Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #211
heart goes boOm
Mouseketeer

hello everyone! i haven't been here in a while just because it makes me sad i can't go to disneyworld yet!

but i got my ariel doll from the disneystore... hoping to get 3 more from the disneystore. i was just wondering... did anyone try go get the plastic off from behind the doll and cut off the strings holding their hair together??
heart goes boOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #212
DizneyDogs
Mouseketeer
Scrapbooking Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
The designer dolls are not returnable
Where did this info come from? Not that I am returning mine but I don't see where it says that for the online orders?

I just looked at my order slip and there is nothing printed there either

Usually when an item is non-returnable it will state it both in the item description and the packing slip.

or is this the policy for B&M stores?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #213
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice28 View Post
Sorry to be a hag, but GOOD. I hope some of those ebay sharks are burned and get nothing close to what they hoped to get by hogging up the dolls.
I agree!!

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #214
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart goes boOm View Post
hello everyone! i haven't been here in a while just because it makes me sad i can't go to disneyworld yet!

but i got my ariel doll from the disneystore... hoping to get 3 more from the disneystore. i was just wondering... did anyone try go get the plastic off from behind the doll and cut off the strings holding their hair together??
I don't know if anyone actually has, but someone did talk about wanting to. And then maybe using a Barbie display stand to have her stand on.

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #215
chicklet2
Mouseketeer

Removing plastic

Heart goes boom,
I did remove plastic from my Ariel doll.I know many may frown on this but I did not get doll to put her away and sell her in future, I love the doll and want to display her without all that plastic .That being said she is in there quite good.First I snipped all strings holding her and her hair and even the plastic wires behind plastic ( you can kind of pull it back and snip them ) As far as the big piece of plastic she is resting on I could not find a way tom get that out without ripping back of display.So what I did is use an exacto knife and carefully cut where plastic met cardboard to remove that whole piece.This did work.Than you just need to be careful getting all those strings you cut off the doll itself, especially in the hair.Than when all is said and done she is free from all plastic behind her and all evidence is left is three lines where plastic was cut with exacto, even with cutting it right where it meets cardboard it is slightly noticeable.If that ends up being and issue in a sense that I don't want to see them at all I will make a new background and slip it behind here, again not damaging original display.As far as the base and her feet goes I didn't touch that at all, I want her to remain in case so felt no need to mess with that.
chicklet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:42 AM   #216
berrybread
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone,
Do any of you know what princess is coming out after Snow White? I haven't heard of any news about that.
berrybread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:53 AM   #217
LostBoy89
Five Years and Counting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickxo View Post
This might be a dumb question but are there 2 different cinderella dolls? because one looks like a silver dress and the other is a blue dress? Maybe it's just my screen or the way the picture looks
I'm not collecting but my sister in law is and I was just wondering - I couldn't get into the dolls - i'm already knee deep in disney ornaments & the pile just keeps getting higher (thank you disneystore.com free shipping!)
The Silver Cinderella Doll was only sold at the D23 Expo in Anaheim. She is Limited Edition of 250!!!!! The Silver Cinderella makes the Designer Dolls a collection of 11 instead of 10! She is definitely my prized doll

LostBoy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:55 AM   #218
LostBoy89
Five Years and Counting...

The Silver Cinderella Doll was only sold at the D23 Expo in Anaheim. She is Limited Edition of 250!!!!! The Silver Cinderella makes the Designer Dolls a collection of 11 instead of 10! She is definitely my prized doll

LostBoy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:22 AM   #219
Shivatopia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrybread View Post
Hey everyone,
Do any of you know what princess is coming out after Snow White? I haven't heard of any news about that.
Rumor has it that Tiana will be released on September 26th.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:52 AM   #220
kwork11
Mouseketeer

WOW i just found out about these yesterday.....sad that I missed the first four but will try for the rest. My daughter is 9 and will just freak over these! I will try and get them for her for Christmas. For all you standing in line what time do you think I should head out on Monday morning? Also is there anyone who would be willing to shop on the uk store online and order belle and cindy for me and then ship to me? I have paypal ready.

thank you
kwork11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #221
berrybread
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivatopia View Post
Rumor has it that Tiana will be released on September 26th.
Thanks! Do you think the chances of Rapunzel being last are really good? I really hope she's not, the hype is going to be crazy by then.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #222
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyDogs View Post
Where did this info come from? Not that I am returning mine but I don't see where it says that for the online orders?

I just looked at my order slip and there is nothing printed there either

Usually when an item is non-returnable it will state it both in the item description and the packing slip.

or is this the policy for B&M stores?
I work at TDS, and I asked about it (I was just curious) and was told they are not returnable. As a matter of fact, even if they are damaged, they have to call an 800 number or something, some kind of guest services number. I think it has to do with being an LE collectible. Next time I work I will ask for clarification.

I also thought it was a good idea to have them non-returnable. I remember many years ago, ebay sellers would buy up LE pins, and beanies. Then 29 days later they would return all of it that did not sell on Ebay.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:43 PM   #223
Disneyfan downunder
Earning My Ears

I live in Australia and have been collecting these dolls from the Disney Store Online and paying a premium in postage amounts. I ordered Mulan at 01:02:32 AM PDT 09/12 and have just received that dreaded email from guest services saying that they have run out of the doll. I emailed them and said how could this be when the doll just literally came online to buy. I think that maybe they dont use the first in first served rule when it comes to orders. I will see what they reply with! Good on those that managed to secure her.
Disneyfan downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #224
berrybread
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan downunder View Post
I live in Australia and have been collecting these dolls from the Disney Store Online and paying a premium in postage amounts. I ordered Mulan at 01:02:32 AM PDT 09/12 and have just received that dreaded email from guest services saying that they have run out of the doll. I emailed them and said how could this be when the doll just literally came online to buy. I think that maybe they dont use the first in first served rule when it comes to orders. I will see what they reply with! Good on those that managed to secure her.
I wasn't sure if it was better to get my Rapunzel online right when they come out, or to buy her in store because they come out to the same total. I wanted to go in person just to get the full experience, even if it did mean waiting for a super long time. But on the other hand, I felt like if I waited til then they would all sell out online and I had to be SURE i would get one in person. Thing is, seeing that so many people are getting these emails, I'll stick to my first plan of getting her in person. I'm so so sorry that happened to you. That's so awful
Old 09-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #225
Shivatopia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrybread View Post
Thanks! Do you think the chances of Rapunzel being last are really good? I really hope she's not, the hype is going to be crazy by then.
My feeling is that Rapunzel will either be released on October 3rd (the day after her official princess coronation) or on October 24th (as the final doll). Keep in mind, no one at this time can confirm if either date is correct. The only advantage to her being released on October 24th may be that the people who seem to be hoarding the dolls may be swimming in unsold dolls by that point, so maybe they will be more hesitant about buying more. I really hope that less and less people actually empower them by accepting their rip-off eBay pricing, but then again desperation makes us all do impulsive things sometimes.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: