Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #196
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoy89 View Post
Disney's taking ALL my money.....

WOW amazing you were able to get all the mugs!!! And the dolls too!!!!

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #197
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:

love your pics
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #198
dobiemom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by faldifaldonza View Post
Actually, the line you're talking about is the "My First Disney Princess" by Tolly Tots. Mulan has been spotted on shelves now.

flickr.com/photos/
51799248@N04/6131459517/

Jakks Pacific has a line called "Disney Princess & Me" which is like American Girl.
I've read that they also make the Disney Store's classic dolls, so they could be making the toddler dolls for Disney Store as well.

The "Disney Animator's Collection" is what the picture from Stitch Kingdom is from.
It hasn't been released yet it; only says Fall 2011. Rapunzel and Tiana look like the previous releases in 2009 and 2010 but a press release said their bodies are resculpted.

Tollytots is a division of Jakks Pacific. There is a review on youtube for that doll which is called My First Disney Princess Mulan, and a written review on the website timetoplaymag.com

The Animator's Collection is the line I want since I have seen some of the Jakks Pacific ones at Target already. I bought the Jakks Pacific pajamas for Mulan to test them out and see if they fit on the Animator's Collection version.
dobiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:32 PM   #199
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen73 View Post
I'll be up with ya, but I have to work..

Yeah, they should hit the Disneystore website at 3am ET right? That's what I have been reading anyways. I purchased Mulan at 4:15am ET this past Monday.
I hear that they should be on the website by 3am ET. But I'm not too sure. I'm going to try to stay up and checking constantly monday morning, but If I do happen to fall asleep, I got the alarm set!
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:46 PM   #200
berrybread
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightCat View Post
I have to say, I'm quite shocked at the stories I'm reading from people trying to get these dolls. One in particular was a family between all of them, got 8 Mulan dolls, then tried to sell one of them for $200 outside of the store. Unbelieveable.
I think my head almost exploded reading that. That is truly sad.
berrybread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #201
vickxo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This might be a dumb question but are there 2 different cinderella dolls? because one looks like a silver dress and the other is a blue dress? Maybe it's just my screen or the way the picture looks
I'm not collecting but my sister in law is and I was just wondering - I couldn't get into the dolls - i'm already knee deep in disney ornaments & the pile just keeps getting higher (thank you disneystore.com free shipping!)
93': WDW Dixie Landing; 95': WDW Dixie Landing; 97': WDW Corando Springs; 99': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01':Disney Wonder Cruise - FL/Bahama; 03': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 05': WDW Yacht Club; 07': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 10': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Bahama; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Canada; 13': WDW Boardwalk Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge
vickxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:41 AM   #202
carebee21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickxo View Post
This might be a dumb question but are there 2 different cinderella dolls? because one looks like a silver dress and the other is a blue dress? Maybe it's just my screen or the way the picture looks
I'm not collecting but my sister in law is and I was just wondering - I couldn't get into the dolls - i'm already knee deep in disney ornaments & the pile just keeps getting higher (thank you disneystore.com free shipping!)
There are 2 Cinderella's. The silver one is a limited edition (I can't remember the exact number but it's much more limited than the other dolls, I think maybe 500?) that was sold at the D23 convention.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:55 AM   #203
vickxo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebee21 View Post
There are 2 Cinderella's. The silver one is a limited edition (I can't remember the exact number but it's much more limited than the other dolls, I think maybe 500?) that was sold at the D23 convention.
Oh Ok Thank You - now I don't have to go see my eye doctor about new glasses
93': WDW Dixie Landing; 95': WDW Dixie Landing; 97': WDW Corando Springs; 99': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01':Disney Wonder Cruise - FL/Bahama; 03': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 05': WDW Yacht Club; 07': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 10': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Bahama; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Canada; 13': WDW Boardwalk Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge
vickxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:46 AM   #204
faldifaldonza
Earning My Ears

^D23 Expo Silver Cinderella is LE 250. Disney Store is celebrating it's 25th so that's why 250 was the edition number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiemom View Post
Tollytots is a division of Jakks Pacific. There is a review on youtube for that doll which is called My First Disney Princess Mulan, and a written review on the website timetoplaymag.com

The Animator's Collection is the line I want since I have seen some of the Jakks Pacific ones at Target already. I bought the Jakks Pacific pajamas for Mulan to test them out and see if they fit on the Animator's Collection version.
Oh, sorry, didn't do the research that's it's a division of it.
I already know of that youtube and website. The flickr link I gave shows that Mulan is out in stores. You said Mulan wasn't and I'm just showing you that people have found her already.

Alright, well the Animator's Collection isn't out yet, it won't be hard to find unless they make it limited edition or if there's a big craze after all this Designer Doll frenzy.
faldifaldonza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #205
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Wow I didn't even notice that the one Cinderella was different. With her being that limited that is even more cool that you have her.

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #206
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

The designer dolls are not returnable, so I think the prices of some of the dolls may drop off on Ebay. People who have 6 might have trouble selling them.

Some people want the entire collection. But many people just want certain ones. Some guests just collect Belle, or Ariel, Cinderella. NOT as many just collect Pocohontas or Mulan for example. Disney tried to account for this by have different quantity in the editions of the dolls.

They likely underestimated the popularity of Rapunzel. She is selling out in many ways, toys, Halloween costumes, etc and I suspect these dolls will be no exception.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #207
Alice28
DIS Veteran
I'm Doombah Frickin Butt, nice to meet you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
The designer dolls are not returnable, so I think the prices of some of the dolls may drop off on Ebay. People who have 6 might have trouble selling them.
Some people want the entire collection. But many people just want certain ones. Some guests just collect Belle, or Ariel, Cinderella. NOT as many just collect Pocohontas or Mulan for example. Disney tried to account for this by have different quantity in the editions of the dolls.

They likely underestimated the popularity of Rapunzel. She is selling out in many ways, toys, Halloween costumes, etc and I suspect these dolls will be no exception.
Sorry to be a hag, but GOOD. I hope some of those ebay sharks are burned and get nothing close to what they hoped to get by hogging up the dolls.
Alice28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #208
KittyKatta
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
Even though our family enjoyed Princess and the Frog, Disney went nuts by flooding the market with Tiana stuff yet she doesn't seem to be very popular even when the stuff goes on clearance. Yet Rapunzel is insanely popular and the merchandise choices are so limited. They made so few Rapunzel items but when you finally do find something it's usually just a silk screen of the same 3 stock photos of Rapunzel on it. Its a shame.

Last edited by KittyKatta; 09-20-2011 at 08:54 AM.
KittyKatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #209
Shivatopia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice28 View Post
Sorry to be a hag, but GOOD. I hope some of those ebay sharks are burned and get nothing close to what they hoped to get by hogging up the dolls.
No judgements here against you. I totally agree with you! I also hope that the hoarders get burned for overdoing it. Surely, everyone's case is different, but on eBay, you can tell when the same person lists 6 of the same doll, often minutes apart from each other: same pictures, same wording, and same pricing. You don't even need to go into the item listing to verify that it is the same seller for all 6. I have nothing against anyone who has an eBay business, because we all do what we have to do to put food on the table. However, when I hear stories about people who cannot get a doll that they actually want to own at retail price, within a week of the item being released, it makes me sad. The rapid sell-out status of the dolls online coupled with the numerous eBay listings by the same sellers just show that they are the cause for this inbalance. The Mulan doll selling out within a few hours online is just ridiculous, and some people's orders have even been reported to be cancelled on them. Boo to the hoarders!
Old 09-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #210
Shivatopia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatta View Post
Yet Rapunzel is insanely popular and the merchandise choices are so limited. They made so few Rapunzel items but when you finally do find something it's usually just a silk screen of the same 3 stock photos of Rapunzel on it.

It's just odd that Disney isn't Pushing Rapunzel merchandise because she's so popular right now. At the theme parks Cast Members say people are always asking for Rapunzel stuff but they have very few choices... But they have Tiana stuff. And even with their iPad storybook apps they rushed out a Princess and the Frog version (as well as Cars 2 and Toy Story 3) but Tangled has been out over a year and there's nothing.

Maybe after her coronation things will change but I'm already ready for Merida stuff.
I totally agree that the Rapunzel merchandise is sorely lacking out there. As you said, perhaps this will change after the coronation ceremony, but considering that Tangled is to date the second most expensive movie ever made, and it is considered to be a commercial box office success, there is a serious deficiency of Rapunzel & Flynn things out there. I wonder what is really going on in the minds of the Disney marketing department...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: