Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #61
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Okay I need to update this!!

Reservations are made. Many thanks to Marcus Collins the manager of Ayres Anaheim for helping me set up our reservations. To me customer service is so important and Ayres Hotel is tops in customer service.

I took Kacy for her first driving lesson today. I survived. The start was really rocky but she really ended up doing well.
Hurray for customer service. Sounds like you had better service than me this weekend

Quote:
I have been looking at all of the places to eat. So many of them have new menus that I haven't tried. I really want to go to the Village Haus. Their flat bread pizza sounds good to me. I am going to try and link all of these things for my friends that have never been to Disneyland in case anyone is interested.

One of my favorite places to eat because of its location on the Rivers of America has also changed its menu. The Hungry Bear it is a fun place to to sit and watch all of the action on the water and on a hot day enjoy the shade. I so want to try the fried green tomato sandwich with the sweet potato fries.

Now I have made myself hungry and I am going to go make lunch. I will add more later.
A lemon bumblebee cupcake sounds good. The food at both sounds good to me, but the rest of my family wouldn't be that adventurous, jimica mango slaw on a fried green tomato sandwich? Hmmm.
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #62
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Hurray for customer service. Sounds like you had better service than me this weekend

A lemon bumblebee cupcake sounds good. The food at both sounds good to me, but the rest of my family wouldn't be that adventurous, jimica mango slaw on a fried green tomato sandwich? Hmmm.

If you ever have the pleasure of coming out to Disneyland and want to stay offsite the Ayres Hotel is definitely the way I would go. Sometimes it is nice to have a place to decompress after the day at the parks and this hotel offers it.

WBG and I went to San Francisco about a month or so ago. While we were there we went to Ghiradelli Square, there is this cupcake shop called Kara's cupcakes. They have some of the most amazing cupcakes I have ever tasted. My husband and I each got different flavors and then shared them. I got this dark chocolate one that was so light it was delightful, but he got the lemon one. I think that lemon cupcake had to be the best lemon dessert I have ever tasted. I cannot explain it, except to say the lemon taste was light didn't beat you over the head. I hope that the one at the Hungry Bear is the same.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #63
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I will definately keep the Ayres in mind if we ever head out that way.

Guess you will have to taste the one at Hungry Bear so that I'll know
Old 09-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #64
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't really mind parking. I am thinking about getting the Premium AP for the discounts so that takes care of the parking cost.
The Disney Snowball....next thing you know, soeone will be reminding you that it's just a hop skip and a jump from there to a WDW vacation with the Premier AP!

Quote:

I took Kacy for her first driving lesson today. I survived. The start was really rocky but she really ended up doing well.
Wowza, you're brave. Glad it's working! My mom...yeah, she couldn't teach me to drive at all. Had to hire out! (but I think we've proven that I cost my mom a whole lot more than your daughters cost you!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #65
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I will definately keep the Ayres in mind if we ever head out that way.

Guess you will have to taste the one at Hungry Bear so that I'll know
Oh I can guarantee that the Hungry Bear is on the top of my list of places to eat. I so want to try that fried green tomato sandwich and sweet potato fries!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
The Disney Snowball....next thing you know, soeone will be reminding you that it's just a hop skip and a jump from there to a WDW vacation with the Premier AP!

Wowza, you're brave. Glad it's working! My mom...yeah, she couldn't teach me to drive at all. Had to hire out! (but I think we've proven that I cost my mom a whole lot more than your daughters cost you!)

I am not going to do that right now.

No, I don't think I am so brave. I think it is a great thing. Maybe she will be more independent.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #66
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh I can guarantee that the Hungry Bear is on the top of my list of places to eat. I so want to try that fried green tomato sandwich and sweet potato fries!!
You will like the sweet potato fries at the Hungry Bear restaurant. I didn't try the fried green tomato sandwich, but my friend during the Memorial Day trip liked it so much that if they came back to DL one day, he will be going back there for lunch.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014, Just in Time for Halloween Season in September - September 14 - 16, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on July 26th to 28th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #67
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
You will like the sweet potato fries at the Hungry Bear restaurant. I didn't try the fried green tomato sandwich, but my friend during the Memorial Day trip liked it so much that if they came back to DL one day, he will be going back there for lunch.

Oh that is great. I am looking forward to that.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #68
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I grew up on fried RED tomato sandwiches, but never ate a green tomato. Wonder if they taste different? I'm a ketchup-a-holic so I put ketchup on my sandwich. Of course, there isn't much I DON'T put ketchup on.

When I was little, I went to a fancy restaurant with my friend and her parents. I asked for ketchup and the chef came to our table to see what was wrong with my filet. Yep, I even put it on steak.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #69
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I grew up on fried RED tomato sandwiches, but never ate a green tomato. Wonder if they taste different? I'm a ketchup-a-holic so I put ketchup on my sandwich. Of course, there isn't much I DON'T put ketchup on.

When I was little, I went to a fancy restaurant with my friend and her parents. I asked for ketchup and the chef came to our table to see what was wrong with my filet. Yep, I even put it on steak.

Me either but I am game. I have known people that put ketchup on everything. My husband used to put hot sauce on everything.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #70
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

Quote:

I have never had red or green fried tomatos-- that I remember--. I am going to look for a receipe on line with 5 star ratings and give it a go. I have lots of green tomatoes on the vine. Going to need a few more days for red ones. But can't wait to try and see if I like them.
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #71
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Me either but I am game. I have known people that put ketchup on everything. My husband used to put hot sauce on everything.
I think HS is more socially acceptable.

I no longer put it on eggs unless they are scrambled, ham, or fish. Guess I am growing up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post
I have never had red or green fried tomatos-- that I remember--. I am going to look for a receipe on line with 5 star ratings and give it a go. I have lots of green tomatoes on the vine. Going to need a few more days for red ones. But can't wait to try and see if I like them.
I am not much of a fan of fried tomatoes. Rather have a tomato fresh off the vine with melted mozzarella and mayo.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #72
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post

I do know that Fanny Farmer might have one. Try googling it, and please let me know how it turns out.

Quote:
I think HS is more socially acceptable.

I no longer put it on eggs unless they are scrambled, ham, or fish. Guess I am growing up

I am not much of a fan of fried tomatoes. Rather have a tomato fresh off the vine with melted mozzarella and mayo.
I love ketchup on scrambled eggs.

Tomatoes with melted mozzarella sounds really good.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #73
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Subscribing!!

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6 & 7/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13

WDWJonasGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:33 AM   #74
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Subscribing!!

Hi Kaitlin!! Welcome!!
Old 09-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #75
araes2102
Mouseketeer

I'm so glad I found this! New to Disney, new to these boards, and just discovered the joy of TRs! Looking forward to following this one to help me plan our family's very first Disney trip! Plus I gotta give the love to a resident of my hometown!

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: