Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2011, 02:00 AM   #91
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Great updates

La Hacienda and Yak & Yeti look excellent, I'd really love to try both the tuna from Y&Y and the Seafood dish at La Hacienda looks amazing
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:31 AM   #92
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

I am loving the reviews so far! So glad to hear you guys enjoyed Yak and Yeti. I got an ADR for lunch and it'll be our first time trying it. Sounds like it's gonna be a yummy meal

And that's great that you got such a great room at Beach Club!

Can't wait to read more
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #93
mossyflossy
Mouseketeer

More great reviews, thanks for sharing You've reminded me that we forgot to order the tuna app at YnY this year
mossyflossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #94
iluvpluto27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallWorld71 View Post
Great reviews!
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee View Post
More great reviews! Thank you!

La Hacienda - I have never been there, but it is on the top of MY list - DH doesn't like Mexican food away from home, but I am hoing he can correct his issue!

Yak and Yeti - loved your review. I am not a fan of Yak and Yeti, but by reading reviews I hope I find a way to change my perspective.
Thanks. Hope you get to give La Hacienda a try.

We've always enjoyed the food at Yak and Yeti, service has sometimes been very rushed but we've never left hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz2notz View Post
I'm really enjoying your reviews, thanks for sharing.

Hope you continue to have a great trip.
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Not that the main courses do not look good (I am not a seafood fan), but I am the most envious again over all of those yummy looking desserts. I do not really eat much dessert at home, but love eating it at WDW on the dining plan. Sorry the tacos were upsetting, but the food at La Hacienda looks good. It makes me want to eat there.

I am not a coffee fan, but I love coffee cake. To my knowledge, they never contain any actual coffee. It looked good!
Thanks, the desserts have been fab. It's great to splurge at WDW with great desserts.

And thanks for the tip about the coffee cake, that must be a difference between the US and UK. In England if we ordered coffee cake it would be made with coffee and have a strong coffee flavour, I was expecting the same over here but obviously not.

Sept 2005 - ASMU
Sept 2007 - POFQ/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2008 - AKL/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2009 - SSR/BWI/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2011 - BC/Royal Pacific/CR
Sept 2012 - BC/Royal Pacific
May 2013 - WL/Royal pacific
Sept 2013 - Royal Pacific
iluvpluto27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #95
iluvpluto27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Great updates

La Hacienda and Yak & Yeti look excellent, I'd really love to try both the tuna from Y&Y and the Seafood dish at La Hacienda looks amazing
Thank you, both those dishes were really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetDisney View Post
I am loving the reviews so far! So glad to hear you guys enjoyed Yak and Yeti. I got an ADR for lunch and it'll be our first time trying it. Sounds like it's gonna be a yummy meal

And that's great that you got such a great room at Beach Club!

Can't wait to read more
Thank you. I really hope you enjoy Yak and Yeti as much as we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
More great reviews, thanks for sharing You've reminded me that we forgot to order the tuna app at YnY this year
Thank you. There's always next year, I'm assuming you'll be visiting again in 2012?

Sept 2005 - ASMU
Old 09-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #96
iluvpluto27
DIS Veteran

Artist Point

Tonight it was time for our first signature of the trip, Artist Point. Weíve always had enjoyable meals here in the past so were looking forward to dining here again.

We arrived around 25 minutes early for our 7:30 reservation, but they had no problem seating us early. The restaurant was only around half full, and had a very quiet, adult atmosphere.

Our server once again was excellent, she was chatty, constantly kept our water glasses topped up, was happy to answer any questions about the menu and even though she had four tables to look after by the time we finished our meal, was constantly there when needed and paced the meal well.

We ordered a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc to drink, which was very nice and went well with the fish entrees we chose.

For my appetiser I chose the smoky portobello soup, I love this so much I couldnít bring myself to order anything else. This was fantastic as usual, a deep smoky mushroom flavour, creamy in texture with croutons and dried mushrooms to add a bit of crunchy texture. Delicious!

DH ordered the Dungeness crab cake served with asian slaw. This was a very nice crab cake, very little filler, nice hint of spice to it and was complemented well by the crunchy asian slaw.

For my entree I ordered the Cedar Plank Salmon served with baby carrots, petit zucchini and bacon-egg vinaigrette. This was the only disappointing dish of the night. The salmon was slightly overcooked, being well and truly medium, rather than a juicy medium rare. The baby courgettes were lovely, the carrots had an nice orange glaze but were underdone for my tastes, being nearly raw, as you could barely cut into them with your knife. I just didnít get the bacon-egg vinaigrette, the egg was little pieces of yolk, and crunchy pieces of bacon, but I wasnít sure it worked that well with the salmon.

DH chose the Alaskan Halibut, served with shallot-fennel ragout, confit lobster mushrooms and asparagus. The fish was perfectly cooked, it was served with white and green asparagus, the white was slightly undercooked but green was perfect. The fennel salad added a lovely freshness to the dish.

For my dessert I chose the strawberries and cream. This was a fantastic, light dessert. The vanilla panna cotta, had a strong vanilla flavour and was wonderfully smooth and creamy. The sponge on top was light and moist, and combined with the strawberry jus and panna cotta was a wonderful combination.

DH chose the chocolate indulgence this was amazing but it was one of the richest desserts Iíve ever tasted and Iíve no idea how he managed to eat the whole thing. This was a thick, incredibly rich, chocolate fudge type base, topped with cherries and cherry sauce, shavings of chocolate and a salted caramel ice cream. The ice cream was wonderful and was the perfect accompaniment to the terrine, a truly amazing dessert.

If youíre wondering what the lights on the dessert are, they were a complimentary light up tinkerbell and buzz for our anniversary. Iím such a child, but these made my night!

Overall, I was disappointed with my salmon, but the rest of the meal was amazing and weíll be back.

On the way out we stopped at Roaring Forks, I'd heard they had Magic Cookie Bars which were similar to a snack we loved when we stayed at Port Orleans a few years ok. This was lovely, buttery biscuit, coconut, chocolate chips,mickey sprinkles and butterscotch chips. We kept this in the fridge and nibbled on it for the next few days.

Sept 2005 - ASMU
Old 09-22-2011, 01:54 AM   #97
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Once again, the desserts look amazing. The chocolate one made me wish I could reach through the computer for a bite. It was nice of them to give you Buzz and Tinkerbell. That was a really nice touch.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:17 AM   #98
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Glad you enjoyed Artist Point and loved the glowing desserts
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:52 AM   #99
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

The light up Buzz and Tinkerbell with your desserts was so cute! I can't wait for our ADR at Artist Point, the food looks so yummy!

butiflfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #100
iluvpluto27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Once again, the desserts look amazing. The chocolate one made me wish I could reach through the computer for a bite. It was nice of them to give you Buzz and Tinkerbell. That was a really nice touch.
That chocolate dessert was DH's favourite, it hasn't been beaten by any restaurant yet this trip. I loved the Buzz and Tink, it made my night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Glad you enjoyed Artist Point and loved the glowing desserts
Thanks, the desserts were so cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
The light up Buzz and Tinkerbell with your desserts was so cute! I can't wait for our ADR at Artist Point, the food looks so yummy!
They were cute, hope you enjoy your meal there.

We've now left the Beach Club () and are staying at Royal Pacific Resort for the next few nights. We've been to HHN twice, and apart from the rain it was very good. Saw Harry Potter yesterday and it was amazing, the Forbidden Journey ride is so good, and the theming is just jaw-dropping.

We've finished our days on the DxDDP, and are now having to pay for food. We managed to use up all our credits even though we had 23 snacks left with only two days to go (lots of bottles of water and treats for work colleagues!).

I'm sorry I haven't been able to do as many updates as I'd like, we now have internet access for the next three days so hopefully I may get a couple more updates in now.

Sept 2005 - ASMU
Old 09-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #101
txmomto1
Mouseketeer

Really enjoy your reviews. Can't wait to read more. Hope you are enjoying your trip.
txmomto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:33 PM   #102
gardengirl628
I'm sorry I bit you....and pulled your hair....and punched you in the face.

I have dreams about the soup at Artist Point. To die for!

Dana
WDW-offsite 1977, 1984; Dixie Landings November 1998; CSR June 2007; AKL November/December 2009; BWV/Western Magic/BLT February 2011; BCV July 2011; BLT/3 day Dream October 2012; HHI April 2013; BW August 2013
gardengirl628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #103
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

The Strawberries and Cream dessert at AP is to die for. I had it in May and it was fantastic. Great review and totally jealous of the length of your trip!

Jill in CO
Old 09-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #104
iluvpluto27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmomto1 View Post
Really enjoy your reviews. Can't wait to read more. Hope you are enjoying your trip.
Thank you, we're having a great time on this trip, can't believe we've only got 4 nights left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl628 View Post
I have dreams about the soup at Artist Point. To die for!
It is that good, so creamy, but the flavour is so intense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
The Strawberries and Cream dessert at AP is to die for. I had it in May and it was fantastic. Great review and totally jealous of the length of your trip!

Jill in CO
It was really good, perfectly balanced flavour, and reasonably light after a filling meal.

It doesn't matter how long the trip is, it's never long enough. It just goes over so fast, I can't believe we're on our 20th night, it only feels like a week or so since we were arriving at MCO airport!

Sept 2005 - ASMU
Old 09-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #105
iluvpluto27
DIS Veteran

Captains Grille

We were having a late start today so had booked Captains Grille for breakfast. Weíd never been to this restaurant before, but as we were staying right next door we decided to give it a try.

We arrived at 8:40 for our 8:45 reservation, and were seated immediately as the place was only around a quarter full.

You can either order of the menu or have the buffet here, and we decided to choose the buffet. Our server greeted us quickly and brought coffee and orange juice.

The buffet wasnít enormous but it had a decent selection, of cereals, savoury and sweet breakfast food.

For my first plate I chose Eggs Benedict, a sausage, breakfast potatoes and a slice of toast. The eggs benedict was really tasty, but the egg was cooked medium (probably has to be on a buffet), the potatoes were fried with peppers, onion and some sort of ham and the sausage was spicy, and not too greasy.

Dh had some toast, egg white and vegetable fritata, scrambled egg and a biscuit. I forgot to take a picture until it was half eaten. He finished all of this, the scrambled egg was fine, well seasoned and not overcooked, the fritatta was tasty, and included a mix of peppers and tomatoes.

For my second plate I selected some sweet items. The cinnamon bun at the back of this plate was the best thing on the whole buffet. It was served warm from a big pan, covered in sweet icing. It was gooey, soft and had a nice cinnamon flavour. The cherry danish was fresh, flaky pastry with a tart cherry filling. The chocolate pastry was also good, but with itís heavy icing it was a little too sweet for me. The little tub was natural yogurt, honey and chunks of peach, this was good with just a little too much honey for my taste.

DH had two of the cinammon rolls, cherry danish, chocolate croissant and a blueberry muffin. He also loved the cinamon roll, but two were a little too much for him, with the rest of these pastries.

Overall we enjoyed this breakfast. Service was fine, although not as excellent as it should have been given how empty the restuarant was (we waited a while for our plates to be cleared and for the check), and it was a pleasant, quiet atmosphere.

Sept 2005 - ASMU

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: