Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #16
BSF
Earning My Ears

Viva italia June 28, 2012

We are in!

Can't wait - we are a family of 4 with two girls ages 15 and 18. This is our first Adventures by Disney tour. Looking forward to meeting our fellow travelers.
BSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #17
jlou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSF View Post
We are in!

Can't wait - we are a family of 4 with two girls ages 15 and 18. This is our first Adventures by Disney tour. Looking forward to meeting our fellow travelers.
Oh YAY! I'm so glad there is someone else on the board going on our trip! Can't wait! We are four also, plus my mother-in-law. I'm sure we're going to love this trip.

Me , Hubby , DS (16 at time of our trip) , and DD (13 at time of our trip)
jlou is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #18
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
We are in!

Welcome to the DISboards, and Congrats! You're going to love ABD! It's very addictive!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #19
jlou
Mouseketeer

Oh yeah, just noticed, BSF, that you're also new to the Disboards. Welcome!

Looking forward to meeting you and your family. This is our second AbD, we did Knights and Lights in 2008. We loved having Disney plan everything for us, and get us into the "must sees", and we loved the amount of free time we had to just be our own family exploring an exciting city. I'm sure you and your girls are going to love this trip.

When are you arriving?

Old 04-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
BSF
Earning My Ears

I haven't booked flights yet bit planning to come in a day early. How about you? And, how old are your kids?
BSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #21
jlou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I haven't booked flights yet bit planning to come in a day early. How about you? And, how old are your kids?
We are coming in a day early, and have booked two post nights in Venice. My brother-in-law is going to be in Italy, and he is going to meet up with us in Venice. Glad to hear you're doing a pre-stay, your kids are older, but mine were beat our first day in London when we did Knights and Lights (and so was I!). Plus, I'm a worrier, and wanted to be there ahead of time, just in case.

We have a son who just turned 16 (finishing up 10th grade) and our daughter is 12, but will turn 13 while we're in Venice. She's finishing up 7th grade.

Where are you flying from? We're flying out of Buffalo, to Philly, and then non stop flights to and from Philly. Flights would be easier if we were closer to a city, but I'm thrilled to just have the one stop in Philly.

So glad to "meet" someone who will be on our trip. There are lots of tips on the board for ideas of what to do on pre- and post stays (and what to do on our "free" time).

Old 04-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #22
jlou
Mouseketeer

We're within 70 days! Our trip is fairly full anyway, so I wasn't too worried about a cancellation, but it makes it seem even more real now. Can't wait.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #23
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlou View Post
We're within 70 days! Our trip is fairly full anyway, so I wasn't too worried about a cancellation, but it makes it seem even more real now. Can't wait.
Yay!!! Congrats!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:39 AM   #24
mapsd
Mouseketeer

I believe I read it here that sometimes the ABD guides will give On-Off Bus passes to the early arrivals.

You could jsut stay on and get a tour of the city. Might be a restful thing to do when still jet-lagged and knowing the following day will be a lot of walking.
mapsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: