Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #196
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!
 
WDWRids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 426

Hello!! Your pics from Animal Kingdom are great! When we went in September it was the most crowded of all the parks and the hottest!!! We mostly walked around, went to the Conservatory, rode the Safari and Mount Everest. I loved the Safari and Mount Everest. I have to admit, I thought it was a lame ride until we start going backwards. That was GREAT. Wow, you got some great photos during the Safari - lots of animals out and close.

OMG, I LOVE your villiage!!! The buildings are so neat. If okay with you, I may save one to have as a wallpaper on my computer.

How's school going? French, huh? I took French in college and honestly, I can't remember more than yes, no and please. But it is such a beautiful language.

Study hard!!
WDWRids is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #197
coltsfanatic
"I'm the sweetest vegan you'll ever meet."
 
coltsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 80 Miles from THE Ohio State University, but Florida real soon!
Posts: 307

It's very confusing, but I'm actually enrolled at a local high school but I take all of my classes through a community college. Ohio (and a few other states) has a program called post-secondary enrollment options. It permits high school students to enroll at any participating college to gain credit. The great thing is: my high school pays for everything-tuition, books, etc. I don't have to pay a penny and my family has already saved about $10,000. So, basically, when I graduate high school in spring of 2013, I'll also be graduating with a 2-year degree. That fall, I'll transfer to an actual university and go there for another two years and I'll be done!

In the U.S., a lot of pastas don't have egg because we prefer dried pasta, which basically just has flour and water. Most pizza doughs in the U.S. are also vegan and if they're not, I'll make homemade dough! Almond milk is delish! It doesn't really taste like almonds. It's very good.

I couldn't imagine learning German!

I love those pictures by EE (and the random gorilla one)! I don't know; I feel compelled to try it now!

HDDR review will be great! Can't wait for that one.
coltsfanatic is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #198
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...
 
meggiebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,876

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Hello!! Your pics from Animal Kingdom are great! When we went in September it was the most crowded of all the parks and the hottest!!! We mostly walked around, went to the Conservatory, rode the Safari and Mount Everest. I loved the Safari and Mount Everest. I have to admit, I thought it was a lame ride until we start going backwards. That was GREAT. Wow, you got some great photos during the Safari - lots of animals out and close.

OMG, I LOVE your villiage!!! The buildings are so neat. If okay with you, I may save one to have as a wallpaper on my computer.

How's school going? French, huh? I took French in college and honestly, I can't remember more than yes, no and please. But it is such a beautiful language.

Study hard!!
Hello there!

Thank you! It's interesting to know that AK was also very busy when you went. All the long winding paths probably don't handle crowds as well as MK, Epcot and DHS. I haven't heard of the Conservatory and we didn't do it to my knowledge- something to do next-time! I'm glad you enjoyed the backwards bit on EE- I loved it too! I think it was the rain that got all the animals out, after the long storm the temperatures dropped considerably.

Thankyou! I love my village- it's very pretty. The buildings are pretty historic and fascinating. Some of the houses are from as early as the 1400s I believe. That's fine- of course! I'm glad you like the photos!

School is going well, thanks! I have a few big exams coming up... including a French speaking exam. I'm trying to get to grips with all the irregular verbs and endings. It's quite overwhelming! That's funny you can't remember much of what you learnt! I'm determined to keep my French going- it's pretty handy seeing as I live quite close to France- and it's always good to know some vocab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfanatic View Post
It's very confusing, but I'm actually enrolled at a local high school but I take all of my classes through a community college. Ohio (and a few other states) has a program called post-secondary enrollment options. It permits high school students to enroll at any participating college to gain credit. The great thing is: my high school pays for everything-tuition, books, etc. I don't have to pay a penny and my family has already saved about $10,000. So, basically, when I graduate high school in spring of 2013, I'll also be graduating with a 2-year degree. That fall, I'll transfer to an actual university and go there for another two years and I'll be done!

In the U.S., a lot of pastas don't have egg because we prefer dried pasta, which basically just has flour and water. Most pizza doughs in the U.S. are also vegan and if they're not, I'll make homemade dough! Almond milk is delish! It doesn't really taste like almonds. It's very good.

I couldn't imagine learning German!

I love those pictures by EE (and the random gorilla one)! I don't know; I feel compelled to try it now!

HDDR review will be great! Can't wait for that one.
Oh, so you're in highschool? Sorry... I get confused easily! So you're... 16...17...? That's so neat that you can get a 2 year degree at the same time you're finishing high school! And that you get it all for free is AMAZING! I wish I had some sort of opportunity like that here. As far as I know... we don't, lol. My school ends in year 11 (I guess 'year' is like your 'grade'). Then I have to move to sixth form at another school because my school doesn't have it... thank goodness! Sixth form is basically year 12 and 13. After that, we get to go to university!

My school would probably never pay for college like yours... this year they aren't even letting us do work experience... to save a little money.

Oh yeah, we have dried pasta here... a lot of people like it because it's a lot cheaper than fresh pasta with egg. I love the way you pronounce it in America... like 'paahsta'. You sound like a fan of cooking! It's something I'd love to try but... my brothers refuse to try anything vegetarian... yet alone vegan. My parents love quorn though- It has so much less fat than real meat. I'll have to look at the supermarket and see if there's any almond milk. They might sell it in a health store even.

German is the most confusing language (at least to me!) and I don't find it as attractive as French. We are forced to learn it through year 7 to year 9- thank goodness I'm in year 10 now and don't have to suffer it anymore!

Thanks! Oh, lol, is that first one a gorilla one? Rory's sitting next to me and he says thankyou for liking his photo. You should definately try it- it's not that bad! If you can last thru ToT, EE is nothing!

Hehe! Have you been to the HDDR? I'll just upload the photos to Photobucket now... they didn't turn out that great
__________________
Dad Mum Meg (17) William (15) Rory (9) Oscar (4)

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~



meggiebeth is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #199
coltsfanatic
"I'm the sweetest vegan you'll ever meet."
 
coltsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 80 Miles from THE Ohio State University, but Florida real soon!
Posts: 307

It's so interesting to learn about England's education system! Yes, the gorilla one! No, never been to HDDR before. I'll have to check out your review of it.
coltsfanatic is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #200
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...
 
meggiebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,876

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfanatic View Post
It's so interesting to learn about England's education system! Yes, the gorilla one! No, never been to HDDR before. I'll have to check out your review of it.
Hehe the HDDR is fab. You should definately go! I guess we liked it more because of how patriotic it was to the US
__________________
Dad Mum Meg (17) William (15) Rory (9) Oscar (4)

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~



meggiebeth is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #201
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...
 
meggiebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,876

Hoop de Doo Revue

Hello! Sorry I've been away for a while. We've just had half term and I've been all around the country for some reason.

We had a swim and got ready for HDDR. I was curious what it would be like, but not sure how much we'd like it.

We went to the 9pm performance and it wasn't very busy. We were seated RIGHT at the front and had an amazing view!

Of course miserable William decided this show was above him and stayed back at SSR. I think he was admittedly tired, but if we'd have paid for the dining plan, rather than getting it for free, I think my parents would be annoyed at the money that would have been lost.

Because of how ... well... un-busy it was, everyone was seated on the ground floor. We met another British family that had been staying at SSR, and they reccommended a shopping centre/mall in Orlando. We decided to check it out sometime.

Here is a photo of HDDR just as we got seated.



Here is Rory looking at the menu and thinking 'There's nothing I like here!' He is way too fussy. Turns out he loved the food in the end.



This picture is a 'fail' as William would say. However the cornbread was DELICIOUS and my mouth is watering right now just thinking about it!



My mum's half eaten salad...





Mmmm... someone's enjoying cornbread





The chef came out to speak to me about what food I would like. He basically just said 'I will cook pasta with tomato sauce' and I went with it. When it came out, it looked like there was more sauce than pasta!

When the show started... a certain little boy was absorbed. He spent the whole night chuckling away at all the funny things the actors did.



Infact this was the only meal of the week during the evening that Rory stayed awake for. That's gotta mean something!

Anyway, without further ado, here are some of the photos we took during the show!















Well that's it for now! I'll update the rest of HDDR soon. Thanks for reading!
__________________
Dad Mum Meg (17) William (15) Rory (9) Oscar (4)

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~



meggiebeth is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #202
tdzaleski
Earning My Ears
 
tdzaleski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northeastern PA, MK in spirit
Posts: 27

Great Review! Yea, My mom was pretty anti-Disney at first. Since she hasn't gone since she was 7 (besides our last trip) she thought it was really babyish. But, I managed to convince her through many of the disney park movies they have on netflix.
__________________

Me
_______________________________________________
December 16-27 2011, WDW Hilton
Spring Advantage 2015 Hopeful
tdzaleski is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 03:08 AM   #203
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...
 
meggiebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,876

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdzaleski View Post
Great Review! Yea, My mom was pretty anti-Disney at first. Since she hasn't gone since she was 7 (besides our last trip) she thought it was really babyish. But, I managed to convince her through many of the disney park movies they have on netflix.
Thanks! Weirdly, so was my dad. He thought it was going to be tacky, and not good value for money. You must be very convincing and persuasive, like me! At least you managed to go, and experience it all
__________________
Dad Mum Meg (17) William (15) Rory (9) Oscar (4)

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~



meggiebeth is offline  
Old 03-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #204
lilaurora
Mouseketeer
 
lilaurora's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Near Madison, WI, USA
Posts: 158

Fun Trip Report!

I am a huge lurker and don't post very often, but wanted to let you know that you are doing a great job at your trip report. I've been to WDW 3 times in the past few years, but haven't had the gumption to do a TR myself, so kudos!

I always find it interesting to hear people from the UK say how interesting they find the states because I am really interested in the UK! My husband is originally from New England and his ancestors on both his mom and dad's sides came to the colonies back in the 1670's from England. They have been able to trace his dad's family tree all the way back to the time of William the Conqueror about 1000 years ago. (my DH is so lucky!)

For our 10th wedding anniversary, we had always dreamed of visiting the UK (England and Scotland for sure and maybe Wales, too). However, our 10th is this year and we didn't want to deal with the Olympics in London. So, we're going to go next year, probably in June once DD is out of school for summer break.

On a Disney note, I had dreamed of visiting WDW since I was pretty small. I think around 10 (and I'm 33 now) I started asking my mom to buy me guide books on WDW and I would spend so much time reading them and desigining my "dream" trip. Unfortunately, my parents never took me and I finally went on my first trip with a close cousin when I was 28! I'm taking my DD7 on a surprise mommy & me trip in June this year. It will be my 4th trip overall and I plan on having many, many more! There is no such thing as outgrowing Disney!
__________________
Me DH DD (9)



lilaurora is online now  
Old 03-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #205
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...
 
meggiebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,876

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaurora View Post
I am a huge lurker and don't post very often, but wanted to let you know that you are doing a great job at your trip report. I've been to WDW 3 times in the past few years, but haven't had the gumption to do a TR myself, so kudos!

I always find it interesting to hear people from the UK say how interesting they find the states because I am really interested in the UK! My husband is originally from New England and his ancestors on both his mom and dad's sides came to the colonies back in the 1670's from England. They have been able to trace his dad's family tree all the way back to the time of William the Conqueror about 1000 years ago. (my DH is so lucky!)

For our 10th wedding anniversary, we had always dreamed of visiting the UK (England and Scotland for sure and maybe Wales, too). However, our 10th is this year and we didn't want to deal with the Olympics in London. So, we're going to go next year, probably in June once DD is out of school for summer break.

On a Disney note, I had dreamed of visiting WDW since I was pretty small. I think around 10 (and I'm 33 now) I started asking my mom to buy me guide books on WDW and I would spend so much time reading them and desigining my "dream" trip. Unfortunately, my parents never took me and I finally went on my first trip with a close cousin when I was 28! I'm taking my DD7 on a surprise mommy & me trip in June this year. It will be my 4th trip overall and I plan on having many, many more! There is no such thing as outgrowing Disney!
Hello! Thankyou so much! And thanks for reading! You should definately do a TR... they are such fun to do! I love writing and was missing WDW so it seemed like the perfect thing to do.

That is interesting you are interested in the UK! I think people here generally do think America is big and great. Although we speak the same language and all, since visiting the US I think we are quite different countries. That's really neat about your husband being able to trace back his family history to the medieval times! I haven't done anything like that. Won't your family history date back that far? I thought lots of American's ancestors came from Europe and the UK.

You should definately come to the UK! You're making a good decision not coming this summer. We live very near London and it's extremely busy even now because of the Olympics. The Olympic village look very impressive though! Luckily we'll be on holiday in Scotland for 2 weeks of the Olympics so we'll avoid the business.

What kind of holiday were you intending to have in the UK? You'd probably just be moving around a lot- where in England and Scotland are you planning to visit? If you need any advice feel free to ask! England is marvellous, especially London and there's a city near me... Cambridge. I'm sure you've heard of it, but that's lovely too. As for Scotland, my dad is Scottish and so we have spent quite a lot of time up there over the years- I can assure you you will have a great time there! They are very patriotic, like Americans, except the Scottish culture is VERY different. Scottish dancing is fantastic too- you have to try it! (All the men wear kilts lol.)

By the way, June is a great time to go. The weather is good by British standards and UK schools aren't on holiday yet, so it won't be nearly as busy as July and August.

That's quite sad that you didn't get to go to WDW as a child. Especially after buying guide books and planning your dream holiday! I think as long as your parents can afford it, it's good to push for a WDW holiday at least once. My parents thought it would be very tacky and awful- my dad was miserable on the flight over. But they fell in love with it, and now I don't even have to beg for another one- they are desperate to go back in 2013! I hope you have fun on your mother- daughter trip- your daughter is incredibly lucky! I wish I could see her face when you surprise her with it! Infact that's what I want to do with my brother Rory next time, the expression on his face would be priceless!

Thanks so much for reading!
__________________
Dad Mum Meg (17) William (15) Rory (9) Oscar (4)

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~



meggiebeth is offline  
Old 03-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #206
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...
 
meggiebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,876

Hello! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in ages, I've been so busy. But back to trip reporting!

We were having great fun at the HDDR and enjoying the meal but mainly the show which was such good fun and well done!



Near the end they came out and asked a few lucky people to come up on the stage. Surprisingly Rory was asked! We all got very excited... but Rory wasn't willing to do it and was very shy. Honestly that is one of my biggest regrets of the trip. It would have been wonderful to get some photos of him up on stage. Anyway, in the end, they chose another little boy.

Each volunteer from the audience went up, and did their little thing. One of the things the boy did was get kissed by the lady in the purple dress. He cringed and went 'EWWWWW' up on stage. It was so funny and cute!

That was the reason Rory used for not going up (although he didn't know he would be kissed beforehand) but I guess he's just a little shy.

So here's some photos of the volunteers from the audience.





The little boy...









That part was very good fun. Well... the whole show was! And it was coming to an end sadly...





We were given one of these (only one per table sadly...) and Rory and my Mum were enjoying making some noise...



The show came to an end... the cast bowed...





And we left. The one thing that was awesome about this place was that no tip was expected! Everyone just left! So we left quickly, got on a bus and were soon back at our car. This was the one time (surprisingly) we used a Disney bus. It was very efficient. Disney is so well connected!

Overall I would highly reccommend HDDR. One of our favourite meals of the week! Although the food is not spectacular to us (although the cornbread was YUM) I think Americans would probably like it more. We aren't used to ribs and beans with bacon in, etc. The show was so patriotic and amazing!

I've managed to get my mum's and Rory's opinions of the show.

My mum-

"It was a very entertaining evening, great fun, didn't really want it to finish! Food was okay- not really our kind of food- but it didn't matter because the entertainment was so good!"

Rory-

"10/10. The food was good and I really liked the bit when that funny dude was saying 'put your backside in, your backside out, in out, in out and you shake it all about!' It was great! I didn't like going on the stage thing. I didn't want to get kissed by that lady on the stage."

(Sorry about Rory's strange comment, he insisted I write it... that song was honestly his favourite part of the show!)

Well I hope to update soon! Thanks for reading! The weather is getting better, it's sunny, and I can't wait for summer!
__________________
Dad Mum Meg (17) William (15) Rory (9) Oscar (4)

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~



meggiebeth is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #207
coltsfanatic
"I'm the sweetest vegan you'll ever meet."
 
coltsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 80 Miles from THE Ohio State University, but Florida real soon!
Posts: 307

Smile

Sorry I didn't see your review!! Great update! HDDR sounds really good! Sorry the chef wasn't more accommodating, though. He could have done more than pasta and sauce. This was the one show we were going to do in 2000, but it was just too pricey for us with doing Cinderella's Castle breakfast, too.

Glad to see it's warming up in England. It's as dark and dreary here as ever! I keep dreaming of the warm sunshine in Florida! Are you thinking of going back to Disney World anytime soon?
coltsfanatic is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #208
lilaurora
Mouseketeer
 
lilaurora's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Near Madison, WI, USA
Posts: 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
Hello! Thankyou so much! And thanks for reading! You should definately do a TR... they are such fun to do! I love writing and was missing WDW so it seemed like the perfect thing to do.

That is interesting you are interested in the UK! I think people here generally do think America is big and great. Although we speak the same language and all, since visiting the US I think we are quite different countries. That's really neat about your husband being able to trace back his family history to the medieval times! I haven't done anything like that. Won't your family history date back that far? I thought lots of American's ancestors came from Europe and the UK.

You should definately come to the UK! You're making a good decision not coming this summer. We live very near London and it's extremely busy even now because of the Olympics. The Olympic village look very impressive though! Luckily we'll be on holiday in Scotland for 2 weeks of the Olympics so we'll avoid the business.

What kind of holiday were you intending to have in the UK? You'd probably just be moving around a lot- where in England and Scotland are you planning to visit? If you need any advice feel free to ask! England is marvellous, especially London and there's a city near me... Cambridge. I'm sure you've heard of it, but that's lovely too. As for Scotland, my dad is Scottish and so we have spent quite a lot of time up there over the years- I can assure you you will have a great time there! They are very patriotic, like Americans, except the Scottish culture is VERY different. Scottish dancing is fantastic too- you have to try it! (All the men wear kilts lol.)

By the way, June is a great time to go. The weather is good by British standards and UK schools aren't on holiday yet, so it won't be nearly as busy as July and August.

That's quite sad that you didn't get to go to WDW as a child. Especially after buying guide books and planning your dream holiday! I think as long as your parents can afford it, it's good to push for a WDW holiday at least once. My parents thought it would be very tacky and awful- my dad was miserable on the flight over. But they fell in love with it, and now I don't even have to beg for another one- they are desperate to go back in 2013! I hope you have fun on your mother- daughter trip- your daughter is incredibly lucky! I wish I could see her face when you surprise her with it! Infact that's what I want to do with my brother Rory next time, the expression on his face would be priceless!

Thanks so much for reading!
I may just do a trip report yet - stranger things have happened!

Sounds like our plans for June trip are going to work out well. I would love to spend a couple of days in London and do super touristy things like Stonehenge. I also am very anxious to explore Scotland. I've been reading a book series over the past several years and the first couple of books mainly revolve around the Highlands in the 1740's. The second book also has a lot of action in Edinburgh, so I would LOVE to visit there and Inverness at least. My DH also wants London and touristy locales, but he would also really like to seek out the area where his ancestors lived.

As for my family ancestry, I am adopted, so I don't have much into on my birth parents. I do know that their background (collectively) was mostly Polish, Czech, and German. My adoptive family.....their are some family members who have been able to trace my grandparents to Germany, but we only can really trace back to the generation that came to the US back in the late 1800's.

I really like your review of the HDDR. It's something that I think my DD would really enjoy. We may go, but it depends on what resort we end up at on whether or not it would be in the budget.

Can't wait to read more!!
__________________
Me DH DD (9)



lilaurora is online now  
Old 03-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #209
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...
 
meggiebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,876

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfanatic View Post
Sorry I didn't see your review!! Great update! HDDR sounds really good! Sorry the chef wasn't more accommodating, though. He could have done more than pasta and sauce. This was the one show we were going to do in 2000, but it was just too pricey for us with doing Cinderella's Castle breakfast, too.

Glad to see it's warming up in England. It's as dark and dreary here as ever! I keep dreaming of the warm sunshine in Florida! Are you thinking of going back to Disney World anytime soon?
Hi there!

Thank you! HDDR is really good fun. I'm not sure whether it's worth the price... we were on the DDP so didn't worry about that.I probably would not pay out of pocket for it. Ikr, the pasta and sauce was a little disappointing. So was the regular food- very basic, meaty and coated in some sort of sauce. I guess it's meant to be quite basic, theming wise. We drank out of jam jars.

What'd you think of Cinderella's Royal Table? We are looking at going there on our next trip.

It's a shame it's not so good weather where you are! When do things start to heat up for you? Yeah, we are determined to go back next October (2013) and are saving up as much as we can! So excited! I didn't even have to push for it this time. Are you planning to go back to WDW anytime soon then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaurora View Post
I may just do a trip report yet - stranger things have happened!

Sounds like our plans for June trip are going to work out well. I would love to spend a couple of days in London and do super touristy things like Stonehenge. I also am very anxious to explore Scotland. I've been reading a book series over the past several years and the first couple of books mainly revolve around the Highlands in the 1740's. The second book also has a lot of action in Edinburgh, so I would LOVE to visit there and Inverness at least. My DH also wants London and touristy locales, but he would also really like to seek out the area where his ancestors lived.

As for my family ancestry, I am adopted, so I don't have much into on my birth parents. I do know that their background (collectively) was mostly Polish, Czech, and German. My adoptive family.....their are some family members who have been able to trace my grandparents to Germany, but we only can really trace back to the generation that came to the US back in the late 1800's.

I really like your review of the HDDR. It's something that I think my DD would really enjoy. We may go, but it depends on what resort we end up at on whether or not it would be in the budget.

Can't wait to read more!!
You definately should! I would love to read it- I love reading TRs!

London is a wonderful place to go- you will love it. Have you heard of the London Eye? That is a wonderful way to see the city skyline. Also the Tower of London is a great day out- they keep all the crown jewels there. Stonehenge is great! You aren't allowed to walk through the stones anymore though, sadly. Have you considered Cambridge? It's a beautiful city- infact the universities are beautiful too. You could also look at an English Heritage property. English Heritage basically looks after lots of old buildings, mansions and palaces which the owners give up. There's one near me called Audley End House and Gardens which is fascinating.

Scotland is great- as is Edinburgh as you say. Edinburgh castle is really neat attraction. There's also Loch Ness- we are planning to go there this August. And if you're into nature Glencoe is stunning too.

I would definately look for the area your DH's ancestors lived. Has he traced which part of the UK he is from yet?

Wow- I've never met an adopted person before! That's a shame you don't know much of your origins, but fascinating to think that your ancestors lived in a place as different as Poland, Germany and the Czech Rebublic! Apparently I have some Norweigan and French in me but I'm mainly Scottish. (Although I sound very English, weirdly!)

Thank you! HDDR was great fun, one of the best meals of the week! I think your DD will LOVE it, all of our family did. I wouldn't pay for it OOP... (it seems a little too expensive even though it was very good) but if you are on the dining plan (especially if it's the free one) it's better value.

Thanks! Here comes the next update!
__________________
Dad Mum Meg (17) William (15) Rory (9) Oscar (4)

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~



meggiebeth is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #210
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...
 
meggiebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,876

Crystal Palace Breakfast

Hallo! Welcome back to my TR!

After the late night at HDDR, we still had to get up pretty early for our ADR at Crystal Palace the next day. But... ontop of that... it was a VERY sad day

Why? We were checking out of SSR that day! I was feeling really depressed, of course we were still in Florida for a week but we fell in love with SSR and didn't want to move to an offsite resort. Also it meant EMHs, the DDP and whole Disney resort experience was coming to an end.

So we had to get up early, pack up our things, check out, say our goodbyes to our wonderful resort, and rush off to MK.

Naturally, we were a little late. William dashed off to get FPs for Splash Mountain as we queued up to check in for our ADR at CP. This is probably the first time (except for the Mama Melrose incident) that a cast member was a little rude to us during the whole time of our holiday in Florida. We got to the front of the queue, which took 20 minutes, (I guess someone had a problem at the desk and it took a while) and when we finally asked to check in, the lady said quite harshly, "You CAN'T check in until all of your party is with you! Get back in the line when you're all together!" Of course Willum was still out getting FPs for SM. So we had to rush over to get him, line up again and it took another half an hour to get seated.

Me and Rors also forgot our autograph books. We got some paper from our kind waitress and used that instead.

What a pretty restaurant! Light and airy, with good food too! We loved the Winnie the Pooh theming.





The buffet area was spacious and had quite a bit of choice, but not as much as a selection of some of the other buffets. They had a different version of the potato casserole I fell in love with at Akershus. Although I preferred the Akershus version this was still nice.



First to come round was Piglet!



After that we got some food. I got some photos of some of our plates.

My dad's plate...



And (predictably) Rory's plate...



Tigger was very good fun and bouncy!



Winnie the Pooh!



And cute little Eyore (I forgot how miserable he was until I watched the Winnie the Pooh movie the other day!)







What a pretty restaurant!



I loved the little display in the foyer of the restaurant. Beautiful!









Again, the fabulous theming...



Rory and William started messing around at the table, impatient to start exploring MK.









We said goodbye to Crystal Palace, and headed outside...



...to be greeted by this irreplacible view...



Thanks for reading! I shall update more about our final day of the first week very soon!
__________________
Dad Mum Meg (17) William (15) Rory (9) Oscar (4)

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~



meggiebeth is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: