Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #136
IknowDoYou?
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anangel21 View Post
Does anyone have an extra Ariel doll they would be willing to trade for Mulan or sell it for a reasonable price? That is the only on we are missing from the collection since our Disney store opened the week after she came out!
I might, but I won't know until Wednesday. I was too deep in the line today, but one of our local stores was closed today (and will be tomorrow) for refurbishment, so their Mulan dolls will go on sale Wednesday morning. If I can get one there, I'd like to keep our extra Ariel, but if it means having an empty spot in our Disney Princess line, I would rather trade than go to my backup plan of selling it on eBay to pay for an eBay purchase of Mulan.

If you end up finding someone in the meantime, no worries from me, but if you're still looking on Wednesday and I bust, I'll let you know.

Either way, I'll keep you updated, actually.

Good luck!

Ryan
IknowDoYou? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:16 PM   #137
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

I was telling DH last night, that I wish I would have bought a 2nd Ariel that day at the store, just to be able to help one of you out. Seems like so many missed out on getting her.

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #138
Shivatopia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
I was telling DH last night, that I wish I would have bought a 2nd Ariel that day at the store, just to be able to help one of you out. Seems like so many missed out on getting her.
My sentiments exactly! My DH generally frowns upon my collecting habit, so I pretty much promised to only buy one of each doll (assuming all goes well in the future for the remaining releases), but now, I realize if I had bought a second Ariel, I would be able to brighten up someone's day by allowing them to get her without paying the inflated price tag. Unfortunately, at the time, there was no way of telling that things would get so out of hand...
Old 09-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #139
DrJUSC
Earning My Ears

Need ariel

Hey guys. I need Ariel BAD. These are for my 3 year old for a collection. I can trade a Mulan if you would like. Please help!!
DrJUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #140
DrJUSC
Earning My Ears

Would you trade me a Cinderella for a Mulan?
Old 09-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #141
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivatopia View Post
My sentiments exactly! My DH generally frowns upon my collecting habit, so I pretty much promised to only buy one of each doll (assuming all goes well in the future for the remaining releases), but now, I realize if I had bought a second Ariel, I would be able to brighten up someone's day by allowing them to get her without paying the inflated price tag. Unfortunately, at the time, there was no way of telling that things would get so out of hand...
I guess fortunately I only collect 2 things. Disney pins and Ariel stuff. Our bedroom is all Ariel (it doesn't look childish though ) So when these dolls came out he knew it was a given that I would get her. Glad her supports my addictions LOL

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #142
DrJUSC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
I guess fortunately I only collect 2 things. Disney pins and Ariel stuff. Our bedroom is all Ariel (it doesn't look childish though ) So when these dolls came out he knew it was a given that I would get her. Glad her supports my addictions LOL
Do you have an extra Ariel?
Old 09-13-2011, 05:38 AM   #143
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Ddd

Yesterday, I sent an e-mail to the the DisneyStore voicing my concern about the ebayers buying up a bulk of the Designer Dolls and the impact that it is having on the true Disney fans and collectors who want one for themselves, not to sell at jacked up prices on e-bay. I stated I hope that they can look at things for the next 6.

I did get the generic "we appreciate your feedback and it will be forwarded" response, but at least I voiced my opinion on the matter. Looks like I'll be having some early Monday mornings the next 6 weeks. Who know if they would be able to change anything anyway. I feel bad for those that missed out.
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #144
Loveddis
Earning My Ears

I have done the same emailed them with the complaints that their own staff are taking them and preselling them on eBay. I found Rapunzel on eBay and questioned the person regarding availability and shipping. The person stated to me that they could guarantee they would have it as they are a Disney worker!! This is unreal and unfair. I have only bought one of each for me and my four year old to share and unfortunately I learned this morning Disneystore online screwed us. Yes, I got up early and ordered one Mulan an d have the thank you confirmation as well as money taken off my card. This morning I wake to my dear John email that says unfortunately they can't fill my order and hey would I like something else? WTH? I want my doll I ordered in stock and paid for. I am so angry with them right now.
Loveddis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #145
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

Until reading this thread I didn't know how crazy things were! I have two stores in my area selling the dolls.

Cinderella I bought in the store, I happened to be in there the day they went on sale and no one knew about them. I didn't know about them until stumbling upon them really.

After that I decided I didn't want to drive back to the store (it's not close) and I would get them online. Especially since they told me they were only getting 8 dolls and they would not be restocked.

Belle I woke up Monday and casually bought at Disneystore.com around 11:30am.

The nest week for Ariel I woke up and bought casually Monday at 10:30am.

Mulan I got afraid and kept waking up all night Sunday night. At 3am ET she was not available. At 3:30am ET she was not available. By 3:45am ET she was available to purchase.

I checked Monday and she was still available at 11:00am ET. She's not available anymore right now. They took the link off the first page to easily get to the dolls. Online you are only allowed to buy 2 dolls a person.

I collect Barbies but I don't go crazy. After seeing the 10 dolls in the store I knew I would like to have this collection - and it is fairly affordable especially broken up over 10 weeks. I wasn't sure if people would go crazy or not. This is nuts - who can afford to pay $400 for a doll??? I can't believe the ebay prices! I am very lucky to have the first 4 but now I am absolutely paranoid I won't be able to get the rest. It's going to be a long 6 weeks.
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #146
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveddis View Post
Yes, I got up early and ordered one Mulan an d have the thank you confirmation as well as money taken off my card. This morning I wake to my dear John email that says unfortunately they can't fill my order and hey would I like something else? WTH? I want my doll I ordered in stock and paid for. I am so angry with them right now.
That is CRAZY!!! OMG I would be so so so livid. They need to make this right! I hope I don't get that email too, I am so sorry

edit: Yeah tell them you want one of the next dolls that isn't on sale yet!!
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #147
ReggieB
DIS Cast Member
I don't kiss cats anymore. I do like cats really, I just shouldn't kiss them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveddis View Post
Yes, I got up early and ordered one Mulan an d have the thank you confirmation as well as money taken off my card. This morning I wake to my dear John email that says unfortunately they can't fill my order and hey would I like something else? WTH? I want my doll I ordered in stock and paid for. I am so angry with them right now.
That is not good.

2013: Disney Magic, Yacht Club Resort- WDW
2012: Grand Californian Resort, DL - Boardwalk Inn, WDW - Polynesian Resort, WDW - Disney Fantasy
2011: Boardwalk Inn
2010: Disney Magic - Beach Club Resort - MiraCosta (Tokyo Disney Resort)
2009: Yacht Club Resort - Grand Californian Resort, DL
2008: Yacht Club Resort - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disney Sea
2007: Disney Magic - Grand Floridian
2006: Grand Floridian - Disney Magic
2005: Beach Club Resort, Disney Wonder & Contemporary Resort - Wilderness Lodge
2004: Grand Floridian
2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge
1999: Coronado Springs
1995: Newport Bay Club (Disneyland Paris)
ReggieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #148
Falltime
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice28 View Post
Does anyone know the exact time they showed up on the Disney Store website, and what time zone you are in? I checked at 12:10 or so Pacific time and she wasn't up yet. Thanks~
My order for Mulan was placed at 3:17am Eastern, which is the same as 2:17 Central, 1:17 Mountain and 12:17 Pacific
Falltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #149
jejuneraccoon
Earning My Ears

Hello, I have a question for you kind Disney experts: Is this extreme popularity with limited edition Disney products commonplace?

I have loved Disney all my life, but never collected. Never really saw anything I wanted until the release of these new dolls. I was just wondering if things are always this way with collecting Disney products. It's so stressful.
jejuneraccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #150
Falltime
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejuneraccoon View Post
Hello, I have a question for you kind Disney experts: Is this popularity with limited edition Disney products commonplace?

I have loved Disney all my life, but never collected. Never really saw anything I wanted until the release of these new dolls. I was just wondering if things are always this way with collecting Disney products. It's so stressful.
Pretty much. The 17" collector dolls that come in the boxes are the same way (they have released 9 of those so far). Same goes for very LE pins and vinylmations.
Falltime is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: