Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
tinks_1989
need a like button

Can't wait to be walking down the middle of Main Street U.S.A COMPLETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, U.S.A.
It's the heart of America, the heartbeat of a holiday
The place was made with a magical plan
And just around the corner is a fantasyland
I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, U.S.A"

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to my Pre trip report full of lots of obsessive planning, list making and loads of excitement.

I can't believe how quick this trip has come round! We booked this in January when my little girl hadn't even been born and she is nearly 6 months old now and only 3 weeks and 3 days to go!

So who's going

Andy My Dad He is driving 7 of us to the magic! Is a big kid and the best Grandy (Alternative word from Grandad) Elsie could have!

Kim - My mum (Disneyfiedfamily) Domestic goddess and this trip wouldn't of happened with out her! Thanks mum!

Leanne - Me Obsessive Disney planner! Complete Disney freak LOVE everything about it! Why else would I be a dis member

David - My husband (the day of the trip we will have been married 1 year 1 week and 1 day. Using the trip as our anniversary celebration ) Enjoy's good food and drink not such a huge fan of big rides though!

Sammi - My sister, never used to like the big rides but now she goes on any thing!

David Number 2 - Sammi's boyfriend, first visit to any Disney park, already being disneyfied by Sammi with t-shirts jumpers and even socks!

and Elsie - My beautiful baby girl, already loves Ariel she goes every where with us! Really hope she isn't scared of the characters!

So that is the car full but there is still more

Richard - My cousin, huge Disney fan even bigger buzz fan!

Becky - His girlfriend, doesn't like the big rides happy to stay off and hold the bags!

Richard and Becky are flying over on the same day!

Last edited by tinks_1989; 11-11-2011 at 02:07 PM.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
tinks_1989
need a like button

All of going in the car are staying at the Davy Crockett, I am so excited to be staying here. I can't remember how long it has been since we last stayed here as flights have been so cheap we have always stayed on one of the on site Disney hotels.

Richard and Becky are staying at the Sequoia Lodge.

We only have one meal booked at the moment which is Cafe Mickey!

We had such a great meal here last April for my Sammi's 18th! The character interaction was brilliant the amount of time each character spent at the table and we were very impressed with the food especially desert!

Last edited by tinks_1989; 08-25-2011 at 02:41 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Loving the start to this, nothing like a bit of obsessive planning

Sounds like so much fun having all the family together x

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #4
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

That certainly is a car-full!! Hope you all have a magical trip!

How lovely to make it your Anniversary celebration too

Happy planning from a self-confessed plan-a-holic!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post
Loving the start to this, nothing like a bit of obsessive planning

Sounds like so much fun having all the family together x
Thank you for reading! Hope you check back for more obsessive planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
That certainly is a car-full!! Hope you all have a magical trip!

How lovely to make it your Anniversary celebration too

Happy planning from a self-confessed plan-a-holic!
Thank you for reading! I hope we can do something special or even buy something special for the occasion!

I think all of us are plan a holics and the disboards is just feeding our addiction!
Old 08-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Sounds like you're in for a busy time! Have a great time
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #7
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Sounds fantastic!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:55 AM   #8
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Poppins View Post
Sounds like you're in for a busy time! Have a great time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Sounds fantastic!
Aw thanks for reading guys so excited 3 weeks today
Old 09-14-2011, 08:27 AM   #9
tinks_1989
need a like button

Just over 3 days to go and very excited! Also very busy now till we go so hopefully it will be here in no time

I have packed re-packed un-packed and packed again. I am a packing addict writing a list of what I have to pack is a private pleasure of mine

Hoping the weather is going to be like it is today whilst there next week.

Weather Forecast

Not looking too promising though!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #10
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Just over 3 days to go and very excited! Also very busy now till we go so hopefully it will be here in no time

I have packed re-packed un-packed and packed again. I am a packing addict writing a list of what I have to pack is a private pleasure of mine

Hoping the weather is going to be like it is today whilst there next week.

Weather Forecast

Not looking too promising though!
Im SO looking forward to this TR!! I also am a secret lover of packing!
What are you most looking forward to?
It makes it all so real! Hope ye all have a great trip and take loads of pics!!

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #11
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Im SO looking forward to this TR!! I also am a secret lover of packing!
What are you most looking forward to?
It makes it all so real! Hope ye all have a great trip and take loads of pics!!
Thanks :D this is my 25th Disney trip (13th Disneyland Paris 11 WDW and 1 DL) and hope to do a food trip report I'm always to embarrassed to!

M really looking forward to cafe mickey and Elsie meeting all the characters so excited hope she doesn't get scared of them! X
Old 09-15-2011, 05:29 AM   #12
kizzabel

Aaaaah bless. Her first trip to DLP I must say I love her name, very cute and ladylike

I know what you mean, I always have the camera out to take food pics and think people will be staring at the freak taking food pics but Im going to try it this time, I swear!!

All set to go?

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
Old 09-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #13
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Aaaaah bless. Her first trip to DLP I must say I love her name, very cute and ladylike

I know what you mean, I always have the camera out to take food pics and think people will be staring at the freak taking food pics but Im going to try it this time, I swear!!

All set to go?
Aw thank you I too love it!

Yeah same here I managed like 3 on our honeymoon but that was two weeks worth of free dining and we had a lot of food

Already and packed just Make up, Straightners and Elsie's milk but I cant do anything about them in advance.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #14
kizzabel

Only 2 more sleeps!! Your very organised so! I just did a massive spring clean and sorted some more bits and pieces for the suitcase. At this rate it'll be overweight!

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 09-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #15
tinks_1989
need a like button

Day 1 Part 1

I thought I would just start my trip report at the end of my PTR so every one reading would know who every one was staring in my report.

I was going to ask Flynn Rider to Narrate this special TR for me but the que was so long to see them I never got the chance to ask him lol!

Day 1

I got hardly any sleep I was so excited and anxious I just couldn't wait to get up! When my alarm did go off I was dreaming of having a bon fire and dreamt I threw my phone on the bon fire very odd

I got up got washed dressed then got Dave up then Elsie. Elsie facial expression was wide eyed and shocked. She wasn't really sure what was going on and was just staring at every one.

Once every one was ready we were all loaded in to the car and on our way at exactly 4.04 am. The journey went very quickly Elsie, Sammi and both the Dave's feel asleep almost straight away, me mum and dad talked and about an hour away from Dover the rest started waking up on by one. Our ferry was booked for 9.55 am but we got there about 8am and the nice lady put us on an earlier ferry! Thank you nice lady

Elsie drove us the last little bit of the way.

On the ferry we went to change Elsie and getting her dressed in to her Minnie mouse clothes ready for Disney. Once the ferry started moving I started to regret not taking a travel sickness tablet mum offered but it wasn’t so much sickness I felt more then made my head feel funny like I had been drinking!

We had some breakfast wasn't great though and had a look round the shops on the ferry they had a toblerone for £45!

A few photos from outside on the deck!

The crossing went really fast and before we knew it we were on the road again. Elsie fell straight back to sleep, Dave and I played buzz on the PSP for a bit. Having a sat nav telling you estimated minutes till arrival takes the fun away of irritating my dad asking him if we are nearly there yet!

We soon saw our first sign for Disneyland Parc very exciting.

I text Richard to say we were only an hour away from Disney and it was only about 12.30, they weren’t due to arrive till about 7-8pm. Elsie was also very excited.

We arrived at Davy Crockett about 2pm and our cabin wasn’t ready yet so we turned round and went back to the park.

When we arrived we were told to park on a different side of the car park because we still had our luggage.

Walking down the walk ways to the park was so exciting! Then you are greeted with that dreadful bag search it has never bothered me before as I have only ever carried money and a camera to the park with me before but having a 6 month old nappy bag, spare clothes blankets, coats and every thing but the kitchen sink has to be looked at isn’t such a happy entrance to the park!

Our first time in Disney Parc wasn’t what I had always imagined I didn’t want Elsies first trip down main street to be rushed so we went down the arcade to the baby centre for a nappy change and bottle we then headed over to Elsies first ever ride it’s a small world! It said 20 mins wait but it was probably 10 if that Elsie was looking at everything and swinging her head round so she wouldn’t miss any thing smiling away bless her.

It was so busy every where we were all starting to regret coming to the park and hoping the rest of the week wasn’t going to be like this. The 4 of us decided to have a Caseys, Elsie came too but she didn’t fancy a hot dog! Lol!

The park got too much for me, Elsie and Dave it was nearly 4 o’clock so decided to head for the Disneyland hotel to see all the characters. No surprise they all got mobbed.

I managed to get a few photos of the characters.

As we were leaving Dale come over and started waving at Elsie in her push chair tickling her and playing boo she didn’t know how to respond at first then she started laughing we got a photo with him then he was ushered off by the CM he was with.

We headed to the village but this was just as crazy and hard work with a push chair. Dave was planning on watching Chelsea vs. Man UTD at 5 (I think) so we went and had a drink in the sports bar as that’s where we had arranged to meet every one.

Mum dad Elsie and I decided to go back and see if the lodge was ready yet as we were all tired. I unpacked and re arranged the bedroom as Sammi and her Dave were sleeping in the lounge.

Elsie hated her travel cot and took ages to get her to sleep in it.

Mum and dad went back to go get both the Dave’s and Sammi. When they got back it was obvious Dave had been drinking he wouldn’t shut up lol! (That’s my Dave lol so confusing) He was so chatty and he just wouldn't stop he is normally quite quiet not to night lol!

He had to go for a walk to get a bit of fresh air whilst the rest of got ready for bed.

Elsie woke up in the night and just wouldn’t go back in her cot and when I was feeding her, her bottle she said da da da da da I was so excited but also so very tired. Elsie got in to bed with me and I hardly slept the rest of the night too scared to squash her.

Last edited by tinks_1989; 11-11-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: