering around the shops I did manage to buy some things for our trip. I didn't find a bag sadly. A few I really liked but nothing which would be perfect for touring the parks with.

Mum managed to find a swimsuit and a few lovely tops and I bought a top and a sundress. Not much in the shops just now for summer (we were a bit early I think!) but we had fun anyway. We had sushi for lunch and Mum has decided we should get some on holiday if we can. I know you can have sushi at the California Grill but we will be stuffed that day. I see there is a sushi bar in the Poly. Anyone been there? Is it good?

DD5 was a happy bunny as I treated her to a new Disney charm bracelet and the first months charm which is Rapunzel. The second month is Tiana and they came out this week but there are sold out so far. I will order that one online. They are releasing a new charm every month to go on it and she loves it so far. I told her there are lots of charms like them that you can buy at WDW which she is v excited about!

Well back to school tomorrow so off to get bags packed and uniforms ironed!

Any thoughts on the sushi bar would be appreciated!!!

ScotsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #18
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Glad you found a few items, but sorry you didn't find a bag. Do they sell Vera Bradley there? That is what I am considering since they aren't too big, lightweight and I think I can just wash it when it gets dirty.

I don't do Sushi, but did notice on my BFF trip that there is a little quick service place in Japan at Epcot that has a Sushi Combo meal. Looks like there is another spot too, Katsura Grill also at Japan. I'm thinking that is the little booth beside the high tower, so bad of me that I don't know what it is called.

The bracelet sounds really sweet. How nice to get a new charm each month.

Hope you have a great week!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #19
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

Well done mum on getting adr's booked

ADR's looking great, all our fav's except whispering canyon we haven't been yet it is on our list for this year but not sure we can squeeze it in. I'm with you on the bacon We had a funny story at CRT with bacon last trip as we requested more and the cm was making the kids laugh by giving them the phrase "shhh don't tell piglet"

I cannot help with the sushi bar somewhere we have not visited, I have read lots of great reviews from sushi dishes purchased from onsite restaurants.

You cannot beat making lists

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
gallmcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #20
Happydog
DIS Veteran

hello! I just found your TR!! We are going to be at Disney over the 4th of July too! I love all your ADRs! We have many of the same, and for all the same reasons you suggest! My DS9 is going to be 10 in June, right before our trip. What grade is your DD in? She just turned 10, right? Our son had a pen pal from Noroway, we met the family on a cruise last spring break, Italy/Greece over Easter. I gave her our email address, and she emailed him! They email every so often, it is kind of neat to have a friend from a different place! Maybe we could do the same with your older daughter, if you want, like a pen pal? Either way, I completely agree with you about the restaurant choices! We have almost the same! We are staying at WLV, for that week, July 1 - 8. I have to say I love your Edinburgh!! We go every other year or so for the Fringe!

Your air fare is incredible, I don't doubt the expense it must be! It is hard to think about summer clothes already, but you are right, you have to start planning or you don't get the best selection!!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your planning in the next few months!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #21
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
hello! I just found your TR!! We are going to be at Disney over the 4th of July too! I love all your ADRs! We have many of the same, and for all the same reasons you suggest! My DS9 is going to be 10 in June, right before our trip. What grade is your DD in? She just turned 10, right? Our son had a pen pal from Noroway, we met the family on a cruise last spring break, Italy/Greece over Easter. I gave her our email address, and she emailed him! They email every so often, it is kind of neat to have a friend from a different place! Maybe we could do the same with your older daughter, if you want, like a pen pal? Either way, I completely agree with you about the restaurant choices! We have almost the same! We are staying at WLV, for that week, July 1 - 8. I have to say I love your Edinburgh!! We go every other year or so for the Fringe!

Your air fare is incredible, I don't doubt the expense it must be! It is hard to think about summer clothes already, but you are right, you have to start planning or you don't get the best selection!!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your planning in the next few months!!!
I have spoken to my eldest DD and she is really keen to be a pen pal. Let me know how you want to get started!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #22
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

A few changes!

Oh I have really neglected my PTR! This weekend we have only 9 weeks to go!!!!

Since I last updated we have made a few changes and added some extras in too.

My Dad really wanted to go to Kennedy Space Center but noone else was too bothered so he found out about a coach tour that he could go on by himself. He is more than happy to do that. So we have booked him a great tour which includes transport.

The day that he is off to NASA my Mum and I are going to take the girls to the MK to do the Family Magic Tour. I have really fancied this for a while so we have booked us in as a surprise for them. DH is very excited to have a morning in the villa by himself relaxing. We will be meeting him for a late lunch at the Whispering Canyon Cafe later in the day. So looking forward to seeing the girls enjoying the tour.

I have also been doing a serious amount of shopping. We don't get the greatest of summers and with two growing girls they did need a lot of new summer clothes. DD10 is growing at a scary rate - she is really tall and gets no wear at all out of any of her clothes. DD5 (nearly 6) on the other hand still fits into age 3-4 shorts. I still need to get some things for me too so a little more shopping still to be done.

I have also order some patches from Etsy to sew onto white tshirts. I have ordered 7 altogether and they have been shipped so I cant wait to see them. DD10 and DD5 have both chosen some characters they like and they have each ordered a little girl dressed as Minnie. DD10 says she will wear it on the first MK day to match her little sister but after that she will not wear it on the same day. Apparently wearing matching tops with your sister is not cool!

DD5 is super excited about seeing Duffy and I had seen pictures of a Duffy wristlet purse which I looked at on ebay to buy her at Christmas time. The price of them and postage to the UK was ridiculous so I didn't get one. However, someone at DHs work was going and offered to get one for us. So I now have that (its bigger than i thought - but so cute) and we are going to give it to her for her birthday from Duffy. For Christmas Tinkerbell sent her a Tinkerbell doll with a note explaining that Mickey told her she was visiting and that she couldn't wait to see her. So we thought Duffy might do the same. I love that she is at the age where she does not question things like that and just goes along with the magic!

DD10 is also really excited about meeting her school friend on the 4th July. It will be great to hang out with them that day. I am sure the girls will have a ball.

I shall post some pics of my patches when they come. I have the tshirts ready to sew them onto so hopefully they will be done soon. So much still to do - and thankfully time is passing very quickly!

Old 04-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #23
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I just have to say I have been super neglectful of my PTR too! AND I am still interested in having our kids email if you are! I just have to get through a few things here at our house, then once I am clear of the chaos, I will be able to devote more attention to my excitement over our vacation!! Happy planning and fun shopping!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #24
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Joining in! The girls are beautiful! I love that your parents will be joining you!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #25
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hi there! I just have to say I have been super neglectful of my PTR too! AND I am still interested in having our kids email if you are! I just have to get through a few things here at our house, then once I am clear of the chaos, I will be able to devote more attention to my excitement over our vacation!! Happy planning and fun shopping!
Would still be lovely to have them email. I will DM you my email address. Would love to join your PTR but can't see the link in your siggy.

I also need to sort out my house - its not the tidiest but I have so much on at the moment and a big job interview coming up. Feels like too much going on in my little head at the moment. Still room for Disney excitement though!!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #26
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
Joining in! The girls are beautiful! I love that your parents will be joining you!
Thank you - glad you joined in!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #27
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Love your report! And how exciting, your trip is so soon! Your Dad will love NASA - we scheduled a half day there and wish we had done a whole day instead, it was so fascinating! Looking forward to seeing the esty patches!
PS - Good luck with the big interview!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #28
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Love your report! And how exciting, your trip is so soon! Your Dad will love NASA - we scheduled a half day there and wish we had done a whole day instead, it was so fascinating! Looking forward to seeing the esty patches!
PS - Good luck with the big interview!
Thanks for joining in! He is really looking forward to NASA. Maybe next time we will take the girls. Still waiting (im)patiently for my patches! Can't wait to see them.

Tonight made a visit to the Disney Store for Rapunzel goodies for DD5's 6th birthday. She wants a Rapunzel dress to wear at the BBB but they didnt have her size so had to come home and order it online! Still it was good having a wee look and managed to pick up a few things for the trip too.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #29
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

Shopping is so much fun when you have a vacation planned I have been well neglecting my ptr need to get back on track! DM and DF flew out to orlando this morning so we are feeling very holidayish so printed out the weeks navigators from recent eastern fantasy cruise to read and plan

DD1 was 6 last week and was also requesting rapunzel items must be a P1 thing! Hope the job interview went well

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
gallmcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #30
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallmcduck View Post
Shopping is so much fun when you have a vacation planned I have been well neglecting my ptr need to get back on track! DM and DF flew out to orlando this morning so we are feeling very holidayish so printed out the weeks navigators from recent eastern fantasy cruise to read and plan

DD1 was 6 last week and was also requesting rapunzel items must be a P1 thing! Hope the job interview went well
Rapunzel must be the "in" princess of the moment! DD5 is obsessed with her! I ordered her the dress and tiara and the little plush Pascale. She wants to wear the dress to the BBB and its the only thing she asked for for her birthday so was essential that i found it!

Time is passing so fast now. We have almost paid for everything and I have actually started to pack a case!!! We have bought so much new stuff that its easier to just put it in a suitcase.
I also bought some pins from ebay so the girls now have a big stash to trade when we get there. I am in full list mode and will start really getting sorted after the interview that is coming up. At least I know that regardless of what happens with that I have an fabulous holiday to look forward to!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: