Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #16
debilovesmickey
Mouseketeer

price increase

I thought the same as Yeti77-- that the price of the resort POP was going up!
Glad to hear it's just soda... although that is a crazy high price!

Debi
debilovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:03 AM   #17
sanapunk
Kahtkateer
Me number one kite flier!

I still think the drink prices, compared to Six Flags and the NJ Boardwalk, are a great value. Especially since they give you a big ol' cuppa soda!

Who's the driver of the kaht that's made for you and me? V-A-R-L-E-Y B-A-W-B!!
sanapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #18
sunshine girl
DIS Veteran

Location: Once a Floridian, always a Floridian (but currently elsewhere)

I am pretty good about bringing my own drinks into the parks, or just sticking with water --- this will just motivate me further!
Old 08-28-2011, 12:54 AM   #19
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep View Post
Still cheaper than Disneyland. I think our large is $3.29!
I was thinking the same thing! Still sounds like a bargain to me! I checked All Ears to be sure: Regular $2.79 Large $3.29 at DLR. Why on earth is everything more expensive in California than the rest of the country?

Actually, we rarely get soda anyway. We always ask for a free cup of water. You have to ask for a cup because if you just ask for water, they are likely to sell you a water bottle for an outrageous price.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #20
tjevans
DIS Veteran

It's not a "pop" or a "soda"! It's a "coke"!

http://www.popvssoda.com/

This is a person with multiple skill sets
tjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #21
topolino
I don't mean those kind of gestures!
Not everything we eat needs to be healthy. Live a little!

I don't get it when people call it all "Coke". Coke is a brand name. What do you say when you want a Sprite? Do you order a "Sprite Coke"?

Anyway, here in Buffalo, it's "pop".
Old 08-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #22
Rozz
DIS Veteran

We've already stopped buying as many sodas in the parks as we used to because of prices even though Disney is not as bad as some other parks.

We take our Hydro Flasks filled with the coke product of our choice into the parks. A little ice and cold coke stays cold a long time in one of those things! Add the free cups of water, some dried fruit and nuts for grazing and our costs for snacks and drinks is a little less painful.

We still enjoy our favorite park snacks at least once during our stay-Dole Whips, churros, French pastry, German caramel chocolate thing, and a couple others the kids like. I see where we need to cut back some more!!

At first, I too thought this post was about the POP Century resort!

Caribbean Beach Wilderness Lodge WDW Swan WDW Dolphin Regal Sun Carribean Beach POP Century
Rozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #23
Yeti77
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by topolino View Post
I don't get it when people call it all "Coke". Coke is a brand name. What do you say when you want a Sprite? Do you order a "Sprite Coke"?

I'd say that the practice of calling all soft drinks or sodas "Coke" is slowly fading in the South but still around. You can order a "Coke" in some restaurants and they'll ask you what kind or flavor. You'd then reply with "Sprite."
I'm not defending the logic. That's just the way it is. Down here, 9.9 out of 10restaurants serve Coke products. Pepsi products are few and far between (other than Taco Bell, KFC, and the grocery store). I'd never heard them called "pop" until I visited Ohio in the 90's. It took me several minutes to figure out what was being sold. Just another thing that makes all these different regions interesting. I really think "soft drink" is becoming the standard down here.
Yeti77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #24
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

I'll probably stop buying pop from the carts and start going into the shops to buy the bottles. This way I'll at least get 20% off the drink with my premium AP.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #25
jesswindsor
DIS Veteran

I guess the price in everything will keep being raised, it gets a little discouraging sometimes. Soda has always been high at all theme parks. I can see more people skipping the soda and getting free ice water instead......well untill they start charging for that.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #26
TerrytownGrl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbelle8995 View Post
Yep me too. I call it Coke. One of northern friends ask me what when they don't have Coke. I stated that I drink what they have.

But most southern restaurants have Coke and that's all that Disney's ever had since I have been going.
Yep...we call it Coke here too. As a matter of fact, at restaurants, we automatically order Coke products. So if they don't sell Coke, the server has to stop and say, "will Pepsi be okay?"

CSR - 25th Anniversary trip 2012
POP - Thanksgiving 2014, 2010 and 2008
POFQ - June, 2007 Swan - May, 2003
CBR - May, 1989 Disney Inn - May, 1987 (honeymoon)
Offsite - May, 1992, August 1983, August 1982 & June, 1979

TerrytownGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:29 PM   #27
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by topolino View Post

I was going to Xerox your question and show it to some people, but something caused me to sneeze before I got a chance and I didn't have a Kleenex handy so I had to go to a coworker's desk to get one.

Unfortunately, about the time I got to his desk, he was complaining about a nasty papercut he just received, and since noone had a Bandaid, he used his last Kleenex to try and keep from bleeding all over the place. He used some Scotch Tape to hold it on his finger. I then had to dig out an Aspirin in order to keep him from complaining about the pain.

Ugh.

Of course somehow things just got worse. The Dumpster out back is overflowing and they've not been by to empty it in a week, Some kids throwing a Frisbee dented my car in the parking lot, my neighbor borrowed my Crockpot so I can't have dinner waiting on me when i get home, The Jacuzzi is on the fritz, the Jet Ski rental I was planning on was damaged because of Irene, and the freakin Realtor just called telling me that the house i was looking at had a tree fall on it (Guess they forgot to wrap it in Bubble-Wrap to protect it.).

By the time i got back to my desk, I discovered a Post-It where my boss was telling me to get back to work. He wrote it in Sharpie, so I figured I should just forget about the Xerox.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...zed_trademarks)
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:23 PM   #28
kbelle8995
DIS Veteran

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjevans View Post
It's not a "pop" or a "soda"! It's a "coke"!

http://www.popvssoda.com/
It also counts that Coke is a southern product. There's a reason why there a "World of Coca-Cola" attraction in Atlanta, GA.

So that probably is why we call it "Coke" in southern states.

Personally A Coke is just my preference. If they have Pepsi, I order a Sierra Mist.
kbelle8995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #29
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbelle8995 View Post
It also counts that Coke is a southern product. There's a reason why there a "World of Coca-Cola" attraction in Atlanta, GA.

So that probably is why we call it "Coke" in southern states.

Personally A Coke is just my preference. If they have Pepsi, I order a Sierra Mist.
Actually... The funny thing is that while Coke was invented and headquartered in Atlanta, Ga (World Of Coke is in Atlanta because of the company headquarters, and actually opened originally around the time of the '96 Olympics).... I Believe Pepsi was originally a north Carolina product, so technically they are both Southern.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:42 PM   #30
Halbleib1
DIS Veteran

On our last trip at Christmas time we saw the same thing happen with the popcorn buckets. The price was the same at every park for the first half of our trip but for the second half as we got closer to Christmas day the price went up at the MK. The other parks remained the same. Guess they sell more popcorn there. LOL After the holidays the price went back down according to threads I have read about the buckets.

Soda is going up everywhere so it is not surprising they are raising the price at Disney. It use to be on sale around here all the time 1.00 or less for a 2 liter. Now most the time when it is on sale it is 1.25-1.50. It has been going on sale less and less as well.

Our First Christmas at Disney World! Staying at Pop Century December 14-24th!

Halbleib1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: