Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #316
Turk February
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
It will be interesting to see how they will "fix" the issues. I bet someone in their tech department has just had a whole lot of work put on their desk! Don't envy them at all. I wonder if they messed up the numbers that had been shipped to stores? Thinking they had more on hand for online sales than they did. There was an error there somewhere.

I do like the fact that they are obviously realizing that there are a bunch of people out there (other than themselves!!) trying to make a profit of the dolls.
As I said in a previous post, this is sadly not just isolated to the designer doll series. They routinely oversell limited edition vinylmations and send out the same cancellation emails. Their entire system needs an overhaul to prevent it from happening on such a large scale.

I think the best "fix" they can give people who got a canceled Snow White is to give them the customary $10 store coupon, or perhaps a bit more since the problem was so widespread this morning. I think anything above that, including the thought of being allowed to purchase another doll before the public, is unfair and won't happen.
February 2011 - CSR
Christmas 2011 - Contemporary (MK View)
April 2013 - AKL Kidani Village (Savanna View)
October 2014 - POP Century
Childhood - March '83, March '84, November '84, January '87, August '87, October '87
Turk February is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #317
jejuneraccoon
Earning My Ears

Slightly off topic: Was anyone able to find out which princess is next after Tiana?
jejuneraccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #318
Falltime
Mouseketeer

not yet - on another site they figured out the URL's for snow white and tiana but nothing beyond that

same thing happens with pins they have limited supply and a few people buy them all up when they are released
Falltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #319
heart goes boOm
Mouseketeer

my doll was cancelled. oh well, at least my sister got her! i created a doll monster... now my sister wants to get as much as she can. lol. i just have to make sure i get jasmine and rapunzel now.
heart goes boOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #320
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Dolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickxo View Post
This may be good for people in the future but this doesn't do anything for the people who were "sold" dolls that they don't have and now have nothing.
I'll take what I can get. At least they recognize there's an issue and are trying to resolve it going forward. with the dolls being LE and how fast they are going, should be changed to 1 per order IMO. Disney will still make their $$$ and sell out.
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #321
heart goes boOm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejuneraccoon View Post
Slightly off topic: Was anyone able to find out which princess is next after Tiana?
i believe jasmine is next, then rapunzel
heart goes boOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #322
berrybread
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateB View Post

She went to her store (got there an hour early) and the 5 people in front of her (who stated that they were all together) got all of their available dolls. They told my mom if she wanted one they would be selling them on eBay! WHAT!?!
My jaw dropped reading that. The nerve of people. I don't even know what to say... "look for them on ebay okay???" Like WTHHH.
berrybread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #323
nyprincess11681
Earning My Ears

This morning while waiting outside the store i saw the cast member carry out the dolls. She brought out 13 then she brought 1 back to the back. When she came out and said they have 12 dolls I asked her where the 13th one went and she said oh its my birthday I put her aside. Are they really allowed to do that?
nyprincess11681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #324
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

When I worked there no. But really it depends on the manager and if they LET them do it.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #325
berrybread
Mouseketeer

Wow I'm so sorry to everyone that didn't get the doll!
I know this is kinda off topic, but I just find it ridiculous that here in Canada the dolls are $75, making it $85 with tax. Thing is currently our dollar is worth more than the US dollar. I'm not driving all the way to the USA to get these dolls, I would never even have a chance to make it in time. I'm buying 3 of the dolls, meaning I have to spend a full $45 more. I could almost buy a whole other doll for USD price! Just makes me upset :\
berrybread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #326
Shivatopia
Mouseketeer

Yuck! Some people will just try to make money off of anything realted to this line. I saw an auction on eBay for the brochure with a BIN price of $10. $10 for a FREE brochure?!? Come on, now! There are also auctions for 2 note cards (2 of the same princess) with a starting bid price of $2.50 and a BIN price of $9.99... The note cards have not even sold out yet, and they retail for $14.50 for the set of 20... All I can say is: Find Your Humanity!
Old 09-19-2011, 07:18 PM   #327
PinkGrits
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know definitely who is after Tiana?
PinkGrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #328
jejuneraccoon
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart goes boOm View Post
i believe jasmine is next, then rapunzel
Thank you!
jejuneraccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #329
Cameragirlla
Earning My Ears

Unhappy

Hi everyone! Sad day my order didn't go through. Do you know if they reverse the funds held immediately?
Cameragirlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #330
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrybread View Post
Wow I'm so sorry to everyone that didn't get the doll!
I know this is kinda off topic, but I just find it ridiculous that here in Canada the dolls are $75, making it $85 with tax. Thing is currently our dollar is worth more than the US dollar. I'm not driving all the way to the USA to get these dolls, I would never even have a chance to make it in time. I'm buying 3 of the dolls, meaning I have to spend a full $45 more. I could almost buy a whole other doll for USD price! Just makes me upset :\
Yes we Candians get ripped off badly by the disney store

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: