Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #271
Loveddis
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandii View Post
Just placed order, search for this product #:
6070040900127P
Thank you. This worked but how did you know?
Loveddis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:11 AM   #272
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Ddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
So they get released in the stores also?!?!?!? I thought it was online only! I unfortunately had no luck this morning, but am hoping to try again next week. However, I have next Monday off and if I can go to the store and get one I might do that?!?!

Thanks!
Unfortunately, not all stores get them and the ones that do get a limited supply. Anywhere from 8-14 I have read so far. People have been lining up REALLY early to try and get them.
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......

Last edited by BigGreen73; 09-19-2011 at 10:01 AM.
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #273
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

Let me know how it all works out for you...I have Cinderella (so easy to get in hindsight! before this madness!) and I definitely want Rapunzel and possibly Sleeping Beauty. I'd rather not go to the store if possible...so 3 am online it is.

Any idea what the timeline for the rest of the releases is?

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #274
bellescastle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Just placed order, search for this product #:
6070040900127P
Thank you Jandii so very much for posting item number, otherwise I couldn't find the doll on the website, now I have one on it's way :0) Will you have the item #'s for the next dolls?
bellescastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #275
MotherofBelle&Will
Earning My Ears

Disappointed

I have Ariel (my older daughter's favorite) and sooooo wanted Snow White (my younger daughter's favorite). I had no idea how crazy this was going to get. When I purchased Ariel, Cinderella was still available and I woke up to find Mulan still available so thought I could just purchase Snow white in the morning when she came out. I am sad.
MotherofBelle&Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #276
jejuneraccoon
Earning My Ears

Quote:
you could most likely find it with the code as the product is in the database but the website pages themselves are probably currently being pushed out to the various content delivery servers.

i'd rather not say how I knew the code, it's not that difficult and if it works again next week, I'll be sure to post right away as well. i wouldn't want this knowledge getting into the wrong hands... it's currently giving us a leg up on the ebay people.
I know some of you were asking jandii a few questions. Just thought I would go back to a quote I read from them last night. You might have not seen them because the thread has been updated with posts quite a bit since.
jejuneraccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #277
JenGSLP
Earning My Ears

I was able to get Cinderella, Ariel and Belle so easily. Last week, Mulan was still available when I got to work at 8am. I wasn't sure if I wanted her or not, then decided about 2 hours later to get her and she was gone. For Snow White, my dad tried at 3:30 am and although she was showing on the page, he wasn't able to order her...kept getting an error. But other people apparently were able to get her at that same approximate time. So their website is not able to handle the volume and people are missing out. I tried at 5:50am when I got up for work and she was gone. Rapunzel is my daughter's favorite and I am dreading it when she comes out. I know I have very little chance of getting her
JenGSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #278
Rumpel
Earning My Ears

So I've been lurking around these boards for about 2 years now, but finally decided to join because I wanted to take part in this thread. When I first saw the dolls I had no interest in them but now I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Jasmine and Rapunzel :

I did want to comment though on how fast these dolls are being sold, because it seems my store may be the only one that isn't selling out instantly...or wasn't for the last 2 anyway. The last Mulan was sold from my store just yesterday and the same thing happened with Belle the week before. I talked with one of the employees and he even told me that they've been sending a bunch of their dolls to the US stores, I couldn't believe it! I thought for sure they would be selling fast here too. He said I should have no problem getting Rapunzel when she's released, but I'm still super paranoid, especially since my store is now displaying all the upcoming dolls which I can only imagine will get more people interested...

I'm thinking of heading to my store today after work to see if any Snow White's will be left. I'm not too interested in buying her, but I'd like to see if the popularity has increased in my area at all~ or maybe it just depends on the princess here...who knows
Old 09-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #279
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

I just got back from the Disney Store.

MADNESS. I got there just around the time the store opened, and the line was already like 14 people deep. The couple at the very front of the line bought two each. Then the ebay shark bought his two. and the older couple got their two. By time I got to the register, they were sold out. But that's okay. My brother was with me and he got three Lion King vinylmations. So, I saved his spot in line.

I was talking with some of the ladies in line. They weren't happy at all. One of them told the ebay shark to wipe that grin off his face and she turned around and loudly announced to the other people in line "DO NOT BUY THESE DOLLS ON EBAY" It was amusing!

BUT my card was just charged for my snow white, so I'm assuming it wasn't canceled? I don't know.

I'm just waiting for them to say shipped with a tracking number to be totally at ease with all of this.
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #280
Shivatopia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
I was talking with some of the ladies in line. They weren't happy at all. One of them told the ebay shark to wipe that grin off his face and she turned around and loudly announced to the other people in line "DO NOT BUY THESE DOLLS ON EBAY" It was amusing!

BUT my card was just charged for my snow white, so I'm assuming it wasn't canceled? I don't know.

I'm just waiting for them to say shipped with a tracking number to be totally at ease with all of this.
I like the moxy of that one lady! Unfortunately, I don't think that the "sharks" are really hurt by the outrage. In fact, they probably relish our frustration.

I agree that I will be a lot more at ease when the shipping confirmation e-mail comes in (which usually takes 1-2 business days), so let's all keep our fingers crossed!

It was incredible last night, the instant the Snow White doll became publicly visible on the website the servers really showed the strain of the sheer volume of people trying to put in their orders. For me, personally, things were fine until I got to the last page of the ordering process, where it kept trying to update the final tax and shipping charges area, based on my shipping address. That was maddening. Once that was done, every time I clicked on the button to submit the order, nothing happened the first few times. I was afraid I was submitting multiple orders, but I also was not getting a proper confirmation that my order was submitted. So after a few worrysome minutes, it appears to have gone through (one order only). This was at 12:42 am Pacific time. Am I worried? Yes, I am. Especially since there is a strong likelihood that some of the orders that were submitted last night will get cancelled by DS.com, due to their system allowing too many orders for this one item.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #281
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

Last week I got a customer satisfaction survey. The first two weeks I bought the doll she shipped early Tuesday morning. When I hadn't heard anything by Wednesday and I HAD heard of people's orders getting cancelled, I emailed customer service. They responded with a lame predone email. Then they sent the survey and I nailed them on every category for how horribly the website is working and how horribly this whole thing is run. They know what's going on. I guess it's too late to do anything about it? They could at least have the servers ready for people getting on at 3am, a situation which they created. I'm lucky, I got a doll (maybe) but I feel for everyone who didn't and am still nervous that in the coming weeks one of these times it'll happen to me too. And of course my favorites are still to come!
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #282
marie1203
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
I just got back from the Disney Store.

MADNESS. I got there just around the time the store opened, and the line was already like 14 people deep. The couple at the very front of the line bought two each. Then the ebay shark bought his two. and the older couple got their two. By time I got to the register, they were sold out. But that's okay. My brother was with me and he got three Lion King vinylmations. So, I saved his spot in line.

I think everyone is getting a little out of control. I have 4 of each doll so far. My aunt and cousins live in a country were there is no disney store and they won't ship it there. I have 4 cousins and my aunts asked me if I could get all the dolls and ship them because they want them as a christmas present. I have order them online so far but next week we will have to go to the store since we will be in MIL house and they do not have internet. So that means DH needs to get 2 dolls and I need to get 2 dolls but I can see we will get remarks from the people in line. Honestly I don't care but it seems to cause more problems than really is needed my DH is not one that will keep his mouth shut when people make remarks about him.
On the other hand this are limited edition dolls the whole idea is for them to be exclusive so it is expected they will be hard to get. I won't be devastated if I don't get a few of the dolls but I know my aunt will be (She was the first one to take me to Disney as a child). The only thing I wanted for myself was the purse but it seems to be sold out everywhere.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #283
shawnh199
Mouseketeer

Does the doll go on sale @ 3 EST? I am CST so that could make a huge difference.

Thanks in advance!
shawnh199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #284
JenGSLP
Earning My Ears

Ebay

There are currently 89 of the dolls on Ebay. Disgusting. Most of them are Mulan and Snow White. I shouldn't have looked. It makes my blood boil.
JenGSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:16 PM   #285
marie1203
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnh199 View Post
Does the doll go on sale @ 3 EST? I am CST so that could make a huge difference.

Thanks in advance!
Around 3am EST. I think yesterday doll officially was up by 3:30am but with the product number my order was in by 3:20am

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: