DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

What's up with Aulani (sales on hold)?

Kinda took a break from the DVC boards recently as we were planning our DLP / DCL Med trip so I guess I missed some scoop. Just got back this week. Was disappointed to find out on the ship that sales were suspended for Aulani. What did I miss? I wanted to price an add-on & they said no can do.

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

See what happens when you go way???

Short story: Jim Lewis and several others lost their jobs over this - legal problems in the filing - people lucky enough to have already bot will get subsidized dues there for life.

So...let this be a lesson to you!

DVCconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
adminjedi
I use my powers for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
Kinda took a break from the DVC boards recently as we were planning our DLP / DCL Med trip so I guess I missed some scoop. Just got back this week. Was disappointed to find out on the ship that sales were suspended for Aulani. What did I miss? I wanted to price an add-on & they said no can do.
"Firings and Hirings and Dues, Oh My"

It seems the powers that be mis-calculated the actual cost of operations and under valued the starting cost of MFs. Those who bought prior to the discovery will have to be subsidized by Disney for the life of the contract. Sales have been halted until the new dues are calculated and new docs filed with Hawaii. In the aftermath, several higher ups were fired, including Jim Lewis.

DVC MEMBER SINCE 2006
adminjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

How do you think the subsidized dues will effect resale if someone bought one of the originally sold contracts on the resale market? Just wondering....

Last edited by dbs1228; 08-28-2011 at 12:18 PM. Reason: edit
dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #5
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

With Vero Beach, the subsidized MF's carry to a new owner. However, given the recent changes in resales not carrying some benefits, I can see Disney deciding in this case to make it non transferrable.

Not sure they can legally or not, but I am sure if there is a way, they will.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
adminjedi
I use my powers for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
How do you think the subsidized dues will effect resale if someone bought one of the originally sold contracts on the resale market? Just wondering....
I believe they will use ROFR to reclaim the points and resell them under the new MF terms.

DVC MEMBER SINCE 2006
Old 08-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #7
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
With Vero Beach, the subsidized MF's carry to a new owner. However, given the recent changes in resales not carrying some benefits, I can see Disney deciding in this case to make it non transferrable.

Not sure they can legally or not, but I am sure if there is a way, they will.

I don't think that would be a legal option for DVC..I believe they'd have to roft the contract to extinguish the subsidy.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

WOW! Jim Lewis gone & I missed all the Let's Party threads?! That must've been a whopper of a mis-calculation!! Double drats for not having bought there yet. Was hoping for a sweet deal on the Magic. I was stunned when they said no more sales for awhile.

So who's running the show now???

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #9
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So who's running the show now???
Claire is.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pro...s-claire-bilby

Old 08-29-2011, 01:04 AM   #10
adminjedi
I use my powers for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
Double drats for not having bought there yet. Was hoping for a sweet deal on the Magic.
We are kicking ourselves for not following through on purchasing more points, too! We decided to wait until our Feb 2012 cruise, now it will cost additional $ every year! Oh well, let's look at the glass half full.....we did buy some points!

DVC MEMBER SINCE 2006
Old 08-30-2011, 07:46 AM   #11
adminjedi
I use my powers for good

Ohhhh, just had another thought.

Maybe they will have a new low "introductory" offer to re-kick-start the sales!
Here's hoping!

DVC MEMBER SINCE 2006
Old 08-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #12
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adminjedi View Post
Ohhhh, just had another thought.

Maybe they will have a new low "introductory" offer to re-kick-start the sales!
Here's hoping!
Yesterday (8/29/2011), the Orlando Sentinel reported that DVD was filing a new fee schedule on Monday and Aulani sales will resume once the revised plans are approved.

I'm surprised that its taken DVD over a month and a half to submit a new fee schedule. I wonder how long it will take the State of Hawaii to approve the revised fees.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:05 AM   #13
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
. . . . .I'm surprised that its taken DVD over a month and a half to submit a new fee schedule. I wonder how long it will take the State of Hawaii to approve the revised fees.
I keep thinking that Hawaii will expedite it, but then I remember that they operate on island time which is pretty relaxed and slow. And then there's the fact that Hawaii's government employees are still furloughed one day a week because of lack of funding. Even the Aulani deeds that are filed take awhile to be filed on the Hawaii website (the current deeds on the website were filed in May). It doesn't mean they aren't being filed timely just not updated on the website.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #14
L.C.Clench
Earning My Ears

Aside from filing in Hawaii, doesn't each state have its own individual laws for timeshare? I would imagine that they would have to re-file with every state as well in order to be able to sell the product there. Correct me if I am wrong.
L.C.Clench is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: