Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #76
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterA View Post
I've really enjoyed your report so far. You write great considering you are so young

My daughter is also 14 and I'll be taking her (and my son and husband) to Disney for their first time ever this November. I like to hear your point of view so I will know what things she will enjoy or not enjoy since you are similar.

I can't wait to hear more!
Awww thankyou! And thanks for reading!

Your daughter is so lucky! I think 14 is the perfect age to go because you actually remember all those vacation memories when you're an adult.

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

Old 09-12-2011, 04:02 PM   #77
meggiebeth

Welcome back to my Trip Report! Let's get started again!

We headed over to Tomorrowland to get a FP for Space Mountain.

We saw the Astro Orbiter and thought about going on it but it didn't look too exciting, and there was a queue.

These things were awesome! We saw things like this in all the Disney Parks. They're so clever and much appreciated in the Floridian August humidity.

So next, where did we head to?!

Space Mountain! We got a FP but the queue time was 'apparently' 30 minutes. We decided this could be bearable.

The queue was very long however and the line was very decieving. We thought we were at the ride and then there was a whole maze of people infront of us!

It turned out that it took us about 1 hour 20 minutes to get to ride. Wasn't helped by the fact that it broke down for 20 minutes. At least they got it fixed and working, so that our queuing wasn't all for nothing!

Rory loved looking at all the pictures on the walls, and the interactive games were awesome. The queuing area for SM is quite elaborate.

Say hello! (Lame photo)

So we then took one last look at Main Street and hopped on the monorail for our lunch ADR at the GFC! (Our FP time for SM was not due until later in the day.)

Passing BLT on the Monorail...

William and Rorsie on the monorail:

Passing thru the CR:

Getting bored

And phew, we finally reached the...

Grand Floridian! Goodness gracious, this was a beautiful hotel. When you walk into the lobby, your eyes widen and your jaw drops. Luckily we were about 20 minutes early so we could sit and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of the GF.

I'll leave you with this photo... gotta go to bed!

Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for our photos of the GF and the amazing GFC!

~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #78
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Another great update. I agree, the GF is amazing and breathtaking.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #79
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Megan, your trip report is awesome!!! We are leaving to go in 3 days and I am so excited!! The pics are great that you have posted and make me feel like I am already there.

What was your one most favorite thing about your trip?

Ever thought of being a writer? You may have career in the making!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #80
meggiebeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Another great update. I agree, the GF is amazing and breathtaking.
Thanks! The GF is just stunning and I dream of staying there someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Megan, your trip report is awesome!!! We are leaving to go in 3 days and I am so excited!! The pics are great that you have posted and make me feel like I am already there.

What was your one most favorite thing about your trip?

Ever thought of being a writer? You may have career in the making!
Thanks! And thanks for joining in too!
Have a great trip! I'm sure it'll be amazing! I'm so jealous- we have a couple years to wait. Let me know how it goes when you're back.
I couldn't really single it down to one ride or show, so I would say that our evening at MK watching the Electrical Parade, the Magic, the Memories and You and Wishes was my favorite part of the trip. They are such great experiences, that just added to the Disney magic.
Thanks! I have thought about being a writer, but I'm not too sure what I want to do yet. You don't really know at my age. But I'd love to be a writer, or a reporter, something like that.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #81
joy13
DIS Veteran

Great updates! What did you all think of Space Mountain? I haven't been on it in 4 years because they were doing the refurbishment last time we were there in 2009.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #82
meggiebeth

Lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe (Part 1)

Welcome back to my TR. I'll get right back on track now! Sorry for the lack of updates, Rory's birthday party is coming up very soon and I've been very busy planning it. And it will no doubt be a DISNEY PARTY!

So, back to reporting. We had a look round the Grand Floridian, and were taken in by its grandeur and beauty. What an amazing hotel. We never got a chance to look in all the shops, sob sob.

I was in seventh heaven looking around the GF- I've never been in a hotel like it before... nor had any of our family I think. But, Rory was grouchy and hungry and William was not enjoying sightseeing or browsing the stores (what surprises you there?!) So we headed over to the GFC a little early.

Our Meal at the Grand Floridian Cafe

It was very quiet. We loved the restaurant and the atmosphere. It felt quite upmarket for 1TS credit, and very light and airy.

Because I'm a vegetarian, the Chef came out and asked me what I would like. This was the only restaurant in the trip that really did that, and it made me feel really special. Back at home, only very expensive restaurants do that.

I honestly didn't know what to ask for! I said "Do you have vegetarian sausages?" But he looked at me blankly and shook his head. I didn't know whether Americans call them something different. They aren't like frankfurters though. Eventually I just asked for what I KNEW vegetarian Americans ate, and settled for a veggie burger with fries and sugar-snap peas.

The veggie burger was burnt so not that nice, but the fries were delicious and crispy. The sugar-snap peas were one of my favourite foods of the trip strangely. They were coated in some sort of sauce that made them taste delicious. I had never tried sugar-snap peas before and so it was a nice surprise.

Some photos we took whilst waiting for our food: (My food came out before everyone elses)...

Then- the food came! Everyone loved this restaurant. (Well... almost everyone.)

My mum had a medium rare steak, and said it was delicious. All the other steaks she had in the holiday were too well done, so she was very pleased to have a nice one at GFC.

William had the same as Mummy, except his steak was well done. He also really liked his meal.

Rory had the child's meal, fries, broccoli and salmon I think, and... he didn't eat it. Honestly, the amount of food that child left on his plate this vacation could have fed a whole army!

Daddy had the burger, which he really liked. He claimed it was delicious. It was right up on the top 3 of his favourite restaurants, I think.

William showing how much he loved his meal:

Rory wanted a photo with his puffle pins: (And his food!)

Daddy enjoying his burger:

Mummy showing how much she liked her meal:

Willum being the rather strange boy that he is:

That's it for now! I have to go to bed now, but I will finish off our meal at GFC and our first visit to the GF in the next update. Thanks for reading!

Old 09-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #83
meggiebeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
Great updates! What did you all think of Space Mountain? I haven't been on it in 4 years because they were doing the refurbishment last time we were there in 2009.
Thanks! We loved Space Mountain. It was one of our favourite rides and we rode it a lot during our vacation. I would say it was probably my favourite ride out of everything, but I haven't decided yet. Rory loved it, and going at the front.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:15 AM   #84
jelloarms
DIS Veteran

Your brother didn't eat any of it? Not even the fries? Was he just not hungry or he didn't like it?
Old 09-20-2011, 04:40 AM   #85
disneymd33
Real-life Pirate

I'm glad you enjoyed your first trip! And I'm really envious that you were able to convert other members of your family! If only I had some of that magic... I'd be living down there again!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:56 AM   #86
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

The Grand Floridian Cafe looks great! Now you've got me thinking about my ADRs for January.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #87
meggiebeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloarms View Post
Your brother didn't eat any of it? Not even the fries? Was he just not hungry or he didn't like it?
He didn't eat any of it. Rory is getting very picky about what he eats and at home has pasta with gravy a lot. He wasted a lot of food this holiday- thank heavens we weren't paying for it, or it would bug us! He is a stubborn boy, and when he says no, he means no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymd33 View Post
I'm glad you enjoyed your first trip! And I'm really envious that you were able to convert other members of your family! If only I had some of that magic... I'd be living down there again!
It was great! I thought my parents would hate the Disney atmosphere, but I was pleasantly surprised. Don't yours like the Disney magic? I can't imagine that... But living there?! My, you were lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
The Grand Floridian Cafe looks great! Now you've got me thinking about my ADRs for January.
You should definately consider it! It was probably my favourite 1 TS restaurant of all, I'm pretty sure my parents would agree. The food was great and it was a really pretty restaurant.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #88
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Great Trip Report, Subbing In!!

I love seeing younger people writing TR's. My oldest is 14 and am hoping she will get the TR bug!

How long was your flight from England? Just curious as we are the state of Washington (west coast) and it takes us about 6 hours and that's if we are lucky enough to get a direct flight (we always have a layover somewhere because it's typically $250 cheaper per ticket).

Your family is super cute and I loved you little brother's update. I can't wait to read more!

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
Old 09-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #89
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

i agree, the GF is breathtaking!

May 2011 CBR TR. October 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR.
Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
Old 10-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #90
joy13
DIS Veteran

Looks like a wonderful meal (sorry your veggie burger was burnt though )

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: