Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #286
Turk February
DIS Veteran

I have a job where I have to be up very early in the morning. So I get up at 3:30 this morning, shower, and then jump online to try and buy a doll before I go to work. Well that was stupid! Long sold out. I was easily able to get the first 4 so I guess part of me thought it wouldn't be sold out in 30 minutes, but another part of me knows how much bigger this is getting every week.

I go to work, hopeful that maybe I'll grab one at DS when I have a break. I have a chance to run over to the Times Square Disney Store at 10AM (no possible way I can get there any earlier). Last week, Mulan was available until about 12:30. Well, I overheard a CM tell someone else looking for Snow White that they opened at 9 and had given out all the 'tickets' to get a doll by 8:30.

So I lose out on this one, even though Snow White was one we really wanted. Serves me right for not waking up a bit earlier and scoring online, but then there's no guarantee since people get their orders canceled all the time.

Perhaps my extra Mulan will enable me to trade with someone at some point.
February 2011 - CSR
Christmas 2011 - Contemporary (MK View)
April 2013 - AKL Kidani Village (Savanna View)
October 2014 - POP Century
Childhood - March '83, March '84, November '84, January '87, August '87, October '87
Turk February is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #287
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie1203 View Post
I think everyone is getting a little out of control. I have 4 of each doll so far. My aunt and cousins live in a country were there is no disney store and they won't ship it there. I have 4 cousins and my aunts asked me if I could get all the dolls and ship them because they want them as a christmas present.
THIS I can understand.

The funny thing about all of this was I wasn't even planning on buying any of the dolls. I had bought the nail polish and the clutch and was okay with both of them. Then I wanted Cinderella before she was sold out. So I got her. AND then Belle came out, and she's my other favorite princess so I had to get her too. BUT THEN, I saw the mugs and everything spiraled out of control. I got the Belle mug at the store, but they were sold out of the other mugs (Cinderella and snow white, AND i couldnt have the dolls without the mugs!) So I bought those two from ebay. AND then I thought Snow white was one of the cuter dolls, so I decided I needed her too.

You think this madness is over for me though? Nope. My older sister is begging me to go to the Disney store when Rapunzel is released since she doesn't live near ANY DS. And I want to buy my younger sister Jasmine because she's always been her favorite princess! SO I have two more to go before all this is over. Just two more, I can do this!
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #288
KateB
Mouseketeer

SOOOO SAD!!!!

My mom lives in the Chicago area and has been going to her local DS to buy each doll. We have had no problem buying each of the dolls until today. She went on-line, hoping to buy a back-up doll in case the store didn't have enough. Well her order went through but when we called MS they said the order would NOT be filled.

She went to her store (got there an hour early) and the 5 people in front of her (who stated that they were all together) got all of their available dolls. They told my mom if she wanted one they would be selling them on eBay! WHAT!?!

She has been there every week with another lady who buys them and neither of them could get Snow White. I am so disappointed because she is my FAVORITE princess (I had her haircut as a child and dressed as her for halloween). Also, her store took phone orders, which they told my mom they were not allowed to do.

Oh well, maybe I can get one off of eBay that won't cost me my first born child!!!!
August 2012- 3 year Anniversary- Saratoga Springs!!!!

KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #289
jejuneraccoon
Earning My Ears

Sheeh, what a mess. I wish Disney would opt to up their supply/re-release dolls after this mess.
jejuneraccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #290
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGSLP View Post
There are currently 89 of the dolls on Ebay. Disgusting. Most of them are Mulan and Snow White. I shouldn't have looked. It makes my blood boil.
I searched for Disney Designer Princess doll and got 689 results...

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:02 PM   #291
smnthacapp
Earning My Ears

New to the forum

I can not wait to get my confirmation email saying it shipped. I have been glued to my email since I ordered.
smnthacapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #292
marie1203
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
THIS I can understand.

The funny thing about all of this was I wasn't even planning on buying any of the dolls. I had bought the nail polish and the clutch and was okay with both of them. Then I wanted Cinderella before she was sold out. So I got her. AND then Belle came out, and she's my other favorite princess so I had to get her too. BUT THEN, I saw the mugs and everything spiraled out of control. I got the Belle mug at the store, but they were sold out of the other mugs (Cinderella and snow white, AND i couldnt have the dolls without the mugs!) So I bought those two from ebay. AND then I thought Snow white was one of the cuter dolls, so I decided I needed her too.

You think this madness is over for me though? Nope. My older sister is begging me to go to the Disney store when Rapunzel is released since she doesn't live near ANY DS. And I want to buy my younger sister Jasmine because she's always been her favorite princess! SO I have two more to go before all this is over. Just two more, I can do this!
Same here I didn't even knew until I got a call from my aunts. Now DH and I had woken up by 3 am every Monday morning. My point was I feel a lot of people are judging the people in line but unless they tell you they are selling on ebay it is not fair. Honestly at this point I am a little worried to go into the store with all the madness. Thankfully DH is a big marine and I don't think people will be likely to bad mouth him while we wait. It is just so sad what this has turn into . I thought about collecting them but I need 4 for my cousins I figure the children will get the preference I won't die if I don't get the dolls. But I really want that clutch. I called the store and they said it has been 2 weeks they haven't got any other merchandise just the dolls . Fingers crossed they hopefully get a shipment next Monday but if anyone see the clutch let me know which store please.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #293
Falltime
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnthacapp View Post
I can not wait to get my confirmation email saying it shipped. I have been glued to my email since I ordered.
They have been typically sending them on Wed and Thurs
Falltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #294
princessaholic
Earning My Ears

Hi all, just found out about this board and am glad i did. I just wanted to share my experience with you...just like most everyone i started to collect these designer dolls and had no problems getting the first 4 (except for my Ariel online order - disney warehouse lost it after telling them ups had not recieved the package)...well i hope i am getting it as they have assured me they are shipping her out...but anyways, i stayed up all night to try to get snow white and when i got to the checkout screen finish the transaction, i got a loading screen. when i got on my cellphone and tried to re-order i got a message saying temporarily down...when i finally got back in after a few minutes of trying my order went through, got a confirmation of my order, went on my email and recieved the confirmation email as well. i called this morning to verify it was recieved and processing to my horror, CS agent told me "sorry, but the order did not go through as it had sold out when i placed my order!!!" after getting confirmation it went through!!! so frustrating...
princessaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #295
vickxo
DIS Veteran

Add my family to the list of people without dolls after receiving confirmations! Between my mother in law, myself, my brother, etc we ordered 10 dolls - LET IT BE NOTED NOT TO SELL ON EBAY BUT FOR OURSELVES AND GIFTS FOR KIDS IN THE FAMILY- out of 10 we are only receiving 4 dolls thanks to Disney's royal screw up! Who from Disney is going to come to my house on christmas and explain to my little cousins why one of them got it but not all?! I think this is pathetic! Disney should be embarrassed at their lack of courtesy about the issue! all you get is a TOO BAD! The whole thing honestly makes me sick
93': WDW Dixie Landing; 95': WDW Dixie Landing; 97': WDW Corando Springs; 99': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01':Disney Wonder Cruise - FL/Bahama; 03': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 05': WDW Yacht Club; 07': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 10': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Bahama; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Canada; 13': WDW Boardwalk Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge
vickxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #296
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

I think if I knew before this all started what I know now, I wouldn't have even tried to start collecting these things.
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #297
Shivatopia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie1203 View Post
I think everyone is getting a little out of control. I have 4 of each doll so far. My aunt and cousins live in a country were there is no disney store and they won't ship it there. I have 4 cousins and my aunts asked me if I could get all the dolls and ship them because they want them as a christmas present. I have order them online so far but next week we will have to go to the store since we will be in MIL house and they do not have internet. So that means DH needs to get 2 dolls and I need to get 2 dolls but I can see we will get remarks from the people in line. Honestly I don't care but it seems to cause more problems than really is needed my DH is not one that will keep his mouth shut when people make remarks about him.
On the other hand this are limited edition dolls the whole idea is for them to be exclusive so it is expected they will be hard to get. I won't be devastated if I don't get a few of the dolls but I know my aunt will be (She was the first one to take me to Disney as a child). The only thing I wanted for myself was the purse but it seems to be sold out everywhere.
Sadly, people are prone to making quick judgements of others, especially when they are disgruntled, and in this case, perhaps unable to get what they want. Human nature, I suppose. There is another forum where this topic was discussed in rather heated terms, but as is shown in your case, everyone's situation is different. The worst is that the people out there to only make a profit on these items have created a rather ugly atmosphere where people are even more likely to be suspicious of other's intentions, which clearly can be totally unfounded. Unfortunately, as you pointed out, such is the way of limited edition items! Good luck with completing the 4 sets for your cousins! I am constantly stressing about completing one set for myself (which is completely silly, since at the core of everything, these dolls are only things - things that we all were able to live without a little over a month ago)!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:01 PM   #298
Shivatopia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessaholic View Post
Hi all, just found out about this board and am glad i did. I just wanted to share my experience with you...just like most everyone i started to collect these designer dolls and had no problems getting the first 4 (except for my Ariel online order - disney warehouse lost it after telling them ups had not recieved the package)...well i hope i am getting it as they have assured me they are shipping her out...but anyways, i stayed up all night to try to get snow white and when i got to the checkout screen finish the transaction, i got a loading screen. when i got on my cellphone and tried to re-order i got a message saying temporarily down...when i finally got back in after a few minutes of trying my order went through, got a confirmation of my order, went on my email and recieved the confirmation email as well. i called this morning to verify it was recieved and processing to my horror, CS agent told me "sorry, but the order did not go through as it had sold out when i placed my order!!!" after getting confirmation it went through!!! so frustrating...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickxo View Post
Add my family to the list of people without dolls after receiving confirmations! Between my mother in law, myself, my brother, etc we ordered 10 dolls - LET IT BE NOTED NOT TO SELL ON EBAY BUT FOR OURSELVES AND GIFTS FOR KIDS IN THE FAMILY- out of 10 we are only receiving 4 dolls thanks to Disney's royal screw up! Who from Disney is going to come to my house on christmas and explain to my little cousins why one of them got it but not all?! I think this is pathetic! Disney should be embarrassed at their lack of courtesy about the issue! all you get is a TOO BAD! The whole thing honestly makes me sick
Did either of you guys get the "E-mail of Doom," or did you get the bad news over the phone?
Old 09-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #299
ReggieB
DIS Cast Member
I don't kiss cats anymore. I do like cats really, I just shouldn't kiss them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie122 View Post

I think if I knew before this all started what I know now, I wouldn't have even tried to start collecting these things.
I'm beginning to think this too.

2013: Disney Magic, Yacht Club Resort- WDW
2012: Grand Californian Resort, DL - Boardwalk Inn, WDW - Polynesian Resort, WDW - Disney Fantasy
2011: Boardwalk Inn
2010: Disney Magic - Beach Club Resort - MiraCosta (Tokyo Disney Resort)
2009: Yacht Club Resort - Grand Californian Resort, DL
2008: Yacht Club Resort - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disney Sea
2007: Disney Magic - Grand Floridian
2006: Grand Floridian - Disney Magic
2005: Beach Club Resort, Disney Wonder & Contemporary Resort - Wilderness Lodge
2004: Grand Floridian
2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge
1999: Coronado Springs
1995: Newport Bay Club (Disneyland Paris)
ReggieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #300
vickxo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivatopia View Post
Did either of you guys get the "E-mail of Doom," or did you get the bad news over the phone?
No email, we'd still have no idea if we didn't call ourselves to double check just to get a less than pleasant cm go on and on about it being too bad and nothing they can do, it was like she was reading from a card and yawning..."the computer system couldn't handle the request.........have a magical day."
93': WDW Dixie Landing; 95': WDW Dixie Landing; 97': WDW Corando Springs; 99': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01':Disney Wonder Cruise - FL/Bahama; 03': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 05': WDW Yacht Club; 07': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 10': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Bahama; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Canada; 13': WDW Boardwalk Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge
vickxo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: