Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #16
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

OMG I had to share this - I've been looking online for ages about what will happen (if anything) to mark the 40th anniversary of Magic Kingdom (as I mentioned, I've planned to spend the day there) and I just read this on the Disney Blogs site in response to a question another poster asked about what would be happening:

"Iím told from my sources over at Magic Kingdom Park that there are fun surprises planned, but that they will stay a surprise until October 1"

EEEEEEEH! Can't wait to find out what this could mean

Walt Disney World - September 2011 (Engagement Trip). October 2009 (21st Birthday Trip).
Disneyland Report Paris - 1995, Santa Fe / 2007, Explorers Hotel / 2010, Cheyenne / 2012, Newport Bay Hotel
Disneyland Resort California - April 2013
izzie-wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #17
Sapper383
DIS Veteran

I'll be at MK that day too....how exciting
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2011, 03:37 AM   #18
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzie-wizzie View Post
"Iím told from my sources over at Magic Kingdom Park that there are fun surprises planned, but that they will stay a surprise until October 1"
That's good to read. I was convinced they were going to announce something at the recent D23 Expo, so when there was no news I had finally admitted defeat and thought there was going to be nothing special happening. I hope we get some sort of warning of where to be for the surprises.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #19
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

On to the second week now

Day 9 - Sunday 2nd October

A relaxing day - breakfast, and then pool time, maybe visit a water park for a few hours. Then in the evening we have a reservation at Citricos - after dinner, we will try watch Hallowishes from outside, and then head along to Polynesian for a Lapu-Lapu

Day 10 - Monday 3rd October

Universal / Islands of Adventure / City Walk - just really a chance to come back , do more of what we didn't do the previous week.

Day 11 - Tuesday 4th October

Animal Kingdom , hopefully a chance to see more Finding Nemo the Musical!!

Then we have a dinner reservation at Cape May Cafe that evening, and will spend the evening at the Boardwalk.

Day 12 - Wednesday 5th October

After a probably lazy start, will go to Epcot - which has EMH until midnight We have dinner at Via Napoli that evening. Will just enjoy the rides and F+W Festival

Day 13 - Thursday 6th October

We'll probably spend the first half of today in Hollywood Studios, and the second part in Epcot. By this point of the holiday though, it will really depend on where we fancy going to!!

Day 14 - Friday 7th October

This is our last full day in Orlando now We will probably spend it in Magic Kingdom, and then go to Downtown Disney in the evening - i've made a reservation in Raglan Road.

Day 15 - Saturday 8th October!

Home Time! However, the flight isn't until about 8pm so we will have the morning/early afternoon for anything we may still have to do!!

So that's the trip!! We've not really made in time to visit Sea World or MNSSHP - but I suppose its one of those things that once we are there and after the first few days if we do change our mind then we can work this in not a problem - its crazy how quick 2 weeks seems when you write down all the parks and things - especially when I'm trying to plan it so that we're not rushing around at all!!

I suppose there are always going to be things that you don't have time to do though! Busch Gardens, Spa Time, Richard Petty Driving thing (for Scott!) and visiting a beach or two! I think i'm just having that conflicting feeling of wanting to take it easy / but trying to fit in more!!

Days to Go - 17!!! EEEEEEK!

Walt Disney World - September 2011 (Engagement Trip). October 2009 (21st Birthday Trip).
Disneyland Report Paris - 1995, Santa Fe / 2007, Explorers Hotel / 2010, Cheyenne / 2012, Newport Bay Hotel
Old 09-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #20
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzie-wizzie View Post
its crazy how quick 2 weeks seems when you write down all the parks and things -
I found that with all the restaurants I want to go to - and that's with only a handful of ADRs!

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #21
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
I found that with all the restaurants I want to go to - and that's with only a handful of ADRs!
Haha I know its so true, right?!

I've had so many other reservations made and changed etc - Ohana Dinner, Kona, Teppan Edo, Flying Fish, Biergarten!!! I'd need an extra week!

Old 09-16-2011, 03:50 AM   #22
Rachey_101
Mouseketeer

8 DAAAYS! :D

I just read your 2009 trippie! Oh it was lovely, making me super excited for my trip in October with nearly the exact same dates as your trip in 2009!

Im rather jealous you are staying at SSR, it looks fabby :D. Disney transport for you this year .

Bet you will have a fantastic trip and make sure you do a trippie when you come back! :D
Old 09-16-2011, 05:26 AM   #23
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachey_101 View Post
8 DAAAYS! :D

I just read your 2009 trippie! Oh it was lovely, making me super excited for my trip in October with nearly the exact same dates as your trip in 2009!

Im rather jealous you are staying at SSR, it looks fabby :D. Disney transport for you this year .

Bet you will have a fantastic trip and make sure you do a trippie when you come back! :D
Awww I glad you enjoyed it - I read it back a couple of weeks ago and they are a great way to remember the little silly details you forget about a couple of years later

I am quite excited that we won't have to drive too much - cocktails for us!

Not long til your trip then if it's next month!!! October really is a great time to be there - I love the halloween atmosphere and then when you do have to go home its nearly Christmas time! hehe

Old 09-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #24
BlueGoose
Earning My Ears

Smile

Love your Pre-Trip Report, sounds like you have everything covered!

Have fun! - I look forward to reading about your trip when you get back!
BlueGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:18 AM   #25
buddles norfolk uk
Earning My Ears

Hey, great PTR, I hope you have a really fabulous time and I can't wait for your trip report! It's great to see what other young couples get up to out there.
I'm going to go catch up on your old one instead of doing uni work now....

WDW2002, Offsite | WDW2003, Caribbean Beach | WDW2004, Offsite | WDW2008, Pop Century | WDW2013, The saving has begun!

buddles norfolk uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #26
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddles norfolk uk View Post
Hey, great PTR, I hope you have a really fabulous time and I can't wait for your trip report! It's great to see what other young couples get up to out there.
I'm going to go catch up on your old one instead of doing uni work now....
Oooh good excuse to escape uni work

Old 09-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #27
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Ohh woowwww we go tomorrow!!!!!

We're all packed (apart from the last few bits and bobs we will need when we're getting ready to go to the airport), and just an hour left at work til holiday mode

We have a family party tonight then early at the airport tomorrow!!

Eeeeeee I am too excited - tomorrow night we will actually be in Downtown Disney and then on Sunday at the Magic Kingdom

Old 09-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #28
jtlover
DIS Veteran

Have a great time - we are in SSR in 5 weeks time
Old 10-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #30
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Sooooo I'm back home now... Well I have been home for about 3 weeks now - but everything has just been soo busy since we got back I've not had a chance to start my trip report!

Before I start, I have to let you all know my amazing news that my boyfriend, Scott - proposed!!!!!! So, so, so exciting and lovely I will go into the whole 'proposal story' further into the trip report - but it was really the most romantic way I could have ever imagined and I was thrilled... I still am thrilled!! I have the most amazing Fiance ever and feel so lucky!

Here's a picture of my engagement ring (we picked this out when we were back home - he had made an appointment at Tiffany's in London to look at engagement rings!!!) I've always dreamed of having a Tiffany engagement ring so I was soooo happy - I feel so spoiled and lucky that it almost doesn't feel real

Soo - on to Trip Reporting!!

Day 1 - Saturday 24th September 2011 - Travel Day

We had a really early start for our travel day, so were up at about 4.00am - I never mind waking up early when I'm away on holiday though - that excited feeling is just priceless So we headed to the airport which is really quite close to where we stay for a short flight from Aberdeen to Paris. We had a couple of hours wait at Charles de Gaulle before we boarded our flight for Orlando.

We were clearly in the Disney spirit when we found this in the airport shop:

When we were going through Charles de Gaulle airport - the queue skipping that was going on was quite rediculous! I was too exited to let it bother me so I just laughed it off - but it was just sooo blatantly obvious they were skipping the queue, in bag scan security line, in the coffee line, in the boarding line - even in the toilet line!! There must be some kind of 'queue skipping course 101' that I have never heard of!

Anyway - we got on the plane and I was relieved to find we had our personal entertainment systems - we were flying Air France and I had heard horror stories they didn't have the personal systems. So I settled in my seat and watched "Just not that into you" with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston (funny film - I caught myself laughing out loud which is always funny when your plugged into your own film on a plane) and then I watched a few episdodes of Sex and the City and Modern Family. I started watching Avatar - but just couldn't get into it.

Scott watched Bridesmaids on my recommendation - think its more of a girly film though

We landed on time but then had the lovely customs / security check to get through - we were waiting in line for about an hour and a half - eeek. It was really warm and stuffy in there too - a girl a few people in front of us even fainted! Always a bit scary when that happens . Then we grabbed our bags and headed to find Magic Express

When we got there it was great to feel so 'Disney' all of a sudden! As they have mickeys everywhere, and the cast members have the mickey hands. It didn't take long til we were on the bus on the way to Saratoga Springs Resort!!!

The rain was coming down really strong when we arrived in Orlando, but cleared up when we were on the bus - however the lightning lasted most of the night - which was crazy to see such bad lightening without it raining.

We arrived at Saratoga Springs Resort, and went through the online-check-in desk and were sooooo pleased to see our room request had been honoured

We had a fabulous room - we were in the block closest to the Downtown Disney walk-way, with a 3rd floor room overlooking Downtown Disney. I was soo excited - and it was a closer walk for us to Downtown Disney than it was to reception!! But we were still really close to the bus stop for getting busses to the parks - win-win!

So we unpacked a little - then decided to head to Downtown Disney for some dinner and to start using our Dining Plan!! I have tried to take some food pics this trip - as I know how much I loved looking at dining reports during holiday planning! I had planned we go to Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express - since we weren't overly hungry (and had that sluggishy feeling you get after a long journey) we headed to EOS! This place was amazing!

It had a little bit of a wait in line and we were both a little confused about what we were / weren't allowed with our dining plan - even reading up on it so much before! I think we pretty much learned you can have ANYTHING as long as it's not alcoholic haha. Anyway we got our food, and grabbed a table.
So I had the:

Hawaiin BBQ Sandwich, this was amazing - the sauce with it was just sooo num!!! I think I expected it to be bland, but it had a so much flavour. I had high expectations for this place - and I can confidently say the taste of this sandwich STILL exceeded these expectations - as far as sandwiches go - Earl of Sandwich is worth the hype.

Scott had the Cannonballs! sandwich - which is a meatball sub. I can say that this was just as tasty as my sandwich, probably more 'meaty' if you like that sort of thing - but I really enjoyed it, the only real comparison I had to this was a Subway meatball sub - but this isn't even in the same league! You can even see how meaty the meatballs are in the picture (does that sound weird saying a meaty meatball? It makes sense in my head anyway!!)

Anyway - I think as far as sandwiches go, if you can't tell I thought this was super impressive and tasty!

We just had diet cokes for our drinks and picked up a cupcake / brownie as our desserts - although we were stuffed by the time we got through these sandwiches so we ate them for breakfast the next day! They were tasty enough - pretty average but nice

Anyway, once we had ate dinner, we went in to a couple of shops (Days of Christmas!!) heading back to our hotel and then crashed out watching Stacey's Must Do's!!

The whole night just had that lovely feeling that we had arrived and had the whole holiday in front of us - that lovely, happy feeling you get in your tummy that is just soo WOW :D

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: