Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2011, 10:16 PM   #16
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Yay! Kacy is going to finally get her license! I bet that takes a huge weight off your shoulders!

I voted for the Valentines Day trip too!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #17
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Yay! Kacy is going to finally get her license! I bet that takes a huge weight off your shoulders!

I voted for the Valentines Day trip too!

It is. Then when I don't feel like driving or going when they need to go somewhere she can drive.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2011, 10:45 PM   #18
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I know and I came up with a solution to a problem I had with leaving them!!

I don't know about two trips but I have solved a dilemma I had.

I was worried how the kids were going to get to school while we were gone. I don't want my mom to have to do it and well I cannot trust my nephew to do anything. I hate to ask Stephanie because it is hard with her with Jason and work. So I decided it is time to teach Kacy how to drive. She was thrilled!! So I have made her day and mine!!
Yay! for Kacy and you!!! So does this mean you'll keep the valentines trip? Please say Yes!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
LeeLee2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #19
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post
Yay! for Kacy and you!!! So does this mean you'll keep the valentines trip? Please say Yes!

Yes, it does!! I think that we need this, it can be a second honeymoon in the place we spent our first honeymoon!!

Only this time we are not coming home pregnant!!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #20
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Yes, it does!! I think that we need this, it can be a second honeymoon in the place we spent our first honeymoon!!

Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:26 PM   #21
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh Why not??? You know you want to start all over!!!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
LeeLee2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:46 PM   #22
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Can you imagine being pregnant at our age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post
Oh Why not??? You know you want to start all over!!!
Leah, the only little feet I want to hear the pitter patter are our dogs!!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:55 PM   #23
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Can you imagine being pregnant at our age?

Ok, technically I wasn't pregnant.....but I did start over at our age........ SOOOOOOO TIREDDDDDDDD all the time!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

Old 08-30-2011, 12:17 AM   #24
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Ok, technically I wasn't pregnant.....but I did start over at our age........ SOOOOOOO TIREDDDDDDDD all the time!!

Exactly!! And being pregnant? No that is not for me.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:13 AM   #25
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

Starting over at my age is what we call being a GRANDPARENT . I have to say I thought I knew true love when I had my daughter. I get that same feeling x2 now that I have grand kids.

Kaoden-- you have been through so much when your kids were young. That had to have been so very hard.

Laurie, You were the angel sent to care for those wonderful babies, all 4 of them. I, wonder how you do it all? There is no way I could do what you are doing. I always wanted to have 5 kids, but I was only to have one and lucky to have her to boot. Family used to call her the miracle baby.
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:28 AM   #26
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

In honor of your Valentine get-away I am using the love color red.

Parents need alone time. We love our kids. Want them to have fun with us as a family BUT-- being alone as a couple will actually be good for the kids. I think it lets them see that you value your time with each other as much as you value your lives being their parents.

I was not aware your daughter was college age. She is certainly capable of taking care of family and house while you are gone. Kids seem to rise to the occasion. Just plan, go, and have a great time. Don't give it a second thought about taking kids. There will still be lots of family trips in the future.

Patty
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:20 AM   #27
JH87
DIS Veteran

YAY Michele I didn't know you started a PTR! Guess that's what I get for being away from the chat thread recently. I will try to keep up!

JH87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:33 AM   #28
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post
Starting over at my age is what we call being a GRANDPARENT . I have to say I thought I knew true love when I had my daughter. I get that same feeling x2 now that I have grand kids.

Kaoden-- you have been through so much when your kids were young. That had to have been so very hard.

Laurie, You were the angel sent to care for those wonderful babies, all 4 of them. I, wonder how you do it all? There is no way I could do what you are doing. I always wanted to have 5 kids, but I was only to have one and lucky to have her to boot. Family used to call her the miracle baby.
Patty, I am 49 years old and frankly that is too old for me to think about babies. I am also not ready to have grandkids yet. I have a great nephew and he fills that baby need for me.

I agree that Laurie is an angel sent for her babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post
In honor of your Valentine get-away I am using the love color red.

Parents need alone time. We love our kids. Want them to have fun with us as a family BUT-- being alone as a couple will actually be good for the kids. I think it lets them see that you value your time with each other as much as you value your lives being their parents.

I was not aware your daughter was college age. She is certainly capable of taking care of family and house while you are gone. Kids seem to rise to the occasion. Just plan, go, and have a great time. Don't give it a second thought about taking kids. There will still be lots of family trips in the future.

Patty
Ooh love the red!!

We do need that time away for sure I am just sure they will be broken hearted to miss out on the trip.

Yes, Kacy is 18, Kody her sister is 17 and Loren our "baby" boy is 15 so it isn't like I am leaving little ones behind. Plus my mom is here for them too, I just don't want her to have to be the one to have to take care of getting them back and forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH87 View Post
YAY Michele I didn't know you started a PTR! Guess that's what I get for being away from the chat thread recently. I will try to keep up!
Hi Jillian!! You haven't missed much I just started!!
Old 08-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #29
kaoden39
Hugs

Today I am making reservations for our hotel. We are definitely staying at the beautiful Ayres Hotel. I am really excited to stay here. From everything I know this is a wonderful hotel. They have a thing where you can have wine waiting in the room. Because it is for Valentines Day I am considering it. We shall see.

I am also looking at rental cars. I just can't decide which company to go with. I figure that I am best to make these reservations right now. I want to have all my eggs in one basket.

I want to decide where to eat on Valentines Day. Part of me wants to eat at the Blue Bayou, its romantic, blah, blah, blah.....but I am also thinking about all of the other places. Because it is February and during the week I am sure that the hours will be earlier. Maybe this time we will do something unheard of...... Maybe we will eat out and away. I know there are some good places over in the Garden Walk so maybe we will venture over there.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #30
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Today I am making reservations for our hotel. We are definitely staying at the beautiful Ayres Hotel. I am really excited to stay here. From everything I know this is a wonderful hotel. They have a thing where you can have wine waiting in the room. Because it is for Valentines Day I am considering it. We shall see.

I am also looking at rental cars. I just can't decide which company to go with. I figure that I am best to make these reservations right now. I want to have all my eggs in one basket.

I want to decide where to eat on Valentines Day. Part of me wants to eat at the Blue Bayou, its romantic, blah, blah, blah.....but I am also thinking about all of the other places. Because it is February and during the week I am sure that the hours will be earlier. Maybe this time we will do something unheard of...... Maybe we will eat out and away. I know there are some good places over in the Garden Walk so maybe we will venture over there.
The options are huge, especially if you have a rental car to take you somewhere. I'll be interested in seeing what you decide. Hopefully they take ressies, since Valentines Day will be a busy night at the restaurants.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: