Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2011, 11:24 PM   #181
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilliansmommy View Post
Has anyone heard about the toddler dolls coming out soon? I saw this link of the DS facebook page.

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/wp-cont...n/P1010076.JPG
Aww those are cute, especially the Pocohantas one. Thanks for sharing that, I hadn't heard of them before.

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:51 PM   #182
berrybread
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice28 View Post
I got to TDS at about 8:50. There were 5 adults ahead of me (some had their children with me so the group looked bigger at first glance).

At 9:00 TDS manager, who is the nicest lady, came out with the cards to pass out. We put ourselves in order of who got there first, and I was #6. There were 14 dolls, and between myself and the people in front of me, 11 were sold. The person behind me bought 2, so the person who was #8 lucked out. She happened to be an off-duty employee who showed up at about 9:00, so she had to wait with the rest of us.

it was nutzoid. There were at least 12-15 people behind me that I could see while I was in line in the store, waiting my turn to pay. Some literally looked like they were going to cry, and I don't blame them considering at least 1-2 of the people in front of me were (from what I could tell) just turning around to sell on ebay.
Thanks!
Oh my gosh that's awful... The greed in those ebay sellers in unbelievable. Do they have no conscience? Geez.
berrybread is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2011, 12:17 AM   #183
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Has anyone heard about the toddler dolls coming out soon? I saw this link of the DS facebook page.

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/wp-cont...n/P1010076.JPG
Aren't they out already? My daughter has a Rapunzel that looks exactly like this!
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:37 AM   #184
RareHeartMom
Earning My Ears

I know the toddler dolls are supposed to come out in time for the holidays. I had asked a Disney Store manager and he told me that some of the Disney Outlets had them already, but they would get them later on. I don't recall seeing them at the Disney outlet we have here, but worth a look.

I am so surprised at how popular these dolls have become. There is almost 300 Mulans on Ebay right now, and I think that # will grow once online orders start arriving. I think, though, that people are catching on to Ebayers and they aren't paying the outrageous amounts that people are asking for them. I noticed a lot of high start bids that are just sitting there. If we stay away from Ebay, maybe the Ebay sellers will leave the collectors alone. I don't mind paying a little more on Ebay, but not the outrageous prices they are wanting.
RareHeartMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:21 AM   #185
MidnightCat
Disney Gamer Geek

I have to say, I'm quite shocked at the stories I'm reading from people trying to get these dolls. One in particular was a family between all of them, got 8 Mulan dolls, then tried to sell one of them for $200 outside of the store. Unbelieveable.
MidnightCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:46 AM   #186
dobiemom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I saw that version of toddler Rapunzel on Amazon and stores there have her listed at $100 or more. I haven't seen any of the other ones.

I mistakenly thought the toddler doll release was the new Jakks Pacific line that hasn't yet put the Mulan version out in stores. I found the Mulan pajamas for this Jakks Pacific line at Target but no one has the actual Mulan doll yet. Plenty of Tiana and Belle, Cinderella, Ariel and Aurora though.

I'd rather collect the ones shown on Stitch Kingdom. Searching for them is going to be hard since they have the same title of "toddler doll" for both lines.

My designer Mulan finally shipped! I can relax and stop worrying that my order might have been caught in a glitch.
dobiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:37 AM   #187
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Ddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightCat View Post
I have to say, I'm quite shocked at the stories I'm reading from people trying to get these dolls. One in particular was a family between all of them, got 8 Mulan dolls, then tried to sell one of them for $200 outside of the store. Unbelieveable.
That's awful and definitely greed at it's best. I really hope that people resist buying the dolls from ebay etc. It will be tough for some, but maybe it would send a message. Eventually,and hopefully, the prices would come down or the sellers would just be stuck with them.
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #188
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Kind of a dumb question I guess, but since The Disney Store online, removed the easy tab on their front page to get to the Designer Collection, how do you get to it?? Like to be able to see all the things in the Collection at one time. Apparently I'm not too bright, cause I can't figure it out LOL

Commando #133

Old 09-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #189
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
Kind of a dumb question I guess, but since The Disney Store online, removed the easy tab on their front page to get to the Designer Collection, how do you get to it?? Like to be able to see all the things in the Collection at one time. Apparently I'm not too bright, cause I can't figure it out LOL
If you scroll over the "adult" tab on the website, the box to the right is the designer princess tab. Hope this helps!
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #190
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

I already have my alarm set for 2:45 am on Monday, east coast time! (I am lucky enough to not have to work that day!) If it's Snow white, Rapunzel, or Jasmine, SHE'S MINE. I hate that ebayers are selling them for that much, so I need to get one before they're gone. I think if people stopped buying them from ebay, they will stop selling them at ridiculous prices.
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #191
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Ddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
I already have my alarm set for 2:45 am on Monday, east coast time! (I am lucky enough to not have to work that day!) If it's Snow white, Rapunzel, or Jasmine, SHE'S MINE. I hate that ebayers are selling them for that much, so I need to get one before they're gone. I think if people stopped buying them from ebay, they will stop selling them at ridiculous prices.
I'll be up with ya, but I have to work..

Yeah, they should hit the Disneystore website at 3am ET right? That's what I have been reading anyways. I purchased Mulan at 4:15am ET this past Monday.
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #192
poohbear158
DIS Veteran

I know this is a long shot, but I refuse to pay the outrageous Ebay prices and I know most people who have her would rather sell her on Ebay and make money but here goes...

I am desperately seeking an Ariel doll. I have an few things I could trade for her. I have an extra Cinderella, Belle & Mulan doll and I also have a Designer Doll clutch. I also have a 17" Alice in Wonderland and 17" limited Queen of Hearts doll. PM me if you would like to make a trade deal of some sort. TIA
Old 09-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #193
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
If you scroll over the "adult" tab on the website, the box to the right is the designer princess tab. Hope this helps!

Ahhh okay thank you!!!!

Commando #133

Old 09-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #194
LostBoy89
Five Years and Counting...

Disney's taking ALL my money.....

LostBoy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #195
faldifaldonza
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiemom View Post
I saw that version of toddler Rapunzel on Amazon and stores there have her listed at $100 or more. I haven't seen any of the other ones.

I mistakenly thought the toddler doll release was the new Jakks Pacific line that hasn't yet put the Mulan version out in stores. I found the Mulan pajamas for this Jakks Pacific line at Target but no one has the actual Mulan doll yet. Plenty of Tiana and Belle, Cinderella, Ariel and Aurora though.

I'd rather collect the ones shown on Stitch Kingdom. Searching for them is going to be hard since they have the same title of "toddler doll" for both lines.

My designer Mulan finally shipped! I can relax and stop worrying that my order might have been caught in a glitch.
Actually, the line you're talking about is the "My First Disney Princess" by Tolly Tots. Mulan has been spotted on shelves now.

flickr.com/photos/
51799248@N04/6131459517/

Jakks Pacific has a line called "Disney Princess & Me" which is like American Girl.
I've read that they also make the Disney Store's classic dolls, so they could be making the toddler dolls for Disney Store as well.

The "Disney Animator's Collection" is what the picture from Stitch Kingdom is from.
It hasn't been released yet it; only says Fall 2011. Rapunzel and Tiana look like the previous releases in 2009 and 2010 but a press release said their bodies are resculpted.
faldifaldonza is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: