Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #796
piraterunner
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
i am not getting Pocahontas
Ah nuts! Is she the one you really wanted? Why did they say they had 40 sets initially? Square one didn't get too many my friend said "If we counted correctly. They have 47 Jasmine,38 Rapunzel,27 Tiana and Pochantos and Aurora 24 " at square one looks like she will only be getting Jasmine
piraterunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #797
berrybread
Mouseketeer

Didn't get rapunzel. People at the front of the line gobbled up all the dolls in the blink of an eye. I'm sure some couples came home with 10 dolls. Oh well, I guess I'll try online. From what I could hear they had 24 rapunzel, 28 jasmine, 14 pocahontas and I couldn't hear the rest.
berrybread is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #798
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Yes she was my fav. I don't think they said 40 sets i think the most they had was 40 of one princess and these ppl who can't speak English don't think even know the names of the girls are selling them on ebay

Last edited by glenpreece; 10-17-2011 at 09:17 AM.
glenpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #799
KateB
Mouseketeer

They passed out cards and my mom could get Jasmine & Rapunzel.... The other three were gone...
August 2012- 3 year Anniversary- Saratoga Springs!!!!

KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #800
piraterunner
Mouseketeer

Yay!!!!
piraterunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #801
LovinmyDisneylife
Mouseketeer

Well my 4 hour drive to Memphis and staying overnight was definitely worth it. Got all 5 dolls. It was exhausting but totally worth it.

D23 Day One Charter Member2002-All Star Music, 2004-All Star Sports, 2006-Honeymoon at Pop Century, 2007-All Star Movies, Feb 2009-AKL (joined DVC), May 2009-SSR, June 2009-Disneyland Hotel, July 2009-Pop Century, Sept 2009-Grand Californian for D23 Expo, Oct 2009-SSR, Jan 2010-AKV-Kidani, May 2010-AKV-Kidani, August 2010-Disney Wonder Cruise, Sept 2010-AKV-Kidani, Oct 2010-Caribbean Beach for D23 Sip & Stroll, Dec 2010-Disney Wonder Cruise, May/June 2011-BWV/AKV-Kidani, July 2011-SSR, August 2011-VGC for D23 Expo, Oct 2011-VWL, Oct 2011-Disney Dream Cruise, Dec 2011-Pop Century for D23 Magic & Merriment, March 2012-AKV-Kidani, May/June 2012-AKV-Jambo/BCV, July 2012-Disney Fantasy Cruise, Oct/Nov 2012-AKV-Jambo, Dec 2012-Disney Dream Cruise, Jan 2013-AKV-Kidani, May/June 2013-BLT, Aug 2013-VGC for D23 Expo, Oct 2013-VGF, Dec 2013-BLT, Jan 2014-Disney Magic Cruise, March 2014-Disney Magic Cruise.
LovinmyDisneylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #802
ReggieB
DIS Cast Member
I don't kiss cats anymore. I do like cats really, I just shouldn't kiss them

Congrats on those who were able to get all the dolls, very jealous. Sad for those that didn't get what they wanted. I shall try online tomorrow, but I reckon it's going to be an Ebay job to get them all. I shall wait a week or so, to let the prices steady themselves.

2013: Disney Magic, Yacht Club Resort- WDW
2012: Grand Californian Resort, DL - Boardwalk Inn, WDW - Polynesian Resort, WDW - Disney Fantasy
2011: Boardwalk Inn
2010: Disney Magic - Beach Club Resort - MiraCosta (Tokyo Disney Resort)
2009: Yacht Club Resort - Grand Californian Resort, DL
2008: Yacht Club Resort - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disney Sea
2007: Disney Magic - Grand Floridian
2006: Grand Floridian - Disney Magic
2005: Beach Club Resort, Disney Wonder & Contemporary Resort - Wilderness Lodge
2004: Grand Floridian
2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge
1999: Coronado Springs
1995: Newport Bay Club (Disneyland Paris)
ReggieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #803
KuraiKodoku
Earning My Ears

Just thought of this. I'm away from home so I can't double check with the dolls I have. But on the back of the dolls (cardboard sleeve) there's the Sku/ID #.

Do those match the ID's in the online store? That's how we were able to purchase the Snow White quickly online, for those who were up and posting on the forum a helpful person posted the ID number. We just typed in the ID number in the search of the DisneyStore.com and it took us to the page with the doll. Just tried searching the store with Snow White's ID, the feature still works.

So for those with the Dolls actually in hand (able to get them today), can you PM (so lurkers can't get the numbers) the numbers to the people who want a certain doll? That is, if the numbers match.

Such as glenpreece wants Pocahontas and berrybread wants Rapunzel.
I'd like Jasmine if possible.

One issue i have is that the people who got the dolls today to sell on eBay, will try again tomorrow to buy more dolls online to sell on eBay again...
KuraiKodoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #804
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuraiKodoku View Post
Just thought of this. I'm away from home so I can't double check with the dolls I have. But on the back of the dolls (cardboard sleeve) there's the Sku/ID #.

Do those match the ID's in the online store? That's how we were able to purchase the Snow White quickly online, for those who were up and posting on the forum a helpful person posted the ID number. We just typed in the ID number in the search of the DisneyStore.com and it took us to the page with the doll. Just tried searching the store with Snow White's ID, the feature still works.

So for those with the Dolls actually in hand (able to get them today), can you PM (so lurkers can't get the numbers) the numbers to the people who want a certain doll? That is, if the numbers match.

Such as glennpreece wants Pocahontas and berrybread wants Rapunzel.

One issue i have is that the people who got the dolls today to sell on eBay, will try again tomorrow to buy more dolls online to sell on eBay again...
That's a good idea. If anyone needs Tiana or Rapunzel numbers let me know.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #805
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

I'll definitely take ID numbers just in case.

I think the whole point of Disney going down for 45 minutes before the sale is so they can add everything into the site and having it all up and working at noon. At least, I HOPE that is what happens. Unfortunately one little glitch is all is takes for things to go wrong.

I'm also a little nervous, it sounds like they gave a lot of dolls out of the stores today, more than they were giving previously. So there may be even less available online.

edit: I'm afraid to look on ebay right now. Has anyone checked? If I do have to get dolls that way, I'm definitely waiting until after Christmas.
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #806
JenGSLP
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
That's a good idea. If anyone needs Tiana or Rapunzel numbers let me know.
I'd love to get Rapunzel's number, and Jasmine's too if anyone has it.
JenGSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #807
KuraiKodoku
Earning My Ears

At the moment, the "Disney Princess Designer Collection" section on the online store is barren. Nothing there, but the items that used to be there is still on the website. You just need to use the search to find them.
KuraiKodoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #808
JenGSLP
Earning My Ears

Anyone in New Jersey?

I was just curious if anyone went to a New Jersey mall today to try to get dolls, and what was the experience like? I will be trying on-line tomorrow. I couldn't get to my local mall today...I had to get my daughter on the bus at 7:45 and then get to work myself. I've only ordered on line so far (Cinderella, Belle and Ariel...was unable to get Mulan or Snow White). I'm hoping to be able to get Rapunzel, at the very least!
JenGSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #809
Falltime
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuraiKodoku View Post

Such as glenpreece wants Pocahontas and berrybread wants Rapunzel.

that's why they are shutting down the website for 45 min so that item #'s won't work ahead of the regular search feature - everything will go live at once when it comes back up at 12:00 Est so all forms of searches will work equally whether you type in the item # or the doll name won't make a difference
Falltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #810
KuraiKodoku
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falltime View Post
that's why they are shutting down the website for 45 min so that item #'s won't work ahead of the regular search feature - everything will go live at once when it comes back up at 12:00 Est so all forms of searches will work equally whether you type in the item # or the doll name won't make a difference
I see... Well back to square one then.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: