Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #46
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Geez, I can't believe they closed the monorail down! That's pretty scary.

Omgosh your food looks so good. I'm STARVING right now, almost lunch time. And the desserts you chose were the desserts I would have chosen!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 08-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #47
serene56
DIS Veteran

ok- let me try again o subscribe to the story.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2011, 08:22 PM   #48
FosterA
DIS Veteran

I'm totally keeping up with your TR. As a matter of fact, all day at work I kept dragging on and on and thinking "maybe when I get home there will be more to read on this trip report". It gave me something to look forward to on this otherwise boring Tues.

I love blue cheese and am starving right now so I want to eat my computer screen looking at that steak

So at this point the only park BF has been to is MK, right? He really liked Philarmagic but what else did you notice he thought was impressive? Did he like Space or Splash?

Keep it up!
Old 08-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #49
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

That food looks really yummy! I'm so glad that I have a reservation there in October.

Your dessert looked absolutely divine. I think that's what I'm going to have to get.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:40 AM   #50
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Lol love the photo of BF with the sheriff hat on! Glad to read you enjoyed Space Mountain much more this time.

Wow at the monorail being closed due to the weather (crazy stuff!) Sounds like you had a great meal at The Wave - all of the food looks soo yummy
Old 08-31-2011, 08:46 PM   #51
heathsf
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to write an update today! I was at my school from 8 - 5:30 cleaning and setting up my classroom. It took me twice as long to get home as it should have because of all the post-Irene traffic (so many roads are still closed), then I ate dinner (chinese food that BF ordered), and went out to buy more stuff for my classroom. And I'm sick too, so all I want to do now is crawl into bed.

Hopefully I'll have an update posted tomorrow night. Please don't give up on me!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #52
Oliquig
Mouseketeer

I have to catch up, I just got power back after the lovely Irene visited here!

First, holy smokes, the rain must have been bad, plus the lightening!

Second, um the food looks amazing! Its so funny that you mentioned that you didn't care for the fruit on the cheesecake, because when I looked at the photo of the menu, the first thing I thought was I would have to find out what the seasonal fruit is before I ordered that!

The idea of popcorn gelato both frightens me and sparks my curiousity. Have a great first day of school!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:26 PM   #53
FosterA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to write an update today! I was at my school from 8 - 5:30 cleaning and setting up my classroom. It took me twice as long to get home as it should have because of all the post-Irene traffic (so many roads are still closed), then I ate dinner (chinese food that BF ordered), and went out to buy more stuff for my classroom. And I'm sick too, so all I want to do now is crawl into bed.

Hopefully I'll have an update posted tomorrow night. Please don't give up on me!
No worries! get better soon and take your time on your trip report. I know I sometimes go several days before I get a chance to update mine. We've all subscribed and will check in here and there and certainly not give up on ya!
Old 09-01-2011, 06:48 AM   #54
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

I am enjoying your report. I took my gf to Disney World last year for the 1st time. It was so much fun watching her reactions
Old 09-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #55
TinkerbellBby
Mouseketeer

First: I can't believe that the monorailw as shut down. I don't think I've even even heard of that before.

Second: The food looked absolutely delicious.

Third: I'm happy to see that your boyfriend is seems to be enjoying Disney more and more in each update .

Can't wait for another update !
Old 09-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #56
okw19
DIS Veteran

I just found your TR and it's great! My fiance *might* be joining my family in January for a week in WDW and I'm so nervous. He's only been once at age 7, and he just doesn't "get it". I'm hoping I can turn him into a Disney lover!

Old 09-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #57
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No giving up here, everyone has a life to live outside of the Dis
Old 09-01-2011, 01:24 PM   #59
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No need to apologise - just post whenever you are able to do so and we will all still be here and reading along!

Hope the new school year is going well.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #60
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:

A busy day for you indeed! Do you start school next tuesday? Hope you feel better soon!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: