Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #181
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikel1983 View Post
Nice tripreport, unfortunately we didn't saw ourselve on the pictures
Thankyou so much! It's a shame we don't have any pictures of you in, however it's still cool to think that we could have been within metres of eachother on a totally different continent.

Which part of Saratoga Springs did you stay in? We were in the Springs, which we loved, being so close to the pool and restaurant.

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

Old 01-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #182
coltsfanatic
"I'm the sweetest vegan you'll ever meet."

Location: 80 Miles from THE Ohio State University, but Florida real soon!

What a nice trip report, I just found it this morning! I'm a veggie, too (and also love Disney)!

We're trying out some of the restaurants you tried in June. What did you have at Citricos? The tofu dish looks amazing!

I couldn't imagine spending over $5000 to fly...that's more than twice the cost of our whole Disney trip!!

Last edited by coltsfanatic; 01-21-2012 at 11:32 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #183
meggiebeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfanatic View Post
What a nice trip report, I just found it this morning! I'm a veggie, too (and also love Disney)!

We're trying out some of the restaurants you tried in June. What did you have at Citricos? The tofu dish looks amazing!

I couldn't imagine spending over $5000 to fly...that's more than twice the cost of our whole Disney trip!!
Thankyou so much, and thanks for joining in! Glad to meet another vegetarian... and Disney lover

Most of the restaurants were lovely. Citricos is amazing, you will love it. I can't remember what I ate there, but unfortunately it wasn't the tofu dish. I tried tofu for the first time at 'Ohana and I hated it- well, mostly the texture. Have you tried Quorn? I love it. It's very popular in England, but I didn't see any in the US.

It's fascinating to find out that we spend more than double on flights than you do on the whole holiday! It's sad that the flights are so expensive... even flights to Europe for us are getting expensive. We normally go to France on the Eurotunnel to avoid the expensive airfare.

Thanks for reading!

~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,

Old 01-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #184
coltsfanatic

So glad you loved Citricos!! I'm not a plain tofu person, but I love it fried with sauces.

I actually just started buying Quorn a few weeks ago and I love it. My grocer only sells the chicken products, though, but it definitely tastes just like chicken.

...ugh, I know about the flights and pricing! To keep costs low, I checked and checked and finally found a great deal from American Airlines(on the way) and Southwest (going back) and we booked a value resort and aren't doing the dining plan or any tours, etc.

The Eurotunnel sounds great! Ah, I would love to go to France someday. Can't wait to read more!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #185
meggiebeth

Quote:
So glad you loved Citricos!! I'm not a plain tofu person, but I love it fried with sauces.

I actually just started buying Quorn a few weeks ago and I love it. My grocer only sells the chicken products, though, but it definitely tastes just like chicken.

...ugh, I know about the flights and pricing! To keep costs low, I checked and checked and finally found a great deal from American Airlines(on the way) and Southwest (going back) and we booked a value resort and aren't doing the dining plan or any tours, etc.

The Eurotunnel sounds great! Ah, I would love to go to France someday. Can't wait to read more!
You're in for a treat when you try Citricos. I tried tofu with sauces in 'Ohana and I just hated the texture. My dad said he would give my brother $20 if he ate a piece, but William never got it- he spat it out straight away!

You should definately look for more Quorn. I love Quorn mince- I can eat spaghetti bolegnese and sheperds pie with my family that way. Here we have loads of different types of Quorn- burgers, steaks, Sunday roasts, sausage rolls and lots of pretty yummy ready meals.

Are you on the East coast of the US? I can see why flights would be more affordable then. I know flights are more expensive in some parts of the US, but I think generally they must be cheaper. Good job on the flights! It's so satisfying when you find a good deal. We love the dining plan- don't you get it for free staying at a value resort sometimes in the US? We only get it free with Moderates and Deluxes. We don't really want to go at a time they aren't offering free dining!

You really ought to visit France. It is a great place- me and my family love it. It's considered here as a 'cheap' holiday. The Eurotunnel is great. Before it was built a couple years ago we had a six hour ferry ride over to France. Have you been anywhere in Europe? It's great- each country is totally different and has a unique culture.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #186
meggiebeth

Hello there! Sorry it's been so long since my last update. I've been really busy with school. I've been spending ages learning French verbs.

We walked through Animal Kingdom and got a Fastpass for Killimanjaro Safari.

We came across a cheeky animal that decided to go to the bathroom as we and many other vacationers walked past.

Suddenly... a massive thunder storm started up and it was pouring. We ended up sheltering in the outside eating area of Tusker House. All the seats were taken and we had to stand... for an HOUR and a HALF!

It was pretty horrible. I wished we'd have gotten to a show like the Lion King to use our time more wisely. The crowds were really getting to us- this park was SO busy.

As soon as it stopped raining, everyone made a dash to get on the rides first. We dashed over to Expedition Everest to get our next Fastpass and then back to the Safari.... to use our first Fastpass.

The Safari was fun- I think the drizzle ruined it a bit. BUT it was nice and cool and there were quite a lot of animals about.

Here are some of our better photographs:

I like this photo- Mummy took it.

Ahhhh

Well- that's all I have time for today! I hope you enjoyed reading my update! I will update more soon.

Thanks for reading- and bye bye!

Old 01-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #187
coltsfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
You're in for a treat when you try Citricos. I tried tofu with sauces in 'Ohana and I just hated the texture. My dad said he would give my brother $20 if he ate a piece, but William never got it- he spat it out straight away!

You should definately look for more Quorn. I love Quorn mince- I can eat spaghetti bolegnese and sheperds pie with my family that way. Here we have loads of different types of Quorn- burgers, steaks, Sunday roasts, sausage rolls and lots of pretty yummy ready meals.

Are you on the East coast of the US? I can see why flights would be more affordable then. I know flights are more expensive in some parts of the US, but I think generally they must be cheaper. Good job on the flights! It's so satisfying when you find a good deal. We love the dining plan- don't you get it for free staying at a value resort sometimes in the US? We only get it free with Moderates and Deluxes. We don't really want to go at a time they aren't offering free dining!

You really ought to visit France. It is a great place- me and my family love it. It's considered here as a 'cheap' holiday. The Eurotunnel is great. Before it was built a couple years ago we had a six hour ferry ride over to France. Have you been anywhere in Europe? It's great- each country is totally different and has a unique culture.
Haha about William and tofu! The dining plan sounds so great but because my mom's a teacher we can basically only go over the summer and it's usually not offered then. I really should look for more Quorn products; the steaks sound especially good. I live in the Eastern section of the U.S. in Ohio-within a few hours drive to the Midwest's largest cities like Indianapolis, Chicago, Columbus, Detroit, Cleveland etc. so there are plenty of airports to choose from. What's Essex like? England sounds like a fantastic country!!! Unfortunately, I've never been to Europe but because it's finally 2012 I can say next year I get to go to Ireland with my grandparents and mom for my graduation present! I'm trying to convince them that we should venture to France...

GREAT update, cant wait for the next installment!! I'm glad you had luck on the safari finding animals. I know it'll be in a later update, but did you do Expedition Everest, Kali and Dinosaur?
Old 01-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #188
meggiebeth

Quote:
Haha about William and tofu! The dining plan sounds so great but because my mom's a teacher we can basically only go over the summer and it's usually not offered then. I really should look for more Quorn products; the steaks sound especially good. I live in the Eastern section of the U.S. in Ohio-within a few hours drive to the Midwest's largest cities like Indianapolis, Chicago, Columbus, Detroit, Cleveland etc. so there are plenty of airports to choose from. What's Essex like? England sounds like a fantastic country!!! Unfortunately, I've never been to Europe but because it's finally 2012 I can say next year I get to go to Ireland with my grandparents and mom for my graduation present! I'm trying to convince them that we should venture to France...

GREAT update, cant wait for the next installment!! I'm glad you had luck on the safari finding animals. I know it'll be in a later update, but did you do Expedition Everest, Kali and Dinosaur?
That's strange, here we get the free dining plan all through the summer holidays- July and August. I guess they are the cheap seasons here. Wow- you're close to ALL those cities? I've heard of them all but I doubt I'll be seeing them any time soon.

Essex is a pretty beautiful county. It has lots of quaint villages, like the one we live in. We're also about an hours drive from London, which is lovely. London is a place everyone should go to once.

Here are some photos of my village I got off the internet:

We have to go to our nearest market town to go shopping and get food. Here are some photos of that:

An old one (You can tell by the cars!)

And here's a beautiful mansion that is open to the public. Our family love spending time here in the summer! We also caught Jamie Oliver there with his wife and kids once.

You'll have a great trip to Ireland! How long are you going for? I would DEFINATELY go to France too. It is so worth it. The culture, atmosphere, food and buildings are all great to experience.

If you could do it this way... although it may not be to everyones taste- here's how I'd do it. I'd go to Ireland for a week or two, then get a ferry to England... drive down to London... spend a few nights there (you would not regret it!) and then drive to Folkestone where the Eurotunnel is, which would take you directly to France. Northern France is cooler than the south, but still has some beautiful scenery. And of course there's Paris! But drive a bit further and you will get warmer weather. I think Cote d'Azur would be a bit too far though, that's where Nice is.

Thankyou! We did Expedition Everest, which we LOVED, except my mum didn't like the backwards bit. Dinosaur was awesome but terrifying. Even Rory loved it- he normally gets nightmares about that sort of stuff. We didn't get to do Kali River Rapids, unfortunately. The queues were so long and Fastpass had run out. That's something to do next time!

Old 01-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #189
coltsfanatic

Quote:
That's strange, here we get the free dining plan all through the summer holidays- July and August. I guess they are the cheap seasons here. Wow- you're close to ALL those cities? I've heard of them all but I doubt I'll be seeing them any time soon.

Essex is a pretty beautiful county. It has lots of quaint villages, like the one we live in. We're also about an hours drive from London, which is lovely. London is a place everyone should go to once.

Here are some photos of my village I got off the internet:

We have to go to our nearest market town to go shopping and get food. Here are some photos of that:

An old one (You can tell by the cars!)

And here's a beautiful mansion that is open to the public. Our family love spending time here in the summer! We also caught Jamie Oliver there with his wife and kids once.

You'll have a great trip to Ireland! How long are you going for? I would DEFINATELY go to France too. It is so worth it. The culture, atmosphere, food and buildings are all great to experience.

If you could do it this way... although it may not be to everyones taste- here's how I'd do it. I'd go to Ireland for a week or two, then get a ferry to England... drive down to London... spend a few nights there (you would not regret it!) and then drive to Folkestone where the Eurotunnel is, which would take you directly to France. Northern France is cooler than the south, but still has some beautiful scenery. And of course there's Paris! But drive a bit further and you will get warmer weather. I think Cote d'Azur would be a bit too far though, that's where Nice is.

Thankyou! We did Expedition Everest, which we LOVED, except my mum didn't like the backwards bit. Dinosaur was awesome but terrifying. Even Rory loved it- he normally gets nightmares about that sort of stuff. We didn't get to do Kali River Rapids, unfortunately. The queues were so long and Fastpass had run out. That's something to do next time!
Yep, with Columbus being the closest! (It's my favorite city in Ohio, you would love it!)

Those pictures are AMAZING!! OMG about Jamie Oliver!!! When I figure out how to upload pictures to disboards, I'll have to do it so you can see what a typical American suburb looks like! It's very different from Essex! Did you go to London for the royal wedding?

We're thinking about two weeks as we want to see County Cork (where my great great grandpa lived), Dublin and Belfast (I'm obsessed with the Titanic). I love, love, love your idea! I'll have to run it by my family and see what we can do.

Everest and Dinosaur look great; I'm just such a chicken... but I really want to! Too bad about Kali but I'm sure you'll be back!

Can't wait for the next update!
Old 01-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #190
meggiebeth

Quote:
Yep, with Columbus being the closest! (It's my favorite city in Ohio, you would love it!)

Those pictures are AMAZING!! OMG about Jamie Oliver!!! When I figure out how to upload pictures to disboards, I'll have to do it so you can see what a typical American suburb looks like! It's very different from Essex! Did you go to London for the royal wedding?

We're thinking about two weeks as we want to see County Cork (where my great great grandpa lived), Dublin and Belfast (I'm obsessed with the Titanic). I love, love, love your idea! I'll have to run it by my family and see what we can do.

Everest and Dinosaur look great; I'm just such a chicken... but I really want to! Too bad about Kali but I'm sure you'll be back!

Can't wait for the next update!
What's Columbus like? Is it quite historic? I love history, I took it as a GCSE... but we're just doing the American West at the moment. I would love to study more American history.

I know a lot more about America than my friends but I still don't know much about Columbus... or many cities for that matter! I'll have to look it up on google earth.

I would love to see some pictures of a typical American suburb. I'm fascinated about America. I use photobucket for my photos. It's free and it gives you a link that you can put in your post... which then magically turns into a photo!

I couldn't imagine America looking anything like Essex lol. I'm not sure about New England though. The scenery there looks kind of English.

Everyone had the day off school and work but we didn't go into London. I'd have loved to... but I don't think my parents were that inspired. We watched it on television though... and it was nice that lots of people put up British flags for the occasion.

When are you coming over? The summer, I'm guessing? I've actually never been to Ireland... although I do know that Dublin and Belfast are great cities. I just mentioned it to my parents and they said Ireland is 'very wet' (as is the UK generally!) and they also said they would not spend 2 weeks in Ireland. But if you're planning to visit lots of different places, maybe that would be fine. I think Dublin and Belfast are both 'city breaks' needing a couple of nights.

I would spend a week to ten days in Ireland, depending on what you want to do. England has lots to offer too- London is a must... and we live near Cambridge which is quite popular with tourists.

If you can possibly go for more than 2 weeks, I definately would. If you're spending all that money flying over to Ireland, it's only a little bit extra to visit a few other places too.

What would you want to do in France? Paris is great but a city break. We used to have lots of family holidays on the French coast which is another great option. It's very relaxed, and if you like the beach and sun then...

I would probably do 7- 8 nights Ireland, then 3- 4 nights London, then a week in France. What a perfect holiday!

Sorry... I just love giving way too much pointless advice! Planning holidays is one of my favourite hobbies.

I would say Everest is about equivilent to Space Mountain thrill wise. Dinosaur isn't really thrilling- just one or two dinosaurs pop out and give you a fright!

I'll try to update tomorrow- hopefully... hehe. It's nice being busy- just not when you're busy with stupid school work!

Old 01-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #191
coltsfanatic

Columbus is actually quite a modern-looking city, but for Ohio it has a lot of history. It has the state's largest university and is home to our state government (basically all of our state's bills get signed there). The buildings on campus, which is downtown, are amazing! There is a lot of diversity and there's actually a large vegan community-with an all-vegan bakery, restaurant and salon on the outskirts of downtown. It's truly an all-American city.

I will have to use photobucket! Yes, New England does. I just started taking this online course and I'm the only one from the Midwest, so it's funny seeing all of these pictures on the ocean, countryside, rolling hills, etc. Definitely different.

Yes, the wedding WAS amazing! How neat! As for Ireland, we're going next summer. I've heard it's always kind of dreary. 7-10 days sounds about right and then if I can add on an England and France trip then I would be . You read my mind about the beach! The cafes, museums and little shops also sound really appealing.

I know about the schoolwork! I think reading trip reports gets me in a good frame of mind, though, so I can work harder on my papers!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #192
meggiebeth

Quote:
Columbus is actually quite a modern-looking city, but for Ohio it has a lot of history. It has the state's largest university and is home to our state government (basically all of our state's bills get signed there). The buildings on campus, which is downtown, are amazing! There is a lot of diversity and there's actually a large vegan community-with an all-vegan bakery, restaurant and salon on the outskirts of downtown. It's truly an all-American city.

I will have to use photobucket! Yes, New England does. I just started taking this online course and I'm the only one from the Midwest, so it's funny seeing all of these pictures on the ocean, countryside, rolling hills, etc. Definitely different.

Yes, the wedding WAS amazing! How neat! As for Ireland, we're going next summer. I've heard it's always kind of dreary. 7-10 days sounds about right and then if I can add on an England and France trip then I would be . You read my mind about the beach! The cafes, museums and little shops also sound really appealing.

I know about the schoolwork! I think reading trip reports gets me in a good frame of mind, though, so I can work harder on my papers!
That's awesome about the state bills. Do you go to university in Columbus then? It sounds really smart. I actually live quite near Cambridge University which I'm sure you've heard of. Those buildings are also very impressive but in a historic sort of way- they're very old.

Is Columbus filled with skyscrapers then? That's what I think of when I imagine a modern American city. We have them in the business part of London, the 'city' (where all the banks are, etc) and they are very impressive. I'd love to see American cities with the tall skyscrapers.

Are you a vegan then? It must be quite challenging. Don't most foods have dairy in? I love milk too much to be a vegan- it's just meat I don't particularly like.

Does Ohio not have rolling hills and countryside? Is it quite dry? I thought it was one of the greener states- grass wise lol.

Are you going summer 2012 or 2013? If you're going in 2012 then that's when the Olympics are on in London. It is being really hyped up here... even though most people will not be going.

Ireland is quite dreary and rainy- it's the same with Scotland. Southern England has far better weather- although is still prone to rain.

Airfare will probably be very expensive from Ireland to France- especially during summer. So driving thru England and stopping off at London would be a bonus! And cheaper.

Honestly, France is wonderful, and now I know that you are interested in cafes, museums and little shops it would be exactly your cup of tea (I'm not sure if you use that expression lol). You should look into what part of France you'd like to stay in- because there are really nice parts and not so nice parts. Lol. Can you speak French? That'll generally make it easier, haha.

Hehe- I think if I read trip reports before doing my schoolwork and coursework, I'd probably never end up actually doing my work. Although I don't have to do essays like you must at uni.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:56 PM   #193
coltsfanatic

Nope, I'm at a community college north of C-bus. There are quite a few skyscrapers, especially the university medical buildings, banks, etc. Yes, Cambridge sounds like an amazing school!

Other than a few vegetarian "meats", I am. It's actually pretty easy at home, I just hate going out to eat and ordering "without cheese." People look at me like I have four eyes. I used to hate milk so that made it a lot easier, and now I use almond milk all the time and it's delicious! My family says they prefer it to regular milk, actually. Down south Ohio's pretty hilly, but it's not the extremely beautiful type, if that makes any sense?! Up where I live, it's pretty flat, although we do have quite a few trees.

I would absolutely love to go to the Olympics, but we're not scheduled until 2013. Driving does sound better than flying, price-wise. Oui, tres peu le francais! Sorry if I'm hijacking your threads! You can PM me if you want instead. I was just so excited to see another teen vegetarian Disney fan!

Quote:
That's awesome about the state bills. Do you go to university in Columbus then? It sounds really smart. I actually live quite near Cambridge University which I'm sure you've heard of. Those buildings are also very impressive but in a historic sort of way- they're very old.

Is Columbus filled with skyscrapers then? That's what I think of when I imagine a modern American city. We have them in the business part of London, the 'city' (where all the banks are, etc) and they are very impressive. I'd love to see American cities with the tall skyscrapers.

Are you a vegan then? It must be quite challenging. Don't most foods have dairy in? I love milk too much to be a vegan- it's just meat I don't particularly like.

Does Ohio not have rolling hills and countryside? Is it quite dry? I thought it was one of the greener states- grass wise lol.

Are you going summer 2012 or 2013? If you're going in 2012 then that's when the Olympics are on in London. It is being really hyped up here... even though most people will not be going.

Ireland is quite dreary and rainy- it's the same with Scotland. Southern England has far better weather- although is still prone to rain.

Airfare will probably be very expensive from Ireland to France- especially during summer. So driving thru England and stopping off at London would be a bonus! And cheaper.

Honestly, France is wonderful, and now I know that you are interested in cafes, museums and little shops it would be exactly your cup of tea (I'm not sure if you use that expression lol). You should look into what part of France you'd like to stay in- because there are really nice parts and not so nice parts. Lol. Can you speak French? That'll generally make it easier, haha.

Hehe- I think if I read trip reports before doing my schoolwork and coursework, I'd probably never end up actually doing my work. Although I don't have to do essays like you must at uni.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #194
meggiebeth

Quote:
Nope, I'm at a community college north of C-bus. There are quite a few skyscrapers, especially the university medical buildings, banks, etc. Yes, Cambridge sounds like an amazing school!

Other than a few vegetarian "meats", I am. It's actually pretty easy at home, I just hate going out to eat and ordering "without cheese." People look at me like I have four eyes. I used to hate milk so that made it a lot easier, and now I use almond milk all the time and it's delicious! My family says they prefer it to regular milk, actually. Down south Ohio's pretty hilly, but it's not the extremely beautiful type, if that makes any sense?! Up where I live, it's pretty flat, although we do have quite a few trees.

I would absolutely love to go to the Olympics, but we're not scheduled until 2013. Driving does sound better than flying, price-wise. Oui, tres peu le francais! Sorry if I'm hijacking your threads! You can PM me if you want instead. I was just so excited to see another teen vegetarian Disney fan!
Oh, a community college! Do you still live with your parents? One thing I'm not looking forward to about University is moving away from home and living on my own, lol.

I didn't think there were universities in the US, I have only heard Americans talk about college.

Well, even pasta has egg in it doesn't it? Our supermarket only has a small vegan section, with stuff like soya milk and dairy free things. Doesn't almond milk taste more like almonds than milk? Why are you a vegan, if you don't mind me asking? I just don't like eating animals- the thought of eating them kind of grosses me out. Although my family love meat, they don't like to eat halal meat.

I just typed 'ohio' into google images and aside from loads of maps, the photos looked quite nice and green. There were also a few of skyscrapers.

Well in a lot of ways it is better that you are going in 2013. The prices of flights and hotels will probably be a LOT cheaper. Ah so you can speak French! A little bit anyway. Most schools here teach french- it is the most common foreign language I guess. It's so much easier than German!

You aren't hijacking my thread, lol! I don't mind whether it's on here or in a PM. I'm excited to meet a teen vegetarian Disney fan that's American!

Old 01-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #195
meggiebeth

Sorry it's been a while since my last update, but here we go!

We walked over to Expedition Everest, and somehow Rory took this... interesting photo...

We got some photos of EE on the way:

William took a photo of us:

And I took some:

I really like the next three photos:

And EE:

The ride was amazing! I loved it! I was really nervous, being a bit of a wimp, and Rory reached out for my hand and said 'Don't worry Meggie, I'll look after you!' It was so cute!

All through the ride I could hear Rory scream 'this is awesome!' He loved it when the yeti came. When we got off, my mum felt sick and said she didn't like the backwards bit. I liked it but I had to press my head back to stop it going all over the place.

We then decided to ride Dinosaur and loved that too! After that we decided to head back to SSR to have a swim, get changed and get ready for the HDDR.

Next update- HDDR! One of the best meals of the week! (And such good fun!) Thanks for reading.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: